Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alder posted:

Finally we can have the asian AC game we've been waiting for all these yrs.

AC:S is the only game I've completed and I'd be fine if they removed Jacob (Male PC) completely in future series. I tried BF and Unity but I couldn't get over how much I disliked the PCs.

One of the most outright-horrifying things I've ever seen in terms of pure violence is Evie Frye fighting bare-handed in Assassins Creed Syndicate :stare:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One of the most outright-horrifying things I've ever seen in terms of pure violence is Evie Frye fighting bare-handed in Assassins Creed Syndicate :stare:.

The last Fight Club I did, she shattered one guys knee before kicking him in the back of the neck. Anything to make a buck I guess.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The thing keeping me from playing Nioh is the aesthetic, though I'll probably get over it and buy it whenever it goes on sale.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Renting games is cool and good. Last Guardian arrived yesterday and i popped an hour into it, I'll either finish it this weekend or get my fill from it for a net cost of about £1.50

Rent games goons! it means you can play them without too much investment so you don't have to be a dick if its not for you!

For Honor still sucks though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spuzzz posted:

The last Fight Club I did, she shattered one guys knee before kicking him in the back of the neck. Anything to make a buck I guess.

Wait til you see the move where she breaks a man's arm and then twists it round to just keep on breaking it in more places. It's fascinating to witness. It's always the quiet ones... :magical:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ramagamma posted:

Renting games is cool and good. Last Guardian arrived yesterday and i popped an hour into it, I'll either finish it this weekend or get my fill from it for a net cost of about £1.50

Rent games goons! it means you can play them without too much investment so you don't have to be a dick if its not for you!

For Honor still sucks though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
I've played a lot of games worse than For Honor. But it's also not great at being a fighting game or being a casual game due to trying to do both. It's probably worth a rental if you like the theme, and you can play the weird single player campaign and laugh along to the B movie plot.

I only wish some of the big long RPGs besides FFXV would make the rental market so I could try out the combat. I can get a decent idea from videos but I like to try things for myself. Luckily we are starting to see demos make a little bit of a comeback.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Between the VR and the track builder (PS4 got that, right??!) I think I'm gonna grab a Dirt Rally.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Feenix posted:

Between the VR and the track builder (PS4 got that, right??!) I think I'm gonna grab a Dirt Rally.
I haven't heard about either but I would like to know more

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Feenix posted:

the generated tracks thing is from dirt 4 which is out in june or july. that said ive been playing dirt rally vr for the past four hours and its amazing, easily the best psvr game yet imo

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Scarf Ace posted:

the generated tracks thing is from dirt 4 which is out in june or july. that said ive been playing dirt rally vr for the past four hours and its amazing, easily the best psvr game yet imo

Were you into Dirt Rally before VR, or did you get it to try that out? I've been kind of wanting to get Dirt Rally anyway, but am a little put off by how "serious" it seems, like a difficult simulation. I'm not opposed to a harder-than-average driving game, just don't want a full simulation that ends up feeling like work to get any fun out of, if that makes any sense.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

The thing keeping me from playing Nioh is the aesthetic, though I'll probably get over it and buy it whenever it goes on sale.

The aesthetic plays second fiddle to the breakneck speed combat mechanics and game play. Nioh is a really fun game and if you like focused dual style combat you'll have a blast playing it when it goes on sale in a month or two.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Totally forgot about the amazon prime 20% off preorder thing, guess that's where I'm buying horizon from.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I upgraded my Hard drive the other week, I've finally got most of my games downloaded and was double checking my settings to make sure they're the same as before. I notice in the privacy tab there's a hidden games setting. Is that knew or did I just not notice it before? Also how does it work? The description says something about keeping a game out of your feed but does it effect trophies and friends too?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scarf Ace posted:

Oh. Ohhh. Whoops. My bad. Got em mixed up.

More VR impressions please. I liked a lot about what DriveClub was doing but it just looked SO bad.

Is this limited to just a few tracks or something?

Is the game fun even outside of VR? I do like me a racing game.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Shredder posted:

Totally forgot about the amazon prime 20% off preorder thing, guess that's where I'm buying horizon from.

