Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I want Nintendo to make a bathroom mat that will allow wireless charging when playing Switch on the toilet, using my body as a conductor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I SWEAR TO GOD I am not buying Skyrim again.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I wouldn't mind a vc release of Tales of Symphonia. How was the pc version?

It's one of the worst pc ports of a JP game. People tell me they fixed some of it, but when I tried it still ran like garbage.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Phantasium posted:

It's one of the worst pc ports of a JP game. People tell me they fixed some of it, but when I tried it still ran like garbage.

I wonder if it's just as bad as the Little King's Story port.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Yes, but what if it is on sale for $10 during a stores christmas sale?

Ho ho ho

But seriously I am tentatively excited for Skyrim Switch Edition because you'll have all these fang-dangled motion controls and you'll be able to dual fireball some motherfuckers with your joycons.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Infinitum posted:

Yes, but what if it is on sale for $10 during a stores christmas sale?

Ho ho ho

But seriously I am tentatively excited for Skyrim Switch Edition because you'll have all these fang-dangled motion controls and you'll be able to dual fireball some motherfuckers with your joycons.

Bethesda is so bad at ports and lazy I'll be surprised if the game actually runs undocked.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I don't mind the Skyrim port or whatever but what baffles me is that Nintendo thinks that announcing loving Skyrim in 2017 is something worth giving airtime to on their big reveal conference.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Pureauthor posted:

I don't mind the Skyrim port or whatever but what baffles me is that Nintendo thinks that announcing loving Skyrim in 2017 is something worth giving airtime to on their big reveal conference.

For super nerds its the first Portable Bethesda Title that may or maynot be crashing.
*I cant think of a caveat that covers better then lovely but not lovely.
man gently caress Fallout shelter

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Inzombiac posted:

Stop lying to yourself... You know you're buying Skyrim: Terlit Tyme Edition

Accept your fate

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zelda gewns, is Oracle of Seasons and Ages 2 halves of one big story? Or can I play 1 without worrying too much about the other?

I finish Links Awakening last night and wanna play something Zelda related in the :siren: 13 days :siren: we have until launch

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Zelda gewns, is Oracle of Seasons and Ages 2 halves of one big story? Or can I play 1 without worrying too much about the other?

I finish Links Awakening last night and wanna play something Zelda related in the :siren: 13 days :siren: we have until launch

They are separated but if you password into whichever one you do second it links the stories. So grab it next and if you want more do the other.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

zenintrude posted:

Stop lying to yourself... You know you're buying Skyrim: Terlit Tyme Edition

Accept your fate

I won't buy Skyrim for the first time

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
It's kind of crazy how when Skyrim first dropped it blew my mind and consumed my life for three months.

Now that poo poo doesn't hold up at all. lol at making it a "man, what game."

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'd probably die and go to heaven if the switch starts getting 3ds ports.

Ugh new majoras mask alone on a big screen :kimchi:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/832704703544778752

What Nintendo makes
SegaSony takes

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

apropos of nothing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Patents don't mean anything

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why waste money on innovating when Nintendo does it for you

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

bowmore posted:

Why waste money on innovating when Nintendo does it for you

patent was filed in 2015...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Strong Sauce posted:

patent was filed in 2015...

And the concept of mobile phones having attachable controllers in this fashion have been around longer than that too.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for Sony to implement this patent, just like the patent that requires you to yell the name of the advertiser before you can continue with your content...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

PerrineClostermann posted:

I can't wait for Sony to implement this patent, just like the patent that requires you to yell the name of the advertiser before you can continue with your content...

