Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wonder if that means no gargantuan previewed or no gargantuan ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Some of the classic grymkin there, at least. Shame they'll never release new models, since it would have been cool to see Gristle and Flay as characters.

Did anyone else catch the name of the skinless scythe beast? Skin And Moans? That's a strip club name if I ever heard one.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

!Klams posted:

Goblins on hobby horseback, Small based cavalry with armor piercing!

Piggybacks have tough, impervious flesh, snacking and shield wall, super hard to get off the table.

Madcaps are a weapon crew of alcoholics, makes a solo that runs speed plus D6, except on a 6 they explode, that explode on contact with something and knocks them down. Possibly has stumbling drunk. When you kill the crew a random aoe goes off as the still explodes.

Which I think the fanciful is out of place in warmachine if they kept the whole faction like that it would have worked. With legion and cryx people don't need to explain missing people. But they can come up with all sorts of dumb poo poo like why cold wind feels cutting (because these weasel yokai cut you and then heal the wound for shits and giggles.) But then there's those two warbeast models we saw the rag man and the swole cage guy. And those nightmare creatures are less nightmarish than actual things that exist in the setting.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Shield wall and impervious flesh :getin:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Wow hollowmen look really good

And also make me think of Entombed, so double good

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
So instead of feats, each warlock gets 3 abilities with contextual triggers. One ability is pre-selected from the pool based on the warlock, and the other two are chosen from the pool by the player? Kinda like a low-rent version of the upgrade system from Malifaux? That could be reasonably interesting. Especially since they select their two abilities after hearing the scenario, seeing the table, knowing the other faction, and even list selection.

A limited release faction seems a lot more palatable with dynamic updates. PP has always been GW levels of complete poo poo at balance when it came to inter-faction balance, so usually 2/3rd of anything they released was a trap you shouldn't buy or waste your time painting, and you always had 1/3rd of the options you were theoretically supposed to have. So having a conveyor belt of new releases was the only way to realistically hope to cherry pick out an interesting set of options, eventually. But with dynamic updates, there is the hope that eventually all six warlocks might actually be good options, and six good options is actually more options that a lot of factions have. If anything, limited release means you are protected against PP selling you something bad and then trying to sell you something new instead of actually fixing the bad thing they sold you.

Not that this faction will stay limited release with Jason Gerbil-Skull-Ascot Soles around.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Which I think the fanciful is out of place in warmachine if they kept the whole faction like that it would have worked. With legion and cryx people don't need to explain missing people. But they can come up with all sorts of dumb poo poo like why cold wind feels cutting (because these weasel yokai cut you and then heal the wound for shits and giggles.) But then there's those two warbeast models we saw the rag man and the swole cage guy. And those nightmare creatures are less nightmarish than actual things that exist in the setting.

I know what you mean, but actually the feel of it is not nightmarish, so much as, manifestations of bad dreams? Like it does all feel a bit 'giddy' rather than nightmarish in the sense of like the cryx character jack nightmare, if you get what I'm trying to say? Like each of the warlocks are all distorting reality around them in some way, so them being out of kilter with the other factions kind of works.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

!Klams posted:

I know what you mean, but actually the feel of it is not nightmarish, so much as, manifestations of bad dreams? Like it does all feel a bit 'giddy' rather than nightmarish in the sense of like the cryx character jack nightmare, if you get what I'm trying to say? Like each of the warlocks are all distorting reality around them in some way, so them being out of kilter with the other factions kind of works.

I think I could see that. The rag man kind of had weird proportions I think. But they would have to try harder in that direction too. The cage guy beast just looks like some large dude with cages.

Cyclomatic posted:

Kinda like a low-rent version of the upgrade system from Malifaux?

Christ, mechanics too?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Heh, remember when warmachine ripped off having to roll to hit the enemy from warhammer?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Don't you only roll against your own accuracy in warhammer?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Woooooosh

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Christ, mechanics too?

Come on, the entire faction is blatant Malifaux envy from Soles.

PP at large seems to have Malifaux envy, as even the new steamroller sounds like it is trying to be much closer to Malifaux's Gaining Grounds, with higher scoring and limited turns. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a knock-off of the scheme pool in steamroller 2018.

Not that is a bad thing, since Malifaux is more or less just a Better Product than WM/H if the player is OK with skirmish sized games.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I don't really know anything about Malifaux other than horror stories about early game imbalance from my friend. Mark 1 was an absolute poo poo show too, of course.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Will gremlin swarms be usable by them?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Cyris get 0 Mercs right?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

!Klams posted:

when she dies everything (wherever it is) in your army gets +1 mat and strength for a turn.

