Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

GuyUpNorth posted:

Indeed, but when I presumably have up to Ebonthread in terms of crafting skill my nodes will be ebon/ancestor silk and any writs ask for the former. Just hope bank has enough stacks to carry though to next and if not, hunt down nodes?

Exactly correct. The "middle materials" can be tricky to get sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'l a bit lost on how to build my character.

I have a wood elf templar. I got her to lvl 50 years ago, so I'm picking up a high level toon with no idea about what the basics are any more.
When I came back to the game she was all in light armour and fire staff, and every fight consisted of lots and lots of kiting while I whittles down the mobs.
I switched to heavy armour & sword & shield and could very easily survive. And then I switched weapon to a 2-hander and things seem to be going pretty well.

I've put most of my ability points into magicka because all of the abilities I'm using use it. but does that mean my sword's light & heavy attacks are gimped because I don't have more stamina?
I want to have a healing spec and a set of light armour for healing groups, but does that automatically screw up my 2-hand damage spec which should be using stamina?
Is there a light armour & staff DPS spec that I'm missing, that doesn't get my poo poo pushed in every fight?

So how important are the points you put into your three stats, compared to where you get them from gear & food & potions?
Is a wood elf using magicka always going to be noticeably worse than, say, a breton, due to their racial passives?

And why do you not ever put points into health? Is that because you'll just get enough health from other sources?

Anyway, good to be in the goon guild, hope to be healing dungeons with you soon.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill let someone who knows more about all that answer but thats a cool af av

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I currently run my Templar as a heavy armour frost staff healtank. It's fun. Most cases I plant my rune focus and keep boss attention while healing the group and laying down AoE deeps as much as I can.

If that sounds interesting I can toss together some notes on my build next time I am on. It's definitely not an optimized play pattern but you can straddle all three roles well for group play because frost staff tanking is still destro staff skill point investiture and all your points should still go into Magicka.

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

eonwe posted:

ill let someone who knows more about all that answer but thats a cool af av

Aww thanks, it was one of the Baron's freebies.
Your AV is legendary of course, as are you.

doomfunk posted:

I currently run my Templar as a heavy armour frost staff healtank. It's fun. Most cases I plant my rune focus and keep boss attention while healing the group and laying down AoE deeps as much as I can.

If that sounds interesting I can toss together some notes on my build next time I am on. It's definitely not an optimized play pattern but you can straddle all three roles well for group play because frost staff tanking is still destro staff skill point investiture and all your points should still go into Magicka.

I'd appreciate that. I didn't consider the different magic staves as being different options.
Good to know that heavy armour & staff is viable.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
So I went and picked this up since the Gold version was on sale. I had previously played in beta and it wasn't quite my cup of tea, but now the game seems pretty dang decent.
Would it be possible to get an invite to the guilds?
@Eraxis

Also, is the MagTemplar character build link fairly accurate on the first page?
Secondly, I was thinking of making a pet sorc as I tend to like pet classes and i heard that they recently got buffed?
I looked around but couldn't really find any recent builds for them, so I'm not quite sure what would be most efficient for that.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

How do flat-value resists work? I'm assuming it's not just a flat -damage amount. Basically I'm trying to offset the fire damage penalty from vampirism and want to know if I should stack fire resist jewelry. If so are 1-3 pieces optimal and how much of a difference will each piece make?

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -
Sick of stolen concept art .jpeg spaceships..

@LoweMoralfiber

rio
Mar 20, 2008

JimmyTurtle posted:

Honestly the only thing I would whine to devs about is that I can use a 300 character password in the main game, but to log in to support the password has to be max 20 characters or so.

Btw: I really enjoyed the Riften Woodwind Orchestra

I am down to do this any time - just let me know (I'm blitzstrahl) and I'd do it again maybe we could get like 20-30 of us doing it if we planned ahead.

