Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dsriggs posted:

I like to think that having 2 Melinas on the poll was intentional because they want nothing to do with her.

She has rehabbed her image on the UK indies the last year somewhat. But WWE recently told her a clear no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oldpainless posted:

WWE has photos of every WWE champion up for an article but Hulk Hogan is conspicuously absent

#askquestions
Probably because he's still an open racist and isn't apologetic about it

rovert posted:

She has rehabbed her image on the UK indies the last year somewhat. But WWE recently told her a clear no.
Has there ever been a time when she was in the WWE where she wasn't dragging a bunch of backstage drama around?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
HHH's Wrestlemania 2015 entrance created my favorite GDT reaction of all time. Roman coming out #30 almost surpassed it though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Von_Doom posted:

The Fast and the Furious movies get better as they go along. They start with typical race movies and eventually the producers decided to let one of their spastic five year olds take over as lead writer. The new writer decides to add in mid air car battles and tanks and tons of explosions and over the top bravado. And it is awesome. Its goofy but good goofy. Also every moment the Rock is onscreen it is pure gold. I still love and watch the Blade movies but dis not the masterpiece that is Fast and the Furious franchise.

I can't believe I went from loathing the Fast and Furious movies to absolutely loving every stupid second of them, but yeah from the first movie the Rock is in it's like they hit a tipping point of stupidity and it just rolled over into utterly ludicrous fun.

I'm still waiting on my Fast & Furious/Con Air crossover though :mad:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mo5YIwX2YE

a preview of what's to come this tuesday

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kelly Kelly can't run the ropes the most tedious thing to hear. That what you showed up to see? Ladies bouncing off the ropes all "BOING BOING BOING" until the match stops from outside interference? gently caress off.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Kelly Kelly can't run the ropes the most tedious thing to hear. That what you showed up to see? Ladies bouncing off the ropes all "BOING BOING BOING" until the match stops from outside interference? gently caress off.
She came from the era where everyone was either a fitness model or a traditional model where most matches were clusterfucks to fit as many women as possible on TV and they all ended in roll-ups

But Kelly Kelly did get a lot better before she decided being a model was much better for herself and having a roster full of more legitimate wrestlers will help anyone get better, just look at Nikki Bella.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Not being able to run the ropes is symptomatic of the bigger problem of a performer who wants to do less than the mimimum amount of effort to earn their paychecks. First-week trainees can run the ropes. She had years of experience in the largest wrestling organisation in the world by the time she quit & she couldn't.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

RealFoxy posted:

Katie Lea was a great wrestler for a while who became kindaaaaaa not good in TNA.
But she gave us the best-worst womens' angle ever, so I'll call it a fair trade.

Also, I will never hear a bad word said against her because
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=79080

quote:

Krupar: Who were some of your biggest influences, male or female, for getting into the wrestling business?

Katarina Waters: Kevin Nash, a.k.a. Big Daddy Cool Diesel, because I was obsessed with him

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RealFoxy posted:

She came from the era where everyone was either a fitness model or a traditional model where most matches were clusterfucks to fit as many women as possible on TV and they all ended in roll-ups

But Kelly Kelly did get a lot better before she decided being a model was much better for herself and having a roster full of more legitimate wrestlers will help anyone get better, just look at Nikki Bella.

Agreed

dsriggs posted:

Not being able to run the ropes is symptomatic of the bigger problem of a performer who wants to do less than the mimimum amount of effort to earn their paychecks. First-week trainees can run the ropes. She had years of experience in the largest wrestling organisation in the world by the time she quit & she couldn't.

She was otherwise not noticeably worse than the others save Natalya or Beth and better than AT LEAST Bri Bella. But time and again it's "The ropes! THE ROPES!"

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If she wants to gently ease her stick body in an unobtrusive way in to the ropes to better keep said stick body from snapping, hell, I support her.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Watching the last episode of Main Event with The New Day vs Titus + Shining Stars. I swear to god Titus is the most awkward human being on the planet. He has less grace than a drunk dana brooke. Even when he got F5'd by Brock Lesnar at that house show he just looked... weird.

Titus is like when you have a wrestling action figure as a kid and you're trying to make it do moves that its way too stiff to do. God those toys sucked, I couldn't do a sharpshooter with Bret and Shawn Michaels couldnt lift his leg high enough to do sweet chin music. Kids are lucky these days with their samurai seth rollins.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i did.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Without a doubt Paul Burchill is a better draw that HHH

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

She was otherwise not noticeably worse than the others save Natalya or Beth and better than AT LEAST Bri Bella. But time and again it's "The ropes! THE ROPES!"

I'll forget the ropes thing, although as one goon just said that is the first thing a wrestler learns and thus should be decent at eventually. I mainly remember her botching pretty much every move she did about 80% of the time, delivering stilted promos and just being an anchor around any match/angle with anyone she came across. Back in the day I guess she wasn't a hate crime level bad or anything but there are better choices to bring back. That's all I'm trying to say. Her love for Kevin Nash is definite positive for her as every wrestler should learn from Big Daddy Cool when it comes to how to think and treat the business. As much as I love Angle and Eddy G while still carrying a respect for Benoit (in the ring) their attitudes toward wrestling didn't lead anywhere good for them. Nash will forever be making decent bank while seducing your aunt/mom and quite happy I hope.

