Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's this guy

Appearntly he is the leader a super hero team or something from U 11. Also he is considered a candidate for becoming a God of Destruction.

That would explain why he is there in the first place, I was thinking he was like Kibito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RealFoxy posted:

I recognize that the Dragon Ball cast are really getting up there in terms of power level, but Buu is like a cosmic-level threat, isn't he? How does anyone beat Buu short of him getting bored or something?

They don't and won't.

Even in Universe 7, Buu is in the top 5 most powerful at this moment.

No one short of Goku or Vegeta can take Buu on head to head on Earth, and only Beerus and Whis could beat him elsewhere. Gohan should be able to, but only if he's back at top form.

So for eligible fighters, Buu is right there at number three, maybe four depending on what Gohan does.

Most of the universes don't seem to have the same kind of insane power houses that Universe 7 has, considering Hit was the only one remotely on Universe 7's level and he was bored beyond belief in his universe.

There'll be a few really powerful guys, like the dude in training to be a God of Destruction, but the vast majority of the 120 new characters will be Yamcha scrubs who think blowing up a planet makes them hot poo poo.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
I wonder if he'll turn anyone into candy down the line.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I recognize that the Dragon Ball cast are really getting up there in terms of power level, but Buu is like a cosmic-level threat, isn't he? How does anyone beat Buu short of him getting bored or something?

You can actually beat the regenerator out of him, someone like Goku, Vegeta, or Beerus would eventually paste him.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tbf Good Buu really isn't that strong to begin with, he's just totally indestructible/has weird abilities

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

tbf Good Buu really isn't that strong to begin with, he's just totally indestructible/has weird abilities

Yeah, didn't he lost a lot of his sheer power when he split off from Evil Buu?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rirse posted:

Yeah, didn't he lost a lot of his sheer power when he split off from Evil Buu?

I'm not sure, but he never really seemed to be much of a threat offensively to the main cast even when first awakened.

What made him dangerous was always the "totally unkillable" part

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yinlock posted:

I don't think so, but he never really seemed to be much of a threat offensively to the main cast even when first awakened.

Well he was also able to hit pretty hard as well.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pretty sure Buu punched the hell out of Majin Vegeta, though to be fair, Vegeta was tired from his fight with Goku.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's still strong enough to go toe to toe with Kid Buu for longer than anyone except Gohan likely could have.

Seriously he gave Kid Buu the best fight out of Vegeta and Goku and with the least amount of help. At the end of the Buu Saga, barring Spirit Bomb, Buu was the second most powerful character in the known universe due to his immortal body and weird bullshit. Gohan being the most powerful.

Now by the time of Super, with the Battle of the Gods and all, Buu has dropped to number five thanks to us meeting Whis and Beerus and Goku and Vegeta's power spikes.

The problem with Buu is that he can't really get any stronger outside of fusing with people. So long as the other fighters keep getting stronger, he'll steadily drop down bit by bit. Gohan is sure to overtake him just because we know for a fact Gohan can be more powerful.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Clearly the solution is that he should start absorbing his tournament opponents.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I always figured Buu was a threat when he really tried or you really pissed him off. I mean, he can still candy beam you. However, chilled out now and fed by Satan, Buu viewed the fight literally as just playing.

But wow, I didn't know everyone from Universe 9 was an rear end in a top hat. Are you sure Zam-Zam didn't come from that Universe? Kais over there seem to be giant dickholes.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this episode absolutely delivered on what i wanted to see buu do in a fight. wacky stretchy stuff, crazy regen and resilience, and having a real good time

it was so nice to see buu have some fun, and then also get super pissed off. he's been kind of lethargic and whiny in other episodes of Super and his personality really got a chance to shine here in some good ways

i think this tournament arc is where Super is really going to get good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Buu fought a big kicking junkie wolf

Next episode Gohan will fight a big REDNECK PSYCHO junkie wolf

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm glad that Supreme Kai got to hug Beerus
His fur must be so smooth and comfortable.
I wanna hug a purple cat god too!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

does anyone have a gif of the beerus hug yet

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This episode ruled and I hope the rest of the tournament is as cool.

Beerus Hug vs. Zamasu Hug

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Mr. Satan and Buu also had a pretty good hug.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I guess the Gohan job train keeps on rollin'

I hope it's a clean sweep.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lavender promised to kill him a situation where the the tournament organizers have said they don't care if anyone is killed, and there's no opportunity to cheese it with the dragon balls.

the next episode is set up so Gohan can't really possibly lose this fight without them walking poo poo back really suddenly or them not caring an iota about all the marketing they've done already.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
This episode was great. My prediction for what happens is that Gohan get killed by this guy that is obsessed with killing people and then goes to the afterlife and the Kais make him a beast again and then Goku obliterates the final guy in a fit of rage for killing his son, then The Gang resurrects him in time for the real tournament which explains why they don't res Paikon or something.

edit: then in the quarter/semi finals it turns out U9 uses the FoxBalls to res their dude and he's hella strong and then Gohan F's him up.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Another great "HOW DARE YOU HIT MY BULMA/VIDEL/SATAN!!!" moment. Gotta love those.

