Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Why can't you just list the injured ones?

Because I don't have a full list and people could be cleared over the next few days. Why can't people just wait or make a mental note here? I was just telling you all to be on the look out on a developing issue.

The DIY didn't work this weekend for example. There's rumours about them specifically. But let's see.

So anyway the main part of the post was Becky. It remains alarming how many people in WWE are having shoulder issues.

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Because I don't have a full list and people could be cleared over the next few days. Why can't people just wait or make a mental note here? I was just telling you all to be on the look out on a developing issue.

The DIY didn't work this weekend for example. There's rumours about them specifically. But let's see.

So anyway the main part of the post was Becky. It remains alarming how many people in WWE are having shoulder issues.

Why can't you just not bring it up if you can't say anything about who they are?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh my god who cares

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Why can't you just not bring it up if you can't say anything about who they are?

I can though and just did. There's doubts about The DIY and they might be out for at least a month apparently.

Just WWE and injuries are a dynamic situation especially in NXT. There's injured/hurt semantics, flat out cover ups etc. You also have WWE wanting to shoot a storyline explanation first. I thought this should be clearly understood at this stage.

Becky Lynch's last injury was never disclosed/still a mystery. We discussed the rumours here before WWE confirmed she'd be out of action.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh my god who cares

Unless you go to NXT Live Events you shouldn't yet. The NXT Cleveland date specfically without Gargano would disappoint people.

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 19, 2017

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

lol at being mad at rovert posts just lmao

hhh is bad

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

XYZ posted:

lol at being mad at rovert posts just lmao

hhh is bad

He insists on his wrestlers lifting heavy and blowing out their shoulders.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

if only these geeks were as good at clanging and banging as vince, hhh and cena they wouldnt have problems!

the secret is steroids

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

oldpainless posted:

Hurricane,a midcare comedy gimmick personified, had several backstage segments with the rock in early 03 in which he held his own or cane out ahead. This led to a match where Hurricane won off s distraction rollup. This was right before WM in which rock was facing Austin for the third time. Rock, one of the biggest stars in wrestling going into a feud with the biggest star in wrestling, let a midcard comedy guy get a huge rub off him. He didn't have to do any of that.

Or rather it could have been a huge rub because HHH made sure to bury him Ext week or so. I mean I'm sure it's not like the hurricane would have been a world champ by summerslam because of this mini feud with the rock but at least try to do something after pinning the rock. Or you know HHH can steal the heat and make everything the rock did and any possible benefit totally useless while he makes racist comments and then pins a black man clean st wrestle mania

This makes sense though, because HHH is a bigger star than The Rock. And in fact, Blade is actually a superior movie to anything The Rock has appeared in.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

rovert posted:

He insists on his wrestlers lifting heavy and blowing out their shoulders.

It's silly how archaic the training for these performers can at times. You would think the performance center would actually come up with sport specific routines instead of generic strong or Olympic lifts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

It's silly how archaic the training for these performers can at times. You would think the performance center would actually come up with sport specific routines instead of generic strong or Olympic lifts.

They still think they're the best sport and thus don't need to change or adapt

"Sheamus is better than Conor, and unlike Ronda, Eva Marie never had the opportunity to flop" - WWE

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There is truth to this believe it or not. Paul in terms of temperament came along 10 years too early. Working for WWE during the Holly/JBL/Benoit era. Paul has a lot of goodwill still as he is a real nice guy and William Regal was his real life mentor:

https://twitter.com/grapplereport/status/833115393136947201

He got calls from WWE and TNA when he was advertised for AIW:

https://twitter.com/rextycoon/status/832786625407156224

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

"Sheamus is better than Conor, and unlike Ronda, Eva Marie never had the opportunity to flop" - WWE

Dolph Ziggler easily beating Conor in a shoot is something I'm 100% sure most people in WWE believe would happen

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Didn't he become a firefighter? Good for him if he's getting another shot. Hopefully he doesn't go to TNA.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Didn't he become a firefighter? Good for him if he's getting another shot. Hopefully he doesn't go to TNA.

In Kentucky yeah: https://community.wwe.com/education/news/where-are-they-now-paul-burchill

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

There is truth to this believe it or not. Paul in terms of temperament came along 10 years too early. Working for WWE during the Holly/JBL/Benoit era. Paul has a lot of goodwill still as he is a real nice guy and William Regal was his real life mentor:

time for him to come back and feud with Kendrick over the right to use the captain's hook

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I actually caught some of Busted Open radio and the hosts seemed appalled at the idea that Conor could KO Sheamus. Which could happen easy as poo poo.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And the new Pirates movie is coming out soon-ish, so if he comes back as Mighty Pirate Burchill WWE will manage to accidentally be timely with a reference by hitting the sequel 14 years later

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

And the new Pirates movie is coming out soon-ish, so if he comes back as Mighty Pirate Burchill WWE will manage to accidentally be timely with a reference by hitting the sequel 14 years later

the tweet said Paul and Katie Lea. Maybe Vince is finally getting his incest storyline.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Don't really care about Burchill but Katie Lea was cool, bring her back.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

in fact, Blade is actually a superior movie to anything The Rock has appeared in.

