Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

How can tides be real if the moon isn't real?

Mirrors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Monkeytime posted:

Facebook group of people who believe the moon is a hoax. Not the moon landing. The moon.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/316863054163/

Ah Wigan that makes sense then.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Tides are from our flat Earth tilting.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Look the earth doesn't actually have a natural moon. Why isn't the LIEberal media focusing on the fact that Mars has a Death Star in orbit around our planet?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Tides are from our flat Earth tilting.

A lesson learned from Albert Einstein's most famous formula: Weebles Wobble but they don't Fall Down

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One of my undergrands recently told me that his friend believed the moon was escaping

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

It technically is but like really slowly

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

EmmyOk posted:

One of my undergrands recently told me that his friend believed the moon was escaping

It's locked in here with us.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

EmmyOk posted:

We need a bigger net.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is he suggesting Nasa wants to blow up the moon?

The 'last visit to the moon" and "orbital rotation" makes me think he's saying that landing or perhaps launching from the moon has a tiny effect on it's orbital rotation. Which, I guess, is a plausible extrapolation from basic jr high physics? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So when the rocket pushes away from the moon, it is also pushing the moon away from the rocket? Therefore if we had lots and lots of rockets pushing the moon, we might eventually affect it's orbital rotation in a detectable way?

Obviously it doesn't work out of course because the moon is hella big. I can see it happening with, like, an asteroid or something though.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Facebook Aunt posted:

The 'last visit to the moon" and "orbital rotation" makes me think he's saying that landing or perhaps launching from the moon has a tiny effect on it's orbital rotation. Which, I guess, is a plausible extrapolation from basic jr high physics? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So when the rocket pushes away from the moon, it is also pushing the moon away from the rocket? Therefore if we had lots and lots of rockets pushing the moon, we might eventually affect it's orbital rotation in a detectable way?

Obviously it doesn't work out of course because the moon is hella big. I can see it happening with, like, an asteroid or something though.

Gravity-assists around the moon take away very very tiny amounts of momentum from the moon. I think crazy dude believes global warming was caused by the Apollo program disturbing the moon's momentum/orbital motions/lunar essential oils.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Look the earth doesn't actually have a natural moon. Why isn't the LIEberal media focusing on the fact that Mars has a Death Star in orbit around our planet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlbS-A01VDY

history channel agrees.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Gravity-assists around the moon take away very very tiny amounts of momentum from the moon. I think crazy dude believes global warming was caused by the Apollo program disturbing the moon's momentum/orbital motions/lunar essential oils.

The solution is obvious. We need to strap rockets to the moon, and use them to counteract gravity assists.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

PS I grabbed this as my av since no one else seemed to want it...thanks China Bot!!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

goose willis posted:

It's moving further away yes, but will stop retreating once Earth and the moon hit tidal equilibrium. It's not actually going to escape.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

It's moving further away yes, but will stop retreating once Earth and the moon hit tidal equilibrium. It's not actually going to escape.

That sounds like a pretty controlling relationship

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

goose willis posted:

This was my initial inquiry but the friend is very fearful of the moon making a break for it.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Can you really blame it

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdT2HqoV198

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Aramek posted:

So they're the ones who are feeding Zuckerberg all that magic.

No wonder he's gonna run for President.

is he really? i hope not. we don't need more clueless businessmen who think they can run a country. especially one that tried to set up a monopoly in india and failed.

Nm I googled it and the first 25 links are from the 24th of january saying he has no plans to. So he probably is.

snergle has a new favorite as of 03:42 on Feb 19, 2017

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

How Can Tides Be Real If The Moon Isn't Real?

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
If the moon is fake, what are we seeing?

Also, do flat earthers think the moon is also flat (assuming they believe it exists)?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

That's what it wants you to think

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Mak0rz posted:

I actually didn't know this so thanks for clearing up a misconception of mine. I was told it was moving away slowly and that's all I had heard but I didn't know it would hit an equilibrium point.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

failing forward posted:

https://youtu.be/ObJL6aA2czo

Hey... h-h-hey. There are no... No... Forests on earth--*vomiting*

The comments on that are a goldmine.

quote:

I am not a Christian but, to reference the bible "There were giants then on earth" - In reference to the trees, perhaps? And David killed Goliath, Goliath being a tree? Think about it...

quote:

could it be the tree of knowledge was a silicone tree? What if these silicon trees were where magic entered the world do they fall on laylines? What if all the queries where for the tower of babel.

quote:

If the people who have ancient knowledge are hiding truths in plain sight in movies, then it also reminds me of the 4th movie of Transformers. They had some kind of seed or bomb that could turn anything into whatever material and resources the robots needed. The seed or bomb used powerful energy, hence possibilities about electric origins, theories of electric universe as I read in other comments in other videos.

quote:

Frank Buquicchio
nasa in Hebrew means to deceive

p1xMU51c
5 second web search - nasa means "to carry", "lift up"
Na-s-ha means to deceive

Mello Carrier
+Frank Buquicchio Jews are biggest deceivers.

Science!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Yellow Ant posted:

If the moon is fake, what are we seeing?

Also, do flat earthers think the moon is also flat (assuming they believe it exists)?

I think you'll find the entire sky is fake. It's all a projection.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MissEchelon posted:

I think you'll find the entire sky is fake. It's all a projection.

My God... it's full of scams...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It came from CSPAM:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Early in the morning you can sometimes see the Sun and the Moon in the sky at the same time even though they are supposed to be on opposite sides. Makes you think.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

If Jaden Smith isn't your favorite person alive then I don't want to know you

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Feb 19, 2017

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

EmmyOk posted:

Thanks Obama!

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

This is a good take on that, though admittedly with Jupiter rather than the moon: https://what-if.xkcd.com/146/

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

I couldn't believe we got that far into the conversation without someone posting this.

EDIT - I got bamboozled by a parody site. Son of a bitch. Some of that was too subtle.

Perry Normal has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Feb 19, 2017

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

OK, "Ew, indeed" has to be satire. :gay:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Aesop Poprock posted:

If Jaden Smith isn't your favorite person alive then I don't want to know you

I saw white Batman and my brain wondered why Killer Queen was in the photo

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's not.

Killer Queen is in your retina.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Perry Normal posted:

I couldn't believe we got that far into the conversation without someone posting this.

This is a forum for a baptist church, so yeah, I know, fish and barrels, but still...

I want to tell them about how you can abort your kids in the game even after they're born.

EDIT

This forum is ridiculous. This is like performance art.

EDIT #2

Idiots on Social Media: Baby Jesus would rather you worship Him than play the nintendos

If that's the site I think it is, yea, it's parody.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Gonna go ahead and assume this is satire

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Wow. Has JPEG artifacting become such a common feature that people are imitating it in new lovely images?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Aerdan posted:

Wow. Has JPEG artifacting become such a common feature that people are imitating it in new lovely images?

Welcome to like 5 years ago