Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It has to be the Celtics. Like really the Lakers core and a pick swap this or next year is all they have to offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dexo posted:

I'd the Lakers get Boogie. Give Magic full control imo

as a fan of basket i only want what's best for boogie and this would be pretty hosed up

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dexo posted:

I'd the Lakers get Boogie. Give Magic full control imo

It would be funny if Kupchak trades for Cousins than gets fired by Magic this week, which is at least in the realm of possibilities.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

sba posted:

the Kings suck

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/833523233089536000

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Rick posted:

It has to be the Celtics. Like really the Lakers core and a pick swap this or next year is all they have to offer.

They can't really do much with those picks until the lottery order has been determined.

All praise be to Hinkie.

Edit: I mean, sure they'd could technically work something out, but...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kevin Love is going to get a bigger return than Cousins

Deron Williams is going to get a bigger return than Cousins

Andrea Bargnani is going to get a bigger return than Cousins

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Oh this will end well.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Let's bottom out for next season but be really good the one after because we don't have our pick

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

is this basketball 2.0?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

They can't really do much with those picks until the lottery order has been determined.

All praise be to Hinkie.

Oh yeah, the Sixers. They could make it happen, too.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
what on earth are you going to get that's better than boogie cousins

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Much like the Allan Houston Rule, the league will credit a rule specifically to help a team out and make it super obvious to them but the team will fail to follow through

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I hate my dumb loving team

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Tristan Thompson is pretty young. Contracts match up too. Makes u think

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/833524051394060289

well at least Bill Simmons wont be happy

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

EvanTH posted:

what on earth are you going to get that's better than boogie cousins

The mystery box could be anything, it could even be the best center in the league

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hey Sacramento, did you hear we might be getting an MLS team maybe...pretty cool

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/833524051394060289

e; f,b

the Celtics not making a play for Boogie should get Danny Ainge fired

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Just lol if Ainge is too stingy with his assets to get discount Demarcus

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

In an alternate universe, though, we look at what if the Celtics did get Boogie

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

WhyteRyce posted:

hey Sacramento, did you hear we might be getting an MLS team maybe...pretty cool

you mean the one where the group that basically made it happen got usurped at the last minute by a different group?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Also, just as the pick seemed moderately likely to convey, the Kings are destroying their team and ensuring the Bulls won't get a first rounder from them

RIP Luol Deng, you were traded for jack poo poo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
IVe got an anonymous source
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jk69l84
The ultimate coaching test

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

sba posted:

you mean the one where the group that basically made it happen got usurped at the last minute by a different group?

hey they kissed and made up like 3 days later it's all good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Kings could trade Cousins for Jamal Crawford and they would still have way more assets and a better future than the Nets, it's sad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The impending failure of the Oroville dam must have gotten to Vivek. How something so big and powerful can end up being fragile and will let you down.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Danny Ainge must just be content with burning Brooklyn to the ground

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

xbilkis posted:

Also, just as the pick seemed moderately likely to convey, the Kings are destroying their team and ensuring the Bulls won't get a first rounder from them

RIP Luol Deng, you were traded for jack poo poo

Every Sixers fan is currently jerking off about the pick swap.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I kinda want Boogie to go to OKC

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833525675793473536

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
imo just make a thread for the boogiecalypse

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

alright well gently caress all this

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
wow they're going to trade Cousins for Bitcoins

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Well RIP

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: that there are two teams that aren't the Celtics whose offers we are seriously considering

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Vivek should trade Boogie to the Cavs in exchange for Kyrie admitting the world is round

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The fact that this ends up with, like, Boogie in Orlando and just as miserable will be a good epilogue

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
whichever team offers Vivek enough Intel ball dropping drones has the upper hand here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Look I was only kidding before but now I really kinda want to see the ridiculousness of a Boogie/Embiid pairing.

Give them their 2019 back, Lakers pick, and whatever else it takes.

• Locked thread