Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh hey I completely rebooted the game and now I can choose orders again. That's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Evil Canadian posted:

I just saw a valk with a non-blonde hair colour, how exactly do you change up a characters hair colours? I previewed the outfits don't seem to be that.

Haircut and color changes with helmets for her. There's a helmet with red hair at prestige 1, and a purple haired one at prestige 2.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?

Alkydere posted:

I don't think anyone will argue about that. The game is utter rear end to get into...but when you're in it's amazing.

At least the party/friend system stuff is better than BF1's Battlelog.

Battlelog is dead. If it's even still around next to no one uses it. App is better and quicplay isn't so much hot garbage now.

The BF1 party system isn't perfect but world's away from previous games. Enjoy.

Glad to hear For Honor's party system is good though. I'll start desperately trying to convince my friends to buy it, heh. I swear they are real.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Switched my try hard Warden to Lawbringer and now I have to try even harder.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Do it, bring law to these bloody peasants. Deus vult!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I played lawbringer for a bit and hes about the best scrubkiller in the game after the warden(as long as you know the warden mixup). I don't think hes fantastically competitively but shove, grab, sideheavy, shove,grab til you are out of stam is basically free against everyone right now.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 19, 2017

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Soft Shell Crab posted:

For people who don't watch their stamina though, he is quite fun. I had a game where an orochi spent the entire duel exhausted. It has been a long time since I seen someone panic so thoroughly in a video game. Obviously against good players this will not happen but you get your fun where you will.

You are right though in that winning with Warden and the shoulder mix-up is miles easier. I didn't have to learn how to counter guard break properly till I played Lawbringer, I would just throw out lights instead.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pretty sure the best hero for killing new players is the Shugoki. People that don't play around his poise get destroyed and then cry about how OP he is.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Boy that campaign sure was bad. If you dont care about the cosmetics you probably shouldn't waste your time.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I don't think anything is quite as entertaining as shugoki mirror matches

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

punch drunk posted:

Boy that campaign sure was bad. If you dont care about the cosmetics you probably shouldn't waste your time.

The cutscenes with apollyon owning people were pretty cool anyway :shrug:

Also you get 5 lootboxes and hell of steel for beating story mode so its not a fruitless endeavor.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Pretty sure the best hero for killing new players is the Shugoki. People that don't play around his poise get destroyed and then cry about how OP he is.

I really need to learn the fat man. He seems fun. I'm just terrified I am going to get parried over and over, then pooped on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

How do you get the makeover trophy/achievement for changing the look of the gear? I see the change look option but it's greyed out.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Hypha posted:

I really need to learn the fat man. He seems fun. I'm just terrified I am going to get parried over and over, then pooped on.

good news. His strong attacks can't be parried if you break lock-on before the swing hits.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

How do you get the makeover trophy/achievement for changing the look of the gear? I see the change look option but it's greyed out.

Make sure that you've recruited the hero in quesi

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Iron Rose posted:

Make sure that you've recruited the hero in quesi

I've recruited everyone. Must unlock above prestige one?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

You need two different looking pieces of gear for the same slot to change look. It's basically just transmutation from mmos, required steel cost included.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

good news. His strong attacks can't be parried if you break lock-on before the swing hits.

So like dark souls dead-angling all over again?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nasgate posted:

You need two different looking pieces of gear for the same slot to change look. It's basically just transmutation from mmos, required steel cost included.

Ohh that is it, I tend to scrap all but one of each armor. Thanks

Also Warlord is fuckin great, do way better with him that anyone. Love defensive/counterattack heroes. I think he's gonna be my main.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I prestiged my valkryie tonight, pretty cool that it's automatic and you don't lose anything. :toot:

Also hitting dudes with your javelin when they're stuck in your beat trap is loving metal :unsmigghh:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Ohh that is it, I tend to scrap all but one of each armor. Thanks

Also Warlord is fuckin great, do way better with him that anyone. Love defensive/counterattack heroes. I think he's gonna be my main.

Warlord's great- it's kinda weird that highly defensive classes like conqueror and warlord are some of the best offensive classes in the game because they have a way to get around counter guard break.

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

Gunder posted:

Warlord chat: I keep trying to do his parry into a guard break move, but only about 20% of the time does he correctly zoom forward after parrying and connect the Guard Break, the rest of the time he just stands on the spot and whiffs a standard guard break animation, giving the opponent plenty of time to recover from the parry. It's really frustrating, as he doesn't get much out of a parry otherwise. I've tried varying the speed at which I press the guard break button, to no avail. What am I missing?