Blubber cub.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Cyris get 0 Mercs right?

Yep.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Cyclomatic posted:

Come on, the entire faction is blatant Malifaux envy from Soles.

PP at large seems to have Malifaux envy, as even the new steamroller sounds like it is trying to be much closer to Malifaux's Gaining Grounds, with higher scoring and limited turns. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a knock-off of the scheme pool in steamroller 2018.

Not that is a bad thing, since Malifaux is more or less just a Better Product than WM/H if the player is OK with skirmish sized games.

You really should look into Jason Soles. The man has been a weirdo for this aesthetic since before Malifaux existed. Find his deviantart page it's full of tiny bird skull poo poo too. It's alot less let me rip off Malifaux and alot more "gently caress DC and that faction he made, I'm gonna make a whole better faction out of poo poo I like"

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah, aesthetically, Malifaux doesn't really do anything particularly original, it just does it well.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Not gonna lie if this visual trasheap gets a lot more love and attention than the actually awesome Convergence I will be super salty. Why did DC have to go and Soles have to stay :(

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

AttackBacon posted:

Not gonna lie if this visual trasheap gets a lot more love and attention than the actually awesome Convergence I will be super salty. Why did DC have to go and Soles have to stay :(

Because Soles is a part owner and DC challenged him too much.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

:stare:

There's a bunch of stuff I like and the Arcana stuff sounds cool, but I wasn't aware it'd come with this much drama.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Stop engaging with professional shitposter crybaby cyclomatic you guys. He only posts to rage about a game he doesn't play, like our own low rent Broken Loose.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Kithkar posted:

Because Soles is a part owner and DC challenged him too much.

*citation needed

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
"Low rent Broken Loose" omg that's loving savage.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

"Low rent Broken Loose" omg that's loving savage.

god :drat:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

2017 Americas' Team Championship lists are live!

https://conflictchamber.com/#atclists

Discuss!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rydiafan posted:

2017 Americas' Team Championship lists are live!

https://conflictchamber.com/#atclists

Discuss!

Ugh, those troll lists are giving me some good ideas. Especially the Calandra double champs theme list.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Menoth in a pretty good state with a variety of stuff taken. I wanna play that all--the-solos Harbinger list. Kreoss 3 and Kreoss1 surging right up.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hey look I painted something not-Trollbloods

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

Fair enough. In the future I'll stop poo poo posting about how PP likely needs a 3rd edition that actually addresses things like weak warjack core rules, internal faction balance, the need for an active update schedule to fix model balance and other stuff like that. Clearly fire and warcaster mechanics being dumb and shallow water being dumb was just me being irrational about something that will never change because it just felt great and was awesome rules design that will stand the test of time. I was entirely full of poo poo for being frustrated with purification. Talking about how other games do pre-measuring was just irrelevant insanity.

I'll accept that events have proven my opinions completely wrong and entirely irrelevant. Clearly none of that stuff was ever a problem, will always be wholly irrelevant to WM/H as a product, and never should have been talked about because everything was great and perfect.

I'll accept that I'm entirely irrational for being unhappy at the internal faction balance of my Circle models, and I'm full of bullshit to say I'm unhappy that it doesn't feel like Retribution in terms of model options. I'm a giant crybaby because I don't want to paint storm lances due to just not liking their models and cav units not being fun to paint, because I have a ton of other painted Cygnar infantry that PP sold me and I put effort into painting and they are equally valid options. Putting stormguard on the table is pure fun and super effective against people practicing for tournaments, and Cygnar players using strom lances are just narrow minded fools who can't see the bigger picture. My dislike for Haley2's and Haley3's model does not realistically affect me in an appreciable way in this game due to those being just 2 out of 18 valid and well balanced warcaster options available to that faction. My painted Kraye, that I love the model for, feels just awesome on the table compared to Haley2 and Haley3, and I'm 100% full of poo poo if I say otherwise.

I am entirely wrong if I shake my fist sometimes (OK, more than sometimes) because I bought a fair amount of Circle and Cygnar and I tend towards painting models that I like the look of. It is not possible that there might be a reason I tend shake my fist about the state of the product that PP has delivered. It is not a problem that I own Circle and Cygnar, and I like to play with painted models, and I like to generally paint the models that look cool to me. There is no reason I might have a tendency to be in a bad mood about PP. I am entirely wrong for being happy when PP does things like making me no longer irritated that PP sold me a grenadier or the sentry stones that I spent time painting for example. If that happened to all the models they sold me and I painted, then it absolutely would not change my opinions. I am just a big stupid victim who deserves what I got for walking up to a shelf of PP products, picking cool looking things like big burly goats and vicious double headed dogs, spending the time to do a nice paint job, and then building lists from my painted models. That is an entirely stupid way to interact with a product line. I'm 100% at fault here for the outcome of interacting with the product like that. The product isn't wrong, I am wrong, therefore I am wrong to even try to articulate frustrating faults with the faultless product. I am wrong to feel attachment to the game due to all the cool looking models I have spent time painting, and should not look at and comment on things like a new faction with a potential new design direction, that absolutely could not be inspired by other games in a way that address anything that I am irrationally irked about as the game is faultless.