McDonald's \o/

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I wonder how clever the switch is about being undocked while connected to a game using a LAN adapter.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

:lol: This pretty much justifies 1 2 Switch.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Whoever organised my avatar/tag combination, I really appreciate it! I've never had anything neat like this on all my years on SA! Thanks!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sw-swoon

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Something I wonder - do you guys think there's any chance that we might see a Switch successor very early, like in 2019 or 2020? I got to thinking about how, generally, consumers wouldn't accept such a thing because they wouldn't want to pay for a whole new console after only a couple of years, but in this case, Nintendo would be capable of making a Super Switch device with upgraded internals and capabilities, but with the same form factor and full compatibility with the Switch's games, dock, Joy-Cons, Pro Controller, etc. People could trade in their Switch tablet to buy a full Super Switch pack and use both sets of accessories, or even to get a Super Switch tablet for only, say, $99-149, which would make the whole thing way more palatable.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

The Bloop posted:

It might be a fevered dream of mine, but I am 99% certain they discussed this sometime in the all-day treehouse stream.

They absolutely did say it's as simple as slotting them in and pulling them back out.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

Something I wonder - do you guys think there's any chance that we might see a Switch successor very early, like in 2019 or 2020? I got to thinking about how, generally, consumers wouldn't accept such a thing because they wouldn't want to pay for a whole new console after only a couple of years, but in this case, Nintendo would be capable of making a Super Switch device with upgraded internals and capabilities, but with the same form factor and full compatibility with the Switch's games, dock, Joy-Cons, Pro Controller, etc. People could trade in their Switch tablet to buy a full Super Switch pack and use both sets of accessories, or even to get a Super Switch tablet for only, say, $99-149, which would make the whole thing way more palatable.

Yes, but to me, the regular 3DS is still a viable system, with good games coming out, so I'm not too worried about a New Switch coming in a few years. It would be nice to get a Super Switch by itself, outside of any bundles, but I can't help but think the standalone console will be hard to find.

Also, I just realised that the Switch, without joycons resembles an in-car GPS very, very closely.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BreakAtmo posted:

With the way every console manufacturer is behaving these days, combined with the modular nature of the Switch, I'd be more surprised if there wasn't a Switch Pro in approximately two years. I'd embrace it if there was a tablet-only SKU that worked with the existing dock and Joy-Cons, but I'd be kinda bummed if they only put out a full-priced bundle. It'll probably be a bundle. I'm a dum-dum for Nintendo poo poo so I'll probably buy it anyway.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
will probably need some fresh joycons in two years

Nov 24, 2014

Don't worry they'll put out a "NEW" Switch and it'll cost about the same but won't come with power / dock / grip / etc.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

will probably need some fresh joycons in two years

We might get some FRESH joycons this summer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Coming out with a more powerful tablet and maybe even a dock that does something more than just acts like a pass through would be a good idea, if I do say so, and I do

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gorgolflox posted:

Coming out with a more powerful tablet and maybe even a dock that does something more than just acts like a pass through would be a good idea, if I do say so, and I do

I actually think it would be a mistake if it happened any time soon. They'd have to wait at least a year if not two or they risk product confusion and frustration.

They can do an expansion-pack thing that is clearly an upgrade at a later time, which might be a good holdover before releasing a new console.

It really might come down to the numbers after a certain amount of time. They should be able to tell from software sales and usage reports if Switch got a better penetration into the home console or the portable market, as this will likely make the difference in what upgrades are worthwhile.

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light
I think it's more likely that they'll make a Switch Lite. No dock, non-detachable Joycons and not quite as powerful, but only 200-ish. Perfect for children and people who are only going to play it on commutes and such.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Switch Lite seems like a good idea for mini-rooftop Switch parties with your abandoned dogs and driving minivans to places

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It also looks like the Switch comes with a charging grip in the box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVa1MB90PU

So I might just cancel my preorder I had on it, as I can just charge my second set of joycons while it's docked and play with my primary set.

Don't think it'll be a hard to find item post launch anyway.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Infinitum posted:

It also looks like the Switch comes with a charging grip in the box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVa1MB90PU

So I might just cancel my preorder I had on it, as I can just charge my second set of joycons while it's docked and play with my primary set.

Don't think it'll be a hard to find item post launch anyway.

That's the non charging grip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i just watched some snipper clips gameplay for the first time and it doesnt look that good honestly. the puzzles seem pretty simplistic

• Locked thread