Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

KungFu Grip posted:

Was there an AAW show this weekend?

Yes, it started slow but blew the house down after intermission. Among the highlights:

- Low-Ki beat El Hijo de Fantasma to put himself in contention for a title shot
- Rey Fenix pinned Sami Callihan in the final trios match, so I would assume we're up to four possible #1 contenders between him, Low-Ki, ZSJ, and Big Mike
- They're leaning hard into the Kingston/Homicide v the Killer Cult story for now
- Jason Kincaid charmed everyone by the end of his match with Riddle
- El Hijo de Fantasma is a very very very very very very very pretty man. #thirst

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Jason Kincaid is up there with Chris Hero as far as being one of the nicest guys I've met in wrestling and I'm glad to see someone from that bumblefuck MSW doing really well for himself :)

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
At PWG, im the rear end in a top hat up front in the njpw hoodie and the I need a ticket sign if anyones around.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I'm at the HOG show, and I'm actually shocked Alberto El Patron showed up.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

And he just came out to Don't Stop Believing. Hilarious.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/Eperez49/status/833176948666822658

:rip:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It's like Chris Hero broke a ring once, so everyone decided they'd get on the bandwagon of the hot new thing, except the hot new thing is being pathetic and incompetent at something every wrestling anything aside from WCW Backstage Assault did.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They had to get a replacement on short notice since their ring truck burned up

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Was there an AAW show this weekend?

yeah i'll prob post a whole thing when things are slow at work. main event was excellent. i sat next to a small child who was wearing three sami callihan shirts at once

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/Eperez49/status/833187673212792832

Sucks for such a big night :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Maybe they'll try to fix it more completely during intermission, at least. Hope everyone stays safe.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

So what happened between Trevor and Cody? Trevor said some poo poo about Dusty, and Cody is apologizing on twitter for what happened next which will get edited out of the DVD?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sub Rosa posted:

So what happened between Trevor and Cody? Trevor said some poo poo about Dusty, and Cody is apologizing on twitter for what happened next which will get edited out of the DVD?

He's gonna get try to get Trevor saying "gently caress Dusty Rhodes" edited off the show when its released.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
The 6-man tag broke the ring a second time -_-
https://twitter.com/Binky4666/status/833220735736901632

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
ZSJ beat Chucky T then turned heel with Marty to beat him down after match. Best friends vs New School I guess since lovely Greg was out for the save.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

gently caress you PWG

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ishin posted:

ZSJ beat Chucky T then turned heel with Marty to beat him down after match. Best friends vs New School I guess since lovely Greg was out for the save.

I think that's a really good turn of events and that's really cool. I wish I could have gone tonight.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Just got back. Not only did I get in but ended up getting a solid seat. Got to meet a bunch of the guys before and after the show, and even met Adam Jones, which was a thrill since Tool has been my favorite band for years. They've got a special thing going and I get now why the regulars (including the wrestlers) don't want to change anything about it even if there is more money to be made and a bigger venue would be more comfortable. Probably in the top three most fun I've had at a show and will try to go every time for as long as I'm in LA.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ishin posted:

The 6-man tag broke the ring a second time -_-
https://twitter.com/Binky4666/status/833220735736901632

they should burn that ring

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Jenkem Delivery posted:

gently caress you PWG

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope lovely greg doesnt become champ

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

gently caress you Zack you poo poo idiot

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zack is a babyface

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Super No Vacancy posted:

zack is a babyface
Just because he wears a diaper does not make him a good boy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/833421699743875077

They're finally bringing in the big Japanese names

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RealFoxy posted:

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/833421699743875077

They're finally bringing in the big Japanese names

I want to see Kenny Omega wrestle himself for 30 minutes with Cornette in the crowd

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

This makes me sad, but maybe tag team belts :smith:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

TUS posted:

This makes me sad, but maybe tag team belts :smith:

Seems like they're building to Cobb and Riddle winning the tag belts to me, but guys lose their first title shot in PWG only to win the belt later all the time. Kyle lost his first shot to Cole, Roddy lost his first shot to Kyle, Zack lost his first shot to Roddy (though granted, his two title matches were almost a year apart). I could easily see Best Friends beating LDRS in a tag match (Guerrilla Warfare, maybe?) and then Chuck winning the rematch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Chuck's been in PWG for almost 9 years.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

Chuck's been in PWG for almost 9 years.

i think he's the longest tenured non-cali guy at this point.

to think his first pwg date was with vin fuckin' gerard of all people.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

gently caress chuck I hope he dies

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
PWG Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock N Roll) is on March 18th

Shane Strickland vs Dezmond Xavier (debut for both)
Sami Callihan vs Adam Cole
Keith Lee debuts vs Brian Cage
Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb vs. OI4K
Lio Rush vs Trevor Lee
Sabre & Scrull vs. Trent? & Chuck
PWG Tag Team Triple Threat: Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix vs. Sydal & Ricochet vs. Young Bucks(c)

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 20, 2017

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
that 3wAy tag fuckin poo poo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ribtstu posted:

that 3wAy tag fuckin poo poo

Jesus loving Christ Penta el 0M and Rey Fenix vs Sydal/Ricochet vs. Young bucks is going to insane

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

PWG Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock N Roll) is on March 18th

Shane Strickland vs Dezmond Xavier (debut for both)
Sami Callihan vs Adam Cole
Keith Lee debuts vs Brian Cage
Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb vs. OI4K
Lio Rush vs Trevor Lee
Sabre & Scrull vs. Trent? & Chuck
PWG Tag Team Triple Threat: Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix vs. Sydal & Ricochet vs. Young Bucks(c)

Tickets for Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll) go on sale this Thursday, February 23rd at 8PM PDT!

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
That 3 way looks absolutely insane. That card in general looks amazing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ishin posted:

That 3 way looks absolutely insane. That card in general looks amazing.

It's probably the best card they've put out in a while. I'd be cool with the Shooting Stars winning the tag 3 way and then dropping the straps to Pineapple Express.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i am glad of more pwg debuts. dezmond, strickland and fenix tore the house down in a three way at wrestlecircus tonight

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That three-way tag title match, mother of god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
At this point Pentagon and Fenix are probably easier to get to show up than Bucks are with them being tied up with ROH and NJPW.