Here is a short video of it.

https://instagram.com/p/BQmvMxOD71P/

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I finally bought the base game. I hesitated for a long time, but with the expansion announcement I guess they aren't canning it any time soon, and the game always looked appealing.
Will I be able to join the goon guild regardless of which race I pick? (not for pvp)
Is there a way to migrate the installation on a different system or a hard drive without re-downloading if I ever need to?
I'll probably play on NA servers (that's where you're all playing, on pc?), anybody knows where they are located, physically?
thanks

Shy fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Feb 17, 2017

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Someone was asking about leveling up legerdemain in guild chat yesterday, this seems like a quick way to do it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/322398/quickly-level-legerdemain-the-apple-method

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Rumour has it that this game has gotten way better. What's the big deal?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Dinurth posted:

Someone was asking about leveling up legerdemain in guild chat yesterday, this seems like a quick way to do it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/322398/quickly-level-legerdemain-the-apple-method

post says posted:

Each stolen item you sell or launder gives 1 point for Legerdemain

Anyone know for sure if this is correct? Based on my own experience I was certain price/rarity also comes into effect, and that apples give a really low leger yield.

Shy posted:

I'll probably play on NA servers (that's where you're all playing, on pc?)
Hurray to more Properly Timezoned people in our guild!

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

There's a lot more content thanks to the excellent DLC and the soul crushing veteran rank grind have been replaced with champion levels. The zones are also not segregated to each faction anymore and everything except trials (raids) scales to your level.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I read something along the lines of ESO and FF14 were both so disastrous at launch, but improved more than thought possible.

Kudos.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
FF14 is still pretty lovely, I got a char to level 10 and had like 10 minor attacks I had to spam in battle that all did slightly different damage.

Maybe if they kill the sub I'll try it again.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

ESO is a ton of fun now and it feels a lot like an elder scrolls game. Inventory management is intensely frustrating without subscribing though. Subscribing lets you put all the hundred odd per tier crafting mats into an infinite bag separate from the rest of your inventory.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm looking for some pointers regarding what items and stuff to go for in a stamina* based Argonian Dragon Knight that recently hit the 160 CP treshold.

I mainly want to tank but also not take ages to kill stuff when I'm doing story missions on my own. I tried to build something around two-handed sword based on presumably outdated information I could scrounge up but the damage is pretty anemic outside of charging and brawler'ing trash mobs in story missions. :smith:

* I care less about the actual gameplay stat and more about being a huge lizard with huge weapons, so if I can pull that off with Magicka, that'd be fine as well.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Randler posted:

I'm looking for some pointers regarding what items and stuff to go for in a stamina* based Argonian Dragon Knight that recently hit the 160 CP treshold.

I mainly want to tank but also not take ages to kill stuff when I'm doing story missions on my own. I tried to build something around two-handed sword based on presumably outdated information I could scrounge up but the damage is pretty anemic outside of charging and brawler'ing trash mobs in story missions. :smith:

* I care less about the actual gameplay stat and more about being a huge lizard with huge weapons, so if I can pull that off with Magicka, that'd be fine as well.

I think most tanks do magicka, but use the tri-stat enchants, this might have changed though.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I've found that if you want to do crafting without the ESOplus crafting bag just ignore alchemy and provisions and put everything else into the bank. The game automatically accesses the bank when at a crafting station.

I don't have ESOplus anymore but once I stopped grabbing alchemy and provision ingredients my bank and inventory cleaned up well. Enchantment is a bit more dicey but not as bad I find.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

got any sevens posted:

FF14 is still pretty lovely, I got a char to level 10 and had like 10 minor attacks I had to spam in battle that all did slightly different damage.

Maybe if they kill the sub I'll try it again.

That's exactly the play style people who play those games want.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Alright, downloading the game. I'll be an Argonian with a wizard's hat because that's what I like to play in good RPGs*.

*=the ones with a lizard race

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 17, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Jack's Flow posted:

Alright, downloading the game. I'll be an Argonian with a wizard's hat because that's what I like to play in good RPGs*.

