Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone offered a tempered glass protector that won't take a month to get here via amazon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cojawfee posted:

Oh great, now filthy casuals are going to ruin video games. This is steam all over again.

What did happen to Steam? I was a proper poopsocking Steam-loving PC Gamer my entire life until a few years ago, when I migrated to a laptop and basically abandoned my gaming PC. Came back a few months ago for Overwatch, and Steam seems... kinda lovely now? Bad sales, tons of shovelware and "early access" titles.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
It turns out people are willing to buy unfinished products with unfinished features without many details released on how they will function when they're eventually added

But enough about the switch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Everyone bought the old games they wanted so Steam Sales have nothing to offer now except 20% off of last year's games. Aside from that they just have too much poo poo to ever filter through because everyone wants to make money.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

enojy posted:

What did happen to Steam? I was a proper poopsocking Steam-loving PC Gamer my entire life until a few years ago, when I migrated to a laptop and basically abandoned my gaming PC. Came back a few months ago for Overwatch, and Steam seems... kinda lovely now? Bad sales, tons of shovelware and "early access" titles.

Valve discovered they could make a ton of money with minimal effort and outsourcing actual important stuff to their consumer base.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jesus loving christ. The games come with intros on how to play them. Shut the gently caress up so I can hear and stop giving the other guy your half assed explanation.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I love that steam has this huge tagging system but no way to filter out tags so you still have to shovel your way through everything tagged "indie" "anime" "female protagonist" "nudity" and all the other weeaboo jerk-off buzzwords to get to games that you would actually want.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

I love that steam has this huge tagging system but no way to filter out tags so you still have to shovel your way through everything tagged "indie" "anime" "female protagonist" "nudity" and all the other weeaboo jerk-off buzzwords to get to games that you would actually want.

You can filter out by tags

I recommend just removing anime

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

koolkal posted:

I recommend just searching anime

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

koolkal posted:

For the life of my I can't figure out how to do it. If they wanted me to buy things there would be a giant flashing button that says "FILTER OUT poo poo"

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Go to your account name at the top and click preferences

Or in the top right of any of the games on the main page, a small button will pop up with preferences on it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

For the life of my I can't figure out how to do it. If they wanted me to buy things there would be a giant flashing button that says "FILTER OUT poo poo"

Then it'd be empty

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Ryan Davis died in July 2013.

Here lies Ryan Davis. He never got to play the Nintendo Switch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

koolkal posted:

Why would you remove the only good games on Steam?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I hope someone makes a Virtual Boy housing for the VR thing they're apparently gonna do.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Erata posted:

I hope someone makes a Virtual Boy housing for the VR thing they're apparently gonna do.

they aren't gonna do it or if they do it will be japan only and get 3 games.

this is like rule 1 for peripheral hardware from nintendo

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:vince:

Transparent purple Joycons or bust

I hope this happens. Especially if they do release a left joycon with a legit d-pad, I would drop the $80 on a set.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Folks I think I'm feeling joy and happiness again these are strange feelings I don't know how to handle them.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

LethalGeek posted:

Folks I think I'm feeling joy and happiness again these are strange feelings I don't know how to handle them.

Shaking a champagne bottle or milking an utter usually helps relieve those types of things...

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

my favorite one is metroidvania

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Chicago switch event quick impressions.

This thing is built real solid. Joycons, switch tablet, excellent pro controller; all of it real great quality. Joycons sans anything fav way to play Zelda.
Snipperclips is brilliant and a must buy.
Same goes for ARMS.
I went to play ARMS with reservations, and knowing now there is more everything coming and how smart and tactical it is moved it up to a must buy.

One loser, bummerman is real loving shoddy. It has poo poo shadows, weirdly stilted animations and a layer of lazy all over it. 1 2 Switch isn't worth more than ten buck but you can see the effort put into it v Bomberman and it's night and day.

Shame on Konami.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

well why not posted:

Spice Orange was pretty wild :

thanks, it's beautiful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Junkie Disease posted:

Chicago switch event quick impressions.

This thing is built real solid. Joycons, switch tablet, excellent pro controller; all of it real great quality. Joycons sans anything fav way to play Zelda.
Snipperclips is brilliant and a must buy.
Same goes for ARMS.
I went to play ARMS with reservations, and knowing now there is more everything coming and how smart and tactical it is moved it up to a must buy.

One loser, bummerman is real loving shoddy. It has poo poo shadows, weirdly stilted animations and a layer of lazy all over it. 1 2 Switch isn't worth more than ten buck but you can see the effort put into it v Bomberman and it's night and day.

Shame on Konami.

How solid?

If you had to kill someone with a Switch, how many blows?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

How solid?

If you had to kill someone with a Switch, how many blows?

1 2 bitchslap

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I think switch could kill and still work

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Still need bomberman for online play

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
So disappointed to hear that about Bomberman :smith:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Macintosh HD posted:

So disappointed to hear that about Bomberman :smith:

It will still be good fun online.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anidav posted:

It will still be good fun online.

Not for $50.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Uh excuse me. Physical bomberman games have gone full price for much less features .

Also Pocket Bomberman > Bomberman 64.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

But don't worry, I'm sure it will make the first cut of Nintendo Switch Selects and be discounted to $40.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Boxart alone is worth 20 dollars

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cartoon Man posted:

Not for $50.

Nothing is worth the price anyone charges.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

New Nintendo Minute is new Snippyclippers footage. If this doesn't make you grin like a chimp then kindly cancel your preorder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is this the big boob schoolgirl Bomberman or is that one coming later?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

One can only hope

Wendell
May 11, 2003

enojy posted:

New Nintendo Minute is new Snippyclippers footage. If this doesn't make you grin like a chimp then kindly cancel your preorder.

These two are good hosts with good chemistry! That Giant Bomb 1, 2 Switch thing suffered from everyone being awkward and unenthusiastic.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Happy page 9/11 everybody

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I am going to buy the Snipperclips game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I will pay $90 for bomberman. I daresay not one of you is nintendo fan enough to pay more than me. prove your mettle

• Locked thread