Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Diqnol posted:

What will come first, an openly gay or an openly nazi nfl player?

Why not both? Go full Elephant on this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Why would any normal person post in D&D?

Leperflesh posted:

Sometimes I forget that the California megathread was moved to D&D. I should stop posting in it.

You know how you can get kind of a community in a long-running thread? Like you can have ongoing discussion with several people who hang out there and that's kind of cool. Well a few years ago we all got summarily dumped in D&D and for a long time that didn't seem to matter because the same posters were still there arguing about what kind of burrito is the superior burrito and how terrible Dianne Feinstein is.

But then suddenly there's ten D&D regulars dropping in to comment on something and they're all loving terrible and my mistake was engaging them like they were sane people you can have a conversation with.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Didn't the later already happen in Philly?

I'll have you know there have always been an abundance of openly racist nfl players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The only non awful d&d thread is the politoons thread and that's only because you can read it while skipping literally every single comment and not miss anything and also not interact with d&d

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Leperflesh posted:

You know how you can get kind of a community in a long-running thread? Like you can have ongoing discussion with several people who hang out there and that's kind of cool. Well a few years ago we all got summarily dumped in D&D and for a long time that didn't seem to matter because the same posters were still there arguing about what kind of burrito is the superior burrito and how terrible Dianne Feinstein is.

But then suddenly there's ten D&D regulars dropping in to comment on something and they're all loving terrible and my mistake was engaging them like they were sane people you can have a conversation with.

sorry, amigo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

There was a lull, but all the posters who got purged in the election toxxs have come back, and whoo boy, are they in a mood.

I was going to recommend you just go to Your City Sucks, but politics talk is a bit weird there. Sorry for the bullshit. :(

Spoeank posted:

The only non awful d&d thread is the politoons thread and that's only because you can read it while skipping literally every single comment and not miss anything and also not interact with d&d

There's pages of terrible comments in between strip drops though, makes it a bit of a drag to read.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah there's a CA thread in the travel and tourism forum, but it's infrequently posted-in and mostly about where people should visit on vacation.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah there's a CA thread in the travel and tourism forum, but it's infrequently posted-in and mostly about where people should visit on vacation.

The answer is "Mendocino."

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The California thread was always garbage, you just didn't notice until people decided to buy you avatars.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I don't mind Nazis getting punched, but I also don't think it's something worth publicly supporting. And we've definitely spent too much time talking about it.

What do y'all prefer, trebuchets or catapults?

It's trebuchets, obviously.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

You're right and most of the people disagreeing are idiots that will never see the logic in a statement such as, "If you punch someone who's spreading a message chances are you're going to get more people to side with the person punched than the people who already side with you." Nope, you're a Nazi supporter for daring to say that you prefer peaceful protests over violence.

If someone starts to sympathize with a Nazi after they see them get punched in the face, chances are they already sympathized with the Nazis to begin with.

You dense motherfucker

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

http://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/punkin-chunkin/videos/punkin-chunkin-a-unique-trebuchet/

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Alaois posted:

If someone starts to sympathize with a Nazi after they see them get punched in the face, chances are they already sympathized with the Nazis to begin with.

You dense motherfucker

Would you two gently caress already?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Would you two gently caress already?

Is alaois think enough for daltos?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Punching Nazis = good
Punching 1 Nazi causing a different, lazy Nazi to get off his couch and go be Nazis in the street = bad

Their whole thing is couched in non-Aryans being insane unhinged nutters and we go out and punch them and they go "see?!?!" and it galvanizes them.

It's not about convincing you or me that punching Nazis is bad, it's about videos of Nazis getting punched turning into Nazi propaganda

How is this so hard to grasp.

How.

So only true aryans should punch nazis.

I got your back, untermensch.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

So only true aryans should punch nazis.

I got your back, untermensch.

I'm blond haired, blue-eyed as well

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm blond haired, blue-eyed as well

Let's go gently caress up whitey.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm polish and have blond hair and blue eyes ?!?!?

