Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah but his father is a murderer.

He was a helicopter parent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Years ago I set up a livestream of the best of Triple H and had to admit most of them were good but he had good workers at the time to put him over.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Triple H never did for anyone what Foley did for him. gently caress that guy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DoctorGonzo posted:

Triple H never did for anyone what Foley did for him. gently caress that guy.

I don't want anyone to do what Foley did for other people

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Phenix Rising posted:

Whether you love him or you hate him, you gotta respect this tweet from Triple H.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/832603186611548160

He makes his enormous dog ride in the trunk?

Also, I love the implication that HHH hasn't done anything nearly as bad as his Reign of Doom since then. That new DX poo poo with him and Shawn had a few good moments but was largely the absolute worst, most-cringeworthy garbage ever. I stopped watching for quite awhile during that run. For every really good thing HHH has done, he's got something equally as awful on the other side of the ledger.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Wasn't it reported that HHH hated that Landis wrestling video until it went viral and then all of a sudden he was all about it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chromatic posted:

Wasn't it reported that HHH hated that Landis wrestling video until it went viral and then all of a sudden he was all about it

Didn't this also happen with The Wrestler? Like, everyone in WWE was supposed to hate that movie until it got legit Oscar buzz, and then they couldn't get Mickey Rourke on Raw fast enough.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

He makes his enormous dog ride in the trunk?

Also, I love the implication that HHH hasn't done anything nearly as bad as his Reign of Doom since then. That new DX poo poo with him and Shawn had a few good moments but was largely the absolute worst, most-cringeworthy garbage ever. I stopped watching for quite awhile during that run. For every really good thing HHH has done, he's got something equally as awful on the other side of the ledger.
Did you miss

That was a fun GDT

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Chris James 2 posted:

Did you miss

That was a fun GDT

I've seen it after the fact, but I can't remember if I was actively watching much at the time. Poor Wade Barruh.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Chris James 2 posted:

Did you miss

That was a fun GDT

:argh:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
HHH is cool as poo poo. My favorite recent moment is when a storyline-concussed Trips still managed to dig deep and beat a freshly repackaged Curtis Axel, just a meaningless win over someone they were just starting to heat up, so he could show everyone he was still The Game even if Brock beat his rear end

E: actually I'm misremembering and Axel wins by technicalities, but all of the focus went to HHH. Such a smart mind for the biz

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 18, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chris James 2 posted:

Did you miss

That was a fun GDT

The cerebral assassin

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Oh yeah, the match that ended with Triple H beating up Axel at ringside and throwing him into the ring, then going into a five minute "Whoa I'm concussed" bit and presumably being counted out while Axel was never seen again

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I've legitimately never liked Triple H.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I appreciate Triple H because he exposed me and probably a whole generation of wrestling fans to the overproducted, corporate mandated "fan favorite" archetype.

Without him, the Punks and Bryans wouldn't have been nearly as subversive and eventually embraced.

Triple H is great because a lot of guys aren't Triple H.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

EugeneJ posted:

He was a helicopter parent

Nice.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The only true measure of a wrestlers greatness is how many nicknames they give themselves

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

*starts multipage derail about his dad being a murderer*

probably more manslaughterer tbh

Benne posted:

Didn't this also happen with The Wrestler? Like, everyone in WWE was supposed to hate that movie until it got legit Oscar buzz, and then they couldn't get Mickey Rourke on Raw fast enough.

I think I heard the same things back in 08. The story from what I can remember was that Vince and other top WWE guys were paranoid that it would show the dark side of the wrestling business and people would make the connection and see that's how a lot of former stars that Vince employed in the 80's were living(drugs, bad living situations, poor health), if not that than not far from it anyway.

Then Vince embraced it because he's a junkie for mainstream attention.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 18, 2017

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chromatic posted:

I can't really point out why but for some reason I really don't like that man. Just something about him.

I don't know who he is but he has the look of a million interchangeable Youtube stars that land sponsorships.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The best HHH story is

"AM I loving GOING OVER?"

Sums him up perfectly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

i watched through the entirety of the Reign of Doom and I don't hate HHH because that was like 15 loving years ago and he's been a part of a lot of stuff since then and actively put guys I like over both directly and indirectly so actually I don't care because I have better things to do with my time and energy.

