Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Philip Rivers posted:

I feel like Lyn/Eirika/Azura/Nino could be a really nasty team. Hone Spd would fix a lot of Lyn's problems and she'd even be able to one-shot Lucina with a Sol Katti proc.

I feel like Eirika/Azura/Nino would be a nasty team on its own, and the last slot is just filler. IE: Stuff an armor knight in there to boost your score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Clarste posted:

I feel like Eirika/Azura/Nino would be a nasty team on its own, and the last slot is just filler. IE: Stuff an armor knight in there to boost your score.

Lyn/Eirika/Azura is also nasty on its own because a neutral Spd Lyn with Hone Spd 3 can proc Sol Katti on basically everything besides like Linde and +Spd Lucina and actually trigger Galeforce reliably. But yeah, I really wanna try a Hyper Nino team soon.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Dear intsys please make dance give XP Zzz this is loving torture

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Are any of the current focuses really good? I haven't played their games so if not I'll just save my stones for the next focus.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tender Bender posted:

Are any of the current focuses really good? I haven't played their games so if not I'll just save my stones for the next focus.

Julia is the epitome of glass cannons. Eirika pairs well with Nino. Ephraim has some serious issues. Seliph is probably actively bad.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Eirika/Nino/Tharja/Odin was a pretty funny mage smash team, but what a surprise Odin Dark still loving sucks when Tharja hits harder on red units than him.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I've been having success with Eirika/Effie/Nino/Lilina lately, Eirika is pretty good and has the same movement ability as Marth.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Eirika/Nino/Tharja/Odin was a pretty funny mage smash team, but what a surprise Odin Dark still loving sucks when Tharja hits harder on red units than him.

Odin hits harder when below 50%, and guarantees the double on red mages (too bad they're pretty much non-existent in arena other than the occasional Tharja).

The problem is getting him to double pretty much anything else.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Im trying to put my stats into that Japanese sight. But so far im getting back results showing every stat is maxed. This is by taking lvl 30+ 4* and seeing there lvl one stats from the unlock potential screen. So either taking guys beyond lvl 20 does something or that webpage is completely broken.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Im trying to put my stats into that Japanese sight. But so far im getting back results showing every stat is maxed. This is by taking lvl 30+ 4* and seeing there lvl one stats from the unlock potential screen. So either taking guys beyond lvl 20 does something or that webpage is completely broken.

It's only accurate for level 1 and 40

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I read online that losing an arena match costs you your entire streak and makes you start over, and now I feel bad anytime I see a successful defense, especially since just one would've gotten me the max bonus anyway. :smith:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Anna is a god.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I read online that losing an arena match costs you your entire streak and makes you start over, and now I feel bad anytime I see a successful defense, especially since just one would've gotten me the max bonus anyway. :smith:

It just ends your streak, it doesn't cost you the entire thing. So if you lose one battle #7, your Offense score is still likely going to be in the mid-3000s for that run. And don't feel bad, given just how many Arena match recharges they've been handing out.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

It wouldn't be Fire Emblem without involuntarily wrecking people when they attack you :getin: .

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't imagine how bad you have to do to not get max feathers unless you're actively starting battles and not waiting for them to come or something.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Except for the whole Being Green thing.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
OK all... I need team help.

I only have 1 5* at this point: Eirika, so she's more or less necessary. I've largely been using Eirika, Abel, Kagero, and either Cecilia or Raven depending on the circumstances. I've kind of been all over with leveling and am looking for some good candidates to make a strong team to take to 40 while I try to earn feathers for upgrades. I find I'm often getting my teeth kicked in by armored guys since Abel and Kagero both kind of suck against armor. I have the following to work with:

5*
Eirika

4 *
Abel
Kagero
Cecilla
Raven
Effie
Corrin (F)
Sheena
Cherche
Trash? (Donnel, Virion, Sophia, Stahl, Est, Azama)

3*
Sharena
Gordin
Lissa
Matthew

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

I can't imagine how bad you have to do to not get max feathers unless you're actively starting battles and not waiting for them to come or something.

