Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
So a Facebook friend posted about Sweden becoming the "rape capital of the west" after letting in refugees. Does anyone have any good articles or sources refuting that? I'd find one myself but Google is not being helpful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Farecoal posted:

So a Facebook friend posted about Sweden becoming the "rape capital of the west" after letting in refugees. Does anyone have any good articles or sources refuting that? I'd find one myself but Google is not being helpful
Rape is Sweden, compared to any generic Western country, is defined very broadly, and Swedish are more prone to actually report offenses on sexual grounds. Every country would be "rape capital of the world" with Swedish laws and willingness to talk about their issues.

Also, this.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Rape is Sweden, compared to any generic Western country, is defined very broadly, and Swedish are more prone to actually report offenses on sexual grounds. Every country would be "rape capital of the world" with Swedish laws and willingness to talk about their issues.

Also, this.

Good post, read this.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Dirk Pitt posted:

Sorry, I don't know where else to go for answers to this type of poo poo. But is this a serious story (my gut says to call bullshit on it)?

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.3723/swedish-court-approves-of-child-marriage.html

Here's the original piece http://www.vlt.se/opinion/ledare/sakine-madon-rattsvasendet-sviker-hedersutsatta-flickor

Seems hosed up but not implausible. I doubt Madon would make things up. The article you posted seems more biased though.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Also, this.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

Sorry, I don't know where else to go for answers to this type of poo poo. But is this a serious story (my gut says to call bullshit on it)?

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.3723/swedish-court-approves-of-child-marriage.html

The article is hyperbolic but more importantly wrong. The court ruled against the forceful separation not for any cultural reasons but because the municipality could not prove that she was actually in danger nor that she was actually underage.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=86&artikel=6629265

quote:

Socialtjänsten i Mönsterås kommun bestämde att tvångsvårda en gravid flicka. Fallet fick mycket uppmärksamhet då det handlade om barnäktenskap och ledde till att socialtjänstens kontor i Mönsterås fick utrymmas och polisanmälningar upprättades.

Förvaltningsrätten i Växjö anser nu att socialtjänsten agerade fel. Rätten menar bland annat att det inte är styrkt att flickan behöver tvångsvård och att hennes ålder är oklar.

Mönsterås kommun hävdar dock fortfarande att den gravida flickan är under 15 år och behöver vård och har nu överklagat förvaltningsrättens beslut till Kammarrätten i Jönköping.

– Det är ju fortfarande ett pågående ärende eftersom man har överklagat det här. Vi får väl se vad man säger i nästa instans, säger Claus Kempe, informationschef Mönsterås kommun.

Flickans ålder var dock inte det enda som var avgörande i rättens beslut, enligt flickans advokat Gunnar Larsson.

– Det är väl en helhetsbedömning av det som har framkommit och att man helt enkelt inte tyckte att förhållandena var sådana att det var motiverat med ett fortsatt omhändertagande.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

The article is hyperbolic but more importantly wrong. The court ruled against the forceful separation not for any cultural reasons but because the municipality could not prove that she was actually in danger nor that she was actually underage.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=86&artikel=6629265

Thank you very much. I didn't think to check sveriges radio. I figured the "article" was terribly wrong. I am still looking for good news places here in Sweden, I'll check them more often.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Dirk Pitt posted:

Thank you very much. I didn't think to check sveriges radio. I figured the "article" was terribly wrong. I am still looking for good news places here in Sweden, I'll check them more often.

SR is a good source. So is SVT, state media haters be damned.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

"This means that Sweden now approves of Sharia law."

Sounds legit.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

He did say his gut was telling him it was bullshit. :v:

I think the most horrifying part of that article is those comments.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Fader Movitz posted:

Here's the original piece http://www.vlt.se/opinion/ledare/sakine-madon-rattsvasendet-sviker-hedersutsatta-flickor

Seems hosed up but not implausible. I doubt Madon would make things up. The article you posted seems more biased though.

loving gross

everyone involved from the courts should kill themselves. it would be the honorable thing to do.

also let's hope we don't get blown up by isis sleeper agents
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=6540648

these boys have probably been part of some war crimes (???) am i going crazy :suicide:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my thoughts to all the swedes for the tragic event of yesterday

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So I just found out that Finland's national hero is a Nazi-collaborator interwar general/strongman :stare:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustaf_Emil_Mannerheim

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

So I just found out that Finland's national hero is a Nazi-collaborator interwar general/strongman :stare:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustaf_Emil_Mannerheim

Why are you surprised that a Finnish leader during WW2 was a Nazi-collaborator?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Mannerheim was fantastic, probably also a horrible guy like all historical figures are by our metric.
But he was a good leader

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Andrast posted:

Why are you surprised that a Finnish leader during WW2 was a Nazi-collaborator?

not sure if this post is pro or anti finland

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Did you mean to post this in the Finnpol thread?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Did you mean to post this in the Finnpol thread?
He is exceedingly dumb so he unlikely knows about Finnpol or the fact that Finland is not part of Scandinavia.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Finland, nazi collaborators? :monocle:

