Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Miracle Whip is such a dramatic improvement over that disgusting goop, they don't even deserve to be compared. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Holy poo poo how is PCOS bill posting as ACES CURE PLANES

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hey now, if you cook red meat higher than medium rare at the absolute top end, you deserve a minimum jail time. :colbert:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

RareAcumen posted:

Beats the hell out of the crazy poo poo he's been doing the last 4 months.

Also, holy poo poo Elvis was an alien!

That would make an excellent snack / light lunch for a day of hiking.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Miracle Whip is such a dramatic improvement over that disgusting goop, they don't even deserve to be compared. :colbert:

Like, I don't like either for the most part, but miracle whip is terrible. It was even deliberately designed to be a cheaper, shittier knockoff of mayonnaise.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Pastry of the Year posted:

A Fistful of Dolor

Come on man, knuckle sandwich was right there

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CommonShore posted:

jesus christ that's Miracle Whip isn't it. Those monsters probably buttered the bread before putting their awful gross sweet imitation mayonnaise on it - a gross imitation of something which isn't that good in the first place. That's possibly the saddest plate. By that I mean that the paper beneath that cold, slimy toupee ham, the miracle whip, and the awful gummy bread is embarrassed and for being a part of it. That plate is going to go into the shower afterwards and try to scrub the shame away, but it won't come off - the shame won't come off .

SO. My question is why not just fold the one slice instead of doing that weird thing instead?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Like, I don't like either for the most part, but miracle whip is terrible. It was even deliberately designed to be a cheaper, shittier knockoff of mayonnaise.

I can understand not liking either, but for me, the taste of mayo is just so off to me. Miracle whip and bologna sandwiches are my nostalgic meal of choice from childhood poverty.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
I mean...I probably still would eat this but with my eyes closed?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Every time I see a recipe for "no bake cheesecake" I want to choke the author. Make cheesecake correctly, not this whole "refrigerate for 2 hours, and WALLA!" Lazy bastards.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I love my friends dearly. But my dear, your husband is not a cook, and that is not guacamole, it is what looks a very runny mixture of lima beans and maybe cubed fake lobster. Whatever it is, it looks loving disgusting but is apparently " THE BEST THING EVAR!". Sigh.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Teagan posted:

I love my friends dearly. But my dear, your husband is not a cook, and that is not guacamole, it is what looks a very runny mixture of lima beans and maybe cubed fake lobster. Whatever it is, it looks loving disgusting but is apparently " THE BEST THING EVAR!". Sigh.

*looking at one of the most ubiquitous vegetables on earth* hmm this could be uh.. *squints harder* uh..... cubed fake lobster.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

*looking at one of the most ubiquitous vegetables on earth* hmm this could be uh.. *squints harder* uh..... cubed fake lobster.

it's not that it isn't obvious, it just looks as gross as fake lobster, like how could he make tomato look that gross.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Mashed pastry.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Are oreos popular in other parts of the world? I ask because other parts of the world (especially Europe) hates the hell out of the Hershey's taste, so I'm really wondering if Americans just have a weird/wrong palate for chocolate.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GrandpaPants posted:

Are oreos popular in other parts of the world? I ask because other parts of the world (especially Europe) hates the hell out of the Hershey's taste, so I'm really wondering if Americans just have a weird/wrong palate for chocolate.

Oreos are sold here (Czech Republic), there was no weird taste I remember from the one packet I bought, they were however too sweet and bland compared to competing cookie sandwiches.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

GrandpaPants posted:

I haven't seen them in Germany. I'm sure you could probably find them somewhere, maybe at airports or in bigger cities. We do have poptarts and a couple things like that in the international weird stuff aisle along with the salsa and taco kits and such.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oreos are definitely a regular staple in a lot of German stores by now. Shops that have them tend to just put them in the regular snacks/sweets section. They're a familiar enough name that companies can market derivatives like chocolate with Oreo chunks in it.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

They're pretty common here in the UK. They're sold along with regular biscuits now where a few years ago you generally had to get them from specific American shops or displays. They don't taste anything like Hershey's chocolate, just regular very sweet chocolate flavoured biscuits.

