Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Papa's faith and Selphie's MAG/MND buff absolutely stack. It's all about the buff IDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

CaptainPsyko posted:

Uhhhhh, yes they do.

...Riiiiiiiiiight, because she's a 30%Mag/30%mnd, where Papalymo is solo 30% Mag. That means it stacks.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

victrix posted:

I did apoc Bahamut with pubbies pretty easily (despite one disconnect early on :argh:).

If your team packs full breakdowns he hits like a kitten, but even if not, apparently if you have magic blink and his ultimate thundaga misses, it doesn't actually count towards charging ultimate megaflare so... he just keeps casting it and then dies horribly.

Also I'd say bring resist lightning accessories, not instant ko, since he seemed to use thunder a lot more than tornado, but either works.

It counts, it's just that his count resets every phase change, so as long as your party DPS doesn't suck he'll never get a Megaflare off except possibly at the very end when he decides to ignore the count.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Zurai posted:

It counts, it's just that his count resets every phase change, so as long as your party DPS doesn't suck he'll never get a Megaflare off except possibly at the very end when he decides to ignore the count.

Maybe I should go read boss AI guides :eng99:

(nahhhhhhhhhh :haw:)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Brought my physical squad to the Disciplinary Committee.

That was a mistake. Need to try again with a mage team, especially since my 100 gem was Edea's BSB.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Thanks to the 4* dexterity motes from Bahamut I was able to dive Faris to use 5* dances. Now I never have to use Tyro ever again. :toot:

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
2 11 pulls on this banner. First got me Crescent Wish and Red Scorpion. Second got me Exeter, Sorceress Gown, and Edea's Vakyrie. Edea's burst is the true prize on this banner if you can get he magic high enough, but still though, Doomtrain.... I have everything on this banner now except Quistis's burst and overstrike, but I'd be a fool to try chasing them.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'd be interested in Edea for my dark team but I'm thinking since theres still plenty of time before the Anniversary, I might be better off doing 1-2 pulls on FF7 since the first banner is going to be tightly focused on a synergistic wind team, and otherwise I only have Tifa's BSB.

I could use a medica for FF8 though, which might actually let me try my first Cid's Mission. Maybe.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I understand that FF8 banner 2 is going to be the last mage focused banner in a while, by the way. Edea's burst in particular is top tier and Quistis' BSB isn't far behind.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'd be interested in Edea for my dark team but I'm thinking since theres still plenty of time before the Anniversary, I might be better off doing 1-2 pulls on FF7 since the first banner is going to be tightly focused on a synergistic wind team, and otherwise I only have Tifa's BSB.

I could use a medica for FF8 though, which might actually let me try my first Cid's Mission. Maybe.

The FF7 banners are going to be pretty mediocre, and even closer to the anniversary. Probably not the best thing to save for, unless you really want FF7 stuff.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Attestant posted:

The FF7 banners are going to be pretty mediocre, and even closer to the anniversary. Probably not the best thing to save for, unless you really want FF7 stuff.

I'm pulling because I really want another Red XIII relic. :colbert:

I'm really tempted to burn a pull on banner 2, but I probably should save that pull for the anniversary.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

FeralWraith posted:

I'm glad a bunch of you are getting strong pulls in on Banner 2. Already having Party Dress, Red Scorpion, and Crescent Wish, this one is a big ol' nope for me. Also surprised so many aren't sticking to Sundaily and doing Ultimates/MP tomorrow.

I'll do the 160 tomorrow, I've been doing the 200 on Sunday because it's 1 stamina and I have the free time to figure it out, if I need to.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Felt pretty good to use Keeper's Tome right before Ultimate Megaflare and have the raid party explode with "Nice" and "Well Played" stamps.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Nice. In my run, we just debuffed him into irrelevancy. Mega flare hit for about 3000, which is easy enough to heal back from between turns.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Did a pull on Banner 2. No regrets, Quistis and Edea BSBs don't seem to recur much if at all in the near future.

3/11 Quistis BSB, Edea Crown and Irvine's Exeter. Not bad at all.

No more pulling till anniversary.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Nihilarian posted:

I understand that FF8 banner 2 is going to be the last mage focused banner in a while, by the way.
XIII banner 2 is scheduled for March 12 and has Raines BSB, Hope BSB2 (stun, AoE dispel, slow, self MAG/RES up), and Serah's MAG+MND mage shout. I'm probably going to go a bit nuts on that one.

