Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Good mods are like good drugs, you don't need them but they can make whatever fun thing you're doing that much better.

Or you completely bottom out with your mod addiction and wind up conquering the Vampire Counts with my little ponies packing big floppy dongs.

As always, everything in moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Hell, unlike basically every other TW game, Warhams was great at launch and unpatched. I'm not sure CA gets enough credit for that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Also going to chime in and say that the base game is awesome, and mods are just a way to tailor the game to your taste. For example: you can get one that makes each empire faction look slightly different and how they "should" based on the lore (I guess). Sp the main Empire faction is more richly dressed and has nicer armor, poorer provinces less so, and coat of arms for each army are slightly different to reflect their province. Stats are still the same for each unit, but aesthetically it's a nice minor detail. Or maybe you don't like fighting quest battles to get your legendary lords items - there's a mod that just gives them to you when you hit the required level without going down the whole quest line. Stuff like that.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Do mods break cheevos?

Cheevos don't matter and all but

cheevos. . .

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gamerofthegame posted:

Do mods break cheevos?

Cheevos don't matter and all but

cheevos. . .

Nope :getin:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

"When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive Total War: Warhammer with more games to come, and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!"

When do the "more games to come" show up? As TW:W is not $100 worth of games.

E: Found it. "On March 3rd you'll get six more games to keep!"

I've bought a few of these, and you'll mostly get good stuff. Though the value tag they put on it is pretty dubious, you get a ton of value for the price they charge. I was really happy with getting XCOM 2, Steamworld Heist, Ryse, and Okhlos for $12 bux. Overall, Humble seems to be getting better these days after being meh for quite a while.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 17, 2017

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Plan Z posted:

I've bought a few of these, and you'll mostly get good stuff. Though the value tag they put on it is pretty dubious, you get a ton of value for the price they charge. I was really happy with getting XCOM 2, Steamworld Heist, Ryse, and Okhlos for $12 bux. Overall, Humble seems to be getting better these days after being meh for quite a while.

Yeah, in my opinion it's one of the better deals in gaming as long as you are interested in the headliner, and TW:WH alone is well worth the money by itself. Anything else is just gravy. I bought it at slightly under full price and bought all the DLC and it was still my GOTY for 2016 and a game I know I'll constantly be coming back to over the years.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Can't wait for more end time events besides the warriors of Chaos. They were down to their last stack and wiping it out would've ended my legendary Balthasar Gelt campaign. It attacked a garrison and I was able to kill everything except their leader who escaped with 100 hp when the outriders that were chasing him down ran out of ammo. Then as soon as the AI ended their turn I get the event that spawns another wave.

Thought by doing a Gelt campaign I'd find some secret reason why he's not terrible but in melee combat he'll die to a single group of spearmen and searing doom even with -75% cooldown time is mediocre compared to something like Kholek's lightning ability. His starting units are good but Franz' and Volkmar's are better. Maybe if lore of metal was overhauled.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Aww hell yes bros it's time for my brush with youtube fame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Ze0zY1ey0
I'm the blue goblins.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is Green Iz Best compatible with Steel Faith Overhaul?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is Green Iz Best compatible with Steel Faith Overhaul?

I'm guessing no, both of them change unit stats and build times and stuff.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

A lot of mods could use some sort of merging tool, but that would be very hard for them to make. The map mods especially could use it, since the way the game determines what battlemaps happen where is with a colored image overlay.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Welp, and that's another campaign finished.

Daddy Vlad's To-Do List:

[x]Make The Empire Great Again
-[x]Lock Mannfred into the basement
-[x]Kick those other losers out of Sylvania
-[x]Get a powerbase in the South
-[x]Take your throne on Altdorf
-[x]Get the other Electors aboard or run them over
-[x]Enact a travel ban on visitors from the Chaos Wastes
-[x]Build a wall in Kislev, and make the Norse pay for it (Ahh, the joys of raiding their poo poo for a change.)

Didn't want the hassle to go to war with the Dorfs, especially as we were actually kinda chill with each other for the whole campaign. Also, I planned to just lock the hippies into their forest, but Thorgrim decided on his own to gently caress them up anyway.:shrug:

So, guess I'll take a bt of a break until the Brets come out.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Nanomashoes posted:

I'm the blue goblins.

Haha nice, I watched this live last night. Great game

Someone should tell Turin to shave his 'mustache' he's not fooling anyone

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Nanomashoes posted:

I'm the blue goblins.

drat that was sick.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Nanomashoes posted:

I'm the blue goblins.
That was epic. I love gobbo armies. Lol at the giant squig hoard.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah that was loving sweet. What should Greenskins use on Crypt Horrors? Are they still considered too good?

Those catapult crews are true heroes.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah that was loving sweet. What should Greenskins use on Crypt Horrors? Are they still considered too good?

Those catapult crews are true heroes.

Ranged and anti-large, biguns. Crypt horrors are beasts though

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Torn on Crypt Horrors. On one hand, they're a big part of why VC overbalance different factions. On the other hand, you nerf them, the VC can become total pushovers in many ways.

Also I gotta learn from Turin how to talk the fast and stay as intelligible as he does.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Dandywalken posted:

Green iz best is primarily a must-have... It isn't essential

Wait, what?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Had an interesting start to my crooked moon campaign. The ghost dwarf faction got into a massive land war with the wood elves and actually managed to keep the elves bottled up in athel Loren for a good forty turns.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nanomashoes posted:

I'm the blue goblins.

