Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I like how flyq keep putting so much time and effort into trying to kill haunt's naut, failing and getting punished for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
this NA shaco....

is quite stanko...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bring back Cinderhulk Smite Shyvana so she can play like Singed since we're still in the "Tanks are giant pieces of poo poo who do too much damage and never die" meta.

I know everyone hates that meta, but I think the Jax/Singed/Cinderhulk Shyvana meta was pretty amusing back when players like Maknoon and Shy were just proxy farming in each others bases.

e: Jesus christ, I think Hai probably would be Bjergsen levels of good if his lung hadn't collapsed and his wrist hadn't been shattered.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
lol

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
gently caress me that's how you finish off a game with baron eh

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I think in the past 2 games WildTurtle has played Ashe, he has shot 9 arrows, and hit 1.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
sigh you suck EF

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
When will phreak get rid of that goddamn chinstrap

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't decide if Balls is better than I give him credit for, or if by pure coincidence there's always been really broken champions like Darius, Maokai or Nautilus that have been in meta since he's been back

And lmao Hai with a Pentakill a day after Bjergsen

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I really have to question a full health Bjergsen on Ekko standing in front of an ulting Jhin, watching his jungler die without attempting to go in. And he had ult. Idgi

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
Wow, Hai shot calling several mid shoves to throw the game. What a shot call!

What the poo poo, man

edit: Okay never mind I guess?

Unscientific fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 19, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Unscientific posted:

What the poo poo, man
Then he loving ARAM's himself into victory while throwing Balls to the wolves

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I love League of Legends

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Exciting end to the 2nd game, very close.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Unscientific posted:

What the poo poo, man
Die and give away Baron? Not a shot call. Lose outer inhibs multiple times? Not a shot call. Mid shove again and again and again? Epic strategy from the sir Hai *toots bubble pipe on caster desk*

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
I wasn't ready for this :shepface:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the exciting part of flyquest games is wondering if they can make it out of the draft without doing anything incredibly stupid since they usually play well once they actually get into the game

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I can't decide if Balls is better than I give him credit for, or if by pure coincidence there's always been really broken champions like Darius, Maokai or Nautilus that have been in meta since he's been back

And lmao Hai with a Pentakill a day after Bjergsen

I honestly feel like things like chemistry and team synergy get undersold in LoL. Yeah, there are obvious examples of people like Faker and Bjergsen clowning on lesser opponents, but when players are on relatively even terms in personal skill the risk averse play style of pro league favors the team that as on the same page over the team that's disjointed but more individually skilled.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Dark Seal support Karma. The next generation of supports is here

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDryQi3hNI

The Unicorns of Love manager appeared on a Riot show to discuss the state of the EU LCS a bit. In particular, it was a need to grow EU talent and encourage EU players to better themselves and it was discussing the idea of importing Koreans just to attempt and fill gaps in your roster and why it doesn't work. It was a great bit, and he went and expanded upon it on Reddit

I've said it before but trying to plug and play Koreans in your team isn't always a guarantee you're going to win your region, and it's certainly never helped another region beat another Korean team. It's the biggest issue China had, derailing themselves for years for trying to rely on the Korean All-Stars who seemed to hurt their chances at World's more than helping them and as we see now, the players returning to Korea who are back in their comfort zone are playing better than they have been in a long time.

I feel like that idea that you want five similar minded players who all speak the same language and don't have to adjust to living in a new environment is why you get teams like CLG and Flyquest doing so well when you look at their rosters and just scratch your head. Of course, there are outliers like FNC's Huni/Reignover duo, G2's Trick, and Cloud9's Impact, but he argues the point that no team is going to beat a Korean team, using other Koreans.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
c9 looks impressively terrible right now

e: oh my god its happening again p1 you schlubs

Schnorkles fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 20, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

lmao that base race

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Gragas Top is winless worldwide in pro play for Season 7.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Triforce Fiora???

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Thank god Ray was split pushing all game while his team got killed.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Meteos does really love Sneaky's butthole. Sneaky did nothing in any of the teamfights, couldn't even ult because Kled Ulted Olaf.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
has anyone said clown 9 yet???

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDryQi3hNI

The Unicorns of Love manager appeared on a Riot show to discuss the state of the EU LCS a bit. In particular, it was a need to grow EU talent and encourage EU players to better themselves and it was discussing the idea of importing Koreans just to attempt and fill gaps in your roster and why it doesn't work. It was a great bit, and he went and expanded upon it on Reddit

I've said it before but trying to plug and play Koreans in your team isn't always a guarantee you're going to win your region, and it's certainly never helped another region beat another Korean team. It's the biggest issue China had, derailing themselves for years for trying to rely on the Korean All-Stars who seemed to hurt their chances at World's more than helping them and as we see now, the players returning to Korea who are back in their comfort zone are playing better than they have been in a long time.

I feel like that idea that you want five similar minded players who all speak the same language and don't have to adjust to living in a new environment is why you get teams like CLG and Flyquest doing so well when you look at their rosters and just scratch your head. Of course, there are outliers like FNC's Huni/Reignover duo, G2's Trick, and Cloud9's Impact, but he argues the point that no team is going to beat a Korean team, using other Koreans.