You are still Da Man and I hope we are still cool. :fistbump: ?

Jerusalem posted:

I can't believe I went from loathing the Fast and Furious movies to absolutely loving every stupid second of them, but yeah from the first movie the Rock is in it's like they hit a tipping point of stupidity and it just rolled over into utterly ludicrous fun.

I'm still waiting on my Fast & Furious/Con Air crossover though :mad:

... oh god... I didn't know I wanted that until now. I both curse you and bless you. I now want a Torque/Fast&Furious/Con Air crossover. Maybe mix some XXX into it.

Nic Cage: Why oh why didn't you put the bunny back in the box?
The Rock:I know somewhere else he could put that bunny. After he shines it up REEEEEAAAAALLL good. <somehow finds a way to cock a minigun and make it go klak-klak while riding a tank with jet engines strapped to it's side>
<queue explosions>

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
How in the world has Cena not tried to do the C4 if hes doing springboard stunners and code reds

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Von_Doom posted:

I'll forget the ropes thing, although as one goon just said that is the first thing a wrestler learns and thus should be decent at eventually. I mainly remember her botching pretty much every move she did about 80% of the time, delivering stilted promos and just being an anchor around any match/angle with anyone she came across. Back in the day I guess she wasn't a hate crime level bad or anything but there are better choices to bring back. That's all I'm trying to say. Her love for Kevin Nash is definite positive for her as every wrestler should learn from Big Daddy Cool when it comes to how to think and treat the business. As much as I love Angle and Eddy G while still carrying a respect for Benoit (in the ring) their attitudes toward wrestling didn't lead anywhere good for them. Nash will forever be making decent bank while seducing your aunt/mom and quite happy I hope.

You are still Da Man and I hope we are still cool. :fistbump: ?

... oh god... I didn't know I wanted that until now. I both curse you and bless you. I now want a Torque/Fast&Furious/Con Air crossover. Maybe mix some XXX into it.

Nic Cage: Why oh why didn't you put the bunny back in the box?
The Rock:I know somewhere else he could put that bunny. After he shines it up REEEEEAAAAALLL good. <somehow finds a way to cock a minigun and make it go klak-klak while riding a tank with jet engines strapped to it's side>
<queue explosions>

This is good! It is a strange thing that Nic Cage hasn't been in a F&F movie.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Midnightghoul posted:

Without a doubt Paul Burchill is a better draw that HHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_dcewVzx_0 seriously the crowd pops 3 times during his entrance, im not wrong

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

What did you guys think about That DICK! no-selling Racist Guiding Light?
I know RGL is over like rovert but Dick! has a hugely underrated workrate imo and I don't agree that it exposes the business- the live crowd still ate it up.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I wish he would do a suicide plancha but hold the plancha.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I sure do hope Baron Corbin is getting paid by Black Craft Cult to wear and promote their terrible tshirts every week

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://i.imgur.com/xZWuVpF.mp4

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

6 stars!

(I am a fan of both of these men so this is not a joke six stars)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

:bisonyes:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The second most illegal maneuver in wrestling

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuqFnbLLGE

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Can we have this as the subforum background for like a week or so?

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Midnightghoul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_dcewVzx_0 seriously the crowd pops 3 times during his entrance, im not wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXEuFreVC5g

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

kane deserves an oscar for his role in "man gets balls destroyed by beanbag round"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

i love that they couldn't get any other sound other than hairdryer crowd noises to edit in

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sugar Blaster posted:

just a reminder that paul burchill once shaved the hair on his stomach to give the impression that he had definition

He's got nothing on Cyber Kong.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

They'll be all up ons!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What, (if anything), could be done to re-habilitate Dolph Ziggler?

He sells really well, and I used to like him back when he was antagonizing Zack Ryder on his show. But now he is a garbageman who sucks the fun from everything he touches.

How can we make him good, (again).

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

He sells really well, and I used to like him back when he was antagonizing Zack Ryder on his show. But now he is a garbageman who sucks the fun from everything he touches.

a blue blazer gimmick would be a good start

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shooting him into the sun

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Baron Corbyn posted:

Shooting him into the sun

the gently caress has the sun ever done to you :cmon:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do to dolph ziggler that thing where they put deadpool in the wolverine movie but with his mouth sewn up. but do It to Dolphin. i mean dolph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

I honestly have no clue. "Good feud with awesome matches" didn't work with miz (but hey at least we got to see the spirit squad again). Being on smackdown didn't help. Talking Smack didn't help. Heel turn almost worked then he started talking and the booking got very Road Dogg (wins and losses dont matter, just throw the heel in a handicap match!). I don't even know what you try next at this point. I'd say try a Shane McMahon feud but he's preoccupied with a better wrestler.

........Kane feud? I wanna hear Dolph say "I'm the real demon" in his new heel voice.

• Locked thread