Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
+Atk -HP is a good nature for Julia and Robin, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Mierenneuker posted:

He'll always be useful for training purposes. Pain is fantastic at weakening enemies so your other characters can finish them off.

Is that the deal where he does 10 damage after combat, but it never kills anyone? Because yes that owns and is a big part of why he is, and will remain, My Good Boy Azama.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
He's also a tanky healer which is amazing.

thanks for the hp+ spd- Seliph. HP+ really is the worst boon.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 18, 2017

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Since everyone else seems to be doing it:

What combination of these units can I use to stop Hector from killing everything?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LightningSquid posted:

What combination of these units can I use to stop Hector from killing everything?

Fae seems like a reasonable way to check him to me, you could also upgrade your Sharena and Olivia and start riding the Nino smash express.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Fae seems like a reasonable way to check him to me, you could also upgrade your Sharena and Olivia and start riding the Nino smash express.

He doesn't need Olivia for that since he already has Azura

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Cleared the Hard campaign battles and got 20 orbs, did another 5-pull and got my first 5* Spear unit in Eraphim!

Hooray for another 5* unit to level up...at least he's good though.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Threw some money on the game and pulled double 5* mages. Got my Robin slayer and Ryoma slayer, two assholes who gatekeep my perfect arena run constantly.

If you pull one 5* first, does the pity counter reset right away or after the summoning is done? I was up to 5% for both focus and non focus and managed to pull two with one set of 20 orbs.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ha, I just got the Fae today, so I'm glad she might be able to help me out on that front. I'll probably go with her for now while I get Sharena boosted up for Nino fun times. Thanks.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lord Ephraim posted:

If you pull one 5* first, does the pity counter reset right away or after the summoning is done? I was up to 5% for both focus and non focus and managed to pull two with one set of 20 orbs.

After the summoning is done, since the contents of the orbs is already decided when you first press summon. The counter won't reset if one of the orbs was a 5* but you didn't open it or anything like that though.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Do the story units cost less feathers to upgrade?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

This is a new level of terrible.

(also they're all duplicates)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Do the story units cost less feathers to upgrade?
Nope. Alphonse, Sharena and Anna all have the same upgrade cost amounts as summoned heroes do.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lord Ephraim posted:

No Marth or Lucina, so how's Chrom? I think I have one with +def/-res so he's looks to be a pretty strong tank. All dragons hit res, no? What's the point of a defense heavy Falchion user?
His atk is still sky high for a sword user and he spurs defense which is something you typically only get from Robin. He hits really hard but you don't want to bait with him cause everyone will double him. You'll want to use him on an alpha strike team so your team building is a little tougher. The best alpha teams I enjoy are like FemCorrin and Nino/Tharja buff teams, and neither of those really benefit from Chrom. He can certainly ring though and be competent.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Julia seems extremely good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What's a good FCorn team without Takumi?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I like Julia but Nino seems better to me in the green mage department.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skyridge posted:

This is a new level of terrible.

(also they're all duplicates)

Sully and Fredrick are on my main team.

The joke is that it's really hard to find competent green and blue characters.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Sully and Fredrick are on my main team.

The joke is that it's really hard to find competent green and blue characters.

Sharena and Anna are right there though?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Did I grind up a good squad, FE nerds? I'm a bit bummed I didn't get to go through the entire campaign with Roy, because he was my first 5*.

Team Roy's Boys is currently on hiatus.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

F Corrin teams are best when you set up big initiations and kill as many enemies in one turn as possible. Neutral nukes are good in that setup since they have consistently high damage output, so if you lack a good neutral nuke, make sure you have good type coverage with at least one big damage threat like a Nino/Tharja/Linde/Julia.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Tae posted:

The half cost is permanent

Source? If the half cost is permanent, how is it half cost?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

It was half cost. Check the bulletin board, it should be on there still.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LightningKimba posted:

Did I grind up a good squad, FE nerds? I'm a bit bummed I didn't get to go through the entire campaign with Roy, because he was my first 5*.

Team Roy's Boys is currently on hiatus.

Lucina's probably better than Leo but you have so many good options to build a team you're going to have a hard time going wrong.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
So uh. +HP - SPD is pretty garbage for both Tiki (Y) and Abel, huh

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sharena and Anna are right there though?

They're on the backup team. I haven't ranked them up yet.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Honestly I don't think Abel cares overly much, and Tiki's about tanking anyways.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

So I'm currently running 5* Robin, 5* Camilla, 4* Cain, and 4* Catria. I'm really happy with Robin and Camilla, but I think I could probably swap out Cat and Cain for something better. Here are my 4* units and some 3* who looked like they might have cool skills I dunno.

4*
Roy
Lon Qu
Draug
Tharja
Gwndolyn
Effie
Nowi
Lady Corrin
Sheena
Serra
Azama

Notable 3*
Olivia
Hana
Selena
Stahl
Subaki
Cherche

Any advice?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rascyc posted:

I like Julia but Nino seems better to me in the green mage department.

Nah, Nino's faster but not fast enough to double anyone relevant, and unlike Julia she can't do much to YTiki. If you have the right support units Nino can outperform Julia, but since that team involves Azura and Eirika most people won't have it. The rule of thumb is that if you have 2 or fewer stat buffs Julia is better and if you have three or more Nino is.

LightningSquid posted:

As other people have said, Fae on her own beats Hector as long as Hector attacks her and not the other way around. Just using your 5* units gives you a pretty great team to be honest.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Seriously I need something that can fight the endless shitstream of red Lords, when do we get a new banner because this one is terrible.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

-Spd is probably the worst IV since it simultaneously hurts you offensively and defensively in a significant way. Figures both my Lucina and Takumi would be -Spd :negative:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

“I’m Zero, a thief from the kingdom of Nohr. From here on I’ll give it good to you, at your pleasure. This arrow of mine is long and thick.”

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
That dude who wrote the arena guide and posts on reddit like he's the god of PvP uses a -spd Lucina although not by choice.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Seriously I need something that can fight the endless shitstream of red Lords, when do we get a new banner because this one is terrible.

Sharena's right there dude

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ephraim also does it, he may get doubled but with 31 average defense he'll take 5-15 damage and roll back for 30.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tired Moritz posted:

He's also a tanky healer which is amazing.

thanks for the hp+ spd- Seliph. HP+ really is the worst boon.

I have a -HP/+Spd Robin, he's amazing.

I wonder if they'll buff Martyr/Physic in the future - right now they're just so weak compared to Rehabilitate or even Recover.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

That's what I have on my Tiki. She gets doubled by Takumi so I never use her fight him. She also can't double attack Hector, but he does something like 8 damage to her so it doesn't matter. There's been at least 1 time where the speed didn't matter, but the extra hp kept her from dying. It's not the best, but it isn't a game breaker for her. I don't think Tiki's nature really affects how she functions too much.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can we change the OP to "Yes, Sharena and Anna are good in this game"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingofSprings posted:

You'll forgive me if her utter uselessness to this point has discolored my opinion of her.

e: to clarify she consistently does 0 damage to lords so i really have no idea what you're talking about

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

I have a -HP/+Spd Robin, he's amazing.

I wonder if they'll buff Martyr/Physic in the future - right now they're just so weak compared to Rehabilitate or even Recover.

Martyr at least theoretically heals the caster too, Physic's so bad that Mend outperforms it.