Hey remember when HHH tried to convince people after the fact that he was the single most important member of DX and not HBK/New Age Outlaws/loving Chyna???

Hey remember when HHH tried to convince people after the fact that he was just as big a deal as The Rock and Steve Austin despite being an afterthought at their peak and only coming into his own when one of them stepped away?

Hey remember 2000-2010?

Hey remember when DX finally put over the Legacy?

Hey remember when HHH finally put Orton over at WM25?

Hey remember when HHH saw how hot Punk's angles had been and decided he wanted in on it too?

Hey remember when HHH saw how amazing the HBK/Taker matches were and decided he wanted in on it too?

Hey remember when HHH faced Brock Lesnar and tried to get the tearful farewell after a poo poo match?

Hey remember when HHH fought Sting and thought instead of a Sting comeback victory everybody wanted to see the loving geriatric NWO fight the retirement center DX, while HHH came out on top for no reason?

Hey remember when HHH faced Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania and was ineffective at getting the crowd to cheer for him and also put on a bad match and also let his wife do more to help Reigns than he did?

Foochs. HHH was bad, is bad, will be bad. Everyone is welcome to like him, but he will never win my heart. He is like a Goldberg to me. A GOLDBERG!:qq:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He also buried Hurricane

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

oldpainless posted:

He also buried Hurricane

The prosecution loving rests, Your Honor.:smug:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

HHH is a fart who got pushed like a lollipop so everyone thinks he's a poop

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
HHH is the King of Kings, you fuckin' plebs.

Show him and his sledgehammer some respect.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

oldpainless posted:

He also buried Hurricane

Literally the loving week after The Rock put him over in a huge upset before leaving for Hollywood again. If the brand extension didn't exist back then HHH probably would have just beaten him on Smackdown.

That still gets me pissed.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The Hurricane incident was and still is inexcusable.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
HHH is Bono and HBK is Brian Eno.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The_Rob posted:

HHH is Bono and HBK is Brian Eno.

Kevin Nash is David Byrne.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

HHH is Triss and HBK is Yen

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Settle down, Beavis.

I'm fine with people disliking or even hating HHH as long as they acknowledge they have selective memories about it. I don't even LIKE HHH that much but people acting like he was born on third and thinks he hit a triple are being really intellectually dishonest.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
HHH was a guy who was driven but was never that cool or creative. He had a bunch of friends who were talented and cool and he used it to leverage a longer and more profitable career. He really is the bono of pro wrestling.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

i watched through the entirety of the Reign of Doom and I don't hate HHH because that was like 15 loving years ago and he's been a part of a lot of stuff since then and actively put guys I like over both directly and indirectly so actually I don't care because I have better things to do with my time and energy.

I was just trying to explain why people would still hate him. It's cool that you don't. I don't hate him either.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Wait didn't HHH beat Randy with the sledgehammer at WM 25 with JR getting pissed that he stooped so low?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Settle down, Beavis.

I'm fine with people disliking or even hating HHH as long as they acknowledge they have selective memories about it. I don't even LIKE HHH that much but people acting like he was born on third and thinks he hit a triple are being really intellectually dishonest.

He smells funny and is really dumb.

Also I totally forgot to bring up the King Booker stuff which....yeesh. Stands out enough to separate it from 2000-2010.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Foochs I thought we talked about you telling people to calm down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anyone who calms down right now is a little fucker. Gain rage immediately or face the consequence of smally doing a gently caress

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That DICK! posted:

HHH is Triss and HBK is Yen

Triple H is the Crones.

Also remember when HHH wanted to face Punk at WM and told him to not worry because a HHH Match is a main event Match?

What im trying to say Samuraifoochs: Let us hate in Peace: God.Dammit!!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 18, 2017

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone post the wm19 time passing "hooks the leg!" picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

anyone who calms down right now is a little fucker. Gain rage immediately or face the consequence of smally doing a gently caress

HHH IS NOT COOL OR A BADASS AND THE MÖTORHEAD SONGS HE GAVE TO HIMSELF loving SUCKS*

*Except the demo of Evolutions theme.

• Locked thread