Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Going down the flat earth rabbit hole is a bewildering and ultimately pointless waste of time guys, 95% of people who claim they believe it really don't and are just saying it because it's trendy. You're better off moving on and talking about the Dunk Contest or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

The B_36 posted:

Going down the flat earth rabbit hole is a bewildering and ultimately pointless waste of time guys, 95% of people who claim they believe it really don't and are just saying it because it's trendy. You're better off moving on and talking about the Dunk Contest or something.

Flat earthers believe the earth is accelerating up at 9.8 m/s to explain away gravity. There really isn't a more fun conversation to be had.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
It's trendy to be dumb as a brick? We're living in amazing times.

edit:

https://twitter.com/JonFilet/status/832422345449041920?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 18, 2017

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

The only conspiracy I'm interested in is the one behind the disappearance of the All Star Weekend fashion show. Why did the psychic vampire Adam Silver decide to cancel it after one time?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stealth Tiger posted:

The only conspiracy I'm interested in is the one behind the disappearance of the All Star Weekend fashion show. Why did the psychic vampire Adam Silver decide to cancel it after one time?

I did a little research into this. The infrastructure for getting the fashion show up (including getting Victoria's Secret models) only made sense when there was the overlap with New York Fashion Week.

Also the show got lower ratings in that time slot on TNT than when Shaq and Chuck had a footrace the year before

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jack's Flow posted:

It's trendy to be dumb as a brick? We're living in amazing times.

edit:

https://twitter.com/JonFilet/status/832422345449041920?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Paul George hesitant on new Pacers contract, wants to 'play on a winning team'
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18705368/paul-george-noncommittal-signing-contract-extension-indiana-pacers

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Bleacher Report: Orlando Magic reportedly turned down a trade for DeMarcus Cousins earlier this season @verizon. Ric Bucher: “Multiple league sources said the Magic turned down the chance to deal Nikola Vucevic and either Evan Fournier or draft picks to the Kings”.

Also the Pistons considering trading Reggie Jackson for DJ Augustin and Jeff Green.

Which means Reggie Jacksons knees are totally hosed forever or at least for long enough to mean they'll still be a borderline 8th seed in the first season in little caesars pizza pyramid

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
There is no way that trade was real

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
straight from Bleacher's Mouth

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/832988883457540098

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I think he would prefer to stay in Indy, but he's frustrated. He's the only perimeter defender on the entire team and really the only reliable 3pt shooter since Miles is so streaky.

Trading the 1st rounder for help is a good idea, since they need to be better next year to convince him to stay. A solid wing defender or good 3pt shooter would do wonders for the team, and there won't be much salary flexibility after this season if they re-sign Teague.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Why do they keep nominating Bo Ryan? What's the rub there?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

misdirectomy posted:

I did some work with a guy last year who wasn't 100% sure that the earth is flat, but had some real issues with the so-called Round Earth Theory. One piece of evidence to support this is the UN flag:

The UN is an organization that is aware of the true shape of the earth, but is hell bent on deceiving the public for reasons (presumably the are in the pocket of the globe manufacturing industry -- literal globalists). They then decided to use the real shape and topography of the earth as their flag anyway.

Flat earth is a doozy because it also requires you to believe several other conspiracies, like we've never been to space, that gravity doesn't actually exist, and that the moon is self illuminating.

He voted for Trump of course

I would have guessed Johnson

NickRoweFillea posted:

drat I read all these words

Fast Luck posted:

Haha that article is by an old LF poster and now it's being posted in the NBA thread, what a world

It's a cool article and he wrote another I'm not gonna search out ATM. Didn't know he was a "goon". The actual videos are insanely good to watch, drugs help if you're concerned about being too enraged to survive

Punkin Spunkin posted:

hey hey hey it's a basketball party

all your good and best friends are here

Great post and good to quote, thanks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

straight up brolic posted:

No, it couldn't. What the gently caress.

whoosh

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Because he probably could be there based on his D3 career alone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Don't go down the flat earth rabbit hole. I watched a bunch of those videos last year and my YouTube recommendations were toast for months.

I can describe the videos down to a T.

Usually around 15 minutes in to the videos the rants about a global cabal of Jews starts up.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Dexo posted:

Don't go down the flat earth rabbit hole. I watched a bunch of those videos last year and my YouTube recommendations were toast for months.

I can describe the videos down to a T.

Usually around 15 minutes in to the videos the rants about a global cabal of Jews starts up.

Yeah the amount of restraint shown before blowing up into other conspiracy theories is always the same. 15-20 minutes every time. You can tell they're trying to hold it back so you'll buy the premise of a flat earth before they get you with the other stuff.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Dexo posted:

When you've made the sale you don't need to keep selling

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Those videos will have even people who know how ridiculous it is saying. "Yeah your wrong as gently caress about this flat earth thing but I can respect the effort" and then 20 minutes later it's Jews and Chemtrails all the way down.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 18, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

20 minutes out of an hour and a half long video

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/833021381659021312

Lmao at flat earthers literally taking over Russ and KD as the subplot to this all-star weekend.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

20 minutes out of an hour and a half long video

Yup. Their ability to go on for hours and hours is amazing.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 18, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Will Adam Silver and Michael Jordan have to have a conference call with Kyrie in order to finally solve the flat earth issue once and for all?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dexo posted:

Will Adam Silver and Michael Jordan have to have a conference call with Kyrie in order to finally solve the flat earth issue once and for all?

When you consider the physics of heaving a 3-D ball into a basically 2-D hoop maybe it just helps him visualize if he's not doing all that on a curved court? LEAVE KYRIE ALONE

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Do they split up nominees into players/coaches/etc?

Lmao Bill Self. Wait til he retires, jeeze

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Kobe

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I wonder what Kyrie thinks about Loose Change.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

what % of NBA players are flat earthers i need to know

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
the truth is out there, kyrie. you've just got to look for it.

we all know how this turned out

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I love the NBA.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow, big news, Jimmy Butler exploring the Time Cube website, all stars DeMar DeRozen and Kyle Lowry reportedly getting really into Stevia

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I wont be satisfied until BJ Armstrong finally reveals he was Obama the whole time.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

R.D. Mangles posted:

wow, big news, Jimmy Butler exploring the Time Cube website, all stars DeMar DeRozen and Kyle Lowry reportedly getting really into Stevia

Can't wait to see the Raptors in Dan Quinn's next youtube

gently caress your rear end LeBron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VObaisj0P7g

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/833021381659021312

Lmao at flat earthers literally taking over Russ and KD as the subplot to this all-star weekend.
https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/833030115017752577

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

will the flat earth truther Kyrie Irving sabotage the Cavs this season?

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
LeBron doesn't want to go down that rabbit hole with Kyrie and correct him because if the Cavs get torn apart because of the loving flat earth conspiracy I don't think the league could handle it

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Money23Green/status/9847231073

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Long Pop profile over at the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...75fc_story.html

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
It's been depressing watching the Pacers get a little worse every year, and I think it's clear that Larry's past his prime in basketball operations. The Pacers best recent years involved getting significant value out of both Lance Stephenson and Roy Hibbert, though, which kind of seems insane at this point.

Paul George has been having his worst year, injured one aside, since his first couple, but I wouldn't want to see him go. I especially wouldn't want to see him playing for the loving Celtics.

Stagger_Lee fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 18, 2017

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

now the freedarko dude is acting like Kyrie is being oppressed

https://twitter.com/freedarko/status/833045940369977344

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope every press conference for the rest of the season has a flat earth question. It will become such a popular meme that next years ASG is team flat v round

• Locked thread