Nameless Pete posted:

Bahamut's kind of a pushover.
He was super easy even on solo. No danger at all with my mage team.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Maybe it's just me but FFVIII events (at least past Parade Float/original Committee) always have pretty fun bosses. Both CM Seifer and U++ this time run were good fights. Quistis' MGVIII was definitely pulling weight, and I even got to have Edea use her SSB a few times for some solid damage. I ran full Mage team for U++, forgot to bring Dispel, and it wasn't even really that much of a concern - the team is slow enough til they get to weak phase, and Raijin actually hits pretty soft with good mitigation, especially since none of his attacks ignore rows.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Attestant posted:

Hmm, I don't know about that. In addition to being in the new banner format with 1 USB/OSB and 3 BSBS, it's got:
  • Aerith's USB: instant-cast curaga medica with stock 2000 HP (and shellga, but meh)
  • Cloud's BSB2, which is a strong Enwind SB that comes with a self dark-bargain on Command 2, and a command 1 that gets really freakin' strong with high attack.
  • Cid's BSB, which is also Enwind, and the commands are strong enough on their own and get an extra hit with a weakness (great for imperil teams). The SB itself is a crazy 10 hits with an 8 multiplier, so it does not at all pay the "enelement tax". It's really good.
  • Zack's BSB, which is probably the best wind imperil BSB to date.
  • Barret's SSB, which is a hyperbreak. Hyperbreaks on Support 5 characters are always good.
  • Cid's SSB - the Shout clone. Not as appealing if you already have Shout, but having more options is never a bad thing, say, if you want to bring a different support.
  • Sephiroth's SSB - a pretty bog-standard Endark SSB, but at least the relic is a +dark bracer.
  • Cid's other SSB- 12-hit wind SB that grants 0-speed Jump x3, so you can crap out a lot of damage with a honed 5* jump. Also a +wind armor.
  • Aerith's fury brand for 50% crit and magic blink. Meh.

Still, almost every item on this banner is pretty drat good except for Sephiroth's SSB and Aerith's unique, especially if you have any interest in a wind team. I've got like 2 pulls budgeted for it.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Feb 20, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

All these banners have so much cool stuff on them, it's so hard to make myself save for the anniversary. Those banners better be awesome as hell.

It's basically guaranteed that our anniversary banners are going to be pretty different from the JP version, right? Not sure if I should be looking at them as a general idea of what we'll get or not.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So, FF7 is one of the few Final Fantasies I'm more familiar with, due to watching friends play through it (though never myself). I'm planning on pulling hard on the next FF4 event for Kain, and Cid seems like he's got some cool stuff. And wind synergizes with Fujin. So I can get some wind stuff and another dragoon to justify some Dragoon skills.

Also I don't think I have the patience to wait until anniversary. Even with a ton of luck in FF8, I'll probably want some new toys to play with before then. And of the next few events (XII, VII, XIII, II) VII is probably the most interesting to me personally.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Haha I think the AI broke on this Ult fight for me. He literally never used anything except Draw & Junction the entire fight. Took 0 damage.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It's basically guaranteed that our anniversary banners are going to be pretty different from the JP version, right? Not sure if I should be looking at them as a general idea of what we'll get or not.
It's a fair assumption that DeNA won't touch the actual new items on the banners, but everything else is fair game for swapping around or off entirely.

That means that you can look forward to

Banner 1
Tyro's USB (Light Amor) - Party Status Ailment Blink (Astra), HP Stock 2000, Hastega, self Instant Cast 2
Sephiroth's OSB (Katana) - ST Dark/Fire Overstrike physical attack
Onion Knight's OSB (Heavy Armor) - ST Non-Elemental Overstrike physical/magical attack (depends on whether ATK or MAG is higher)

Banner 2
Faris's USB (Light Armor) - 6xAoE physical attack, higher damage multiplier with lower number of targets, Pentabreak, 100% Stun chance
Shantotto's BSB (Bracelet) - 6xAoE Lightning/Fire/Ice magical attack, EnLightning, Burst Mode
Command 1: 4xST Lightning/Fire magical attack with short cast time
Command 2: 4xST Lightning/Ice magical attack with short cast time

Banner 4
Agrias's OSB (Sword) - ST Holy/NE Overstrike physical attack, higher damage multiplier if it hits a weakness
Ashe's OSB (Sword) - ST Lightning/NE Overstrike magical attack

Banner 5
Eiko's USB (Instrument) - Instant cast ~Curaga level Medica, Hastega, Last Stand

That's all you can really count on until we get the full lists; banner 1 might have had Vaan and Maria's BSBs on JP's banners, but you can't even depend on those even being on any of them for Global.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

Still, almost every item on this banner is pretty drat good except for Sephiroth's SSB and Aerith's unique, especially if you have any interest in a wind team. I've got like 2 pulls budgeted for it.

