Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I get what you're saying but it's TNA

there is always another level they can sink to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grado would be the GM

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lardy Boyz for real.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why hasn't jeff jarrett hosed off forever already, did anyone in the span of his WCW/WWF/TNA career actually give a gently caress about him? I can't think of a single memorable thing he did besides constantly thinking he was hot poo poo. he's a C-Tier wrestler and a poo poo-tier promoter

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jarret is fine as a upper mid-carder, he's just not a main eventer.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MinibarMatchman posted:

why hasn't he hosed off forever already
Why does suffering exist?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

whiteyfats posted:

The Lardy Boyz for real.

I noticed that Matt had the exact same physique as Anony-ref, heh.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah jeff honestly isn't bad as a mid-card heel and most of his in-ring work is fine, but he should absolutely not be on top of a company

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I noticed that Matt had the exact same physique as Anony-ref, heh.
Personally I'm baffled as to what he's going for with the Frederick Douglass hairstyle.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MinibarMatchman posted:

why hasn't jeff jarrett hosed off forever already, did anyone in the span of his WCW/WWF/TNA career actually give a gently caress about him? I can't think of a single memorable thing he did besides constantly thinking he was hot poo poo. he's a C-Tier wrestler and a poo poo-tier promoter

This but with HHH.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorGonzo posted:

This but with HHH.

What? Triple H is one of the top ten money draws of all time.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

why hasn't jeff jarrett hosed off forever already, did anyone in the span of his WCW/WWF/TNA career actually give a gently caress about him?

Vince Russo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whiteyfats posted:

And he won the monday night wars and was better than HBK IN ALL THE WAYS!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorGonzo posted:

And he won the monday night wars and was better than HBK IN ALL THE WAYS!

I didn't say that. :staredog:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Whatever Jarrett does it can't be any worse than having the belt on loving Grado.
I'd happily have Grado as permanent life champion if it meant Jarrett and anything TNA related were kept far the gently caress away from World of Sport.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Jeff Jarrett helped launch a wrestling promotion that's been alive and on national television (for the most part) since 2002 and has somehow stayed alive by hook or by crook in a landscape where many others have failed. Now he's here again to take his creation back and soar to unfathomable hates. Stop the hate.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

TNA: soaring to unfathomable hates

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tato posted:

Jeff Jarrett helped launch a wrestling promotion that's been alive and on national television (for the most part) since 2002 and has somehow stayed alive by hook or by crook in a landscape where many others have failed. Now he's here again to take his creation back and soar to unfathomable hates. Stop the hate.

He's failed several times but still continues to find money marks

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Jeff Jarrett beating up a children's MMA class was pretty goddamn funny.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gorn Myson posted:

I'd happily have Grado as permanent life champion if it meant Jarrett and anything TNA related were kept far the gently caress away from World of Sport.

I'm the exact opposite - if Jarrett were to give Grado the Stroke into a pile of thumbtacks I'd watch every TNA show from now until they finally go under.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

whiteyfats posted:

HHH was never a draw.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alain Post posted:

HHH was never a draw.

Not according to Dave

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jeff and TNA's new owner: https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/832642060545040384

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Broke a million money marks, never drew a dime.
Kind of a talent in and of itself when you think of it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At the lowest point, Nitro was still doubling or tripling TNA's best ratings. That's insane.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

At the lowest point, Nitro was still doubling or tripling TNA's best ratings. That's insane.

In a little fairness to TNA, nitro was on a massive cable channel, even compared to Spike.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

In a little fairness to TNA, nitro was on a massive cable channel, even compared to Spike.

yes, Spike never drew massive audiences for wrestling before TNA

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

yes, Spike never drew massive audiences for wrestling before TNA

Yeeeah I should have realized that but welp... :saddowns:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

Jarret is fine as a upper mid-carder, he's just not a main eventer.

No he wasn't, his upper mid carder career was mostly boring and awful. He had a good feud with Angle with some funny MMA skits.

The actual consistently funny upper mid card act was Lex Luger who was loving hilarious as a heel in 1995-6 and 1999. People must just confuse blondes.

whiteyfats posted:

The difference in ratings between the lowest Nitro and best Impact is .3-.4 depending how you round. Near the end Nitro was regularly doing a 2.1, TNA's best run had some regular 1.3s, so it's not even close to double even if you take out the outliers.

Alain Post posted:

HHH was never a draw.

Drawing a huge Rumble buyrate after Directv pulled out and a million buys vs Batista = NEVER A DRAW.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 18, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/832962482926936064

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"Again", eh?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
well the nazis are already in place but are they really gonna ban mahabali shera

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jesus christ jeff jarrett loving sucks

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MinibarMatchman posted:

jesus christ jeff jarrett loving sucks

Still not as pathetic as his GFW gold pyramid scheme

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RZApublican posted:

Still not as pathetic as his GFW gold pyramid scheme

That was loving funny though.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

So Vince Russo is coming back?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

In an interview with Newsweek, Jeff Jarrett and Impact Wrestling President Ed Nordholm spoke about trying to rebuild TNA after the recent troubles the promotion has had. Here are highlights:

Jarrett on TNA’s issues under Dixie Carter last year: “It was a black-eye on the industry. It wasn’t fruitful for anyone—whether you’re a fan of, a wrestler, an employee. It was a really ugly, unfortunate situation. It wasn’t good for the industry.”

Nordholm on Dixie Carter’s not being involved going forward: “The buck has to stop someplace. The reality is the company got into a dire position and she was CEO. There was never any question [she wouldn’t be involved in the day-to-day operations], but not out of any particular animosity. If we’re going to invest…we’re owner-operators, we’re not passive investors. If we’re going to own it, we’re going to own it.”

lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Does the wrestling industry in general give a single poo poo about TNA? They seemed to be in their own little microcosm of terribleness for years now, it's like saying Troma affects the movie business except that Troma is good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Does the wrestling industry in general give a single poo poo about TNA? They seemed to be in their own little microcosm of terribleness for years now, it's like saying Troma affects the movie business except that Troma is good.

TNA hasn't been relevant since getting punted off Spike. It has one hot product in the Hardy Family but have no ability to turn it into money because of how their schedule works (while Matt and Jeff are probably making a killing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh what's that wacky Wynn Duffy up to now? :allears:

• Locked thread