My bad.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Cyclomatic posted:

Fair enough. In the future I'll stop poo poo posting about how PP likely needs a 3rd edition that actually addresses things like weak warjack core rules, internal faction balance, the need for an active update schedule to fix model balance and other stuff like that. Clearly fire and warcaster mechanics being dumb and shallow water being dumb was just me being irrational about something that will never change because it just felt great and was awesome rules design that will stand the test of time. I was entirely full of poo poo for being frustrated with purification. Talking about how other games do pre-measuring was just irrelevant insanity.

I'll accept that events have proven my opinions completely wrong and entirely irrelevant. Clearly none of that stuff was ever a problem, will always be wholly irrelevant to WM/H as a product, and never should have been talked about because everything was great and perfect.

I'll accept that I'm entirely irrational for being unhappy at the internal faction balance of my Circle models, and I'm full of bullshit to say I'm unhappy that it doesn't feel like Retribution in terms of model options. I'm a giant crybaby because I don't want to paint storm lances due to just not liking their models and cav units not being fun to paint, because I have a ton of other painted Cygnar infantry that PP sold me and I put effort into painting and they are equally valid options. Putting stormguard on the table is pure fun and super effective against people practicing for tournaments, and Cygnar players using strom lances are just narrow minded fools who can't see the bigger picture. My dislike for Haley2's and Haley3's model does not realistically affect me in an appreciable way in this game due to those being just 2 out of 18 valid and well balanced warcaster options available to that faction. My painted Kraye, that I love the model for, feels just awesome on the table compared to Haley2 and Haley3, and I'm 100% full of poo poo if I say otherwise.

I am entirely wrong if I shake my fist sometimes (OK, more than sometimes) because I bought a fair amount of Circle and Cygnar and I tend towards painting models that I like the look of. It is not possible that there might be a reason I tend shake my fist about the state of the product that PP has delivered. It is not a problem that I own Circle and Cygnar, and I like to play with painted models, and I like to generally paint the models that look cool to me. There is no reason I might have a tendency to be in a bad mood about PP. I am entirely wrong for being happy when PP does things like making me no longer irritated that PP sold me a grenadier or the sentry stones that I spent time painting for example. If that happened to all the models they sold me and I painted, then it absolutely would not change my opinions. I am just a big stupid victim who deserves what I got for walking up to a shelf of PP products, picking cool looking things like big burly goats and vicious double headed dogs, spending the time to do a nice paint job, and then building lists from my painted models. That is an entirely stupid way to interact with a product line. I'm 100% at fault here for the outcome of interacting with the product like that. The product isn't wrong, I am wrong, therefore I am wrong to even try to articulate frustrating faults with the faultless product. I am wrong to feel attachment to the game due to all the cool looking models I have spent time painting, and should not look at and comment on things like a new faction with a potential new design direction, that absolutely could not be inspired by other games in a way that address anything that I am irrationally irked about as the game is faultless.

My bad.

Nice meltdown!!!!111

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

I was going to copy it pre-edit, thanks for beating me to it.

The highest effort shitpost to date. :allears:

In other news, someone is bringing Xerxis2 and Morghoul2 pairing. It looks great tbh.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Makeda1 + Hydra is freakin nasty. Ran into it a weekend or two ago. 5 initials + additional attacks + jackhammer is just nasty as heck.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

I've been running eXerxis with Hydra, SPD 7 MAT 8 [or pow 20, depending]. Hydra is good with a surprising number of casters.

Though I'm probably going to recreate Rob Woodrum's X2 list to try out. I'm not sold on his eMorg list though. I can see what he's going for, I just can't shake the feeling that sentinels aren't going to do it.

Edit: :ducksiren:ATC CHAMPIONSHIP LIST WITH A RHINODON AND 3 SAVAGES IN IT:ducksiren:
What a time to be alive.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cyclomatic posted:

My bad.

Sir this is a McDonald's drive thru

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo definitely not reading that but I can only assume it is amazing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fyrbrand posted:

Eh

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Fyrbrand posted:

It's nothing special. Just some goon that let things get a little too personal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I think he posts on the official skorne forums