Also people have said in balding and it scares me. :eek:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A Man and his dog posted:

:lol: Poles aren't aryans. Didn't you watch ww2?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
As an inscrutable oriental I'd be happy to punch some honkeys I just need to make time between my short order cook job and studying for my medical degree

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Poles are the Iranians of Europe, when you really think about it, in that both countries are vaguely shaped like Ohio.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

I think most blond haired men do. I will just shave my head like Mr Clean when my time comes, nbd

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

:lol: Poles aren't aryans. Didn't you watch ww2?

The third season was pretty good but it just seemed to drag on for a while after that. Then they used all their budget to end it with a bang.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shangri-Law School posted:

What do y'all prefer, trebuchets or catapults?

gently caress it, go deep.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Aryans shaving their heads bald is the natural progression yes

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Diqnol posted:

What will come first, an openly gay or an openly nazi nfl player?

Wasn't Romanowski practically Nazi or ?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

As an inscrutable oriental I'd be happy to punch some honkeys I just need to make time between my short order cook job and studying for my medical degree
I'm glad someone else has joined the cause.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

It's me. I'm the superior burrito.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

The Glumslinger posted:

Might as well take advantage of the chaos

OP mentioned chaos. What chaos?

I noticed a bunch of mods were demodded. More Aatrek style issues?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also John Wick 2 was good and you should see it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also John Wick 2 was good and you should see it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

OP mentioned chaos. What chaos?

I noticed a bunch of mods were demodded. More Aatrek style issues?

Nah, more boring and pedantic than that. There was some kerfluffle where Lady Ambien and later Lowtax questioned the modding of D&D or something, except Lady A did it publicly instead of in the mod forum? I don't remember. Someone or other either got demodded or got mad and quit, and then like half the mods quit either in solidarity or because they were tired of being mods anyway.

There was some huge extremely boring/annoying QCS thread about the whole thing that you can find if you care (you should not care).

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

yeah it was dumb

also captain america punches nazis so that's the right thing to do

rename d&d to dipshits&dingdongs imo

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
About to go downtown and I'm like fuckkkk.

Welp. See where this goes. Also the gently caress Gastropubs. $6.42 for a 10 oz beer. Woof.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

There's blue sparkling wine at this bar in Maine and Moxie truffles next door.

What the gently caress is going on

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Where in Maine are u my guy?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Portland

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Lotta Tom Brady heads floating around this forum

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
SAS Wiki is dead, so I am posting this here so it can live on forever.

Which is worse:

A) To never get anything but the nastiest, sore-riddled bar pussy with the occasional upgrade to a chick who is so fat that you can barely penetrate her before one of the many gathered folds of her gelatinous being block your pelvis from progressing your member further?

B) To be standing at the foot of the bed of the most beautiful woman in the world you've worked your entire life for just hoping for the chance to nail. Her body is glorious, devoid of all traces of hair, her breasts are impossibly perfect spheres and her legs are spread askance beckoning you to the warm delights of her vaginal cavity only to have some dumb crosseyed moron named Manning stumble through the door like a slapstick scene in a Jerry Lewis movie. The door swinging open sends you careening through a window to fall below. Meanwhile Eli stumbles forward accidentally catching his pants on the edge of some furniture and falls naked into her, penetrating her in your place.

Below you lie, naked and covered with glass listening to that dumb hick bellow out weird donkey-sounding grunts of pleasure as he haphazardly enjoys what was to be your crowning moment.

WHICH SCENARIO WILL HAUNT YOU MORE? Being a step away from unimagined glory only to lose it is way worse than the back to back 1-15/2-14 seasons I sat through during the terrible years from the late-mid 80s until Parcells' 2nd season when we finally made the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Alaois posted:

You dense motherfucker

This whole discussion is middle class liberal as gently caress.

No one had changed political affiliation based on violence and historically violence is the most effective way to stop something.

Ignoring it is how you make something stronger, let's it take root.

It's basically a way to feel morally superior without doing anything.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 18, 2017

• Locked thread