Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hrm running into a bit of an odd thing in my attack speedtests here but maybe the hitboxes are breathing ones instead of fixed or something. Peacekeeper zone attack hits at 9 frames most of the time(on console 30fps), sometimes at 10 frames there shouldn't be a discrepancy but yet there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

But fashion is trash until you get like perstige 4 anyways.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Hrm running into a bit of an odd thing in my attack speedtests here but maybe the hitboxes are breathing ones instead of fixed or something. Peacekeeper zone attack hits at 9 frames most of the time(on console 30fps), sometimes at 10 frames there shouldn't be a discrepancy but yet there is.

Alert the presses

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

SweetBro posted:

But fashion is trash until you get like perstige 4 anyways.

I hit prestige 2 and was really disappointed to find my next new item was a palette swap of an older item. Are there still new models at 2 and up?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Donnerberg posted:

I hit prestige 2 and was really disappointed to find my next new item was a palette swap of an older item. Are there still new models at 2 and up?

yes.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Okay, thanks. That's the carrot on a stick I needed.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Playing on the PS4. Need a buddy for an order.

PSN & UBi names are kwosge

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
It'd be super cool if the bot peacemakers didn't land their triple stab grab without fail.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

It'd be super cool if the bot peacemakers didn't land their triple stab grab without fail.

Its bugged right now and doesn't do damage past the first, so no worries!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Capn Beeb posted:

or the fact that bots seem to always counter MY peacemaker's second stab with an instantaneous guardbreak without fail.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Bots are pretty OP imo

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Bots aren't too bad if you play defensively

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Aranan posted:

Good to hear that KB+M is workable. Anyone have decent YouTube channels to check out for information? I just searched for For Honor and watched a couple, but it's either people playing the campaign mode very slowly or incredibly annoying people yelling "DIE human being" as they duel.

I think TrueTalent is pretty good, he always tries to explain what he's doing and he does these "In the lab with" streams where he tries to learn how a character he's never played works and tests them out.

Also emblem time.

Top left is the smiley face pin from Watchmen, still want to fiddle with the proportions some.

Top right is my personal emblem. See it's a 7 combined with a ¢ only there's an extra line because shutup!

Bottom left is the Laputan crest from Castle in the Sky, or at least the best facsimile I could do given the tools.

Bottom right is MOTHER RUSSIA!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i feel counter guardbreaks are pretty much what puts you out of "total noob" since in duels it seems to always come down to guardbreak spamming.

welp back to that tutorial bot for practice tomorrow!

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

7c Nickel posted:

I think TrueTalent is pretty good, he always tries to explain what he's doing and he does these "In the lab with" streams where he tries to learn how a character he's never played works and tests them out.

Also emblem time.

Top left is the smiley face pin from Watchmen, still want to fiddle with the proportions some.

Top right is my personal emblem. See it's a 7 combined with a ¢ only there's an extra line because shutup!

Bottom left is the Laputan crest from Castle in the Sky, or at least the best facsimile I could do given the tools.

Bottom right is MOTHER RUSSIA!

Aw man yours looks way cleaner than mine

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

super macho dude posted:

or the fact that bots seem to always counter MY peacemaker's second stab with an instantaneous guardbreak without fail.

Yeah, likewise. And these are only level 2 bots :stare:

Edit:

Do I unlock the blue and purple gear for everyone once I get a single character prestiged, or are the better drops only for them?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 19, 2017

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Anyway to skip the opening ads? I'm pretty sick of them at this point

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, likewise. And these are only level 2 bots :stare:

Edit:

Do I unlock the blue and purple gear for everyone once I get a single character prestiged, or are the better drops only for them?

It's only for that character.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

It's only for that character.

Dang it :(

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
How does the ps4 group actually work? I joined but I don't seem to be able to play with anyone.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Less than a week for me to fight someone with a swastika emblem

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Aranan posted:

Good to hear that KB+M is workable. Anyone have decent YouTube channels to check out for information? I just searched for For Honor and watched a couple, but it's either people playing the campaign mode very slowly or incredibly annoying people yelling "DIE human being" as they duel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvE_MJXU_1eOySO6u47djBA

That guy has done a bunch of class tutorials featuring some good players explaining what the hell.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

signalnoise posted:

Less than a week for me to fight someone with a swastika emblem

Was it a Viking? They used Swastikas. Right wingers love this historical fact.

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
Going to be on xbone all night. Drinking and Viking. Mexicola654 if anyone wants to exchange racial slurs over mic.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Are any of the game modes better for XP than others? Prestiging tickles that progression-itch.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

how me a frog posted:

Vikings were also progressive as gently caress so they can suck a dick. Not that neo nazis actually care about history past what makes them feel right.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

Are any of the game modes better for XP than others? Prestiging tickles that progression-itch.

Probably 2v2 against bots. Dump em into a gully 3 times as many times as you please

panda clue
May 23, 2014

how me a frog posted:

Isn't there a Japanese backwards Swastika thing too?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

QuasiQuack posted:

dominion would get you 7 other people potentially to get you champion bonus xp I guess.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

panda clue posted:

Unit 731?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

panda clue posted:

thats a big thing throught india and se asia. It shows up in native american tribes as well.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

how me a frog posted:

Lawbringer

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i've been sticking with a random emblem but now i wanna make a judge dredd one.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

Also emblem time.

Emblem time ate up my entire morning. Suddenly 2 or 3 hours were gone, I lost track of when I started, and I still am not happy with it.

I'm never buying steel, but I'd instantly buy extra emblem layers if they ever sold them.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 19, 2017

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

super macho dude posted:

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think there is a counter to the stabs. If you don't get 3 stabs then you probably didn't time it right.

how me a frog posted:

How does the ps4 group actually work? I joined but I don't seem to be able to play with anyone.

The PS4 group is just another way to lfg and / or see who's playing the game. Other games let you join on a player through the group's Now Playing tab but this one doesn't. You can use the group to see who is playing and message them for an invite.

As long as you're a scrub garbage idiot like me then you can group with me, PSN: mr_dread

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Well you see deus vult hurr durrr :jerkbag:

Also nobushis get rather upset when you nail the valkyrie's bleed attack, goodness

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

there's a ps4 group?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

there's a ps4 group?

Yes, search communities for Honoraburu like Jeff K

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Capn Beeb posted:

Well you see deus vult hurr durrr :jerkbag:

Also nobushis get rather upset when you nail the valkyrie's bleed attack, goodness

Nobushi's seem to get upset with me out-spearing them as a Valkyrie in general. I went 2-0 down to one then got my poo poo together and won 3 in a row, I said good fight and he just goes "Nah gently caress you twat." Fuckin' weebs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Nobushi's seem to get upset with me out-spearing them as a Valkyrie in general. I went 2-0 down to one then got my poo poo together and won 3 in a row, I said good fight and he just goes "Nah gently caress you twat." Fuckin' weebs...

I had one do that in a skirmish fight, then ran when I got her dialed in.

Boy oh boy did they not like that javelin in their spine :ohdear: