Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

the cspam trump thread linked this and i think people itt could use it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCb3rblTEds

yeah, YOU posted it there lol
(I literally just got finished pulling all those vaporwave links from a few days ago in that thread into a text file for later)
(yes my life is v boring)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Can't tell if you're snarkily calling him out cuz you think he's wrong or if you just actually didn't know, either way lol

i'm british i'm dealing with brexit instead of trump and every american itt is welcome to lol at brexit being a train wreck

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Jose posted:

i'm british i'm dealing with brexit instead of trump and every american itt is welcome to lol at brexit being a train wreck

Whenever I hear about brexit it always seems everyone's trying to pass the buck without having to actually push the button. It's going to devolve into some kind of bureaucratic Hot Potato game and it'll suck to be the one left when the Music Stops

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Lil Peeler posted:

Whenever I hear about brexit it always seems everyone's trying to pass the buck without having to actually push the button. It's going to devolve into some kind of bureaucratic Hot Potato game and it'll suck to be the one left when the Music Stops

AS A BRITISH I want to say this works on every level lol

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/833402063048548352

uh oh!

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Jose posted:

Yeah one of the major lols of the whole repubs hating obamacare thing is that romney is one of the people who first implemented the model, which was dreamt up by a host of Republican diehards as a way to keep insurance companies happy while allowing red politicians to get elected in blue states

Also it seems like Brexit passed but now no one in power actually wants to go through with it and you'll eventually get to the point where your politicians find a way to graciously back out of it, like by getting concessions from the EU enough to shut up all but the most racist of your voters. Or has it already passed the point of no return?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
anyone with half a brain realises that even if its not a complete disaster (lol) it will never live up to the wild promises of the nutters who ran the leave campaign and the loud pissed off people who voted for it are probably not going to get any less loud or pissed off when things dont turn out to be all rainbows and unicorns in brexit britain

basically its quite likely it will destroy their careers as well as the economy

naturally they are continuing full steam ahead and calling anyone who thinks it might not be such a great idea a traitor

its a lot less funny and a lot more depressing than trump imho, although boris johnson is extremely similar in a lot of ways hes just not very amusing

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Or has it already passed the point of no return?

It's only beyond no return when Article 50 is signed by the PM, and that hasn't happened yet.
The rich racists are the ones out in front calling for it to be done.
It's going to be hilarious watching 70% of UK farming go out of business as their EU paid subsidies have stopped.

One funny lol moment, just to show that the US isn't full of loving retards.
When the Brexit vote was won, NI had a farmer interviewed. He voted to leave the EU claiming he wasn't making enough money.
He was then told he may lose upto 80% of his current money as they were loving subsidies from the EU.
I wish I had recorded it, was on TV.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
Well Im glad we can lift your spirits with a hearty trump lol from across the pond

When you think about it, despite our differences, britishes and Americans are kind of like brothers. Stupid, racist brothers

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Nothing matters anyway hehe

Got my lol in for the day

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Yeah one of the major lols of the whole repubs hating obamacare thing is that romney is one of the people who first implemented the model, which was dreamt up by a host of Republican diehards as a way to keep insurance companies happy while allowing red politicians to get elected in blue states

Also it seems like Brexit passed but now no one in power actually wants to go through with it and you'll eventually get to the point where your politicians find a way to graciously back out of it, like by getting concessions from the EU enough to shut up all but the most racist of your voters. Or has it already passed the point of no return?

the big powers in the EU know they can't give britain any concessions or everyone else will threaten to leave too -- plus britain already has more benefits than any other country thanks to maggie getting them in return for joining in the first place. germany got them to agree that england can either decide not to leave or leave on their own terms but nobody is going to give them poo poo

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Not quite. There have been chances to stop it but they just keep pushing it forward. The Commons are prety much all pushing for it to go through, there was a vote that could have stopped it a couple of weeks ago but they voted in favour of suicide. Our last hope is the House Of Lords which is a whole other bag of lols.

The leader of the opposition is a massive pussy who is just rolling over and telling his MPs to vote in favour of exit, despite being one of the biggest political rebels himself when he was younger. He could be out there fighting the fight and gaining political ground but he's throwing it away, lol.

Then there's the people who want the government to announce their negotiation plans to the world. Because showing your hand from the start is always a good idea... lol

The biggest point of exiting to most people in favour of it was immigration, but without that immigration the economy will basically implode, similar to the USA. We don't want those eastern europeans taking our jobs, but we don't want to do those jobs ourselves either, lol

Massive farming subsidies will be gone.

Plus if the EU let us leave with good deals, other countries will leave too, like France if Marine Le Pen gets in.

Lols all round in here, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, who fought for 12 years to join the EU when other countries like France didn't want us.