You could be playing it safe and sticking with easy and intermediate fights.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Substandard posted:

OK all... I need team help.

I only have 1 5* at this point: Eirika, so she's more or less necessary. I've largely been using Eirika, Abel, Kagero, and either Cecilia or Raven depending on the circumstances. I've kind of been all over with leveling and am looking for some good candidates to make a strong team to take to 40 while I try to earn feathers for upgrades. I find I'm often getting my teeth kicked in by armored guys since Abel and Kagero both kind of suck against armor. I have the following to work with:

5*
Eirika

4 *
Abel
Kagero
Cecilla
Raven
Effie
Corrin (F)
Sheena
Cherche
Trash? (Donnel, Virion, Sophia, Stahl, Est, Azama)

3*
Sharena
Gordin
Lissa
Matthew

Corrin F is probably your best solution there for dealing with armor units and she's just really good in general. I would consider replacing Abel with Effie, at least on your offense team, because she's a shitwrecker. Having two lance units on a team isn't a huge downside, since you beat the most common type, and tie the second most common. Hector will give you trouble but he's also got one move so just kill everything else and you should have a chance at beating him with Eirika.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Is it just me, or does Olivia seem to get like a third of the EXP anyone else would for killing an enemy?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

TheKingofSprings posted:

Corrin F is probably your best solution there for dealing with armor units and she's just really good in general. I would consider replacing Abel with Effie, at least on your offense team, because she's a shitwrecker. Having two lance units on a team isn't a huge downside, since you beat the most common type, and tie the second most common. Hector will give you trouble but he's also got one move so just kill everything else and you should have a chance at beating him with Eirika.

So Eirika, Kagero, Effie, Corrin for offense? Am I going to hate having 2 blues and not having a green? I played with Effie a bit but had issues getting her into the fight due to her horrific speed. Any tips for dealing with the move speed of the armored units?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
With Effie you just move up slowly, with the rest of your team behind her. You're not on a turn limit ever, so you can just do it bit by bit. There are units with movement abilities that can move her further though, like Reposition and Smite.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Substandard posted:

So Eirika, Kagero, Effie, Corrin for offense? Am I going to hate having 2 blues and not having a green? I played with Effie a bit but had issues getting her into the fight due to her horrific speed. Any tips for dealing with the move speed of the armored units?

Consider Kagero as your "Green" unit for the most part.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

AweStriker posted:

Is it just me, or does Olivia seem to get like a third of the EXP anyone else would for killing an enemy?

I swear this is the case. I started leveling a team of Robin, Lucina, Kagero and Olivia from around the same level (21 ish) and now all of them except Olivia are 40, while Olivia is stuck at 30. She dies too often and i also have a bad habit of not letting her get hits in because, well, Dance + anyone else on my team usually means two dead enemies.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Corrin-F teams tend to play footsies until they can land a solid initiation with Corrin-F, then alpha 3 enemy units down in a single turn. Abel might be a better fit for that style of gameplay than a 1 move unit, honestly. Or a dancer.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Substandard posted:

Generally you should be able to get around that by letting the enemy come to you right? I don't use any greens in arena and normally score over 4k, in addition to using two reds, there are rarely any green units in arena, and even less mage greens so it isn't something that should trouble you often.. Ideally you'd have another range user in there, but dems da breaks

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nino on a movement limited map will gently caress your poo poo right up though.

But that's the case for most teams, really.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

He has Kagero though, he should really never lose an offensive match to a Nino alone

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Nino on a movement limited map will gently caress your poo poo right up though.

But that's the case for most teams, really.

I positioned poorly in the first two turns on the lava map and a +Spd Linde absolutely destroyed me. She immediately got into position at the first chokepoint with a dance and OTKed both my red lords.

If I had thought further ahead I could have one shot her with my Takumi and Spur Atk from Lucina but I guess I learned my lesson.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
k I need advice.
Here's my roster:

Who should I put on my team and what tactics do I use with them. I have too many options and absolutely no ability to decide whom to pick.

