Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

gnarlyhotep posted:

lol I probated you for being racist

you're obvs a great guy

you are obviously not a great guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Triggered liberals.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
"No he looks stupid on purpose. To make you mad."

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sorry about the retard president embarrassing the entire country multiple times a day

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

What stupid poo poo will he try to do today. My god I'm getting tired. He's winning through attrition and dumb fuckery on a daily basis

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
was obamas first 30 days this ridiculous cause i was like 16 at the time and wasn't paying attention

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

TheIllestVillain posted:

was obamas first 30 days this ridiculous cause i was like 16 at the time and wasn't paying attention
In his first 30 days Obama put spicy mustard on a hamburger

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Knight posted:

In his first 30 days Obama put spicy mustard on a hamburger

well it was dijon mustard - "dijon" sounds frenchy - therefore obama is an elitist. (and also probably a muslim (because he is black))

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I voted for Obama because he was a black Muslim Kenyan. :(

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/AP/status/832608704855937024

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Wendigee posted:

What stupid poo poo will he try to do today. My god I'm getting tired. He's winning through attrition and dumb fuckery on a daily basis

he's going to wave his penis at the white house press pool and make whooshing lightsaber noises

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

if this is a trial balloon, they're gonna have a bad time

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

TheIllestVillain posted:

The first 30+ days consisted of Donald Trump insisting we needed to see Obama's birth certificate because he was convinced Obama was a secret Kenyan. That same Donald Trump would then go on to become president without ever disclosing his tax returns.

Lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Illegals will be rounded up in "camps" in the deserts of Southern california, recently vacated by Japanese nationals, until they can be conveniently transported back to their native lands. Does anyone have an inside on barbed wire and car batteries?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

That Robot posted:

if this is a trial balloon, they're gonna have a bad time
A senior admin official already tried to claim it was false but AP has the memo detailing it:

quote:

The 11-page document calls for the unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana.

Four states that border on Mexico are included in the proposal — California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas — but it also encompasses seven states contiguous to those four — Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.

Governors in the 11 states would have a choice whether to have their guard troops participate, according to the memo, written by U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general.
https://t.co/aoV7FXM8ak

Edit - Note, the memo is from January 25th.

Knight fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 17, 2017

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Must be nice to float ideas and then leak them and then call them fake. Lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

It's an American mythology perpetuated by liberal school teachers that Kent State was seen as a bad thing at the time it happened

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

tao of lmao posted:

The first 30+ days consisted of Donald Trump insisting we needed to see Obama's birth certificate because he was convinced Obama was a secret Kenyan. That same Donald Trump would then go on to become president without ever disclosing his tax returns.

Lol

I want Obama to go on TV as Trump did and demand Trump's tax records. Like just straight up copy everything Trump did with the birther poo poo.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I forget where I read it, but someone smarter than me pointed out that everyone thought Hitler was just spouting crazy trial balloons in 1933 too.

He was actually setting up the lies that would make the persecution and death camps acceptable to his supporters 10 years later.

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
I assume Trump is only using 100k troops because the others are reserved for other minority groups.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's an American mythology perpetuated by liberal school teachers that Kent State was seen as a bad thing at the time it happened

same thing for slavery, the holocaust. suck it up fags

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I want Obama to go on TV as Trump did and demand Trump's tax records. Like just straight up copy everything Trump did with the birther poo poo.

This would be loving badass.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Obama is a bigger man than Trump... *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Haverchuck posted:

same thing for slavery, the holocaust. suck it up fags

Except 99% of people today know those things are wrong but I'd say at least 30% of people wouldn't miss a few Berkeley kids

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Exceptional Transperson posted:

Obama is a bigger man than Trump... *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

That seems to be the new meme nowadays

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's an American mythology perpetuated by liberal school teachers that the Bowling Green Massacre was seen as a bad thing at the time it happened

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Except 99% of people today know those things are wrong but I'd say at least 30% of people wouldn't miss a few Berkeley kids

you dont think those things are wrong and neither did they. Also, the military draws disproportionately from the rural south. Those troops have been itching and slavering their entire lives to publicly execute unarmed protesters

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Haverchuck posted:

you dont think those things are wrong and neither did they. Also, the military draws disproportionately from the rural south. Those troops have been itching and slavering their entire lives to publicly execute unarmed protesters

Wow what a hot take on an entire region of the country. I still don't understand how Hillary lost.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

ChesterJT posted:

Wow what a hot take on an entire region of the country. I still don't understand how Hillary lost.

Where did he generalize an entire region?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

Where did he generalize an entire region?

When he said all the troops from the rural south have been itching their entire lives to shoot unarmed protesters?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

ChesterJT posted:

prove me wrong moron

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
ProvE southerners aren't itching to gun down citizens why don'tcha

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"No one would miss some Berkeley kids! yeah YEAH! Fuckin' protestors!!! Fuckin... knockin some fences down! ANIMALS! ANIMALS!"

"Wait! Wait! Don't just punch nazis that's not very supporting of free speech! C'mon man they deserve a platform just like everyone else!!"

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Toadvine posted:

ProvE southerners aren't itching to gun down citizens why don'tcha

i grew up in the south and they think if we "got rid of" certain elements everything would be ok again

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

"No one would miss some Berkeley kids! yeah YEAH! Fuckin' protestors!!! Fuckin... knockin some fences down! ANIMALS! ANIMALS!"

"Wait! Wait! Don't just punch nazis that's not very supporting of free speech! C'mon man they deserve a platform just like everyone else!!"

First, that's a false equivalence, because at Berkeley there were assaults against people with mace, and metal poles. It wasn't peaceful.

Second I could easily invert that to show hypocrisy about decrying violence on one hand and then exalting it on the other

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

lol you hate america

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

First, that's a false equivalence, because at Berkeley there were assaults against people with mace, and metal poles. It wasn't peaceful.

Oh no!! Not mace and metal poles!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

When he said all the troops from the rural south have been itching their entire lives to shoot unarmed protesters?

I was in the Army, he ain't wrong

You've never seen a bigger group of degenerate retards, and that's me being kind

• Locked thread