Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

I wonder if he declined for the same reasons Harward did.

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/832768785459212288

quote:

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes reported tonight on what a source told him about the reasons Vice Admiral and former Navy SEAL Robert Harward turned down the position of National Security Advisor.

In his official statement yesterday, Harward brought up “financial and family issues that would have been challenging in this position.” White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus said this morning that Harward’s family was a big factor in his decision.

However, CNN’s Jake Tapper said a friend of Harward’s told him he didn’t want to jump into that “poo poo sandwich,” and tonight Hayes said that despite some reporting, he was open to keeping some of Michael Flynn‘s staff.

No, what reportedly did it for Harward was that his conditions were not met. The first condition was that there be a clear chain of command, and the second was that the structure of the National Security Council be restored so advisors like Steve Bannon wouldn’t be on the Principals Committee.

Hayes’ source reportedly said that Harward wrote to the White House early morning on Thursday turning down the job, but the White House asked him to reconsider, which he did. But, Hayes adds, Harward again decided no “after watching the president’s press conference yesterday.”

“Such a decision would indicate,” Hayes concluded, “the president’s press conference and more generally his temperament has impaired his ability to fill this vital role.”

It appears that Harward will be one of the guests on ABC’s This Week on Sunday to presumably address the matter himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

DeepDickPizza posted:

He hosed the corpse for SEVEN YEARS?

you've got to try the meatloaf

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Not even to 6969 yet? :sad:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

zegermans posted:

One year old transitioning from formula to baby food

lmk when your kid starts eating curry and chili bowls. that is when you realize you are in the poo poo and it is Very Real.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Plinkey posted:

Not even to 6969 yet? :sad:

Saving it for the rally

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DeepDickPizza posted:

And replaced its parts (skin, hair, eyes, etc). Thanks NPR!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

f*ck I had a pretty sweet .psd going for 69/11 and i slept through both it and my laptop's battery capacity

oh well

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what's the best place to catch the rally? fox news?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

president trump is a giant fuckup -> his administration is a tire fire -> can't get competent people to lead government departments -> trump's high-ranking officials are giant fuckups -> their departments are giant tire fires -> can't get competent people to fill important mid-level posts -> ...

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
question to goonparents, what do you do if your kid turns into a nazi

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

long story short it's hard to hire 'the best people' when you're the worst person and everybody knows

all trump can find are people stupid enough to think trump is good

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

William Bear posted:

I wonder if he declined for the same reasons Harward did.

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/832768785459212288

Sort of weird of how Trump praises the US military but then is obsessed with making sure his dumb lackeys will be lording over people with actual related work experience.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

pathetic little tramp posted:

^^^^ FF2 was "crazed emperor takes over world, but counts on you killing him so he can go to hell and overthrow satan"

If you like that memory don't play the sequel

Yeah 2 was pretty crazy. You also kill god. https://youtu.be/84-ITMV_B-4

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DeepDickPizza posted:

true love is found in the least expected places.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

etalian posted:

Sort of weird of how Trump praises the US military but then is obsessed with making sure his dumb lackeys will be lording over people with actual related work experience.

Anyone with officer level military experience knows trump is a piece of poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Agrajag posted:

why are you posting a picture of your ugly carpet?

not even a girl in the photo and you are still looking at the floor

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fallen Hamprince posted:

president trump is a giant fuckup -> his administration is a tire fire -> can't get competent people to lead government departments -> trump's high-ranking officials are giant fuckups -> their departments are giant tire fires -> can't get competent people to fill important mid-level posts -> ...

It's a negative feedback loop, basically Trump's dumpster fire first month pretty much confirms all the red flags and concerns people had about him being president.

He also claimed his great experience would lead to get the best people possible but instead people are quitting/not stepping up to fill the 4000+ positions.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

see: michael flynn

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I wonder if that Russian spy sub made it down to Melbourne, Florida yet?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

you seen that vid of Spencer getting decked?

that but with an open hand instead.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Third World Reggin posted:

not even a girl in the photo and you are still looking at the floor

Lol

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

got any sevens posted:

Yeah 2 was pretty crazy. You also kill god. https://youtu.be/84-ITMV_B-4

I'm playing through Xenogears again (at the end of disc 1 atm) because I want to destroy god. Again.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
this is my fav cat ive ever met in person

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

etalian posted:

It's a negative feedback loop, basically Trump's dumpster fire first month pretty much confirms all the red flags and concerns people had about him being president.

He also claimed his great experience would lead to get the best people possible but instead people are quitting/not stepping up to fill the 4000+ positions.

To Donald, the best people are himself, Ivanka, Bannon, himself, Devos, himself, and no one else

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

murked by dragon posted:

yeha that's it. i didn't know they pumped the dolphins full of lsd, lmao.

i don't feel like looking up the exact numbers, but i recall reading about some researchers pumping litres of an LSD solution into an elephant, and it died. rip

lol holy loving poo poo that lady enjoyed the hell out of it and you can tell

and she just let Peter get shipped off to some warehouse with no sunlight and let him kill himself.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

yes, after realizing this i have begun to feel a little better

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

HEY NONG MAN posted:

you seen that vid of Spencer getting decked?

that but with an open hand instead.

go with the all in approach and make them go to school dressed as Hitler every day

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Admiral Ray posted:

see: michael flynn

lol he's a very special case considering he was already a disgraced piece of poo poo and persona non grata prior to hitching his wagon to trump.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BarronsArtGallery posted:

lol holy loving poo poo that lady enjoyed the hell out of it and you can tell

and she just let Peter get shipped off to some warehouse with no sunlight and let him kill himself.

obviously, she was successful in stealing his life force

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

Punch them, this is not difficult

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

Pray the Nazi out of them.

If that doesn't work, you may punch the Nazi.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*in a very liberal voice*
-> this is why he's a political genius :gonk:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There we go

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

this is my fav cat ive ever met in person

help my cat is trapped in concrete

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump (69) is not a nice image

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Fallen Hamprince posted:

president trump is a giant fuckup -> his administration is a tire fire -> can't get competent people to lead government departments -> trump's high-ranking officials are giant fuckups -> their departments are giant tire fires -> can't get competent people to fill important mid-level posts -> .
'he's draining the swamp, just like he promised!' - a distressingly large portion of the american electorate

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

BarronsArtGallery posted:

did a woman actually gently caress a dolphin on the government's dime or is that just an urban legend?

the article doesn't explicit say it but she mentions she had a close encounter with the dolphin, so probably.

quote:

"That relationship of having to be together sort of turned into really enjoying being together, and wanting to be together, and missing him when he wasn't there," she reflects. "I did have a very close encounter with – I can't even say a dolphin again – with Peter."

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Addamere posted:

Trump (69) is not a nice image

A few days ago we had Trump (24) which is a great idea for a Breitbart name change but only if it has the parentheses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Draining the swamp is just a euphemism for pissing on our faces. Figuratively and probably literally.

• Locked thread