Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Josh is cool also Pre-Rec is super good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

Pre Rec is very good.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Guys stop no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

Hell... No!

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

King Vidiot posted:

I don't think it's the webcam, I think it's that Max Landis is too dumb to provide proper lighting when trying to make rant videos at 4 in the morning.

Counter argument - it only goes up to 480. I think it's a bad webcam combined with terrible lighting. I think he might be trying to replicate Breen's shooting style, I.E. incompetence.

e - huh I guess they did mention Kevin Smith a few times in entirely valid points and he has them blocked on twitter or something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_qTvY9uKDE

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 17, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Justin Credible posted:

Counter argument - it only goes up to 480. I think it's a bad webcam combined with terrible lighting. I think he might be trying to replicate Breen's shooting style, I.E. incompetence.

e - huh I guess they did mention Kevin Smith a few times in entirely valid points and he has them blocked on twitter or something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_qTvY9uKDE

Makes sense. Kevin Smith has notoriously thin skin and cannot take any amount of criticism.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I can't believe Max Landis didn't properly light a 4 minute Webcam video where he talks about tweets, what a hack.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

DeathSandwich posted:

Makes sense. Kevin Smith has notoriously thin skin and cannot take any amount of criticism.

Why does he dress like that then. Why

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

priznat posted:

Why does he dress like that then. Why

Sometimes fat gross people think draping them selves in XXXXXL clothing hides their body shame and they have such huge chips on their shoulder about it they end up telling them selves by dressing like an idiot they're rejecting the whole idea of "fashion" because they're above it all.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spoiler: Double Down shares a plot point with John Wick: Chapter 2.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Baronjutter posted:

Sometimes fat gross people think draping them selves in XXXXXL clothing hides their body shame and they have such huge chips on their shoulder about it they end up telling them selves by dressing like an idiot they're rejecting the whole idea of "fashion" because they're above it all.

Meanwhile James Gandolfini looked like a million bucks despite being the size of a refrigerator by just buying tailored clothes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Spoiler: Double Down shares a plot point with John Wick: Chapter 2.

Do we get to see Keanue Reeves' ballsack?

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Meanwhile James Gandolfini looked like a million bucks despite being the size of a refrigerator by just buying tailored clothes.

No poo poo?

For anyone who isn't a fat dude: There's a razor thin line when you're a big guy between clothes fitting and having passersby howling with laughter/disgust because your shirt is clinging a little too much that day. Would you rather see Josh in oversized clothes, or occasionally getting a dose of:

Personally, I tend to go the oversized route anytime I'm not hanging out with gay dudes who can properly appreciate the curves. Wink.

a bone to pick posted:

Do we get to see Keanu Reeves' ballsack?

No that's the Matrix.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hell Yeah posted:

The latest Pre-Rec stream had Josh on it, and they all played WWE 2k16 and had a ton of fun and it was hilarious. It's almost like people having a good time is good.

Buschmaki posted:

I can't believe Max Landis didn't properly light a 4 minute Webcam video where he talks about tweets, what a hack.

It's like if Rich Evans lit a webcam video.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i agree ppl should watch every episode of pre-rec esp the QWOP and octodad streams. but the other ones as well

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also while josh is less sexy than the other rlm cast members he is integral to many of the botw discussions and i feel people should respect him.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hemingway To Go! posted:

they should do a live action Sailor Moon
that would have girls in it and be tied something people have nostalgia for IT CAN'T LOSE

it also has space in it, it could compete with Star Wars

They did make a live action Sailor Moon, like ten years ago. Apparently it wasn't very good.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

There are 2 things to watch Pre-Rec for:

1. Jay or Small Canadian visits.
2. Rich losing his poo poo on the chat constantly.
- The other day, with venom, he called someone it chat a moron for saying that the timer in Dead Rising 1 disincentivized exploration.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well yeah but Rich loses his poo poo every stream, so just watch every stream.

Unless it's a Rich solo stream or one where they're playing loving FTL or XCom because those games suck and are boring.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I made the mistake of trying to watch a pre-rec stream when sleepy and nodded off only to be awoken by strident rich-laughter. He'd be an effective alarm tone that is for sure.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

You do understand nobody likes white dudes for a good reason right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Veskit posted:

lol what? Everybody likes white dudes. White dudes are super popular.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol what? Everybody likes white dudes. White dudes are super popular.

