Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alain Post posted:

I think Waltman was just born too early, I can see an alternate universe where he was born ten years later and became one of the early indie stars, like Danielson.

As it was, getting a ton of buzz for working matches against a young Jerry Lynn in the midwest indies is how he got his WWE job. The first time around, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

NowonSA posted:

This is amazing, if I ever decide for some crazy reason to get banned from the forum I'm going to try to have an even shorter meltdown about something, like 3 posts max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8aoHCCW35A

some variation on this would be the best ban ask

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am looking for l'epique lols y'all are chirping about and I ain't seeing them.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I am looking for l'epique lols y'all are chirping about and I ain't seeing them.

NICE MELTDOWN!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

NICE MELTDOWN!

:allears:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Are they going to turn AJ since he's practically a face anyway or stick with Dean Ambrose as the top Smackdown face once Cena leaves?

Trick question, both are getting drafted to RAW.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Good cycle people through Smackdown so we can remember what it was like when they were not bad.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

Good cycle people through Smackdown so we can remember what it was like when they were not bad.

This but trade Dean and AJ for Reigns

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
George The Animal Steele seemed like a nice dude, i hope he wasnt an rear end in a top hat.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The HHH/taker matches were good, actually

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DoctorGonzo posted:

George The Animal Steele seemed like a nice dude, i hope he wasnt an rear end in a top hat.

He burned down a puppy orphanage and killed that one Pope.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He burned down a puppy orphanage and killed that one Pope.

But he voted Trump or not?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

rumor has it george steele voted for trump, if so, i am glad he is dead and he deserved to die. if not, he seemed like a kind, humble, and good person who genuinely cared about people and making them happy.

i mean... real talk here ... if he voted for trump, that doesn't make him a hitler -- but at least an ernst udet.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HHH and Cena are both really good and influential figures in the wrestling business and while HHH almost certainly overvalues himself that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a lot of his positive reputation.

The way some of y'all are talking, HHH is Jeff Jarrett, which is just completely disingenuous. Jarrett WISHES he was HHH. On any level.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

for real though, RIP George Steele. He was one of the good ones. :(

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

HHH and Cena are both really good and influential figures in the wrestling business and while HHH almost certainly overvalues himself that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a lot of his positive reputation.

The way some of y'all are talking, HHH is Jeff Jarrett, which is just completely disingenuous. Jarrett WISHES he was HHH. On any level.

Jarrett at least is a carny businessman, HHH has his wife money to be a make pretend booker.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

All of HHH's faux-dramatic shirts piled together cannot match the majesty and beauty of LISTEN UP SLAP NUTS

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Slapnuts Jarrett was more over than Harley Race-Ric Flair HHH.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How would you guys not be down for a new Evolution with HHH, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, and Finn Balor?

That'd be SAS's wet dream a few years ago.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

NXT founder and head booker Triple H could probably show ol JJ a thing or two about running a successful competitor to WWE though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HHH invented independent wrestling.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You don't have to invent something to be the best at it. Imagine if HHH was the booker in the attitude era. It would be like a Takeover every week.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The consensus here is that nxt tv sucks and i watched the last takeover and was bored out of my mind. Asuka still is the best.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

HHH is Jarrett with a bigger stage and brighter lights.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was cute when HHH was cosplaying as Harley Race and Flair horsemen era.

Also im reading that Nicole Bass actually is still alive but they are disconecting her today. Awful way to go, rest in peace.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alain Post posted:

HHH is Jarrett with a bigger stage and brighter lights.

JJ was always a good midcard/upper midcard heel

so that means HHH was a good upper midcard/main event heel

which jives about right

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also Jeff Jarrett brutally owned a young Steve Austin with words and is therefore superior to all wwe talent.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Jeff jarrett never beat his wife (as far as i know)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hhh is the reason I stopped watching wwe in like 2002 until like 2012. He sucks and when I see him i stop watching until he's gone.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hhh is cool i like him

john cena is cool i like him

hhh and his stable of fat dudes would be awesome and idk what to tell your incorrect brain if you dont want to see finn balor in an armani suit flanked by KO and samoga joe in suits

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Christ some of you guys have an overblown hate-on for HHH. From like late '99 to first quad tear HHH had a very real case for being one of the best workers in the world. His injuries limited him afterwards but he's still put on great matches since. Cena's better but that's not much of a knock.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MotU posted:

hhh and his stable of fat dudes would be awesome and idk what to tell your incorrect brain if you dont want to see finn balor in an armani suit flanked by KO and samoga joe in suits

hhh and his stable of fat dudes

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MotU posted:

finn balor in an armani suit flanked by KO and samoga joe in fat dude tracksuits

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
hhh will reform evolution as his stable of fat dudes and then the shield will reform to stop them because they already beat evolution before who can stop then then finn, ko and samoga joe will beat the hell out of the htree of those chumps and be cool friends forever and do fat guy things also finn balor isnt fat but he will be like fat-in-spirit

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Christ some of you guys have an overblown hate-on for HHH.

Yes, next question.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

oh man yeah this is good too but fat dudes in suits is always pretty dang sweet as well its a hard toss up

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
make hhh dress up like somethying from a souls game for his WM entrance and have finn and joe dress up as smough and ornstein

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait, what if HHH doesnt do anything and stays off the spotlight this time and let the fat guys stand out by themselves?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
nah hhh is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mark Henry already acheived the all time high water mark for fat dudes in suits in wrestling with his retirement promo a few years back.

• Locked thread