Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

On the Snowden thing it's worth reading this.

http://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=743

If you're familiar at all with guys like Pollard, Ames, and/or Philby it's the same narcissistic bullshit with a different name. Key takeaways are at no point did he follow any whistleblower procedures, make any attempt to contact the congressional ethics committee or any other government organization with a similar purpose. He was also mass archiving poo poo pretty much immediately after being turned down for a position he wanted because he was too inexperienced for the position and regularly got into pissing contests with his bosses. Nothing Snowden did was out of any sense of altruism or duty.

Highlights of the review

http://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/snowden_report_highlights.pdf

and the whole review if you want to skip the intro link

http://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/hpsci_snowden_review_declassified.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
seems like an unbiased source...

e: both the house review and the poster

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bergdahl is why Battalion commanders need the ability to say "this guy is retarded, is going to get people killed, let's offer him an early discharge or shuffle him off somewhere else and make him do laundry"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Steezo posted:

On the Snowden thing it's worth reading this.

http://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=743

If you're familiar at all with guys like Pollard, Ames, and/or Philby it's the same narcissistic bullshit with a different name. Key takeaways are at no point did he follow any whistleblower procedures, make any attempt to contact the congressional ethics committee or any other government organization with a similar purpose. He was also mass archiving poo poo pretty much immediately after being turned down for a position he wanted because he was too inexperienced for the position and regularly got into pissing contests with his bosses. Nothing Snowden did was out of any sense of altruism or duty.

Highlights of the review

http://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/snowden_report_highlights.pdf

and the whole review if you want to skip the intro link

http://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/hpsci_snowden_review_declassified.pdf

probably gonna die just as philby et al did

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Reverand maynard posted:

Bergdahl is why Battalion commanders need the ability to say "this guy is retarded, is going to get people killed, let's offer him an early discharge or shuffle him off somewhere else and make him do laundry"

I think they have the ability but if you did that you'd be admitting failure or something. I had a soldier that needed to go SO BAD, did the counseling on him like clockwork and everything but rather than do any work, or god forbid have a box on a spreadsheet turn yellow or :siren:red:siren: they would just say

"That sounds like a leadership problem sergeant" :smug:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Reverand maynard posted:

They have it, but it requires people to do like 2 hours worth of paperwork.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

seems like an unbiased source...

e: both the house review and the poster

What do you think they left out?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

They have it, but it requires people to do like 2 hours worth of paperwork.

You may be joking but I did whatever the gently caress I could to get out of even ten minutes of paperwork when I was a team leader.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

You may be joking but I did whatever the gently caress I could to get out of even ten minutes of paperwork when I was a team leader.

Exactly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zeris posted:

What do you think they left out?

It's not omission necessarily, but considering how whistleblowers of all stripes are typically treated by governmental agencies it isn't too much of a stretch to take the report with a grain of salt. The government had a narrative to uphold and may have tweaked the facts to fit it.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

It's not omission necessarily, but considering how whistleblowers of all stripes are typically treated by governmental agencies it isn't too much of a stretch to take the report with a grain of salt. The government had a narrative to uphold and may have tweaked the facts to fit it.

"I don't like these facts so they might not be true"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That's been my psychological read on Eddie from the beginning so I tend to agree.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Jarmak posted:

"I don't like these facts so they might not be true"

that's not what i'm saying at all but ok :circlefap:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

That's been my psychological read on Eddie from the beginning so I tend to agree.

I am interested in what you can tell me about this Eddie

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

I am interested in what you can tell me about this Eddie

That Eddie is a good dog.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That Eddie is dead. :(

But at least we cab relive his hijinx on netflix and hulu.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

That Eddie is dead. :(

Pawlternative facts.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

DHS is aiming to step-up ICE and Border Patrol by hiring 15,000 new agents total. Also setting up something called "VOICE", or Victims Of Illegal Criminals Engagement office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0401_story.html

Here are the memos, for your reading pleasure: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...mmigrants/2338/

If I felt like getting bribed by the cartels and getting away with it, now would be the time.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/us/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-russia.html

quote:

But the proposal contains more than just a peace plan. Andrii V. Artemenko, the Ukrainian lawmaker, who sees himself as a Trump-style leader of a future Ukraine, claims to have evidence — “names of companies, wire transfers” — showing corruption by the Ukrainian president, Petro O. Poroshenko, that could help oust him. And Mr. Artemenko said he had received encouragement for his plans from top aides to Mr. Putin.

“A lot of people will call me a Russian agent, a U.S. agent, a C.I.A. agent,” Mr. Artemenko said. “But how can you find a good solution between our countries if we do not talk?”

Mr. Cohen and Mr. Sater said they had not spoken to Mr. Trump about the proposal, and have no experience in foreign policy. Mr. Cohen is one of several Trump associates under scrutiny in an F.B.I. counterintelligence examination of links with Russia, according to law enforcement officials; he has denied any illicit connections.