FWIW, Marth, CorrinF and Nino are in the early 30s; Lyn, Takumi and Kagero are 38-40. CorrinM and RobinM are <5 because I just got them. Olivia's lv. 20 or so. Serra and Sakura are 35 or so.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 18, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'd probably do Lyn, Takumi, Kagero, and CorrinF

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I've been using Serra for so long on my offense team, I know she's hampering my points and she's pretty much a sitting duck for anybody bar Olivia but she just makes it so much easier to turtle against dumb AI.

And really unless I push hard I don't end up in the top 10k anyway, as long as I make it in that 10-30k bracket I'm reasonably happy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Azama isn't trash. I think he's legit pretty good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I took another roll and got 4* Olivia, Sheena, Gwendolyn, Florina and 5* Peri. I guess I can make my Olivia better unless I decide to upgrade her to 5* just because she's so dang useful. I might roll one more time since I can still earn enough orbs to do that, and this banner just won't stop giving me 5* units.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Kyte posted:

k I need advice.
Here's my roster:

Who should I put on my team and what tactics do I use with them. I have too many options and absolutely no ability to decide whom to pick.

FWIW, Marth, CorrinF and Nino are in the early 30s; Lyn, Takumi and Kagero are 38-40. CorrinM and RobinM are <5 because I just got them. Olivia's lv. 20 or so. Serra and Sakura are 35 or so.

I'd go Marth, Takumi, Nino, Olivia. Takumi and Nino both benefit a lot form +spd and +atk buffs. If you like Lyn better, you can go with her instead of Marth, but I think Marth is considered slightly better.

EDIT: Oh tactics. Marth can take care of Hector, random greens, dragons, and tank 1 hit from any swordlords. Don't be afraid to let Takumi take a hit. Baiting an enemy Takumi with your Takumi is probably the best way to handle him, since Nino won't be able to 1-shot him until she's a 5*. She's still your answer to everything blue. Nino takes some set up to get her damage buffs up so it takes a bit of planning. There are going to be turns where you don't attack with Nino, just to buff her for the next turn. She still offers a lot of utility with Draw Back. Takumi offers an easier, more consistent source of damage while Nino offers nuking away specific problems like Robin. You may want to get Olivia to 4* since that gives Nino +2 attack, but getting Nino to 5* gives her +6 attack so you may want to save up for that instead.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 18, 2017

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

19 orbs :argh:

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I took another roll and got 4* Olivia, Sheena, Gwendolyn, Florina and 5* Peri. I guess I can make my Olivia better unless I decide to upgrade her to 5* just because she's so dang useful. I might roll one more time since I can still earn enough orbs to do that, and this banner just won't stop giving me 5* units.

Olivia at 4* is as good as Olivia gets really. Hone Attack 3 and dance are her utility. While she can do some incidental damage vs axes or swords, a few stat points will make a difference in 1-2% of arena matches at most.

Kyte posted:

k I need advice.
Here's my roster:

I'd go Kagero, Olivia, CorrinF and finish out the team with a 5 star. Probably not Marth as while his variance is lower than Lyn's, his upside isn't as high and the people that Falchion gives him a free win against also lose hard to Kagero. Takumi is obviously good and I still run into people with fliers on their defense teams so clearly he still has utility.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

akulanization posted:

Olivia at 4* is as good as Olivia gets really. Hone Attack 3 and dance are her utility. While she can do some incidental damage vs axes or swords, a few stat points will make a difference in 1-2% of arena matches at most.

I just have nothing else to really spend the feathers on :shrug: I guess I could max out Eliwood or something, but he looks like a shittier Roy.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This gacha is very cruel.

The red summon was a three star Olivia... after I trained and upgraded one of those to four stars not even 12 hours ago.

Clearly that means the next summoning will be fantastic :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

akulanization posted:

The point of leveling up Olivia isn't to make her stronger, it's to make the enemy stronger so you get more points.