You totally sound like a white dude.

No white dudes like other white dudes which goes pretty loving far so it only seems like everyone likes white dudes.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Veskit posted:

Don't you meditate for stuff like this?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Veskit posted:

You totally sound like a white dude.

No white dudes like other white dudes which goes pretty loving far so it only seems like everyone likes white dudes.

Are you confusing a twitter meme for reality?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

HIJK posted:

Don't you meditate for stuff like this?

Meditation allows me to know the difference between a cognitive distortion and a joke.

But whooo knoowwwwsss which one this iisssssssSSsssSSs.

Also I wish more HITB would come out because there is a ton of horror/suspense films coming out and I'm really curious what holds up

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I wonder if any of them are movies about monsters hiding in walls and if Mike will finally have an aneurysm after watching them

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

Indolent Bastard posted:

I guess I do a bit. But only enough to waste time here rambling about it, never enough to tweet or worse leave youtube comments.

Luckily there will never not a be an unending stream of white action man saves the day movies. Hooray for the patriarchy!

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
Finally saw la la land, loved it.

Jay's comment about stone and gosling having no chemistry has severely impacted his rankings...below Jack.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Emma Stone is appropriately named.

naem
May 29, 2011

guys please use this in your wonder woman review thnks

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wish RLM would start reviewing movies again, they've driven me to watching angry Joe movie reviews :(

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

I wish RLM would start reviewing movies again, they've driven me to watching angry Joe movie reviews :(

You poor bastard.
I wish Angry Joe would do loving game reivews.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ScrubLeague posted:

How does it feel to be so owned

Called into work today to tell them I wouldn't be in for a while because I had to stay at home and have a big think about my life.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LanceHunter posted:

Superheroes have dominated the medium of comic books for 3/4 of a century. Like, there used to be lots of soap opera comics and western comics and all that, but superheroes eventually overtook them all. This could very possibly end up happening to movies too.

Ugh, i hope not.

Anyway I havent seen John WIck 2 or even the first John Wick. That said, i dont necessarily think every movie should have 50/50 male/female representation. I think its okay if a movie is almost all men, so long as it works for the movie artistically. If its all-men because they didnt bother to write any women characters and the few women in the movie are treated like garbage, that sucks. But if a movie happens to have all men and is still brilliant, and it works thematically, i will still love it. John Carpenter's The Thing is one of my favorite movies and there isnt a single female charracter. Is that bad? I dont think it is, but some people may disagree. I think the movie works good because they're all men, it helps with the theme of paranoia and how the Thing can be any one of them. If there was a woman, maybe that might not work as well? But then again, maybe it would, I dont know because that alternate movie doesnt exist. But as it is, The Thing is fantastic and its a sausage fest.

Of course i am a trans woman so take my opinoon with a grain of salt.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Consuming media exclusively through the lens of "How can I be offended by this?" sounds like a miserable existence.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Guy Goodbody posted:

They did make a live action Sailor Moon, like ten years ago. Apparently it wasn't very good.

Actually it was loving great since they used a stuffed animal for her animal companion instead of a CG thingamabob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLqQsUdCfHk

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

Go watch his Suicide Squad review. That'll cure ya.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
How is that Riverdale show scoring with people? After Jem came and went, I was thinking if there was a different way to have approached Jem and almost wonder if Hasbro/whoever is sort of wishing they'd pushed Jem as a live-action TV melodrama with songs.

Here's a thought: Glee's off the air, Empire seems like it's doing great. Just get the rights to do 70s/80s songs, rerecord them and treat them like they're completely original works in the Jemiverse with the characters singing them and build the whole thing build a big multiseason story of love, greed and betrayal. It could probably run on the CW for the next 7 years given how everything with a young cast runs forever on the CW.

edit: I know most/all of the original Jem's songs were likely original works for the show unlike how the Chipmunks just sang covers for their cartoon, but that means extra work for the showrunners to keep producing memorable and popular songs for the show if it might be long running. However, if they just would get the rights to do very stylistically different covers to various old pop songs it'd probably give them a chance to show something like how 'in-universe' the writers are always just churning out pure gold or something, have instantly recognizable songs to sell, etc.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 18, 2017

• Locked thread