Back to Trump, BBC wrote an article comparing him to Mao, Stalin and Nero in the first two sentences.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39015559

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

lol These goddamn real leaks need to stop spreading fake news!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
also they put the three biggest brexiteers in charge of the whole thing even though theyre all literal morons

well johnson almost doesnt count as a brexiteer because he was pretty pro eu until he thought he could become prime minister by leading brexit to a narrow defeat but then they won and he has to deal with it forever lol

this is the guy representing us to the world, also he cant stop saying stupid rude poo poo and immediately getting called out for lying by other foreign ministers

also his campaign to be pm was ended when he got stabbed in the back by this guy

who is otherwise known for wrecking the education system and getting made whip and then spending his first day locked in a toilet

there are lols to be had but they are sad twisted little lols to match our sad rainy islands

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

isn't there a direct correlation between the areas that voted for brexit and the amount of eu money received. it's like how red states put the least money in and take the most out while the blue states put the most money in and take the least out.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Isn't like declaring the press liars and holding post election rallies the first thing Hitler did after taking office, lmao.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lying_press

Lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

It's a British Patton Oswalt. First glance leaves you confused as to whether you're looking at a middle-aged lesbian or not.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Maldoror posted:

Isn't like declaring the press liars and holding post election rallies the first thing Hitler did after taking office, lmao.
word on the street is you're not allowed to say that until people are actually being murdered en mass

cause if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck only triggered liberlol millenials call it a duck lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Maldoror posted:

yeah, but trump isn't a fascist because

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Saint Drogo posted:

triggered liberlol millenials

millenilols, if you will

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Lot of people in this thread not loling. I had to go to Twitter to lol.

Does anybody know what woke Trump up at 3:30 in the morning last Thursday and triggered his massive weekend-long meltdown?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

jesus. it's like someone dropped an ice cube down the back of her dress. poor poor woman.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

jesus. it's like someone dropped an ice cube down the back of her dress. poor poor woman.

HAha actually no gently caress her.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yo can someone post that little human being again for this page, tia

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

https://twitter.com/ap/status/833456001277890565

Another one bites the dust. Lol

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Here's a list of every time Fox News inspires a Trump tweet:
http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/02/trump-tweets-inspired-by-fox-an-exhaustive-list.html

This old man President believes everything he sees on that channel and nothing else lol.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

gotta quote this cuz look at the expression on the CNN correspondent's face lol

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
"God this guy's for real, gently caress this gay earth"

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

itt

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Groovelord Neato posted:

isn't there a direct correlation between the areas that voted for brexit and the amount of eu money received. it's like how red states put the least money in and take the most out while the blue states put the most money in and take the least out.

There are areas in the UK.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/26/cornwall-fears-loss-of-funding-after-backing-brexit
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...f-a7101311.html
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-mean-eu-cash-tap-11523353

Read and laugh.
gently caress YOU FOREIGN FUCKS....what do you mean we lose the £2 billion from them?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Never forget this fucker drove around in a bus that promised the NHS £350 million a WEEK in savings from leaving the EU.
Next day after winning, they admitted it was a lie.

loving lol you dumb UK people who voted to leave.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

if a politician lies to the public and gets caught, they should be put before a firing squad for treason tbh

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lmao this administration is such a farce

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
The worst part of growing up was finding out that that joke about how politicians are guaranteed to be liars isn't a joke and after thousands of years we still have no way to punish them or make them stop.

edit: lol that when I was a stupid little kid I actually thought a president would get removed or jailed or something if they made up a terror attack or almost spent as much on vacations in a couple of months as their predecessor did in two terms or anything he did older than 1 or 2 days

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 20, 2017

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this is extremely good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxLLKHGNnIU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Cobweb Heart posted:

The worst part of growing up was finding out that that joke about how politicians are guaranteed to be liars isn't a joke and after thousands of years we still have no way to punish them or make them stop.

edit: lol that when I was a stupid little kid I actually thought a president would get removed or jailed or something if they made up a terror attack or almost spent as much on vacations in a couple of months as their predecessor did in two terms or anything he did older than 1 or 2 days
In a way politicians are somewhat reflective of the values of its people.

Many people do not know how to rise above insulting the other side and trying to see why they vote the way they do. Most people hold tightly to the edge they have in life. Politicians abuse that because they can.

I've said before to other liberal friends "I can see why people could vote Trump" and in a lot of cases their answer is "NO NO NO THERE IS NO REASON TO VOTE FOR HIM YOU KNOW IM A MINORITY!!!"

But, nearly half the country voted for Trump and they sure aren't all redneck racists with no education.

So long as people firmly keep their heads up their asses politicians will abuse this, keep us fighting over ridiculous stuff and insulting each other so we overlook our own side's faults, and each side (R and D) can pillage the country in their own way when they get in power, and avoid a narrative that really solves a problem cause we are too busy worrying about Trump's remarks or Clinton's emails or whether Obummer is a secret mooslem.

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Where do the Rothschilds fit into your theory though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Runaktla posted:

But, nearly half the country voted for Trump and they sure aren't all redneck racists with no education.

Yea you don't have to be so specific they are just idiots. But yes, we should meet them in the middle on this xenophobic rapist shitmonger.