Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Inhuman parents choose their child's superhero name first, and then make their real name work around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kokoro Wish posted:

Medusalith

Amaquelin

I hate you so much right now, Marvel.
Kirby's original vision was that inhumans had no name until terragenesis. They had no secret identities or "real" names because their whole culture and identity was built around gaining their powers, with genetic failures being shunted below Attilan as a nameless slave class.

Then some guy who thought he was better than Kirby thought they needed formal names because he was a loving moron, which coincidentally explains the quality of those names. Some sperg then put them in the handbook and they've been stuck with them ever since.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostlight posted:

Kirby's original vision was that inhumans had no name until terragenesis. They had no secret identities or "real" names because their whole culture and identity was built around gaining their powers, with genetic failures being shunted below Attilan as a nameless slave class.

Then some guy who thought he was better than Kirby thought they needed formal names because he was a loving moron, which coincidentally explains the quality of those names.

I thought the slave class was the Deviants.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Deviants were the flipside of the Eternals, another of Kirby's creations on the way to finally making the New Gods at DC.

The Inhuman slaves are Alpha Primitives.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

loving harsh bro

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostlight posted:

Deviants were the flipside of the Eternals, another of Kirby's creations on the way to finally making the New Gods at DC.

The Inhuman slaves are Alpha Primitives.

I miss Kirby.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It feels like ARMOR event is the best time to prestige since the rewards for actually killing stuff are so low compared to Odin/Cosmic.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

Medusalith

Amaquelin

wife of blackagar boltagon, mother of ahura boltagon

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Toshimo posted:

It feels like ARMOR event is the best time to prestige since the rewards for actually killing stuff are so low compared to Odin/Cosmic.
It would also be cool if there was a thing to spend ARMOR drives on now, I've got like 10000 of them and they don't even have the Cosmic Worldstone sink of bonus Doops (though those are arguably unnecessary now too, since you can unbind Urus).

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Is there even an xp bonus during armor though? I'd imagine Omega event with it's escalating exp bonus is still best for non cosmic prestiges. If that's even still a thing i guess, i haven't seen it since the big update.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

It would also be cool if there was a thing to spend ARMOR drives on now, I've got like 10000 of them and they don't even have the Cosmic Worldstone sink of bonus Doops (though those are arguably unnecessary now too, since you can unbind Urus).

I still need a ton of ARMOR drives because almost none of my guys have ARMOR cores, but since the number you get is so small without the bounty target, it feels like I should just start prestiging dudes and pop back to a 60 when I have 3 bounties and just run them real quick on red/green for cube shards before heading back into prestige mode.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

armored core gambling

for me its the only event worth farming the currency for

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Unless you have 10% xp, health on hit, 3k health and 100 spirit on medkit, +3 core stat, 50% health shield on medkit armored cores on everyone there is absolutely plenty to spend them on. So far I have yet to get a single useful catalyst in the last two events.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

health on hit kinda sucks now, too slow to deal with the mob damage output, only lemuria is good enough

3s invis is very useful now since it will break off snipe attacks you can't invul through anymore and it will make the bosses focus on your teamup so you can use all your unaware dr

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

ARMOR has runes for enchanting your uniques, which means you need five per character, and if you ever get better items you can't transfer them like blessings or now urus. The sink is real.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
New racon travel power on tc

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

malhavok posted:

Is there even an xp bonus during armor though? I'd imagine Omega event with it's escalating exp bonus is still best for non cosmic prestiges. If that's even still a thing i guess, i haven't seen it since the big update.
They said Omega was on the rework block and it was supposed to become a SHIELD event not connected with the Infinity system. What that means for its XP bonuses remains to be seen nerfed heavily

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jusupov posted:

New racon travel power on tc

HEIL

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Kokoro Wish posted:

Medusalith

Amaquelin

It's not as offensively bad as Black Bolt being actually Blackagar Boltagon

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Karnak's real name is Karl O'Nack

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm going to give this game a try. Mr. Fantastic is the best character right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Effy is pretty solid top tier.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I had forgotten I had played this before. There is so much junk on my character and stash! Captain America seems to be the guy i picked at first.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm going to give this game a try. Mr. Fantastic is the best character right?

He is the best father figure on the roster yes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mr Fabulous is the backbone of this game.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
He is surprisingly fun in my opinion. I can't say he's the best but he is my favorite sci-fi shooty guy at the moment. With optional ranged melee action!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kainser posted:

He is the best father figure on the roster yes.

Uh Carl Penelope Lucas

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Uh Carl Penelope Lucas

Yep. This is the correct answer. Lucas is the best.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Mr Fantastic is boring af as a playstyle and always has been and will be the most boring character concept ever

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

throwing out powerful traps, bouncing around with multiple crashdowns, and obliterating everything with a portable death star superlaser

I don't think he's boring at all now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fiddling around tonight I just ran around midtown because I have no clue about what i'm doing.

I guess I have Captain America, Storm, Dr. Strange, and Luke Cage. :/
I get wrecked a lot too.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

play Storm or Dr. Strange

do the story to level up, if you're at 60 on all your unlocked heroes start randoming more. If you don't have enough splinters yet, work on the event stuff, GLF missions, Daily missions, etc. and just play patrol modes to gear up your heroes with better items. Once you get enough splinters to random more heroes do so.

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 18, 2017

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Mr Fantastic is boring af as a playstyle and always has been and will be the most boring character concept ever

This opinion is as good as you are at getting all the tokens to get a t2 ticket in known poo poo game future fight.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

#chelarekt

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Gibbering Madness posted:

This opinion is as good as you are at getting all the tokens to get a t2 ticket in known poo poo game future fight.

At least I'm 1 for 3 there ok

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Ghost Rider's Hell on Wheels ability is the most amazing thing for bounty clears right now. I can finally farm terms again. It's hilarious how many SHIELD boxes you get from it. Had one today with epic loot that had a costume, tm token, punisher tu token, cosmic Essence of Dread, and other stuff I forget. Downside is you don't get a lot of credits or unstables this way.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

Ghost Rider's Hell on Wheels ability is the most amazing thing for bounty clears right now. I can finally farm terms again. It's hilarious how many SHIELD boxes you get from it. Had one today with epic loot that had a costume, tm token, punisher tu token, cosmic Essence of Dread, and other stuff I forget. Downside is you don't get a lot of credits or unstables this way.

I just got Angela, Arachne, a Psylocke Costume, another Cosmic ILAS (no affix but lol), a Perseus (you got a Casket too btw), a Surtur, and a fortune card (you did too). The epic drop is real, and it is amazing.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

scamming pubs out of their perfect purple rings

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What makes a perfect ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
What are the best looking flourishes? I kinda like the bifrost one. Oh and heroes for hire is also good