Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

vainman posted:

What's Shogun ranked after all the cuts? Six or something?

Fourth, moves up one because Bader's gone and another because Gustafsson is out indefinitely.

Truly Krylov was unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

CommonShore posted:

Then her duty was to report it to USADA immediately instead of waiting til she tested positive.

She also failed to declare it when the test took place.

Her doctor works with Olympians too, so you would think they'd have advised her to declare.

If it was anyone else we'd probably take it at face value though.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

tesilential posted:

Woodley beat wonderboy in every aspect of MMA. I didn't see any of you predict that...

Didn't see it posted, but UFC just put Woodley-Thompson 1 on youtube as a free fight. People can review it if they want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfZmIdc9mg

Woodley has the biggest moments in the fight, catching Wonderboy with his right hand, getting takedowns, the near-finish from the guillotine, but in terms of running time a huge proportion of the fight was Wonderboy kickboxing him up from the outside

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Rigel posted:

Cyborg just got a retroactive TUE from USADA. She's clear to fight.

https://twitter.com/usantidoping/status/832710026489794561

Good

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Look, #1 Cyborg fan here so take my view with a grain of salt, but does anyone think a tough Brazilian athlete is going to feel comfortable openly telling people her ovaries are busted?

Everything seems to make sense to me if it gets past USADA.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Valerie Letourneau was cut

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Is there a list somewhere I'm missing?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Who?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Victim of Joanna

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
legit cool fighters being cut while artem lobov is main eventing... what a time to be alive

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

but in terms of running time a huge proportion of the fight was Wonderboy kickboxing him up from the outside

Wonderboy certainly spends a lot of time doing kickboxing on the outside, but it doesn't really happen to Woodley for most of it, it's just sort of around him.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It is lol though that Cyborg got her TUE despite failing to declare on at least two occasions whilst Michida sits on the sidelines despite never popping.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The squeaky, steroid-infused wheel gets the UFC grease.

On a non-steroid related note, when do we get to see GSP's flip?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Letournau at least dropped three straight. Cirkunov is an undefeated prospect in a division which desperately needs prospects.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Lady teacher who had an affair with her student in the 90s.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2X8022kA1k

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Does this Cyborg news mean we'll get the return of those really bad articles about her. I hope so.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

From Letourneau's instagram post about the whole thing, it sounds like she couldn't make the cut to 115 anymore but knows she's too small for 135 and isn't going to fight anymore unless it's for an organization that has women's 125. It'll be interesting to see if she pops up in Invicta.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Losing a top 5 guy who has only lost to the champion I can forgive, but cutting Nikita Krylov is an act of cruelty

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Losing a top 5 guy who has only lost to the champion I can forgive, but cutting Nikita Krylov is an act of cruelty

it's super weird cause Nikita Krylov has never had a fight go the distance in his UFC career (or his entire career for that matter). Krylov is guaranteed entertainment. If that dude can't even hang around as a mid-carder then what the gently caress kind of product is UFC trying to sell us

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Lid posted:

Constant interim titles making the belts meaningless

Letting go of young fighters while signing stars to marquee matches

Vanity weight classes

Having no direction if one of their stars goes awol

yes very stupid guy

edit: oh and champs picking their opponents, in other divisions

The whole conor debauchery is bad for the sport. Also Maia still isn't fighting how many times do Ingvar to say this

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I think GSP /Bisping would be a good fight

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Chapel/Bisping wasn't.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
:siren: Johny Hendricks Watch, 2017 :siren:

Johny Hendricks has successfully made weight; 185.5lbs.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Anyone have any idea how much weight fighters cut the night before weight-ins? Is it usually a pound or two at that point?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tumor looking batty posted:

Anyone have any idea how much weight fighters cut the night before weight-ins? Is it usually a pound or two at that point?

The day/night before they're doing the biggest part of the cut. The idea is you minimize the time you're dehydrated. A natural body builder I used to work with that did similar cuts would shed around 15-20 lbs of water (mostly through pissing) the day/night before a competition so that he would have the best stage look. That's a little under a 10% cut but he dieted down to around 230ish before the water cut.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Rigel posted:

Valerie Letourneau was cut

Good

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

:siren: Johny Hendricks Watch, 2017 :siren:

Johny Hendricks has successfully made weight; 185.5lbs.

I hope no one made any prop bets!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Why is the fight night event on Sunday and not Saturday this week?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
They don't want to run opposite Bellator.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
They want to compete with the NBA All Star game and then fire all the fighters when it does lovely ratings

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Power of Pecota posted:

Why is the fight night event on Sunday and not Saturday this week?

No football

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I have no idea since BT run everything UFC here and Bellator has like a midnight rerun on UK SPIKE TV which has a reach of about 5 guys and a do, but is SPIKE a better network than FS1 in the US, hence them not running head to head?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Personally I am real glad Misha and Horiguchi are gone but the UFC had the good sense to keep Chris Avila (0-2), Angela Magana (0-2), Thibault Gouti (0-3), Kailin Curran (1-4), and Jessica Eye (1-5) around.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
You see they're winners

But winners cost money

And they're foreign

And we got a bottom line here

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The final UFC fights for Horiguchi (Ali Bagautinov) and Cirkunov (Nikita Krylov) ended up being the rare "Loser and Winner Both Leave Town" match ups

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Seriously though is there an undercurrent of these winners being cut because they're not Young American? Kicking prospects is just loving bizarre enough but if its only foreign prospects the interpretation may be "oh."

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The final UFC fights for Horiguchi (Ali Bagautinov) and Cirkunov (Nikita Krylov) ended up being the rare "Loser and Winner Both Leave Town" match ups

Lmao

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Lid posted:

Seriously though is there an undercurrent of these winners being cut because they're not Young American? Kicking prospects is just loving bizarre enough but if its only foreign prospects the interpretation may be "oh."

Both winners of those fights were on the last fight of their contracts. They are either testing the market, or UFC didn't want to pay them what they were asking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Krylov was the one who opted to not resign:

quote:

“I'm not particularly upset. God willing, there is still opportunities after a couple of years. There wasn’t a stumbling block, in fact. The only thing is that the old contract ended, and they wanted me to sign a new one. I did not want to, and because of this the UFC did not give me a fourth fight, relying on the contract and agreed to let me go.”

While Krylov didn’t offer any specific details about his reason not to re-sign with the promotion, it appears to have been rooted in a contractual dispute. Currently residing in Moscow, Krylov is already fielding various offers from local promotions interested in his services.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/18/14656970/krylov-not-particularly-upset-after-opting-not-to-re-sign-with-the-ufc

That makes me kind of sad. I was hoping that he'd end up breaking the most career UFC fights record.

• Locked thread