I actually saw that earlier and did a double-take when I saw your name. Good show on carrying Turin to victory.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Did my first serious attempt with the wood elfs sice release and I'm super bad with them. gently caress elves, I hate them so much, just like in tabletop.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Did my first serious attempt with the wood elfs sice release and I'm super bad with them. gently caress elves, I hate them so much, just like in tabletop.

Might I suggest going with Durthu and focusing on tree dudes instead? Tree dudes (other than dryads) are hard as nails.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Had an interesting start to my crooked moon campaign. The ghost dwarf faction got into a massive land war with the wood elves and actually managed to keep the elves bottled up in athel Loren for a good forty turns.

But.... The elves are their only friends :(

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Might I suggest going with Durthu and focusing on tree dudes instead? Tree dudes (other than dryads) are hard as nails.
Wardancers though. I end up with maybe six archer units in my WE army because I just swarm people with Wild Riders and Wardancers.

Upgrade your red tree ASAP to make WE a cakewalk.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've played a handful of Total War games but never really got into any of them as much as I did Rome.

I think that's put me in a weird spot for expectations, because campaigns feel way more trial and error than before. Army movement is so huge compared to vision that I feel like I gotta savescum or else some billion-stack army is gonna jump out of the shadows and gank my town while I'm expanding. Should I just be expanding much much slower than I would in a typical game of Rome?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
The Warhammer part of Sega's stream will be up in about ten minutes:

https://www.twitch.tv/sega

Supposedly they'll be playing quest battles for Isabella and King Louen.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Helion posted:

But.... The elves are their only friends :(

He it helped me plus gently caress both those factions

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It'd be really nice to have a mechanic that lets you manipulate the AI into going to war against each other.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fangz posted:

It'd be really nice to have a mechanic that lets you manipulate the AI into going to war against each other.

An agent action that gives a diplomatic malus towards a specific faction if successful? If you fail you get twice the amount of negative malus towards yourself!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why do vampires need to give these epic speeches to their undead minions? I thought they weren't even sentient. Zombies really getting all psyched up that Ghost is giving some speech?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Panfilo posted:

Why do vampires need to give these epic speeches to their undead minions? I thought they weren't even sentient. Zombies really getting all psyched up that Ghost is giving some speech?

Vanity and delusions, I imagine. The undead minions aren't really hyped in any way from them. Plus it's probably just habitual for them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Panfilo posted:

They went to all the trouble of getting properly dressed up and ready for war, and you expect them NOT to give a speech to a captive audience?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Panfilo posted:

do you honestly think that a Von Carstein gives a speech for any reason beyond enjoying the sound of their own voice

same question applies to Balthasar Gelt and Sigvald the Magnificent

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gejnor posted:

An agent action that gives a diplomatic malus towards a specific faction if successful? If you fail you get twice the amount of negative malus towards yourself!

Zimmerman telegram this country up!

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
https://www.twitch.tv/sega

Bretonnian quest battle. Things they've shown off so far:

Life Damsel
Battle Pilgrims
Foot Squires (greatsword infantry lower quality than the Empire's but still pretty good infantry option)
Knight Errants (Anti-Infantry cheap knights)
Questing Knights
Grail Reliquae
Archers were nerfed
Men-At-Arms with Polearms are just defense vs large now
Knight Errants are anti-large with slightly lower armor

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Wow, a lot of new Brettonia stuff shown.

Battle Pilgrims, Grail Relic (which works similar to a Mortis Engine or Corpse Cart, buffing units around it), Knights Errant, Questing Knights and Foot Squires (basically worse Greatswords),

Knights now get the Lance formation - slower movement and less missile block in return for faster accelleration, higher charge speed and extra charge bonus, and the existing Knights of the Realm and Grail Knights got changed a lot. Grail Knights are now immune to fatigue and have 20% physical resistance unless they start wavering.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Cool brettonian bits from the stream:

Grail Relique is in as a single unit with a powerful aura that grants +16 LD + immune to psychology.

Battle Pilgrims have pretty average-ish T1 infantry stats, but high LD and frenzy, good for holding the line.

Foot Squires with Greatswords added as a cheaper/crappier Greatsword type unit. Good for armor piercing but definitely not on par with other factions heavy infantry.

Peasant Archers are weaker but "have variants" not shown on stream.

Errant Knights are in as super cheap heavy cav.

Knights of the Realm rebalanced, less armor but anti-large.

Questing Knights are your heavy-hitting Armor Piercing unit but obviously not the most durable.

All Brettonian Heavy Cav now has lance formation, less missle defense/speed but massively boosted acceleration and charge bonuses

Grail Knights also rebalanced, they now have Blessing of the Lady (20% resist to Physical Damage) and are immune to fatigue, which is amazing.

The Quest Battle also showed off the new Damsel with Lore of Life

In general none of the knight units have more than 80 armor now, so they remain distinct from the heavily armored but (presumably) less skilled Empire Cavalry.

madmac fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Was thinking of getting a goon tournament going again after the Brettonia update comes out. Will start a seperate thread for it if there's enough interest. The setup/rules would be up for discussion but I had in mind a 1v1 bracket (with a loser bracket) so that there won't be as many matches to grind through as the last few tournaments but with the rules about 25% leadership and 25% core.

• Locked thread