Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gen X liberals still love him. Bill Maher hasn't been worth watching for a long time. He has a zinger here and there, but his show always feels late to the party.

I'm not crazy about him, or his show, but he's still genuinely a good comedian. Eventually HBO will cancel him, but I'd like to see someone like Jon Stewart take his place with a roundtable type show. A man can dream...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the us border cop also collected all their poo poo that was strewn around and handed it off to the canadians, so it isnt like hes some huge rear end in a top hat

I just noticed the dude has his rear end hanging out of his pants in one of the pictures

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Trump's nominee for SecNav, Philip Bilden, is withdrawing.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump's nominee for SecNav, Philip Bilden, is withdrawing.

So where are we standing right now for withdrawals from military nominations? So far it seems like they're dropping like flies left to right, and while it's simple enough to see why Harward and Petraeus would decline a seat as NSA director for all the incredibly suspect requirements the Trump administration is forcing on them, seeing Army and Navy sitting unattended is forcing me to consider what else is going on behind the scenes, assuming these candidates aren't just trying to save face.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I wonder what war the administration is planning to start as soon as those seats are filled...

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
We are already at war, the battlefields merely change.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Woof Blitzer posted:

We are already at war, the battlefields merely change.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
There is only war

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Blood for the Blood God
Skulls for the Skull Throne

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Breaking News!

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/833003019683901440

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I think this is the first leak from Comey's senate meeting. THREE different FBI probes ongoing about Russia.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/833023124321005568

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Headline on Monday: Comey resigns

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I've always hated Bill Maher because he's really ignorant.

Isn't he an anti-vaxxer too?

Also I found this picture of Milo Yiannopoudopplepoppleous wearing an Iron Cross necklace.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

quote:

This counterintelligence inquiry includes but is not limited to examination of financial transactions by Russian individuals and companies who are believed to have links to Trump associates. The transactions under scrutiny involve investments by Russians in overseas entities that appear to have been undertaken through middlemen and front companies, two people briefed on the probe said.

Nothing to see here.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That's actually just the lowest level weapons qual badge in the ar--

Wait a sec :stare:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Sergg posted:

Also I found this picture of Milo Yiannopoudopplepoppleous wearing an Iron Cross necklace.

LOVES TO SUCK BLACK DICK

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TBeats posted:

Headline on Monday: Comey resigns

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/833034519141814272

Quick read is that an NSC aide (NSC's senior director for Western Hemisphere Affairs) went full "gently caress this poo poo" at a closed-door think tank, Donnie found out, and fired him. Fired aide "gave a detailed and embarrassing readout of Trump's call with Mexican president Enrique Pena Nieto"

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 18, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Sergg posted:

knights cross of the ironic cross

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/833034519141814272

Quick read is that an NSC aide (NSC's senior director for Western Hemisphere Affairs) went full "gently caress this poo poo" at a closed-door think tank, Donnie found out, and fired him. Fired aide "gave a detailed and embarrassing readout of Trump's call with Mexican president Enrique Pena Nieto"

Interesting to note is that the article states Trump is "interviewing candidates for his replacement this weekend at Mar-a-Lago", which roughly translates to "picking club members at random and asking if they'd like some free publicity."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I think it probably means he's bringing interviewees to his resort, not asking people who are already there.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I wonder who's going to be paying for that

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

I think it probably means he's bringing interviewees to his resort, not asking people who are already there.

:thejoke:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Godholio posted:

I wouldn't have trouble believing it either way tbh

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

While Trump plays duck duck goose trying to find someone willing to put up with his bullshit, Pence is hanging out in Munich for the 2017 Munich Security Conference. This is possibly the most important security conference of the year, but basically nothing interesting is happening so far. Pence is reaffirming America's commitment to Europe and NATO, Jens Stoltenberg is yelling at Europeans to spend 2% on defense (which Italy and Germany are still bitching publicly about, the Italians claiming that investing in education is equivalent to defense spending-good job, guys), and Sergey Lavrov is talking about a "post-West world order" again. Laughably, he's also claiming that Moscow wants a "post-fake era" despite his country being the world's top exporter of state-sponsored propaganda and disinformation.