Aerith's unique still has merit as a stat stick - rods/staffs are so rare in the FFVII pool that sometimes her weapons are the best you're going to get for your offensive mages.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Double Raines BSB RW melted Squall in 3 turns. He never attacked lol

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

looks like my tablet's broke lol

for now I downloaded Nox but Record Keeper runs like rear end on it? Any tips on improving performance outside of "get a new computer"?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Elephant Ambush posted:

Double Raines BSB RW melted Squall in 3 turns. He never attacked lol

He never attacks anyway, same with multiplayer Bahamut, the AI is hosed

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Got my first 6 guys to 50 yesterday - the 4 I have BSBs for, plus Tyro since I'm supposed to get his Record Materia, apparently, and Cid (IV) because I had been using him as a support and leveling him before I understood that Monkey Wrench was not as important as the BSBs.

It looks like he can't use Full Breakdown and I'll eventually want someone too, though, so I might make Larsa my next leveling target next weekend - I just have his Super as well.

Was able to clear the Memory Lode level for the VIII event, but missed out on the FFI before it disappeared, so I guess Rosa and Tyro will be the only ones gaining XP as I clear through Realm Dungeons this week.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Stagger_Lee posted:

Got my first 6 guys to 50 yesterday - the 4 I have BSBs for, plus Tyro since I'm supposed to get his Record Materia, apparently, and Cid (IV) because I had been using him as a support and leveling him before I understood that Monkey Wrench was not as important as the BSBs.

It looks like he can't use Full Breakdown and I'll eventually want someone too, though, so I might make Larsa my next leveling target next weekend - I just have his Super as well.

Was able to clear the Memory Lode level for the VIII event, but missed out on the FFI before it disappeared, so I guess Rosa and Tyro will be the only ones gaining XP as I clear through Realm Dungeons this week.
CId's Monkey Wrench is as good as Fullbreak, and in fact stacks if you want to bring Fullbreak on Tyro.

you'll want to level Larsa eventually but for now focus on getting Tyro to 65 and Cid+4 BSB characters as high as you can get them.

there should be some Memory Lodes in the Gyashl Store under The Annex, you get the currency (gyashl greens) from the daily dungeons; right now we're getting double the normal amount.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Oh, thanks. I'll try reading the abilities in the future. I thought the damage was the whole thing.

I build up some greens clearing the heroic xp daily, but I spent them all on Mithril, which seemed safe. That heroic was the first time I really felt the difference between Tyro and the characters I actually had gear for. It takes a while for things not to die so quickly a gauge barely builds up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does Edea get an MC3 soon? Having good SB's on someone locked at 80 sucks. (Yes, it is obviously better than not having a good SB on someone who can level to 99)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Beasteh posted:

He never attacks anyway, same with multiplayer Bahamut, the AI is hosed

Not true. I ran Bahamut apoc a few times last night and he does attack, he just doesn't spam his worst stuff constantly like most raid bosses.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IcePhoenix posted:

Does Edea get an MC3 soon? Having good SB's on someone locked at 80 sucks. (Yes, it is obviously better than not having a good SB on someone who can level to 99)

Sorry to say, she's part of the very last large batch in June.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The Disciplinary Committee sucked but I got them on the first try. Just barely mastered it though thanks to Seifer spamming stupid poo poo in desperation mode.

I brought Faris with Multi Break and then started PBDing everyone. Then I hit Fujin with MBD and then went in on her first. She went down pretty quick.

Then I did the same to Seifer but he's tanky and it sucked. I made sure to tap Raijin with PBD to keep him tame. Selphie's magic blink helped a lot but he did an AoE fire spell right before his Ultimate move so the blink setup was ruined. I healed up though and then killed him.

Raijin was easy but incredibly annoying because even with debuffs he counters everything with an AoE physical attack and the damage added up. I was able to keep up with healing and nobody died but holy crap that fight was so irritating.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i (almost) had trouble with Seifer just chaining AoE Firaga on me. should've brought Heathen Frolic Sarabande instead of Exhausting Polka, i guess.

on the flipside between two dances, Wall, and a Metamorphosis RW all the physical moves were only hitting for like 300

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
Is anyone planning a pull on the Combat Nightmare banner?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Decided that with 6 non-dupes on banner 2 with lots of items I want (I counted 6 good items) I pulled.

2/11

dupe crescent wish
Quistis BSB

I'm happy with that. I really wanted a Quistis relic, and her dress is a good one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CaptainPsyko posted:

Sorry to say, she's part of the very last large batch in June.

Bummer. At least it's not Eiko.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ive been having such poo poo luck on draws im just going to suffer some missed CMs and wait for the anniversary

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Social Psychology posted:

Is anyone planning a pull on the Combat Nightmare banner?

Nah, not half price, and way too overcrowded to have a strong chance of getting any particular relic. It's a non-terrible starter pull for a newbie, but even there I'd be wary.

I'll throw a dollar in the slot machine and call it good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Bummer. At least it's not Eiko.

What' the deal with Eiko? I see people complaining about her on other sites as well.

• Locked thread