I received some Hershey kisses as a gift from an American friend and when I handed them out to a bunch of British people they all said it had an aftertaste of vomit and I agreed. Why people think that's a good thing I have no idea. :v:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Because they don't know no better.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

Oreos are definitely a regular staple in a lot of German stores by now. Shops that have them tend to just put them in the regular snacks/sweets section. They're a familiar enough name that companies can market derivatives like chocolate with Oreo chunks in it.

I must have just not noticed them since I wasn't really seeking them out. I've been through the cookie aisle at the big Rewe which is the only store around here that has a substantial foreign section and definitely haven't seen the standard pack of oreos.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

CommonShore posted:

that cold, slimy toupee ham
At a store I used to work at, we called it "benzene ham" because it looks like a science project and smells like chemical waste.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Vitamins posted:

They're pretty common here in the UK. They're sold along with regular biscuits now where a few years ago you generally had to get them from specific American shops or displays. They don't taste anything like Hershey's chocolate, just regular very sweet chocolate flavoured biscuits.

I received some Hershey kisses as a gift from an American friend and when I handed them out to a bunch of British people they all said it had an aftertaste of vomit and I agreed. Why people think that's a good thing I have no idea. :v:
A little acidic piquancy helps you shove down more of that fatty milk chocolate before the fat satiation part of your brain kicks in. Its like fancy continental style milk chocolate is the perfect balance of bitter and fatty that you get satiated by a single nub, where you can house a Hershey's bar and end up looking for more. For the cost I'll take my dark chocolate continental style and my milk chocolate american style.

Acid paired with dairy is either the best thing ever. Or, probably more likely if you've ever drank chunky milk that went off, the worst thing ever. Its not quite the home run that is squeezing citrus over fatty fish for example, although its a similar idea to adding acid to dairy like chocolate.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GrandpaPants posted:

It's mostly because Americans eat too much junk food. As kid kid, I had Oreos on occasion, but went without them throughout most of high school and a couple of years after. When I was offered some on a whim, after not having eaten them for a few years, I could not believe it: They tasted fake as hell, and I could not bring myself to like them.

Also yeah, Oreos don't taste anything like Hershey's Chocolate at all.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

GrandpaPants posted:

There's a lot of chocolate in America that doesn't taste like Hershey's and is still popular. Dove, Lindt, Ghirardelli, etc etc.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Vitamins posted:

It's the butyric acid, which is added to get a consistent taste regardless of the freshness of the milk.

The cookie part of Oreos is made with regular cocoa powder, not with pre made chocolate, and doesn't have butyric acid in it.

A lot of people in the US don't like Hershey's, either. Nestle Crunch was my cheap chocolate bar of choice when I was a kid.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oreos are everywhere in China and like other American imports they go gaga for like Chips Ahoy they somehow found a way to distill a worse flavor than the American one.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

No pizza rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wusGIl3v044

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Well I agree that confusing tomatoes with lobster is just plain sad, putting tomatoes in guacamole is a terrible idea and ruins it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

oh how i wish pictures could be thread subtitles

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

blunt for century posted:

oh how i wish pictures could be thread subtitles

If a friend of mine gave me that cake for my 24th birthday i probably would have teared up a little from how adorable that is

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is exactly how I felt turning 24. :smith:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Holy poo poo how is PCOS bill posting as ACES CURE PLANES

I can't say that I've ever had Miracle Whip in my life

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This will be me in half a year. :(

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PBJ&B is fantastic. I haven't had the CO one, but I have made it at home. It's legit good, particularly with chips and pickle to have with it.
That weird cereal/PB/Banana burrito looks excellent. When I worked out a lot, my favorite postworkout snack was a tortilla with PB, yogurt, and cereal in a ghetto burrito.

No pics because it was back in December, but putting a decent breakfast sausage onto a blueberry muffin with cream cheese is great.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GrandpaPants posted:

Oreos are big here in Taiwan and have many different flavors.

That oreo cake looks like the homemade thing you can buy at Burger King.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

They should really add an additional warning to alcohol containers to never start cooking something in the oven when you're drunk and then go lie down.