For me it usually means I didn't hit guard break fast enough.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

How common is this "your rewards will be added when the response comes in" poo poo? Because I haven't got credit for a single match today

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I only ever get that in 1vs1 duels against bots, when I'm trying out a new class or after I changed my controls and try to get used to them, but than always. In the actual game I've never had that happen ever, even if i'm the only actual player left in the game.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Ok that makes sense, I started playing this yesterday and did some multiplayer until I realized I should probably learn a character first, and today has only been 1v1 with bots. It would be nice to get XP from that, but whatever.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I've only just picked this up, but it looks like the Siege model is going to be Ubi's new MO for games, kind of like Square Enix. So much mobile-game microtransaction pushing bullshit in a full-price game, it's amazing. :psyduck:

Pity, because the game is goddamn fun.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

limited posted:

I've only just picked this up, but it looks like the Siege model is going to be Ubi's new MO for games, kind of like Square Enix. So much mobile-game microtransaction pushing bullshit in a full-price game, it's amazing. :psyduck:

Pity, because the game is goddamn fun.

There's really not any microtransaction poo poo. Just customization stuff, and honestly it doesn't take long at all to get what you need anyways.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Revenge-focused Raider is loving ridiculous

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
What follows is an actual quote from the anime campaign.

:ninja:: Paper walls... No match for steel!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The Campaign dialog was written by an 80s action movie writer. "what did he say? " "I don't speak japanese" Well, two more missions and I got all the crap unlocked for a complete realistic playthrough and never have to touch it again.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

signalnoise posted:

Revenge-focused Raider is loving ridiculous

yeah, its pretty great.

I built mine around stamina, and he throws out that Dragon Shout unblockable all day erry day

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I am really, really, really liking Valkyrie. I suck so much with her, yet I can see the potential. She's really good at juggling moves, she has a lot of utility, her shield bash is fantastic for baiting enemies. I love her. It's so refreshing playing her instead of Orochi, cause Orochi has none of the same defensive moves she has. I've noticed her sideways attacks land a lot more regularly than Orochi's do, and I'm not sure why. It might be cause people don't know her moveset, or it could be cause she's so fuckin quick.

I'ma keep playing her to build up skill. I think she might be my 2nd prestige class. Kensei is definitely going to be my 3rd.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

super macho dude posted:

yeah, its pretty great.

I built mine around stamina, and he throws out that Dragon Shout unblockable all day erry day

With mine I like to have revenge damage up high, use Rage, go 1v2 some idiots because for some reason it's easier to block the person you're not fighting, then pop Revenge, hit R1+R2 and that's basically your rear end. It does like 70% of a health bar, unblockable, and you just got knocked to the drat ground you spamming piece of garbage

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So if I buy a mood effect it's only for one character right? Or can I apply it across all my characters after

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

The Iron Rose posted:

good news. His strong attacks can't be parried if you break lock-on before the swing hits

Is this accurate for everyone? Or just for Shugoki?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Any tips for grab spamming Shugoki? I'm playing as Valk and a lot of her moves chain well with dodge attacks, but grabs supercede dodges (which is bad imo). So I'm stuck doing the same lovely attack patterns cause I can't risk dodging cause all he does is spam grab and if I initiate with a dodge attack, his superarmour allows him to grab me right out of it where I can't counter it.

Also, any idea if Ubisoft will make guard breaks counterable after a dodge?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Loopoo posted:

Also, any idea if Ubisoft will make guard breaks counterable after a dodge?

I think a fair compromise would be to make them parryable but not blockable.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

signalnoise posted:

I think a fair compromise would be to make them parryable but not blockable.

How... do you parry a guard break?

Edit: I finally got what you meant. That's what I wrote. If after a dodge you can atleast cancel out of a guard break attempt. Making dodge provide invulnerability against guard break would be too OP, but the way it is now where dodging can get you insta-grabbed is a bit too punishing.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 19, 2017

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Playing as any hero that can dodge into light attack attack, just throw the attack if you know he's spamming the gb and that way it won't land. Alternatively, dodge less and get better at teching guard breaks. It really is immensely easy even if a vocal minority of the playerbase thinks that it isn't.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah, i recommend making a custom game with infinite health and rounds against a level 2/3 bot and just focusing entirely on defense, like teching guard breaks. I was dogshit at it before but now it's in my musclememory or something and I tech them a lot more naturally. If you can tech reliably you become a monster compared to before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Loopoo posted:

I am really, really, really liking Valkyrie. I suck so much with her, yet I can see the potential. She's really good at juggling moves, she has a lot of utility, her shield bash is fantastic for baiting enemies. I love her. It's so refreshing playing her instead of Orochi, cause Orochi has none of the same defensive moves she has. I've noticed her sideways attacks land a lot more regularly than Orochi's do, and I'm not sure why. It might be cause people don't know her moveset, or it could be cause she's so fuckin quick.

I'ma keep playing her to build up skill. I think she might be my 2nd prestige class. Kensei is definitely going to be my 3rd.

Here's something that might interest you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgXooUkTjg8

This seems to be the longest combo in the game right now.