Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I see an artifact cat lady in the middle, but maybe it's just armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Soul Glo posted:

Want that life counter

Isn't it the same one from the Commander's Arsenal?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I love teens and their loaner decks.

Kid kept asking for people to play him between rounds, I said I would but didn't have decks. He says no problem, and pulls out a mono white cat tribal modern deck. Where every card is a B&W proxy printout. Okay, whatever. It's got heavy hitters like Abuna Acolyte, Brimaz, and Raksha. No acceleration or removal, but sure.

His first turn is Swamp > Dark Ritual > Dark Ritual > Dark Ritual Sol Ring > Griselbrand. Also all B&W proxy printout. He was confused why anyone would question playing these decks against each other.

The experience was honestly surreal, and at first I thought he was trolling and applauded him on it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

It's at least the same concept if not literally the same chunk of plastic.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

PJOmega posted:

His first turn is Swamp > Dark Ritual > Dark Ritual > Dark Ritual Sol Ring > Griselbrand. Also all B&W proxy printout. He was confused why anyone would question playing these decks against each other.

This owns

GoutPatrol posted:

Dunno what that is, they haven't had one since I started playing

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

"Local" 129 player modern event was won by 150 card Scapeshift, eight rounds and top 8. I think that is pretty cool!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

lol GP Vancouver, Rich Hagon watching a dredge player, dredge player sorts graveyard in to 4 piles of 5 cards.

Rich Hagon: "Yeah that's about 30 cards in his graveyard about now."

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

This guy looks rad as hell.

Too bad he will probably be some garbage mythic.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

That looks more like a rare dragon to me tbh

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

When I started out the "legendary" opening rumoured about was swamp, four dark rituals, Spirit of the Night.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

2/1 flying common, it's actually just the local crocodile species.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

TheKingofSprings posted:

That looks more like a rare dragon to me tbh

DTK elder dragons tier legends would be neat

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Kuiperdolin posted:

When I started out the "legendary" opening rumoured about was swamp, four dark rituals, Spirit of the Night.

Lotus, Mountain, Channel, Fireball.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ManMythLegend posted:

I'm getting a sacrifice an artifact get a power increase vibe.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
If that's really a Nicol Bolas themed Archenemy deck, I'm pretty stoked. Archenemy Anthology should be up next anyway.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
pictures of those opened packs had better be coming soon or else what's the loving point?

I NEED SPOILERS

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

End of Life Guy posted:

pictures of those opened packs had better be coming soon or else what's the loving point?

I NEED SPOILERS

Those aren't real packs, it's just the packaging mockup. That's why the planeswalkers in the planeswalker decks don't have any text.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Do MM17 spoilers start Monday? And, judging by the latest spoiler seasons, end Friday?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Lunsku posted:

"Local" 129 player modern event was won by 150 card Scapeshift, eight rounds and top 8. I think that is pretty cool!

Find that decklist.

Posting on page [[Invoke Predjudice]]

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

AceClown posted:

lol GP Vancouver, Rich Hagon watching a dredge player, dredge player sorts graveyard in to 4 piles of 5 cards.

Rich Hagon: "Yeah that's about 30 cards in his graveyard about now."

At GP Vancouver right now. Next round is a win and in for me.

Wish me luck!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

TIL that we're going to Ivalice next.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Minority Deport posted:

Those aren't real packs, it's just the packaging mockup. That's why the planeswalkers in the planeswalker decks don't have any text.

Oh, I just thought they were blurry

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Mezzanon posted:

At GP Vancouver right now. Next round is a win and in for me.

Wish me luck!

NEVERMIND GOT JUNDED OUT

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

We're you on spirits or bogles?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

GoutPatrol posted:

We're you on spirits or bogles?

Spirits. Deck felt great.
Losses were close.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I just logged onto MTGO for the first time in months. Is there a reason I can't find Kaladesh/Aether drafts? I see plenty of SOI drafts still.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It's leagues now.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

odiv posted:

It's leagues now.

Chat told me that.

Is it really leagues with no queue? I can only play a scheduled match?

Also, thanks for answering. I trust their help only far enough to confirm that something can't happen, but not how to actually play a game the way I want to.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The Human Crouton posted:

Chat told me that.

Yeah, it's way better now, no waiting for rounds

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Chat told me that.

There's fire as they fill leagues as well.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Soul Glo posted:

I'm being very serious when I ask if this is sarcasm. I only see options to play on 1/25/2017, which is in the past. Or I can spend $30 to play a tournament.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Leagues are not dailies, you start drafting as soon as 8 people show up and then you do the deckbuilding and games whenever you want instead of having to block out three hours at once. Make sure you're clicking the right tab in the play screen.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I'm being very serious when I ask if this is sarcasm. I only see options to play on 1/25/2017, which is in the past. Or I can spend $30 to play a tournament.

You aren't looking at the right filter

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Jabor posted:

Leagues are not dailies, you start drafting as soon as 8 people show up and then you do the deckbuilding and games whenever you want instead of having to block out three hours at once. Make sure you're clicking the right tab in the play screen.

Ok. Starting to make sense. Thanks to all of you who answered me.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Soul Glo posted:

You aren't looking at the right filter

My filter options are:
Planewalkers Just Starting Out
Standard Just For Fun
Commander Just For Fun Free For All
Standard Tournament Practice

None of these meet my requirement of paying event tickets and playing a draft.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lunsku posted:

Seriously get us a decklist for that Scapeshift deck. It sounds ridiculous and i love it already.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ok. I'm in. Thanks again, thread persons. That was super confusing because I was familiar enough with the product that the changes confused the hell out of me.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Soul Glo posted:

I don't mean for it to just sound contrary, but I really miss pod play. The fact that if your draft was a train wreck then it's likely everybody else's was too was a nice comfort. It's especially annoying in cube situations with singleton drafting.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

clamiam45 posted:

I don't mean for it to just sound contrary, but I really miss pod play. The fact that if your draft was a train wreck then it's likely everybody else's was too was a nice comfort. It's especially annoying in cube situations with singleton drafting.

Cube would be better in pods, absolutely.

I love not waiting for rounds though. I got two drafts in today in the time it would have taken to do one before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
BTW, dust off your bulk bin Basilisk Collar's because they are more than 30 bucks if you can even find one.

• Locked thread