I feel like this is pretty obvious. The difference in individual skill (ie. winning lane, pulling Insecs) isn't usually that high. The difference in teams is usually whether they're on the same page and making good decisions, and Koreans don't always help with that.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man I been catching up on this week's lpl matches and the level of LPL has never been this low. I think they have good players and some decent teams but nearly every game I saw went to like 3-4 barons 2-3 elder drakes. Every baron/elder drake is getting started for a 5v5 which ends up being straight up 50/50. The objectives are there but the teams just use them to start teamfights instead of setting up a pick or vision to get a clean baron then using to get objectives.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Yeah, mlxg is having a field day this split, every other team's macro play and jungling is a loving mess so he can just outsmite everything and outrotate everyone.

I will be very surprised if RNG doesn't win the split, and I think EDG is the only other team that can contend internationally. I would have said IG stood a chance before last night, but they managed to nearly lose to loving IM while up 20k gold, so.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

ungulateman posted:

Yeah, mlxg is having a field day this split, every other team's macro play and jungling is a loving mess so he can just outsmite everything and outrotate everyone.

I will be very surprised if RNG doesn't win the split, and I think EDG is the only other team that can contend internationally. I would have said IG stood a chance before last night, but they managed to nearly lose to loving IM while up 20k gold, so.

IG are too inconsistent even though they have some very strong players in Duke/Rookie. Their botlane is way better than in the past but still thats not that impressive.

I was getting hyped for Newbee and QG but they also had random losses. They do have probably some of the best teamfighting in LPL right now which might be enough to get them far.

RNG doing so good is kinda weird because MLXG/Xiahou were on the decline since MSI and it was mainly Uzi/Looper carrying them. I like Letme he was pretty good on the old RNG team too but I think Ming is really weak. Its incredible that they couldn't find a better support than him for Uzi. I think RNG have gone back to their spring playstyle of snowballing Xiahou with MLXG and Uzi just wins lane on his own instead of camping Uzi's lane every game.

EDG also weirdly look good with Fireloli. I do remember him getting subbed in, in the past but he never looked good. So far he hasn't really played horribly as most people said he would. I think Scout plays really well on this team. I remember when he got picked by SKT he was hyped up to be the next Faker along with BDD... I mean he hasn't lived up to that moniker yet but he is very good and imo could play in any top KR team.

Other than RNG/EDG every other team is super inconsistent. Pick and Ban has been awful in LPL with the 10 ban system. Many teams just ignore Camille/Rengar and try to use all bans on one player. Many of IG's games have had like 5 midlane bans vs them so they get Duke on Maokai/Camille.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

China hosed up by being too reliant on Season 3 Koreans to carry them for a solid two years and now they've got like 15 legitimately good players in the region spread across 20 teams and a bunch of Koreans like imp and rookie who are still content with that Chinese money so the whole region who should have been second to Korea is now lucky if they're the fourth best region behind SEA and EU. And sometimes Wildcard

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the uol manager guy seems pretty cool.

also, apparently the polish embassy have said that EDG didn't even try to submit anything to them for their visas. great job!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The biggest issue China has actually is that the big money clubs have had very poor infrastructure for a long time and still struggle with this. Then you look at QG and NB and you see that a single dude constructed two above average to good teams that rely entirely on getting players he thought would work well together, including a ~korean import~ who was just a solo queue dude

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RealFoxy posted:

China hosed up by being too reliant on Season 3 Koreans to carry them for a solid two years and now they've got like 15 legitimately good players in the region spread across 20 teams and a bunch of Koreans like imp and rookie who are still content with that Chinese money so the whole region who should have been second to Korea is now lucky if they're the fourth best region behind SEA and EU. And sometimes Wildcard

if you actually think that about Rookie you either legitimately don't ever watch the LPL or you're making a really dumb bad faith argument

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
bring back the old OMG imo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

When will phreak get rid of that goddamn chinstrap

As long as it makes him look like a dumb rear end in a top hat, never.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
It's almost like koreans don't have some weird national inclination towards league skill and removing a korean player from the infrastructure and coaching that brought them success to play with four people they can barely communicate with is a bad idea. Who knew?

In all seriousness though I think part of the problem is finding talent. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence about korean solo queue compared to NA and EU, but also challenger is not as well supported as it could be.

It might be nice if they instituted a straight up minor league separate from the whole relegation deal. Existing orgs could field new players without risking losing them because "oops they did too well and got an LCS slot and now you have to sell their contracts" or have to deal with dropping LCS games because you're trying to shape a new player.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It's almost like koreans don't have some weird national inclination towards league skill and removing a korean player from the infrastructure and coaching that brought them success to play with four people they can barely communicate with is a bad idea. Who knew?

In all seriousness though I think part of the problem is finding talent. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence about korean solo queue compared to NA and EU, but also challenger is not as well supported as it could be.

It might be nice if they instituted a straight up minor league separate from the whole relegation deal. Existing orgs could field new players without risking losing them because "oops they did too well and got an LCS slot and now you have to sell their contracts" or have to deal with dropping LCS games because you're trying to shape a new player.
They already did that, LCS teams can now own Challenger teams without running the risk of losing them because those teams can't compete in the promotion tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RealFoxy posted:

They already did that, LCS teams can now own Challenger teams without running the risk of losing them because those teams can't compete in the promotion tournament.

Unless you're in EU LCS where LCS sister teams can still participate in promotion this split, but are not even allowed in Challenger starting Summer.

• Locked thread