The two others involved in the effort have somewhat questionable pasts: Mr. Sater, 50, a Russian-American, pleaded guilty to a role in a stock manipulation scheme decades ago that involved the Mafia. Mr. Artemenko spent two and a half years in jail in Kiev in the early 2000s on embezzlement charges, later dropped, which he said had been politically motivated.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Senator McCarthyvich

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Good article Office Pig, thanks for sharing.

I also like this bit:

quote:

He entered Parliament in 2014, the year that the former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych fled to Moscow amid protests over his economic alignment with Russia and corruption. Mr. Manafort, who had been instrumental in getting Mr. Yanukovych elected,

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The House Republican Chair of the Intelligence Committee (Nunes) is basically saying "nothing to see here, go away".

Priebus is on all of the Sunday shows saying "oh yeah, we've talked to the FBI, there's nothing there and this is all bullshit."

The Senate Intelligence Committee, having seen a ghost on Friday, is having none of it, directing everyone to save all of their communications.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/833387031866781696

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I want to hire a mariachi band to follow Flynn around and every so often the band stops playing and chants "lock her up"

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Like that'll matter, they'll just delete whatever they want and tell any investigation to just gently caress off.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Many analysts believe that when Russia annexed Crimea, they lost their chance to make any other agreement with Ukraine. Poroshenko and his whole government were defined by their reaction to Russia's invasion, and for them to make any concessions now on the Donbass region would basically ruin them all. So they can't negotiate with Russia.

Ukraine is an incredibly corrupt country, but it's equally likely that Russia would just fabricate evidence of corruption if they can't find any. Either way, any "evidence" they present isn't worth the paper it's printed on. But this is a post-fact society, and Russia just needs to get enough people in the Trump administration to play ball. If Russia AND the United States are putting pressure on Poroshenko, and Europe's jerking off in the corner like usual, then Russia will probably succeed in getting the concessions they want and/or collapsing the Ukrainian government.

Worst case scenario, Russia and the United States put pressure on the Ukraine government, it collapses and creates enough turmoil that Russia has a pretext to "intervene" in Ukraine, they go and install a puppet in Kiev. Hail SS-18 Satan.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

This is the Swedish Prime Minister

https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/833219648044855296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Former Prime Minister and Trump was talking about some Fox News show.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJg-3uJWJvo

looks deadly

also what an absolutely terrible building to test that in, so many things to hit

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
holy christ there's no prop guards

you go to stretch your leg in either direction and you'll turn that limb into a mist

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Former Prime Minister and Trump was talking about some Fox News show.

I think there's a significant difference between "was talking about" and "was getting confused with" when we are talking about the President addressing the public.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TBeats posted:

I think there's a significant difference between "was talking about" and "was getting confused with" when we are talking about the President addressing the public.

Hey, he's got the Daily Stormer backing him up against the lying Jew media.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

TBeats posted:

Yeah, it's clear he was just bumblefucking around whatever poo poo he recently heard or saw on Fox News, it's a bit weird to make up poo poo about Trump when there's so much actual garbage streaming from his "administration".

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, it's clear he was just bumblefucking around whatever poo poo he recently heard or saw on Fox News, it's a bit weird to make up poo poo about Trump when there's so much actual garbage streaming from his "administration".

This isn't making poo poo up about Trump. This is a continued pattern of Trump making poo poo up to try and build support for his next attempted Muslim ban. Conway making up the "Bowling Green Massacre" - repeatedly. Spicer making up an Atlanta attack - repeatedly. You don't make the same slip three times in a week by accident.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
At least the Reichstag fire actually happened

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Confirmed, Fox News was the source.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/833435732278648832

:psyduck:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
On the positive side, if we got to Iran and they actually do poo poo like this, we should be able to establish air superiority pretty rapidly.

https://twitter.com/Azematt/status/833433508584505344

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Does shooting down their air force really matter if there's an SA-10/S-300 battery every 5 miles. Because there's no goddamn way Russia isn't going to give them some real vicious anti-air capability on the house

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If we invaded Iran there would be very little Russia wouldn't give them. They (Iran and Russia) would be the good guys. We would be an invading army.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Bolow posted:

Does shooting down their air force really matter if there's an SA-10/S-300 battery every 5 miles. Because there's no goddamn way Russia isn't going to give them some real vicious anti-air capability on the house

You'd also expect Russia to share some TTPs that aren't state-of-the-art for 1944.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Reverand maynard posted:

If we invaded Iran there would be very little Russia wouldn't give them. They (Iran and Russia) would be the good guys. We would be an invading army.

B-b-but the President said Russia is our friend?

• Locked thread