Don't forget you still get that discount within the first two weeks of release, so you don't even have to commit in case you're not sure. Can still get early impressions and have plenty of time to cash that in

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I loved Evie Frye :ghost:

Also it's a shame how much of a flaming dumpster Ubisoft discussions are everywhere and how they won't make another FeMC Assassin for awhile.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
hey video games the mod, what do you feel about the whole PS4 pro/poor fighting? i know i started poo poo about the pro and it fans, but when i posted about how happy i am to get my PS4 all the post about it is making fun of me for not having the money for getting the pro, like i don't like the 2DS but if someone want to get one just for pokemon and pokemon alone i won't yell at them to buy a XL. it seem very toxic imo.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Cyron posted:

hey video games the mod, what do you feel about the whole PS4 pro/poor fighting? i know i started poo poo about the pro and it fans, but when i posted about how happy i am to get my PS4 all the post about it is making fun of me for not having the money for getting the pro, like i don't like the 2DS but if someone want to get one just for pokemon and pokemon alone i won't yell at them to buy a XL. it seem very toxic imo.

i'm not a mod, but I think it's very good that you are getting a video game system no matter which one, because all video games are good, and if you enjoy video games and someone tells you that you don't you might cry a bit, which is not good, unlike video games, which are good, if people agree about their goodnesss, and even if they don't they are still good.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Cyron posted:

Those were 100% jokes. In response to multiple people per page asking if they should get a pro. Hard to tell if you are seriously offended at the PS4oors jokes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think the new thread title answers that

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Bombadilillo posted:

seriously offended at jokes.

goons.txt

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Flumpus posted:

Were you into Dirt Rally before VR, or did you get it to try that out? I've been kind of wanting to get Dirt Rally anyway, but am a little put off by how "serious" it seems, like a difficult simulation. I'm not opposed to a harder-than-average driving game, just don't want a full simulation that ends up feeling like work to get any fun out of, if that makes any sense.

I bought it when it came out and have probably put something like 20 or 30 hours into it? Im not usually one for sims either, but i really enjoyed the previous dirt games so i took the leap. Imo its totally manageable, theres a bunch of assists + basic tutorials for more advanced techniques. If you can manage braking before entering a turn and maybe feathering the throttle every now and then Id say go for it, some courses are way more difficult than others obv (looking at you sweden) but still fun in that dark souls kind of way. For reference I play with controller, no fancy wheel or anything

Feenix posted:

Oh. Ohhh. Whoops. My bad. Got em mixed up.

More VR impressions please. I liked a lot about what DriveClub was doing but it just looked SO bad.

Is this limited to just a few tracks or something?

Is the game fun even outside of VR? I do like me a racing game.

due to the resolution of psvr it doesnt look that hot either tbh, i'd say its more functional than anything. supposedly it looks better with a pro. if you snoop around their twitter (dirtgame) i think theres some footage there

the psvr is supported through the entire game from what i can tell, its a main menu toggle and then you just play the game like before. Ive been doing way better with the psvr too, the tracks are easier to read and being able to turn your head to look into a turn as you slide sideways through it is some drat win

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cyron posted:

lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cyron posted:

Well, like others have said (I've not read the whole thread but where I entered I could see a lot of bad posts) they were intended to be jokes. I hope that is the case, and if they came across really nastily then next time I see that sort of stuff I'll request that it not happen.

I own the PS4 slim, the not the pro one so I am in your boat. Also, if people truly do want to belittle others for not having the cash to splash on a games console then that is pretty sad and lonely. Also harkens back to the old days of the PS3.

At the very least, I am now reading/posting in the thread so it's safe to say that hopefully I'll help with all of you to make it great!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Nostalgia4Infinity what game/upcoming game is your avatar from?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
for me i was debating about getting a switch over the PS4 but the switch event let me down so i was set for ps4, i know the pro is very nice and the FPS boost seem great but i am poor. and yes i did taken offense to jokes about me being poor since i can never take a joke and my comebacks where made for that "that escalated quickly" meme.

but i will play final fantasy 15 first then i will get titanfall 2, i played the first titanfall on my friends xbox and i enjoy the gameplay, and this seem like a stronger game in all aspects.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I own the PS4 slim, the not the pro one so I am in your boat. Also, if people truly do want to belittle others for not having the cash to splash on a games console then that is pretty sad and lonely. Also harkens back to the old days of the PS3.

It's very pretty sad and lonely because it's supersampled from 4k which your pauperstation can't touch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

It's very pretty sad and lonely because it's supersampled from 4k which your pauperstation can't touch.

Just wait till I get my switch in 2 weeks. Then you'll see a sad and lonely pauper!!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dodoman posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity what game/upcoming game is your avatar from?

I don't know I got it from an avatar thread in gibbis :buddy:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

VideoGames posted:

Well, like others have said (I've not read the whole thread but where I entered I could see a lot of bad posts) they were intended to be jokes. I hope that is the case, and if they came across really nastily then next time I see that sort of stuff I'll request that it not happen.

At the very least, I am now reading/posting in the thread so it's safe to say that hopefully I'll help with all of you to make it great!