I have a feeling if someone hit ChiChi in front of Goku he'd be like "Oh dang! Are you okay wife?!?!?!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

graham cracker posted:

I have a feeling if someone hit ChiChi in front of Goku he'd be like "Oh dang! Are you okay wife?!?!?!"

We saw this isn't true though. Goku went loving nuts when Zamas told him what he did to Chi-Chi and Goten.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

ImpAtom posted:

We saw this isn't true though. Goku went loving nuts when Zamas told him what he did to Chi-Chi and Goten.

Chi-Chi AND Goten, who Goku probably thinks is a young version of himself from the past so saving him is more a self-preservation type thing.

I refuse to take dragon ball seriously. :arale:

edit: Until Trunks has to go back to the future and that loving song plays. :qq:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kibito is kind of a dick for not healing Satan.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Kild posted:

Kibito is kind of a dick for not healing Satan.

Kibito let Buu help his friend Satan, tyvm

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

contrary to popular belief, Goku has redeeming qualities and legitimately cares about at least some of the people close to him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hope Gohan wins and Zeno just declares the last match to be winner takes all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TFRazorsaw posted:

contrary to popular belief, Goku has redeeming qualities and legitimately cares about at least some of the people close to him.

He doesn't really care but he doesn't want them to like die or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I hope Gohan wins and Zeno just declares the last match to be winner takes all

The nice thing about the Zeno thing is that they have a completely legitimate in-story reason for having complete bullshit rules that nobody can argue with

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yinlock posted:

I'm not sure, but he never really seemed to be much of a threat offensively to the main cast even when first awakened.

Nah you're misremembering fat buu was a complete loving wrecking ball when he first showed up

Ssj3 goku was the only dude in his weight class

He may not be that strong now but the fact that hes the only dude to last more than two seconds against beerus before vegetas ragesplosion says hes still a big deal

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 19, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember that time Gohan got knocked out by having a bubblegum man whose gimmick is that he's extremely malleable thrown into him? I do.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This episode was really good. It made me legitimately happy.

I really think they are setting all this up for Gohan to win and Goku to lose his match. I mean, in the Opening he is shown to be clearly overpowering the furry. Doubt they would want to spoil that unless it's a red herring (something that the Super team loves to do) and that opening scene is actually depicting how Goku's rematch against the furry after getting curb stomped real bad will go.

I mean, we all thought that the big hooded guy in team 11 was Mr. Alien from the opening, but he is actually one of the background guys in it. Expect everything in this arc to be a red herring (The Grand Priest being evil, the Clown God of Destruction being evil, etc.).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Something interesting that was mentioned in this episode was that Goku and the others apparently couldn't sense the energy of the Trio De Dangers. I wonder if that's going to be a thing for the tournament where they can't sense the power of the other universes competitors, making it that much harder to predict what their opponent is about.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 19, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
But they had no trouble with Universe 6 guys.

There's no one saying this Exhibition Match is actually best 2 out of 3 so it's actually completely possible for Universe 7 to sweep Universe 9 (and then Zenox2 erases Universe 9 because they're boring).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Dragon Ball Super: Hugs Not Drugs

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Nah you're misremembering fat buu was a complete loving wrecking ball when he first showed up

I mean Vegeta kinda beat the poo poo out of him, he just couldn't do any real damage to finish him off. Which is funny because Buu just mysteriously gas'd himself later vs kid Buu. Considering Buu is probably weaker now those guys he's fighting are probably weaker than Vegeta was back then.

psymonkey posted:

which explains why they don't res Paikon or something.

Paikon isn't even canon afaik. Also people are kidding themselves if they think this tournament doesn't end with Goku wishing all the other universes back with the balls or asking for that as a prize instead of the balls.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 19, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

But they had no trouble with Universe 6 guys.

True, but that could just be because Universe 6 and 7 are a pair.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dragon Ball Super: To be loved like Satan's Buu.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm honestly kind of bothered by the fact that everyone from Universe 9 seems to be an amoral rear end in a top hat (except Sidra who seems like a cool guy). Why are they all dicks? I know Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy is a thing, but come on. :argh:

What can you expect from a universe that has Voldemort as its God of Creation?

• Locked thread