Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Well, the only reason Ainge didn't call about DMC is because he clearly has a deal for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. Definitely. Definitely not gonna end up drafting some flotsam with the 3rd pick again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833537991922577409]

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833538974144724992

Not even two first rounders guys. A first and a second.

lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hahshsjsjsjshshkvzmvxkvxkgxjtdkgdkgz

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well, the only reason Ainge didn't call about DMC is because he clearly has a deal for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. Definitely. Definitely not gonna end up drafting some flotsam with the 3rd pick again

[in a really cool voice]but rookie picks are cost controlled

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

straight up brolic posted:

This is the worst trade in NBA history non-Billy King division

Personally I think the first round pick for bargnani was worse but I know kings fans can't look objectively right now because they just scored a galloway

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
8-seed Pelicans against the Dubs is gonna be so loving fun

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

pity party is over here guys: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810750

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

illcendiary posted:

That's the right frontcourt to play against the warriors....

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

illcendiary posted:

Agreed

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Pelicans didn't even send a unprotected first, what a loving coup for them :laffo:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

On the bright side Brow + Boogie are going to push GS's poo poo in

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'm so disgusted.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
an added bonus when bill simmons has a massive coronary when he sees what the pelicans gave up and why the celtics didn't beat it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If Langston Galloway gets waived he's going to Cleveland, right? Or will someone claim him off waivers. I don't remember the last time that happened.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Craig K posted:

an added bonus when bill simmons has a massive coronary when he sees what the pelicans gave up and why the celtics didn't beat it

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/833525819087548416

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lockback posted:

If Langston Galloway gets waived he's going to Cleveland, right? Or will someone claim him off waivers. I don't remember the last time that happened.

He's coming back home baby!!!!!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
And people scoffed at me for suggesting Lillard or McCollum for Cousins. Good lord what the gently caress, Sacramento.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

The Kings are supposedly sending Casspi too? What the gently caress is happening

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

He's coming back home baby!!!!!

It is actually vitally important to me that Galloway can continue playing in the NBA somewhere and be legitimately happy with where he lands.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Lockback posted:

Reverse standings for teams with space. I would have to think both of Philly and Brooklyn have interest in a guard who can shoot a little for like 2 mil remaining this year then a player option for 5 mil.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Reverse standings for teams with space. I would have to think both of Philly and Brooklyn have interest in a guard who can shoot a little for like 2 mil remaining this year then a player option for 5 mil.

Yes the Sixers could definitely claim Galloway, and I hope they do.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just saw Adam Silver rolling deep.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Mandrel posted:

The Kings are supposedly sending Casspi too? What the gently caress is happening

I thought Casspi was really unhappy in Sacramento but I could be misremembering

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Declan MacManus posted:

I thought Casspi was really unhappy in Sacramento but I could be misremembering

No, I remember it too at the beginning of the season.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is it right here. This is the worst trade in NBA history.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If it's any consolation

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/833543423177191426

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

This is it right here. This is the greatest trade in NBA history.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm happy that Kibner gets to watch a really cool team to watch the rest of the year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The only way this is excusable is if Cousins told Sacramento that he'd never resign with them and that this was literally the only offer they could get for the guy that wasn't a ridiculous lowball.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
This transaction seems to favour the team from New Orleans slightly more than the team from Sacramento. To a rather absurd degree. Should the league void it for "basketball reasons"? Perhaps for "sanity" reasons?

Doltos posted:

The only way this is excusable is if Cousins told Sacramento that he'd never resign with them and that this was literally the only offer they could get for the guy that wasn't a ridiculous lowball.

This offer was the ridiculous lowball offer...

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Probably true, but Keith Smith is not a reliable source in any way whatsoever.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

It was this but actually the compete opposite.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Doltos posted:

He literally said he wanted to re up with them.

He wasn't gonna turn down that 200 mil + super extension.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Doltos posted:

But Cousins told the media and teammates and the team that he wanted to stay, and he's losing out on tens of millions of dollars

at least play some loving hardball instead of taking the first offer you get

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

s u p e r m a x

slightly less scarier than superaids

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

We go live to the dog whistles.

https://twitter.com/GrantNapearshow/status/833542940630806531

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo we will never see that pick

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I appreciate Vlade recognizing this all-star weekend was kinda boring and doing something about it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dexo we will never see that pick

RIP.

Can't wait for Butler to end up in Boston, and Wade's flu to last the rest of the season. Meanwhile Gar and Pax are still 100% secure in their jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Maybe he means the kings were getting alot of rain when he mentioned dark clouds and are now going to enter a period of prolonged drought?

• Locked thread