This is actually true.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Which former female Superstar would you most like to see return to WWE?
http://www.wwe.com/polls/which-former-female-superstar-would-you-most-like-to-see-return

Kelly Kelly is getting that Roman Reigns rigged poll treatment.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

rovert posted:

He was surprisingly solid in that AIW match. He hit some really nice stiff kicks and elbows that looked better than Lyndon's strikes to be honest. He had some ring rust, but he was way better from a workrate perspective than AIW's usual comedy/nostalgia bookings.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

rovert posted:

http://www.wwe.com/polls/which-former-female-superstar-would-you-most-like-to-see-return

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
What kind of ring gear is that? From that picture, it looks like he's wrestling in baggy sweatpants.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
just a reminder that paul burchill once shaved the hair on his stomach to give the impression that he had definition

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sugar Blaster posted:

just a reminder that paul burchill once shaved the hair on his stomach to give the impression that he had definition

:lol: that owns though

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sugar Blaster posted:

lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bring him back immediately

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm still laughing at that, god drat

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Shelton Benjamin is lifting again is he still on for joining back with the wwe? Has to be

He beat HHH clean after all

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

rovert posted:

Ugh. She can't even run the bloody ropes. Even towards the end, when she was at her peak, she still looked awkward and clueless about wrestling in general. Worse than Eva Marie before the Brian Kendrick intensive training. Think Cameron but white and blonde. Rov - how serious is this? Like "half heartedly maybe" or "Vince is salivating"? If they want an old timer why not bring back ANYONE else? Victoria is in her 40s but could still go for a short run. Could LayCool come back? Toss a ton of money for a returning Trish? Beg Beth Pheonix to come back? Comedy option WWEECW Ariel in her last TNA attire.

Big Bidness posted:

He was surprisingly solid in that AIW match. He hit some really nice stiff kicks and elbows that looked better than Lyndon's strikes to be honest. He had some ring rust, but he was way better from a workrate perspective than AIW's usual comedy/nostalgia bookings.

Yeah he was fairly good. That pirate gimmick was gold and should have lasted longer. Always thought both he and Bulldog's kid should have been far more in the WWE. Thought both of those two had far more in ring charisma than Ted Jr or Cody Rhodes... and I liked Cody Rhodes. Still hoping that Davey Boy Jr returns one day and does well. Guys younger than Roman so still has a shot.

Sandman McMahon posted:

This is actually true.

I'm probably the world's last Wesley Snipes (and Mr T) mark but I ain't sure about that. The Fast and the Furious movies are freakin fun and fairly good. The Rock made GI Joe Retaliation also fun. Blade 2 is great, Blade 1 is cool but Blade Trinity is just ok. The action in all the blade movies are good but Trinity really ends it all on a mediocre note. The beginning of Blade:Trinity was fairly solid with the human's being brought in to kill off/capture blade but then they bring in "the first Vampire" named Drake and it just gets goofy. Trite cliche and not even good goofy. The Fast and the Furious movies get better as they go along. They start with typical race movies and eventually the producers decided to let one of their spastic five year olds take over as lead writer. The new writer decides to add in mid air car battles and tanks and tons of explosions and over the top bravado. And it is awesome. Its goofy but good goofy. Also every moment the Rock is onscreen it is pure gold. I still love and watch the Blade movies but dis not the masterpiece that is Fast and the Furious franchise. The first GI Joe sucked donkey bollocks but Retaliation is a decent background or chill fliq. Let us come together to forget about Southland Tales and the Tooth Fairy.

... loving Stifler

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 19, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Paul Burchill was drat cool to me, and I'd like to see him in NXT or Smackdown having good matches again. He's a pretty solid mid-carder and I liked his feud with The Hurricane that turned him into The Ripper

Katie Lea was a great wrestler for a while who became kindaaaaaa not good in TNA.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
HHH is a surprisingly good actor and his delivery of, "When did you see my dick?!" is perfect.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I like to think that having 2 Melinas on the poll was intentional because they want nothing to do with her.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm seeing double! 4 Melina's!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Someone make a post about how HHH is okay but has done many bad things for the business again so I can post this pretentious thing i thought of without it being completely unprompted please

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
HHH is okay but has done many bad things for the business.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

That DICK! posted:

Someone make a post about how HHH is okay but has done many bad things for the business again so I can post this pretentious thing i thought of without it being completely unprompted please
Triple H has derailed people's pushes for no particular reason, buried people with momentum to keep himself over, and doesn't give credit to people like Mick Foley who made him a legitimate threat.

And he's killing the indies

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sugar Blaster posted:

HHH is okay but has done many bad things for the business.

i'm glad you asked - to me, HHH has done to Wrestling what Neoliberalism has done to progressive politics. It's like - okay, this is alright, you get that fist bump moment here or there from time to time. BUt you know...... it could b e better

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

WWE has photos of every WWE champion up for an article but Hulk Hogan is conspicuously absent

#askquestions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all of those talking badly about the Triple honk.Some cars cant even do a double withouot stalling out. Your greed will be the end of your life

• Locked thread