Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Budgie Jumping posted:

Oh what the poo poo. Either way it's a good impetus for me to get off my rear end and see it.

That's true. Split is really good.

Edit: I'm watching The Lair of the White Worm and I love that it's got this small town, Hammer horror aesthetic and then Lady Sylvia strolls into the movie straight out of an '80s music video.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Lair of the White Worm is amazing. I love the psychedelic dream sequences.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
man, 31 is pretty boring

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Yoooo Dark Archie with the Kubrick references

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Bay of Blood rules, but that ending is next-level. Awesome poo poo, glad I finally saw the movie that gave us the two best kills in the original Friday the 13th.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I need to get out of the house for a few hours tomorrow afternoon - should I go see A Cure for Wellness or Fist Fight? Neither is getting the best reviews, but Wellness looked interesting from its trailer, and Fist Fight has Charlie Day, so there's at least some potential for a decent movie.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, "The title 'Resident Evil: Biohazard' isn't just keeping in line with the name of the series. In the game, there really is a 'resident evil'. There's an evil residing in the Baker House" is like the single most Night Mind thing I've ever heard

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i dojnt understand, is this person an idiot

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh man, "The title 'Resident Evil: Biohazard' isn't just keeping in line with the name of the series. In the game, there really is a 'resident evil'. There's an evil residing in the Baker House" is like the single most Night Mind thing I've ever heard

I know

I love it

He's such a goober, like Mike Boudet but for horror

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Oh is that the appeal of Sword & Scale? It's always eluded me, but that makes a whole lot of sense now

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

corn in the bible posted:

i dojnt understand, is this person an idiot
Just got around to watching yesterday's press conference eh?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Onion headline: Oh God, Here Comes Another Terrence Malick Movie

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I finally cut my ex-girlfriend out of my life formally and completely yesterday and since then I've learned that the Christmas party she threw that I was really leery about going to, literally every guest didn't want to be there and felt coerced or obligated to show up. That's really funny and terribly sad.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I know

I love it

I need Night Mind to explain 420 now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I don't think I could take 2 hours of fisheye, seems also as exhausting as Hardcore Henry.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jenny Angel posted:

Make sense too since the Japanese title is Biohazard: Resident Evil.

married but discreet posted:

Yoooo Dark Archie with the Kubrick references

Kanye West once asked the director of a Keeping Up With The Kardashians episode to film a shot like Kubrick.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Anonymous Robot posted:

I finally cut my ex-girlfriend out of my life formally and completely yesterday and since then I've learned that the Christmas party she threw that I was really leery about going to, literally every guest didn't want to be there and felt coerced or obligated to show up. That's really funny and terribly sad.
gently caress I wish I could have been there. Paint us a picture.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh is that the appeal of Sword & Scale? It's always eluded me, but that makes a whole lot of sense now

Kind of? I really like true crime poo poo so that helps but yeah Mike Boudet being the king of the dorks and not knowing what 420 is and explaining the concept of memes to the audience for his podcast is the best

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Quick question Dickeye: when you refer to Dark Archie as Dark Archie Fucks, are you saying it to the tune of John Cena's entrance

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Slugworth posted:

gently caress I wish I could have been there. Paint us a picture.

I wish there was more of a story there. I thought that most people enjoyed themselves; I appeared to enjoy myself. I wasn't aware that everyone was miserable in secret at the time. It does help paint a picture that it was a million dollar condominium on the high street with austere modernist furnishings and a metal Christmas tree, though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Quick question Dickeye: when you refer to Dark Archie as Dark Archie Fucks, are you saying it to the tune of John Cena's entrance

I am now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My favorite character in Dark Archie Fucks is Veronicas coat

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Really all of this is just origin story stuff setting up for the next installment, Dark Archie Fucks Again!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Dark Archie: Serial Fucker

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It'll be a while until I see Dark Archie Fucks, but my only concern with it is that they're all what, 16? The show's only got two years in it before the characters are supposed to be 18 and it stops being all scandalous.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Finished my first pass on a script for my first video essay. I think it's going well, but we'll see how it translates into being read aloud. I still need to a few more passes to check some facts, look up a few references, and add in some hooks for syncing up visuals. I bet I'm going to run into a problem of not having enough footage that relates directly to my talking points, in which case, would you just show general footage from the film? Nice shots of characters driving?

Related to that "fact checking" thing, did it end up having any kernel of truth that James Holmes intentionally fashioned himself after the Joker? That reeks of media narrativizing, but it's not unbelievable by any stretch, either.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Hail Caesar was definitely one of those movies that was more fun to make than to watch. Between the golden age references, the dance numbers, and all the other fun little bits, it doesn't quite come together like the best Coen movies do.

edit: and it did not occur to me that Channing Tatum was basically a modern day Gene Kelly but the more you think about it the more sense it makes.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 18, 2017

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Finished my first pass on a script for my first video essay. I think it's going well, but we'll see how it translates into being read aloud. I still need to a few more passes to check some facts, look up a few references, and add in some hooks for syncing up visuals. I bet I'm going to run into a problem of not having enough footage that relates directly to my talking points, in which case, would you just show general footage from the film? Nice shots of characters driving?

I think that's where a lot of ppl show themselves talking. Maybe you could use footage from somewhere else that's thematically consistent with what you're saying (maybe putting text on screen that makes the different source clear)? Or probably it's the perfect time to get some bragging in, just put up some text that says "Don't have any related footage but here's a list of all my best video game high scores/accomplishments"

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Is there a whiter thing on earth than late night TV?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Me

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Budgie Jumping posted:

Late 90s-Early 2000s Boy Bands.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I finally got around to beating The Last of Us and I somehow enjoyed it even more than I was expecting to. I really like the ending, which is weird because it's almost identical to one of my least favorite game endings, it's just LoU actually spends the entire game leading up to it's ending so it actually works.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Budgie Jumping posted:

Food Network.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I watched Christine. Maybe they should stop making films about dead people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Last of Us was so loving great oh my god.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Budgie Jumping posted:

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Vegetable posted:

I watched Christine. Maybe they should stop making films about dead people.

And start making more movies about cool cars, hell yeah

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hallmark channel

Weather Channel

QVC

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Budgie Jumping posted:

Late Night tv didn't use to be this loving white. In the 90s and early 2000s you had a decent amount of non-whites with late night tv shows, both of the talk show and sketch show variety. I don't know what the gently caress happened to them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is what my apartment looks like for my shoot.

Still cleaning/packing. Might as well use my last week here for a short film.

• Locked thread