Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STkh15nZ1uA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
How has Black Sails turned out as a show? I watched the first few episodes of the first season and fell out of it. I've heard that it made a big turnaround but I don't want to venture into that thread for fear of spoilers. So, should I give Black Sails another try?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

bring back old gbs posted:

woww, thats is exactly NOT up my alley but I absolutely love the animation, I've always wanted to see this style of art done fully 3-d

Netflix weirdly seems to be a dumping ground of 2D adaptations of DreamWorks cg animations. From the couple my kids have tossed on, the animation and character designs are usually not too bad, but boy everything else is.

The whole 3d movie -> 2D animated series thing seems to be a general trend as well, I know there are a couple of upcoming shows on some of the cable networks that are similar.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

How has Black Sails turned out as a show? I watched the first few episodes of the first season and fell out of it. I've heard that it made a big turnaround but I don't want to venture into that thread for fear of spoilers. So, should I give Black Sails another try?

Superb, go watch it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hughmoris posted:

Season 1 was slow and very heavy on build-up and I almost gave up on it, but it finally got going around the end of season 1 and has not stopped being amazing since then.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

Season 1 was slow and very heavy on build-up and I almost gave up on it, but it finally got going around the end of season 1 and has not stopped being amazing since then.

Yeah, much like Peaky Blinders or Penny Dreadful, it's a show that keeps getting better. I still need to finish season 3.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Steve Irwin's kid was on Fallon's show last night and it was almost like watching a small Steve Irwin clone. He was great but it made me miss Steve :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Crocodile Hunter? Aw man yeah, I used to love that show. Is it streaming anywhere?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JJ Abrams has announced another Hulu/Stephen King collaboration with "Castle Rock." So far that's pretty much all the news is.

There's a teaser trailer but it doesn't say anything other than "Hey, Stephen King stuff exists"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHupqE1LCI

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Their last collaboration with Hulu was really good so I'm looking forward to this.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

X-O posted:

Steve Irwin's kid was on Fallon's show last night and it was almost like watching a small Steve Irwin clone. He was great but it made me miss Steve :(

I didn't know Steve Irwin had a son, I only ever heard of his daughter. Bindi, I think?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm nearing the end of Black Sails S3 and it's awesome. I had a hard time early on but was advised to stick with the world building and it paid off big. Some great characters and amazing moments that wouldn't have been half as good without that slow buildup. My only problem with the show is I can't decide whether to watch S4 week to week or wait and binge it all at once.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

raditts posted:

I didn't know Steve Irwin had a son, I only ever heard of his daughter. Bindi, I think?

That's Steve's oldest kid that was on the show a lot I think. Robert was really young when Steve was killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrVfuDx4ET8

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I loving hate my avatar now plz make recommendations for new ones. I'm kinda feelin something from Over the Garden Wall I think

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

I loving hate my avatar now plz make recommendations for new ones. I'm kinda feelin something from Over the Garden Wall I think

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wish Jimmy Fallon was dead.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

What did he do now?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Continue living, mainly.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Escobarbarian posted:

or

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 18, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This Is Us is emotionally destroying me. It's so goddamned sappy but it's tugging at my heart with every episode we watch.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is it more sappy than Parenthood? It looks like a shameless Parenthood ripoff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Over the Garden Wall was so loving good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

If it was possible to get this below the size limit I would totally use it

and yeah This Is Us is super sappy and cheesy but I like it more than Parenthood. last episode was pretty devastating.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Over the Garden Wall was so loving good.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

It's one of those things where, even if I loved the heck out of it, I still don't want them to make more because it ended so perfectly, even of a lot of it went unexplained.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's a perfect miniseries. Also an actual masterpiece imo

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Of all the people to expend your rage on you pick the most white bread milquetoast inoffensive late night dude. I mean surely there are better targets out there

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

While Parenthood was good, This is Us has Sterling K. Brown and you just can't beat that. This last episode he was unreal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

Of all the people to expend your rage on you pick the most white bread milquetoast inoffensive late night dude. I mean surely there are better targets out there

Jimmy Fallon is a violent alcoholic rear end in a top hat actually, he just has good publicists.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wandle Cax posted:

My favorite guest on the Tonight Show is Louis CK because he barely conceals his contempt for Fallon. But yeah I think James Corden might be worse.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I was going to say wouldn't the author whose name I can't remember hate him more, but then I remembered she had beef with Seth Meyers over the apartment.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

END ME SCOOB posted:

I was going to say wouldn't the author whose name I can't remember hate him more, but then I remembered she had beef with Seth Meyers over the apartment.

I'd like to know more about any of this.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

My favorite guest on the Tonight Show is Louis CK because he barely conceals his contempt for Fallon. But yeah I think James Corden might be worse.

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about Corden.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

His interviews are insufferable because every conversation has to be about him. he always interrupts with a stupid anecdote about himself every chance he gets. He's like if Graham Norton was a retard narcissist.

Also I loving hate carpool karaoke and every single movie that Corden has been involved in. I turned off Begin Again when his stupid face showed up.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DivisionPost posted:

I'd like to know more about any of this.

I legitimately cannot recall her name right now, author, and every time she comes on his show she's just bitter and making GBS threads on him constantly in the interview about "I was all lined up to buy this apartment in the city and then you swooped in, mister 'I have 3mil in cash'. YOU TOOK MY APARTMENT." But she's witty so it's always taking on new forms. The last I saw was "yeah, they booked me because I finished my new book, would you like to read it?" "Oh no, I can't, I have a baby now-" "Yeah, I didn't think so, we didn't send over a copy for a reason you illiterate degenerate."

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

OK I just watched the first 3 episodes of new 24 and what the gently caress are you nerds complaining about? This is awesome vintage Dumb as hell 24! I cannot imagine what people are having problems with, CTU still sucks at their job, the new Jack is still a damaged lone badass, it's still vaguely-to-very racist towards muslims, dudes get shot a lot, the plot is stupid as all hell with multiple twists; it's 24 as gently caress!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

While Parenthood was good, This is Us has Sterling K. Brown and you just can't beat that. This last episode he was unreal.

My girlfriend's father just passed and I'm worried that watching the show will devastate her and I'm the one blubbering like a baby.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reminder that there's a This Is Us thread and I'm the only one posting in it :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

Reminder that there's a This Is Us thread and I'm the only one posting in it :colbert:

We fell way behind due to the illness and death of my girlfriend's father. We have one more to watch and I will be caught up and then I will join that thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Is there anything to discuss though? I mean the show is basically non-stop melodrama the show and if you wonder what is going to happen at any moment the answer is "the most dramatic segue into something hopeful possible". I mean I enjoy the show but there are soap operas with more restrained dramatic developments.

• Locked thread