Pence also claimed that the Islamic State is the top threat to the West, which, you know, whatever. Deutsche Welle has been doing some decent coverage at http://www.dw.com/en/at-munich-security-conference-defense-ministers-mull-nato-future/a-37609339 (and then you can click on other links at the bottom). Finally,

quote:

Canadian Defense Minister Harjit Sajjan noted that "solidarity" and "interoperability" gave the alliance its character and ability to operate in unity, while Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isik said "uniting our forces is not a preference."

turkey remains terrible

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I dream of a world with no Russia.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Prop Wash posted:

While Trump plays duck duck goose trying to find someone willing to put up with his bullshit, Pence is hanging out in Munich for the 2017 Munich Security Conference. This is possibly the most important security conference of the year, but basically nothing interesting is happening so far. Pence is reaffirming America's commitment to Europe and NATO, Jens Stoltenberg is yelling at Europeans to spend 2% on defense (which Italy and Germany are still bitching publicly about, the Italians claiming that investing in education is equivalent to defense spending-good job, guys), and Sergey Lavrov is talking about a "post-West world order" again. Laughably, he's also claiming that Moscow wants a "post-fake era" despite his country being the world's top exporter of state-sponsored propaganda and disinformation.

Pence also claimed that the Islamic State is the top threat to the West, which, you know, whatever. Deutsche Welle has been doing some decent coverage at http://www.dw.com/en/at-munich-security-conference-defense-ministers-mull-nato-future/a-37609339 (and then you can click on other links at the bottom). Finally,

turkey remains terrible

Let's cut Turkey some slack here: you would sour too when uniting forces involves dragging your pilots out of bed to send them on a mission before throwing them back in jail.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

There are so many gold nuggets from that press conference, but this really sums up the leader of the free world nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibxb8GQrJo8

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

There are so many gold nuggets from that press conference, but this really sums up the leader of the free world nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibxb8GQrJo8

Basically, "do you know what uranium is? I don't, but some guy told me a little about it on the way here."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Richard Bong posted:

Basically, "do you know what uranium is? I don't, but some guy told me a little about it on the way here."

I heard it as more of a "gently caress I got a uranium presentation in my 6th grade science class in an hour"

*googles uranium*

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

There are so many gold nuggets from that press conference, but this really sums up the leader of the free world nicely. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibxb8GQrJo8

Meanwhile, in Canada, the PM responds to a question about quantum computing: https://youtu.be/Eak_ogYMprk

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

TheQuietWilds posted:

Meanwhile, in Canada, the PM responds to a question about quantum computing: https://youtu.be/Eak_ogYMprk

What Trump hears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone's favorite Blind Sheikh crapped out.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tradecenter-rahman-idUSKBN15X0KU?il=0

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rest In Piss

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
It took Obama 832 days to kill a WTC mastermind.

It only took Trump 29 days. :sad:

e: :troll:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zeris posted:

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This live-feed from the Trump rally is the best yet.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Trump Tower is advertising the security provided by the Secret Service as an amenity

quote:

Less than a week after Trump was elected, prominent New York real estate agency Douglas Elliman blasted out an email with the subject: “Fifth Avenue Buyers Interested in Secret Service Protection?” to advertise a $2.1 million, 1,052-square-foot condo in the tower on 721 Fifth Avenue.

“The New Aminity [sic] – The United States Secret Service,” screamed the flier sent in an email on Nov. 13 for a one-bedroom apartment on the 31st floor, represented by brokers Ariel Sassoon and Devin Leahy.

“The Best Value in the Most Secure Building in Manhattan,” it stated.

While there’s been a great deal of attention to how Trump plans to divest of his conflicts of interest, less attention has been applied to how business associates — including owners and marketers of his properties — may seek to profit from his new job in the White House.

Trump's family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

quote:

The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida since his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).

Conservative watchdog Judicial Watch estimated Mr Obama’s travel expenses totalled an average $12.1m in each of his eight years in the White House.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

that cannot be legal. right???

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Two Finger posted:

that cannot be legal. right???

Find someone willing to prosecute. :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom