Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Countblanc posted:

shred eagle definitely died on set and is definitely a ghost which will appear in approximately 17 years.

I was thinking about this but I rather have him be alive and retired so zack could phone in the crazy mentor hermit trope at one point~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The alien girl is oddly adorable and still has not said her name...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That scooter was just a handlebar and a single wheel. A uni-scooter, the most extreme of all rides.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Twibbit posted:

The alien girl is oddly adorable and still has not said her name...

Prediction: Neither we nor Max will ever know her name. She's just that plain.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

More appearances of Max's Permanently Obscured Friends!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Also, he has a 10 page comic now available to buy?

quote:

Hey guys! I'm going to be away from home and my computer through next week, so the next two updates will be art or something similar I can do on the road, short comics, etc. Thank you guys for your patience! Normal pages will start back up again on Friday the 17th.

Also also, if you want more comics by me, I just put up my short comic, Loop, for sale! It's ten pages of time travel and sibling rivalry with some fun narrative/form gimmicks, so if that sounds like it's up your alley, please consider buying it and supporting me and my work! You can get it here.

And take a look at its cover below!

Someone tell me if it's any good.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Countblanc posted:

shred eagle definitely died on set and is definitely a ghost which will appear in approximately 17 years.
Remember when Max was asking how long ghosts stuck around? Not looking for his mom.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Who What Now posted:

That scooter was just a handlebar and a single wheel. A uni-scooter, the most extreme of all rides.

Nah, seems to just be a garden variety biscoot

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ThaumPenguin posted:

Nah, seems to just be a garden variety biscoot

Don't ruin my dreams.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wow she's actually a medium for some sort of cat spirit

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
The speech bubble overlay when Max is quoting Shred Eagle is pretty smooth.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Okay I'm going to stop bitching about introducing new characters/ideas instead of advancing the plot if it means we get a lot more of SHRED EAGLE EXTREME

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love this comic so loving much :allears:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Max and Perfectly Unremarkable Girl have a pretty good dynamic. I can see why they've become friends several times already that Max keeps forgetting about.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"and i wanted to try having huge squid eyes, i'm glad we got to exchange comfort zones for a panel there"
So until she gets an actual name, she's gonna be Squid Kid.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

"and i wanted to try having huge squid eyes, i'm glad we got to exchange comfort zones for a panel there"
So until she gets an actual name, she's gonna be Squid Kid.
You're a kid now, you're a squid now...

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

GlyphGryph posted:

Also, he has a 10 page comic now available to buy?

Someone tell me if it's any good.

It's okay. Has a gimmick that I don't see working in a PDF, though.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

As long as you use a tablet or a light laptop, locked onto on side so it doesn't change with you, its easy enough to turn it upside down to read

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There are shortcuts to rotate the screen display on a computer, too. By default, alt+ctrl+arrow keys.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Cat Mattress posted:

There are shortcuts to rotate the screen display on a computer, too. By default, alt+ctrl+arrow keys.

This is graphics driver dependent.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I saw a review of Serial Experiments Lain and Lain's eyes reminded me of Max's new friend and now I can't help but wonder if Zack's ever seen that show. Also I've mentally started calling friend girl Weight Lain.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
hold up what is that skeleton in max's flashback

Akett posted:

I saw a review of Serial Experiments Lain and Lain's eyes reminded me of Max's new friend and now I can't help but wonder if Zack's ever seen that show. Also I've mentally started calling friend girl Weight Lain.

There is a <1% chance that anime fan Zack Morrison has not seen Lain.

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 9, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I mean I don't want to just assume he's seen something. I quite like anime myself and I've only seen like two episodes of Lain.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update while Zack is on vacation.

That dude's old.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alt Text: gorfs not to scale

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And we're back. (Also there was a second vacation update I didn't link because I kind of figured someone else would eventually.)

Expressions!

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 17, 2017

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
If Max turns himself in does he get the diamond hall pass

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

The drinks are named after school supplies. Good god, I need to steal this idea.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

neogeo0823 posted:

The drinks are named after school supplies. Good god, I need to steal this idea.

listen I think there's very good odds here that is a literal liquified eraser mixed with actual glitter glue just saying

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Before I compared the pacing to Bleach. Think I should revise that.

We're now at Strong Female Protagonist.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The individual pages are actually good and funny though

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Oxxidation posted:

god help us all if max decides to take a philosophy class

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Guys, I don't know if you've heard, but I think the pacing's slow!

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
At this point I hope the punchline of the blackmail plotline is Max just turns himself in. Because could bus-jumping punishment really be worse than the fifteen layers of middle school anime bullshit he's found himself in

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Well, as long as we don't hit Darksiders 2, I think we're good.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kabanaw posted:

At this point I hope the punchline of the blackmail plotline is Max just turns himself in. Because could bus-jumping punishment really be worse than the fifteen layers of middle school anime bullshit he's found himself in

Come on man, you know better than this. If he turns himself in there'll be a prison detention breakout plot where all his nakama come and rescue him from the world government student council.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Slime posted:

Come on man, you know better than this. If he turns himself in there'll be a prison detention breakout plot where all his nakama come and rescue him from the world government student council.

RIP max

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
when is max going to get to elf island

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

He'll be fine, all his friends will come and they'll summon their personas spirits and everything will turn out okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I hope the result of this is "gently caress it, detention can't be any worse then being blackmailed three times over"