Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I think we all need to realize that things in the US are not going to get better after Trump is no longer President. The whole system is going down in our lifetimes.

Income share for the bottom 50% of Americans is ‘collapsing,’ new Piketty research finds

quote:

A new research paper from economists including Thomas Piketty finds that the bottom 50%’s share of income in the United States is “collapsing.”

The paper, written by Facundo Alvaredo, Lucas Chancel, Piketty, Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman, studies global inequality dynamics. And while there are rising top income and wealth shares in nearly all countries, the magnitude varies substantially.

In the U.S., between 1978 and 2015, the income share of the bottom 50% fell to 12% from 20%. Total real income for that group fell 1% during that time period.

That’s not the case elsewhere. In China — where there also has been a marked rise in income inequality — the bottom 50% saw their income go up by 401%, not surprising given the industrialization the world’s second-largest economy has seen. Even in developed France, however, the bottom 50% saw their income grow, by 39%.

Like income, wealth also has become more concentrated around the world.

The economists say that the varying magnitude suggests different country-specific policies and institutions matter greatly.

They say the findings suggest “policy discussions about rising global inequality should focus on how to equalize the distribution of primary assets, including human capital, financial capital, and bargaining power, rather than merely discussing the ex-post redistribution through taxes and transfers.” They also call for policies to improve education and access to skills, reform labor-market institutions including the minimum wage and worker bargaining power, and “steeply progressive” taxation.

Like higher taxes and redistribution of wealth is going to happen without violent revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

crazy cloud posted:

*hands you a glass* it's trump vodka and clam squeezins

that sounds pretty good rn

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

LIVE SATELLITE NEWS is gonna be my one stop shop for news from now on

that and

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
"It's time for the Democrats to fix Obamacare!"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol these assholes are just doing what they did about ACA: bitch endlessly about an issue with no actual plans to do work

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

I've used Obamacare, it works. Just FYI.

yeah it's lovely having health insurance when we 'normally' couldn't :(

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Oiled and Ready posted:

At least you weren't this guy

In 1929 an SS soldier on guard duty at the Sportpalast reportedly secreted a bomb under the speaker's platform minutes before Hitler was scheduled to appear. After the usual introductions, Hitler began a speech anticipated to last several hours. The SS guard felt a sudden need to use the men's room; confident that there was ample time in which to set off the bomb, he left his position for what he expected would be only a brief absence. Unfortunately for him and the rest of the world, he was accidentally locked in the toilet. Unable to free himself from the locked room in time, he failed to trigger the bomb. Hitler escaped injury or death because of an odd twist of fate. A friend later called it the joke of the century. "The history of the world might have been changed if he hadn't had to go to the bathroom".

This has got to be an alternate inglorious basterds plot line

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hamelekim posted:

I think we all need to realize that things in the US are not going to get better after Trump is no longer President. The whole system is going down in our lifetimes.

Income share for the bottom 50% of Americans is ‘collapsing,’ new Piketty research finds

Like higher taxes and redistribution of wealth is going to happen without violent revolution.

capitalism.... bad??

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Vertical Lime posted:

i knew someone would post that

this seems fake

using craigslist as a source without following up on the contact information is always suspicious.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

sapphomoric posted:

veterans will be taken care of once and for all :eyepop:

the first solution to the final solution

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

lmao as if they'd have trouble finding enough white trash to show up for a trump rally in brevard county, fl

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
hahahaha this lunatic

https://twitter.com/FernandoPeinado/status/833004263466954752

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol he thinks brexit is a 'much smaller example' than his election

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

I read "fresh mouth" and i was like "how are you at all surprised"

Then I read it correctly and i was like "how are you at all surprised"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The way he talks about healthcare and infrastructure is funny, because at rallies like this he sounds like he's actually in favor of big programs and big spending to help people and it must drive the Republicans nuts at a time where their attempts at Obamacare "replacements" are getting so much pushback even from their own people.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Haha I just read that he called Mar-a-Lago the "Southern White House". Trademark infringement going on?

edit: I mean besides using his public office to help his businesses but that's just part of the background noise now.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

When I was in college and flunking and fat and crazy depressed me and some friends got real into robo-tripping for a little while. I wonder if it did any real damage? Anyhow I wish I could still smoke pot at least. Can't on account of my job, so now it's just booze and now I'm getting kinda fat again. We were real into bread bagging back in those days too. Youth.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

he seems fun :pwn:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dolash posted:

The way he talks about healthcare and infrastructure is funny, because at rallies like this he sounds like he's actually in favor of big programs and big spending to help people and it must drive the Republicans nuts at a time where their attempts at Obamacare "replacements" are getting so much pushback even from their own people.

He has always said he's in favor of this stuff but has done nothing to make any of it happen and never will

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Hamelekim posted:

seems good to me op

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Pomp posted:

this looks photoshopped imo

flagged for removal but real

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so whats he been ranting about any good choice bits?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Sir Tonk posted:

he seems fun :pwn:

If you aren't watching the rally, that is the guy that he called onstage.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lmao those guys in the bg

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
the so called global elite

POLITICALLY CORRECT WARS

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Dude, you're president now. You should be winning already.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

skaboomizzy posted:

I hope those clam squeezins are properly fermented

i just eralized that right now this whole time clam squeezins are not only the leading cause of diarrhea in canada they are the leading cause of awkwardness in conversations with billy bush on access hollywood buses

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
chasms of distrust

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

CHAZZ UMS

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
chazzms

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
lmao ch-asm

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

you ever have a dream where you can't see anything clearly and everything is blurry and doesn't make sense, that's about it

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

CHHHAZZMS!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it's pretty boring, tbh

the press conference was crazier

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
THAT'S NOT HOW YOU PRONOUNCE CHASMS

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Haha I just read that he called Mar-a-Lago the "Southern White House". Trademark infringement going on?

edit: I mean besides using his public office to help his businesses but that's just part of the background noise now.

its to forestall acxusations that hea spending too much time ob cacation or away from the white house

sapphomoric
Dec 26, 2016

we're fighting battles that no longer help us

yeah

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao he and his party control every branch of government and even get a stolen SCOTUS seat, and here he is bitching that he can't get anything done

Whose fault is that then lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

NATO fan signing in

• Locked thread