Svartvit fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 19, 2017

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

not sure if this post is pro or anti finland

doesn't have anything to do with it tbf

finland did the right thing working with germany vs russia to protect their sovereignty

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Wild Horses posted:

loving gross

everyone involved from the courts should kill themselves. it would be the honorable thing to do.

also let's hope we don't get blown up by isis sleeper agents
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=6540648

these boys have probably been part of some war crimes (???) am i going crazy :suicide:

Don't lose any sleep over it. The chance of ending up in a terror attack is so vanishingly slim I'd be more worried about slipping in the shower tbh. People in the Middle East or Africa are the ones who should worry.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-cited-a-nonexistent-incident-in-sweden-during-his-rally-on-saturday-2017-2

quote:

President Donald Trump cited a nonexistent incident in Sweden while talking about the relationship between terror attacks and refugees around the world during a rally in Melbourne, Florida, on Saturday.

"You look at what's happening in Germany. You look at what's happening last night in Sweden ... Sweden ... who would believe this? Sweden, they took in large numbers, they are having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening Brussels, you look at what's happening all over the world," Trump said.

No incident occurred in Sweden on Friday night.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Grevling posted:

Don't lose any sleep over it. The chance of ending up in a terror attack is so vanishingly slim I'd be more worried about slipping in the shower tbh. People in the Middle East or Africa are the ones who should worry.

About as likely to die by lightning strike as terrorism, and let's not get started by how likely you are to be murdered by your furniture - truly the evil is among us, plotting our downfall silently in the living room. But well, it was never about the actual danger, it's about the big bad moooslems are coming to get us and rape out women.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/833219648044855296

https://twitter.com/DougallChops/status/833268073419403264

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Revelation 2-13 posted:

About as likely to die by lightning strike as terrorism, and let's not get started by how likely you are to be murdered by your furniture - truly the evil is among us, plotting our downfall silently in the living room.0

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

About as likely to die by lightning strike as terrorism, and let's not get started by how likely you are to be murdered by your furniture - truly the evil is among us, plotting our downfall silently in the living room. But well, it was never about the actual danger, it's about the big bad moooslems are coming to get us and rape out women.

this is both naive and pretty cold

war tourists and jihadists should be put on trial if only because the alternative is shrugging in the face of war crimes,
like sexual slavery and murder.

'oh suddenly isis is losing against the kurds, wasn't that fun anyway let me come back sweden'
lmao let's help them out

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Wild Horses posted:

war tourists and jihadists should be put on trial if only because the alternative is shrugging in the face of war crimes,

'oh suddenly isis is losing against the kurds, wasn't that fun anyway let me come back sweden'
lmao let's help them out

Who/what fictional argument is this even replying to?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

They are: https://www.nrk.no/norge/norske-is-krigere-terrordomt-1.12351471

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

lmao let's help them out

Please, if there is proof of ill deeds they will be brought to trial. We know this because that has already happened. If there is no proof of crime I sure prefer that the municipality's pay extra attention and help them find something resembling a normal life. You know, to ensure that the next time we hear about them isn't on the six o'clock news.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Beeswax posted:

Who/what fictional argument is this even replying to?

'terrorism isn't a problem, because a single person will have a small chance of death' isn't an argument.

what's scary is terrorism in sweden causing social upheaval or a shift towards more hard right politics.
having lots of ideologically motivared criminals coming home is not exactly lessening the chance for violence in the country

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

'terrorism isn't a problem, because a single person will have a small chance of death' isn't an argument.

what's scary is terrorism in sweden causing social upheaval or a shift towards more hard right politics.
having lots of ideologically motivared criminals coming home is not exactly lessening the chance for violence in the country

Who are arguing against prosecuting those people?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Wild Horses posted:

No one said to ignore it, or to let criminals and/or murderers run free, you stupid rear end in a top hat.

Someone said you shouldn't be worried, because terrorism isn't actually very dangerous, this isn't even a controversial opinion or anything, it's something we've literally known for hundreds of years - it works because the media exaggerates the threat and people react completely irrationality to the media coverage (such as start blaming the Jews for losing WW I). People are utter imbeciles when it comes to terror (I blame lack of math and probability in the education system), and especially if politicians fall for it too realize that there are votes to be had in being 'tough on immigration', because people stupidly believe immigration and terror are related.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 19, 2017

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
it was me

i did the Sweden incident

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
To be fair, Trump did explicitly ask the question "who would believe this?"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

my thoughts to all the swedes for the tragic event of yesterday

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Just because you people have grown used to constant explosions and marauding gangs of Malmö doesn't mean that it's normal for the rest of the world.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I too miss the days when you could go for a countyside drive in Skåne without getting kidnapped by a local band of warboys have hungering for your blood and engine.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

I too miss the days when you could go for a countyside drive in Skåne without getting kidnapped by a local band of warboys have hungering for your blood and engine.

I don't know man, have you ever been to the Sjöbo - Hörby area aka the real deep south?

Konec Hry fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 19, 2017

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Rape is Sweden

Don't we have a Freud emoticon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Karpaw posted: