Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Beet Wagon posted:

Can we get a "separate taps" utility slot for our ships in the next Stellaris update please and thanks

Too busy adding in the ability to genemod species to taste better and then nerve stapling them so they don't mind being eaten.

I'll put it in the backlog right after the space toilets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DapperDon posted:

This is also coming from a guy that spent his formidable years making copypasta Lego games. So there's that.

I hope he had the pleasure of stepping on a Lego piece in the middle of the night while trying to do something simple like taking a wizz.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Wiz posted:

Too busy adding in the ability to genemod species to taste better and then nerve stapling them so they don't mind being eaten.

Getting universally wardecced in because you started stapling your entire population was the best part of Alpha Centauri.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Wiz posted:

I crunched for all of 4 weeks last year, and that was way more than normal because I was working on two different projects that both had upcoming releases (Stellaris and HOI4). I don't think I crunched a single week in 2015. When we did crunch, HR provided everyone with free dinner so we could just focus on hitting our goals. As a precision tool, crunch is useful when you need to push the bug count down or meet a specific target date, but as a blunt instrument it's stupid, cruel and wasteful.

Last IT company I worked at Cruch was generally the week of deployment. It was all hands on deck usually in case something went wrong. But we were working on financial software that had to work so things were generally in lock down and tested in simulated environments or limited production for months before being pushed to full production.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wiz posted:

Thank you for making the Stimpire real commando.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Beet Wagon posted:

Thank you for making the Stimpire real commando.

Anything for the thread commando :patriot:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Wrecked Angle posted:

Old code...

MAX_PLAYES_PER_INSTANCE = 24

New code

MAX_PLAYES_PER_INSTANCE = 100000+

This thinking is still too small.

Old code...

3.0 code

4.0 code

MAX_PLAYES_PER_INSTANCE = 8000000000

That should cover everyone.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

To be honest, claiming your instance can handle 100,000 players seems like a smart move to me. It is a *very* impressive number, and there are only dozens of people in the world who want to actually play this shitheap, so it seems like an argument that will never get tested.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
There's going to be like 4000 people playing tops anyway so who gives a poo poo

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/832702099523710978

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

IncredibleIgloo posted:

To be honest, claiming your instance can handle 100,000 players seems like a smart move to me. It is a *very* impressive number, and there are only dozens of people in the world who want to actually play this shitheap, so it seems like an argument that will never get tested.

Agreed.

MAX_IDIOTS=1000000

MAX_GOONS=200

MAX_WARLORDS=1

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

I hope he had the pleasure of stepping on a Lego piece in the middle of the night while trying to do something simple like taking a wizz.

Sleeping in Crocs avoids that issue

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So two months into the year and they've yet to announce anything significant and they are at an even slower pace than usual.

:tif:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Wiz posted:

"Nerve stapling" is the greatest term in science fiction.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Don't worry I'm sure the most open development in history has huge amounts of revolutionary progress no one has seen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wiz posted:

Good games get toilets in before gameplay :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Now that's just depressing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So two months into the year and they've yet to announce anything significant and they are at an even slower pace than usual.

:tif:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe the cycle is Holiday -> Game Development -> Rework -> Panic -> Gamescom Demo -> Rework -> Panic -> lovely Presentation -> Sale -> CitCon Demo -> Rework -> Panic -> lovely Presentation -> Sale -> Panic -> Rushed Release - > Holiday

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is there even a fuel mechanic in the game? Like forget refueling, do the ships even have a fuel gauge that moves?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"Nerve stapling" is the greatest term in science fiction.

Where did it come from anyway? Alpha Centauri?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Is there even a fuel mechanic in the game? Like forget refueling, do the ships even have a fuel gauge that moves?

Buy a Starfairer!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I like how even their money grubbing doesn't have the basics right.

Putting that comma there makes it sound like the starfarer is both stranded alone in the cosmos and has what you need to get going again. Which makes no sense.

Make the comma a question mark and it makes sense.

"Stranded alone in the Cosmos? The Starfarer has what you need to keep going"

this is fine, I'm going to buy one for like $300 now because they can't even produce a sentence correctly.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Last time I played last summer Quantum jumps required fuel, but not flying in normal space other than afterburner. Which afterburner fuel replenished over time.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC

spectrum is ~live~

no announcement lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Oh hell yes

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

they're going to do version numbers with their forums as well? We promise image attachments for alpha 0.6!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's so... blue

Off to a creepy and predictable start ON THE SPECTRUM

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 18, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Uh this thing is a hive of poo poo

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Fronts posted:

This thinking is still too small.

Old code...

3.0 code

4.0 code

MAX_PLAYES_PER_INSTANCE = 8000000000

That should cover everyone.

You amateur, this is why I get paid the big bucks:

NO_MAX_PLAYER_LIMIT = true;

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Viscous Soda posted:

Where did it come from anyway? Alpha Centauri?

Yup. One of the best sci-fi artwork cleverly disguised as a game.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ok actually this thing is cool and good

:laugh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop: he has arisen!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Spectrum looks like a bit like Steam.

Except people look forward to Steam sales.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is unironically a good post. PRO-CLICK

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
We're off to a great start

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

D_Smart posted:

A whale (any gamer paying more than $60 for a game, is considered a whale) just got his refund, and posted a pretty good synopsis behind his reasoning.

Okay, which one of you wrote this?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

tooterfish posted:

Spectrum looks like a bit like Steam.

Except people look forward to Steam sales.

Can I buy Gal Gun and Akiba's Trip on Spectrum?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Krycek posted:

Yeah, Best Buy blacklisted me too when I returned a TV to them 6 years ago and now I'm barred from ever setting foot on the premises.

That's not the same at all. You betrayed your pledge to Chris in an act of active sabotage. You don't deserve the Verse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I am the guy that died because when I got sick I had no idea something was wrong. Never having been to medical school, how could I?