Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Do people actually enjoy the blood moon mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

You can play backdoor shaco on it, so yes.

Adding Camille was bad though

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
The order of operations on armor and magic is flat reduction (a debuff on the target), % reduction (again, debuff on the target), % penetration (buff on attacker), flat penetration (buff on attacker).

This makes %pen + flat pen an incredibly strong combination, and is why void staff is such a stupidly good item since most mages get sorc boots and run pen reds.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I can't decide on a good general-purpose build for Nami. I feel like I end up purchasing way too many items with activatable abilities and then getting lost. It seems like a lot of the support items that I really want on her don't give HP and I end up rolling around way more squishy than I want. Any advice?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

LegalPad posted:

I can't decide on a good general-purpose build for Nami. I feel like I end up purchasing way too many items with activatable abilities and then getting lost. It seems like a lot of the support items that I really want on her don't give HP and I end up rolling around way more squishy than I want. Any advice?
Nami has a lot of utility so buying more utility items is pretty good on her as long as you can remember to use them all.

Redemption/Locket/Ardent Censer/Crucible are pretty core items right now, if you're bad at using actives then Crucible is probably a waste. If you're feeling overwhelmed with just those three actives replace one with some AP so your heals do a bit more

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

LegalPad posted:

Nami can get full value from her passive, W, E, R, and item actives without ever being in range of enemy champions. That's everything except her Q, which is easiest to land when used defensively, e.g. to knock up a melee champ who just dashed onto your ADC. In other words, she's very safe in teamfights because she can make her full contribution without getting in harm's way. And she's not going to be very tanky no matter what you build on her. So if you find yourself dying a lot in teamfights, it probably means you need to fix your positioning, not your build. Yeah, sometimes the enemy Zed will blow everything just to make you die, and there's not a whole lot you can do about that if he's ahead, but if the fed enemy midlaner's only contribution to the fight is to kill the support, your team's probably winning the fight.

Get Eyestone instead of FQC. Next item is Redemption, not only because it's the best item on pretty much everyone who can build it but also because Nami is very mana-hungry and it gives more mana regen than any other item in the game. Your next three items are Mikael's Crucible, Locket of the Iron Solari, and Ardent Censer in some order. I usually buy them in the order I just listed, but Locket first is I think more common (sometimes I compromise and go Forbidden Idol --> Locket --> finish Crucible), and it will vary from game to game. Note that the first four items in the standard build all give some defensive stats, so while you're not exactly Tank Nami, you're not building full glass either. You can also pick up a Mejai's somewhere in there depending on how the game is going.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Okay, sounds like I've been building her pretty much right. I wasn't super sure about when to pick up locket because while the active is super good, building it is quite a bit of gold on defensive items which feel kind of wasted on nami because if she's being focused its probably already too late.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tired Moritz posted:

It's the solo queue dream mode. I don't like it and I'm patiently awaiting URF again for one weekend because "If we do it too much it will get boring"

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

It's the solo queue dream mode. I don't like it and I'm patiently awaiting URF again for one weekend because "If we do it too much it will get boring"

URF, ARURF, and Brawlers were the good modes. Ascension is ok, Everything else is bad, imo. Nexus Siege is worse than bad, somehow.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I just want a giant map with 20v20 mode.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Nexus Siege is the worst thing I've ever tried. The meta is as complex as regular SR which is super stupid for a 3 day gimmick game mode and it's also very uninteresting at the same time

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

d0grent posted:

I just want a giant map with 20v20 mode.

I want TT with 20 v 20.

Icosakill mode

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
don't do anything with the experience and have everyone be level 1 forever.

I hate hexakill in 3v3

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Since it's a slow Sunday there's some League drama featuring a crazy fan claiming to represent SKT claiming copyright strikes against YouTubers who use stream highlights from the SKT Twitch broadcasts.

I also opened up a chest and got a Gemstone. I re-rolled the gemstone into a Chest/Key and got another Gemstone. Then I rerolled that and got a third Gemstone. In the end I have 0 Gemstones but the chances of getting 3 Gemstones in a row seem astronomically low :downs:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

how come riot games are bullshitting everyone and trying to play it cool and pretend like they are not desperately looking for an opportunity to make a full league of legends anime? like they clearly want to, why are they not just opening a kickstarter? is it like a pride thing or what?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

China made a league of legends anime

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

pog boyfriend posted:

how come riot games are bullshitting everyone and trying to play it cool and pretend like they are not desperately looking for an opportunity to make a full league of legends anime? like they clearly want to, why are they not just opening a kickstarter? is it like a pride thing or what?

Dude, they're already way ahead of you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbd1XTzj4BY

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yeah that is what i am talking about. they clearly want to actually make just straight up an anime show, like with multiple episodes and a full runtime.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Where are they clearly wanting to do this, though?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Where are they clearly wanting to do this, though?

i dunno, but the fact that the lore is getting increasingly anime styled and they are putting out just straight up anime music videos and they have been releasing anime promos for their stuff for like the past couple years indicates they have a strong desire to do it. maybe they can go the rooster teeth route and make like a cel shaded 3d animation and put it on crunchy roll. i am not exactly sure

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

i dunno, but the fact that the lore is getting increasingly anime styled and they are putting out just straight up anime music videos and they have been releasing anime promos for their stuff for like the past couple years indicates they have a strong desire to do it. maybe they can go the rooster teeth route and make like a cel shaded 3d animation and put it on crunchy roll. i am not exactly sure

My impression is that Riot is a fairly conservative company, considering both the amount of time they've been operating with only a single game to their name and the absolutely insane amount of money coming into their coffers that's been funneled almost exclusively into said game. They absolutely have the tech to do animation of the quality of, say, Guilty Gear Xrd, but I doubt the higher-ups see the rate of return on it as being any better than the vids they release to advertise skins.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

It took a long time for Blizzard to make a movie and it sucked, and I don't think Riot are dumb enough to make the same mistake nor do they really care. Just because a series has a lot of lore doesn't mean they want to make a bunch of anime. They're all just a bunch of nerds who get to play with a giant sandbox.