If you don't have a 4k there was no reason, and very recently is barely a reason to own the pro. Future proof advice is get a pro if you can swing it. After the maybe literal 1000th time it was asked the answer changed to "what do you wanna be a poor, get a pro". Im a launch poor. But now Nioh runs 1080p locked 60 fps on pro and its the first time I looked longingly at it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

If you don't have a 4k there was no reason, and very recently is barely a reason to own the pro. Future proof advice is get a pro if you can swing it. After the maybe literal 1000th time it was asked the answer changed to "what do you wanna be a poor, get a pro". Im a launch poor. But now Nioh runs 1080p locked 60 fps on pro and its the first time I looked longingly at it.

My slim was a gift from Lady Videogames which is awesome and also the reason I am able to recklessly buy a Switch.

She did ask which one I wanted and it was because I don't have 4K that I said the slim would be fine. Also saved her £100! It's great that there are choices for people and both consoles are ace. I think we all agree that video gaming is great fun.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Bought Final Fantasy X remaster for VITA. Immediately get stuck because it asks if i want the standard or expert sphere grid :\

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

strategery posted:

Bought Final Fantasy X remaster for VITA. Immediately get stuck because it asks if i want the standard or expert sphere grid :\

Standard unless you've played before and know what you're doing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Scarf Ace posted:

I bought it when it came out and have probably put something like 20 or 30 hours into it? Im not usually one for sims either, but i really enjoyed the previous dirt games so i took the leap. Imo its totally manageable, theres a bunch of assists + basic tutorials for more advanced techniques. If you can manage braking before entering a turn and maybe feathering the throttle every now and then Id say go for it, some courses are way more difficult than others obv (looking at you sweden) but still fun in that dark souls kind of way. For reference I play with controller, no fancy wheel or anything

due to the resolution of psvr it doesnt look that hot either tbh, i'd say its more functional than anything. supposedly it looks better with a pro. if you snoop around their twitter (dirtgame) i think theres some footage there

the psvr is supported through the entire game from what i can tell, its a main menu toggle and then you just play the game like before. Ive been doing way better with the psvr too, the tracks are easier to read and being able to turn your head to look into a turn as you slide sideways through it is some drat win

I am in my headxet, playing Dirt Rally for the first time. (I got the VR bundle) and I cannot seem to find where to turn it to VR. Im just looking at virtual screen.

[edit] Ah fooled me I guess. Apparently it's one of those playable-while-you download games. Maybe that'll do it.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 17, 2017

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cyron posted:

The PS4 Pro is still a marginal upgrade even with Boost Mode, and unless you have a 4k display or a PSVR you will probably barely notice it. The deals on the other versions are so much better that you'd have to be insane to hold off getting into PS4 just because you can't swing the Pro right now. Worse yet, because it's a new revision the Pro has some defects, the first one I got from Gamestop had to be returned because it would shut off the instant I tried to launch certain games. In my experience it's almost always a better idea to wait a while on a new hardware revision until they work the defects out of the manufacturing. That's why I got a fat 360 to replace my old one when it died even though the Slims were out, and that sucker is still ticking.

If I was gonna belittle people for anything it would be not upgrading the hard disk, but that's going to be irrelevant really soon with that firmware update to use external drives as live storage. Plus you really do need to have another extra drive to hold backup data to pull that upgrade off comfortably. I would be fine sticking with my old PS4 if it wasn't just getting a little old and shaky and Gamestop had an extra trade value deal.

If you want the real answer, Digital Foundry found the Boost Mode doesn't fix the Bloodborne problems so what else is there to say :v:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Feenix posted:

I am in my headxet, playing Dirt Rally for the first time. (I got the VR bundle) and I cannot seem to find where to turn it to VR. Im just looking at virtual screen.
I'm not sure where the setting is, but the videos I am seeing show it as you just see the flat virtual screen up until the race actually starts, then it switches over.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Probably my biggest issue with the Pro is it gives lazy rear end developers the excuse to make their games even shittier on the PS4 amateur.

Like I booted up Rise of Tomb Raider on my PS4 OG last night and it looks AMAZING. Way way better than a lot of games I've played.

Same for DOOM, Uncharted 4 etc.

Uc4 and ROTR both got amazing PRO patches from what I've heard because the developers are actually competent.

Then you have total garbage like Fallout 4 running at sub-10 FPS, 720p on the standard. Like it's madness.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

People say this but games like fallout was gonna be poo poo anyway. There was no consideration for any kind of pro edition when the game came out.

And tomb Raider runs nice on a normal PS4 as well.

The pro is just picking up the slack but even if the Pro and Scorpio never existed, devs will continue to perform less than optimal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know but it just gives them more leeway to slack off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fallout 4 came out a whole year before the Pro.