*=the ones with a lizard race

gently caress yes they are. Make a Magicka Templar Argonian, link is in the second post.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is there a decent DK Tank build somewhere? I'd prefer DPS but I kind of like my heavy armor so I don't know how that goes over

all the ones I found were really old

eonwe fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 17, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'd really recommend not going tank until you hit max level, because soloing/questing as a tank is pure misery.

But! DKs make amazing tanks.

Here's one that's endgame in mind to see what they're going for: http://alcasthq.com/catalyst/

His vids are usually pretty good at explaining why he's doing things, what the build is for, gear/ability options, etc.

Check out his website for DPS builds too. Both mag and stam versions.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Magplar levelling is just "set thing on fire, aedric spear until dead" right?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok cool ill go with his stuff. I really don't want to do a tank to be honest so thanks for talking me out of that

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ChickenWing posted:

Magplar levelling is just "set thing on fire, aedric spear until dead" right?

Yeah, pretty much, make sure to level destro skills as well.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Dual Swords/Lightning Staff is the new hot poo poo. We'll hook you up, fam

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Join discord if you haven't already btw.

Also, get someone in guild to make you a training set of armor. I think as a mag user you go 5 light + 1 med + 1 heavy until you max your armor skills (you could throw more med/heavy into the mix to level it faster but you hurt your light armor bonus).

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Aramek posted:

gently caress yes they are. Make a Magicka Templar Argonian, link is in the second post.

Would rolling a Sorcerer be a bad idea? I like the sound of dark magic debuff stuff.

edit:

The Bethesda downloader is painfully slow. This will take a while.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 18, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jack's Flow posted:

Would rolling a Sorcerer be a bad idea? I like the sound of dark magic debuff stuff.

sorcerer's are good.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The Gold Premium edition bundle is on sale this weekend. What all does it entail? All the dlcs and the Imperial bonuses?

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Gold bundle has all DLCs except shadows of the hist(which is like 2 dungeons?).
It does include Imperial City DLC but that does not let you be an Imperial race(that's the digital imperial edition)

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
:siren: If you weren't fortunate enough to get in on that $29 Amazon deal for Morrowind, Best Buy just got the collector's edition. If you have Gamer Club Unlocked, it brings down the price to $79.99. Bring the total up to $100 and you get $25 off by using Visa Checkout.

If you don't have Gamer Club Unlocked, you can bring the price from $99 to $75 by using Visa Checkout, $5 less than using up an Amazon Prime trial.:siren:

I got Crash Bandicoot trilogy remastered + Morrowind CE for $93

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-collectors-edition-macwindows/5775805.p?skuId=5775805

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 18, 2017

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I'm bummed cause I really really like the StamSorc playstyle, and originally picked it up after it got nerfed into the ground/Fengrush threatened to quit the game.

And now apparently it's the new meta? Boo all of you. I don't like any of the other classes as much as I like rear end in a top hat Orc ninja wizard.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

MF_James posted:

Join discord if you haven't already btw.

Also, get someone in guild to make you a training set of armor. I think as a mag user you go 5 light + 1 med + 1 heavy until you max your armor skills (you could throw more med/heavy into the mix to level it faster but you hurt your light armor bonus).

Yeah I should probably interact with the guild more than never

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
I would like to get added:

Username I think is:

@u.-1

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm curious, are there any builds using dual wield where two swords isn't the best weapon choice? The twin blade & blunt bonus for swords just seems too widely useful for that to ever be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Rollersnake posted:

I'm curious, are there any builds using dual wield where two swords isn't the best weapon choice? The twin blade & blunt bonus for swords just seems too widely useful for that to ever be the case.

TBH, the only thing DW swords works best with is a Magicka Templar. the other three mack classes are way better off with dual destro staves (for sustain, weaving light attacks, and the destro staff passives). Stam classes are better off with sharpened daggers, as the crit chance is still better than the flat damage increase overall.

This is for PVE only, mind you.