Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

NeurosisHead posted:

I don't play fighting games at all. I like this game though. Are fighting games players all as loving obnoxious as the guys feverishly waving their dicks and arguing about mix ups in this thread?

Far moreso actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

NeurosisHead posted:

I don't play fighting games at all. I like this game though. Are fighting games players all as loving obnoxious as the guys feverishly waving their dicks and arguing about mix ups in this thread?

yes

except justin wong is a pretty cool guy IRL

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NeurosisHead posted:

Oh sweet summer child

Stay away from the fighting game threads they make this look like a picnic

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh sweet summer child

Stay away from the fighting game threads they make this look like a picnic

:yikes:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Mortal Kombat 9 had a really good system where it would throw 8 people into a lobby and 2 would fight while the rest would look on in a theatre complete with curtain and they'd watch and react to the game. The winner would stay on and it'd just cycle through people. Imagine the same thing but in a roman ampitheatre :shobon:

With all the unlockables and money/points/steel/scavenge they could add betting mode to that also.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
betting with stuff you purchased with real world money runs aground a lot of gambling laws iirc

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

NeurosisHead posted:

Fighting Games is basically an entire genre of Dark-Souls-Caliber communities.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

NeurosisHead posted:

Same. I also don't understand how people can get mad about being pushed off stuff, just go somewhere where there isn't a sheer drop then?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/IifOQI5.gifv

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Now that is what I call an MLG no-scope!!!

e: lol just noticed the name.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

how me a frog posted:

Same. I also don't understand how people can get mad about being pushed off stuff, just go somewhere where there isn't a sheer drop then?

And don't let the Raider angle you towards a cliff. Yes, I CAN carry you that far. Wedge yourself into a corner if you have to.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

This makes me wish this game had a killcam

panda clue fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 18, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

New ranks mean new icons.

How I Lawbringer by FunkMonkey age 5

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I can actually play this game in 4K with a GTX 1070 and my 2 generation old midrange intel processor. It really helps clean up the clutter in dominion and makes enemy heroes way easier to pick out of the crowds.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

FunkMonkey posted:

New ranks mean new icons.

How I Lawbringer by FunkMonkey age 5

Imagine four wardens on the edge of a cliff...

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

betting with stuff you purchased with real world money runs aground a lot of gambling laws iirc

I doubt that, GTA 5 lets you buy in game cash and bet with that. It's not like you can convert it back out of in game money to actual dollars.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

how me a frog posted:

Imagine four wardens on the edge of a cliff...

:chanpop::boom:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

NeurosisHead posted:

Haha then turns out you do play fighting games then nerd!!!

Also mixups feh, what you got to worry about are the vortexes as warden has one of those!

*ed*

Cao Ni Ma posted:

except justin wong is a pretty cool guy IRL

I talked to justin once about wrestling, and he told me he liked john cena more than Rusev so gently caress him :mad:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does anyone know what a caution sign means next to one of your characters in the hero selection screen?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does anyone know what a caution sign means next to one of your characters in the hero selection screen?

It means you have new swag, go check it out.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

They almost have 60/60 of their gear slots full, or they already do.

FunkMonkey posted:

Nah, that's the !; you get a little red/yellow caution thing when their gear slots are almost maxed out.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

nvm

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i either thought it was that or that you had higher gear score available, thanks.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
I find the duels and brawl boring, so I mostly stick do dominion. Problem is, people are dumb as gently caress. Nine out of ten times when a teammate tries to "help" you (because they're not actually looking to help, they just want takedowns), they end up making the fight a lot harder for you instead. They'll either fill the enemies revenge meter, gently caress up your guard breaks or they'll keep catching you with their attacks, giving your opponent free hits. Just had a round with two of these people in my team, and I had to walk away from pretty much every encounter because one of them always insisted on lending me their aid. They also didn't give a poo poo about taking points, so in the end I just peaced out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FunkMonkey posted:

Except there's some bug where gear you've long since had suddenly becomes 'new' again and its driving me crazy :(

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Wasn't chivalry made up for knights because "Holy poo poo you're fight atop a horse you're gonna need some special rules to handle this insanity"?

Chivalry comes from the English taking the french word Chevalier witch essentially means the same thing as knight. Over the years it broadened into the qualities one needs to be a chevalier/knight(martial prowess, horsemanship) then into the qualities of how they should act and eventually it turned into a weird set of rules about honor that 100% zero original chevaliers followed because the originals were literally personal mercenaries with prowess given armor and horses by their lord in order to defend their land from other lords.

Basically well trained troops got armor, horses, and training to become stupid powerful forces on the battlefield. These mercenaries eventually became important culturally as well, which evolved into the modern definition of knights we know.

And as with almost every interesting part of their culture, the Brits took it from the french.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo nobushi is fun as hell

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

hot take: skirmish mode sucks

panda clue
May 23, 2014

this guy gets it

Also, prestige 4 Warden weapon :aaaaa:

panda clue fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 18, 2017

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is there a comprehensive list of skins? I couldn't find anything on google

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Holy poo poo nobushi is fun as hell

Conversely playing against a competent Nobushi is probably the least fun thing ever.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Man, that feeling when you finally start learning the game and the class mechanics. I still suck a lot, but I'm actually starting to get a hang of things, plan out my attacks and poo poo. It feels good to simply dismantle an enemy player. Had an elimination round with my friends that ended up with me getting gangbanged by 2 Kensei and a Nobushi. I took down two of them but they were reviveable kills so it was for nothing. But the fact that I lasted long enough to do that was pretty loving awesome.

It also probably helps that I'm maining Warlord and therefore a relatively rare class to fight against compared to the 3 Lawbringers you get in every 4v4.

E:

Internet Kraken posted:

Conversely playing against a competent Nobushi is probably the least fun thing ever.

I'm starting to get a hang on Nobushi. There's still a skill-level that will feast on my face, but I'm starting to get the hang of them.

The most terrifying thing I've seen is some Beserker that apparently got Revenge from attacking? I'd block most of his attacks, hit him a few times, then he'd pop murderfuck goldenboy mode on me.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 18, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm having a hard time trying not to mash buttons

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Focus on learning to parry than attack. Try to let them attack first to train yourself not to spam.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Do some 1v1 duels versus AI every now and then. They're not as good or unpredictable as players unless you get a level 3 one, but they're a lot better at teaching you stuff than the actual tutorial. Tutorials just make sure you understand how to put one foot in front of the other.

Also read the move-list of your favorite character, maybe go back and check it now and then.

Oh and just play more. It will eventually start to click.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Anyone else's beam execution effect not showing?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I play on PC and I have two monitors. I screenshot my move list and put it up on my opposite screen.

It's awesome. I can look back to it between deaths or matches.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The hardest habit for me to unlearn was not mashing the spacebar anytime I get caught in a combo. Dark Souls screwed me over there.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
would anyone want to do the campaign co-op on realistic? trying to knock this out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
If you didnt know you can go on the website and do all your stats and orders and emblems and faction nonsense:

https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com/#/en-US

A companion app would be cooler but it's there