They'll make some light novels at best. Rooster Teeth was always a production company from Day 1, they just had the money + talent to expand and make different content. Riot is a gaming company owned by a Chinese company that makes cell phone apps.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Vermain posted:

My impression is that Riot is a fairly conservative company, considering both the amount of time they've been operating with only a single game to their name and the absolutely insane amount of money coming into their coffers that's been funneled almost exclusively into said game. They absolutely have the tech to do animation of the quality of, say, Guilty Gear Xrd, but I doubt the higher-ups see the rate of return on it as being any better than the vids they release to advertise skins.

On the other hand, they did buy up a small team of fighting game developers, so their own Guilty Gear Xrd featuring League characters might not be too much of a stretch.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I think the delay in marketing league into other things comes also from a general meh sales of their test products like the action figures and chibi statues.

Although IMO the project: toys failed because the paint apps were lmao bad, they were really grey and boring, and the quality of the figures themselves were halfassed

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

In general, the ghost of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within continues to haunt the mind any video game company that starts having dreams of expanding into film/television. It's a big gamble that has the potential to waste a ton of money.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel like riot are working on a lot of games internally but none of them get greenlit and they're probably gonna continue to work on league forever without feeling like anything else really lives up to it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Radical posted:

i feel like riot are working on a lot of games internally but none of them get greenlit and they're probably gonna continue to work on league forever without feeling like anything else really lives up to it
It's really similar to what happened with Blizzard when WoW hit, it was just so big it wasn't worth working on much else until the game started to die down. Then Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 didn't live up to expectations and they coasted until they struck gold again with Overwatch.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

It's really similar to what happened with Blizzard when WoW hit, it was just so big it wasn't worth working on much else until the game started to die down. Then Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 didn't live up to expectations and they coasted until they struck gold again with Overwatch.

lets just pretend that hearthstone did not make blizzard fourty six billion dollars a week or something like that and yeah.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

I haven't played LoL for years and I just downloaded the client. So...uh...no runes and talents anymore I guess?

Also, I want to play a support character and Janna looks like a good fit for what I would like to play. Any general (or specific) advice on janna-ing it up?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Gameko posted:

I haven't played LoL for years and I just downloaded the client. So...uh...no runes and talents anymore I guess?

Also, I want to play a support character and Janna looks like a good fit for what I would like to play. Any general (or specific) advice on janna-ing it up?

No, runes and masteries still exist. Go into collection is I think where they're at now.

Also you've said kcw's trigger word, prepare to be hit with the Janna effort post to end all effort posts

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gameko posted:

If you play Janna just make sure nobody in the game is having fun and protect your dumb ADC from killing themselves. Soraka is a similar champion

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

RealFoxy posted:

If you play Janna just make sure nobody in the game is having fun and protect your dumb ADC from killing themselves. Soraka is a similar champion

At least you can try to kill soraka instead though. Janna just shuts down aggression entirely if played well.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I lost 10 games in a row today

The cherry on top was the 10th game, mid TF disconnected at level 2 and never came back

Somebody give me the gun

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

The cherry on top was the 10th game, mid TF disconnected at level 2 and never came back

Somebody give me the gun

You're doing this to yourself

After thr second loss you're supposed to realize you wont be in the right mood to cooperate and win a game

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

What're these clubs and is there one for goons? (NA).

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bricklord posted:

What're these clubs and is there one for goons? (NA).

There's a couple, I forget who has invite access to them. I'd ask in discord (it's in the op) the guys in there are gonna know more

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Argh, I keep getting myself stuck in this stupid cycle. I play some normals, do well, feel great, think "oh I can go do ranked and maybe climb back to gold at least", eventually feed horribly for 1 or 2 games, feel miserable for losing the game for my team, go back to normals...

Though I think this is a good reminder why I stopped playing for like a year and a half. I just wish I could emotionally handle this game, I guess. But I guess I really can't, hahaha.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

No, runes and masteries still exist. Go into collection is I think where they're at now.

Also you've said kcw's trigger word, prepare to be hit with the Janna effort post to end all effort posts

I heard there was a boner that needs deflating???

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dragongem posted:

Argh, I keep getting myself stuck in this stupid cycle. I play some normals, do well, feel great, think "oh I can go do ranked and maybe climb back to gold at least", eventually feed horribly for 1 or 2 games, feel miserable for losing the game for my team, go back to normals...

Though I think this is a good reminder why I stopped playing for like a year and a half. I just wish I could emotionally handle this game, I guess. But I guess I really can't, hahaha.

Just assume that every one of your teammates is a horrible human being that deserves to lose. They're assuming the same of you. :v:

But seriously though, if ranked isnt for you, is there a reason you want to go back to it? You could just keep playing normals and not have the stress part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

Somebody give me the gun

That's alright man. I just had another game where my mid laner says, "BTW, if I lose lane I'm going to quit" and then died and quit. It must be a thing now. Like the knockout game except worse, and real.

• Locked thread