Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maybe Vlade is doing some gamesmenship thing and grabbed two absolute poo poo offers that he'll show to Vivek just to get him to shut up and leave him alone...only Vivek will end up picking one of the joke offers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/833526722846916610

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Well take comfort Sacramento fans because if the Lakers aren't one of those teams Kupchak is going to get fired and their core and a future pick is going to be traded for Dwayne Wade and Melo and the team is going to be bad for 20 years until Jeanie Buss is finally driven to sell the team.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cousins is going to get traded to Portland for a Meyers Leonard centric package. Cousins will then go supernova against him the next game and might possibly body slam him into a table

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

WhyteRyce posted:

Cousins is going to get traded to Portland for a Meyers Leonard centric package. Cousins will then go supernova against him the next game and might possibly body slam him into a table

Cousins for Lillard - are you excited?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The one ray of sunshine in this is that Boston fans will be incredibly salty about this afterwards and Simmons will start referring to a Olynk + Nets first round pick as a godfather offer that shouldn't have been turned down

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
kings suck gently caress them they were never my friend

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Is that guy who said Boston isn't involved really reputable so I can go to bed or is everyone just overreacting to a single tweet per usual and I have to stay up all night

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I can't take another season of Cousins trade blue balls Vivek. loving do it already.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
the worst part of all this is "vivek has final say", like that dumb fucker knows what values the trades have

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/833526038856609794?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool Buff Man posted:

Is that guy who said Boston isn't involved really reputable so I can go to bed or is everyone just overreacting to a single tweet per usual and I have to stay up all night

His avatar is a basketball and he's got hoop in his name...can't imagine anyone being more dialed in

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

apparently some reliable guy from the Boston Herald

:lol: the Kings probably asked for James Young or some poo poo like that and Ainge was like "gently caress you no way"

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

xbilkis posted:

His avatar is a basketball and he's got hoop in his name...can't imagine anyone being more dialed in

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Should've been a knicks fan so you could look at all this with a distant look on your face and then yawn and crawl into bed and wake up to a morning that is 10 degrees colder than the current night temperature

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ribtstu posted:

the worst part of all this is "vivek has final say", like that dumb fucker knows what values the trades have

Yeah. I'm 100% worried that he's all-in on the "let's trade Cousins right now" bullshit which means he's looking at these offers as the the only choice he has.

Also :lol: that Vlade loving Divac is a glorified messenger boy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

apparently some reliable guy from the Boston Herald

That's the biggest oxymoron i've ever seen. Also you should be rooting for it not to be true

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

sba posted:

I kinda want Boogie to go to OKC

Same op

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/833511081330892800

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's the biggest oxymoron i've ever seen. Also you should be rooting for it not to be true

Dude even if the Celtics were involved, it's Danny Ainge. It would probably be some lowball rear end offer that Vivek would seriously contemplate

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
What teams are most likely to be in on this?

New Orleans, Phoenix, Orlando are the ones that immediately come to mind as eager to turn young assets into a competitive roster sooner rather than later. But if the Kings are desperate, I guess it could be a real wide spectrum

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Dude even if the Celtics were involved, it's Danny Ainge. It would probably be some lowball rear end offer that Vivek would seriously contemplate

I wish Vivek had a camera on him at all times

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

xbilkis posted:

What teams are most likely to be in on this?

New Orleans, Phoenix, Orlando are the ones that immediately come to mind as eager to turn young assets into a competitive roster sooner rather than later. But if the Kings are desperate, I guess it could be a real wide spectrum

I'd count blazers in there with 3 picks this year.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Phoenix and Philly are the only teams that have a good mix of young guys/assets that would be interesting. Or Portland for the Lillard option. The fact that they had serious conversations with loving New Orleans means we are looking at poo poo rear end garbage crap.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/833531325156057089

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So was Vivac at the owners meeting when they drew up the supermax, because it seems like he was one of the people that voted No on that if he's looking for expiring.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/833527175231991808

At first blush, I felt sorry for Boogie, who only wants to be wanted

And then I realized this is a man with tens of millions of dollars to lose if he's dealt

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

Not to mention, even if the Kings are ok with blowing it up and starting over, they could find better offers than Buddy loving Hield and 2 future mid to late first round picks without even trying

You jinxed it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

I wish Vivek had a camera on him at all times

*tense music plays, camera cuts to Vivek*

Vivek: "So what'll it be?"

*camera cuts to Vlade looking bloated and craving a cigarette*

Vlade: .....

*quick cut to Vivek*

Vivek: "Buddy Hield?"

*cut back to Vlade*

Vlade: "...yeah Buddy Hield"

*cut to Vivek on speakerphone*

Vivek: "1-2-3 BUDDY ROCKS"

edit - hahahah I typed that before I saw the Stein tweet

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
"Just go ahead and stay there after the game Mr. Cousins, we'll have your stuff shipped over."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
gently caress me if the Pelicans get Cousins for loving Heild.

gently caress everything

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Buddy owns and any team should be honored to have him on the roster my column

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's a good trade in terms of comedy value

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
no wayyyy

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I mean, I'm cool with making New Orleans a better franchise, getting Davis some help and salvaging Boogie from Sacramento.

But if it happens, lmao at all the GMs who couldn't beat that offer, and also the GM who decided that offer was worth accepting

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

together again

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Well of course this weekend we found out the Earth was flat, so of course all our rules and ideas how things are supposed to work and function should immediately start breaking down

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
How can that be the best offer. Just ... how?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Check out Buddy when Buddy get given up

They ain't even give up that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Guys I'm starting to think the Kings are poorly run.

• Locked thread