Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

So what is a more potent upgrade, Stars>Gear>Level>Mods? Trying to prioritize my resources and upgrades.

I'd go uh....

Gear>Mods>Level>Stars, honestly. We're founding out that stars are nice, but ultimately a character can be made competitive with high Gear level X+ and proper mod selection, however, a 7* 85 with no mods at Gear VIII is basically useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

So what is a more potent upgrade, Stars>Gear>Level>Mods? Trying to prioritize my resources and upgrades.

Stars are really important up to 6*, but that 7th isn't a huge deal until you try to do heroic raids. Gear is absolutely essential to keep up with your level (when possible) for your arena team. Gear plays a pretty big role in all of your stats, but is the only thing that can add to your speed or protection. Each level past about 50 is worth less than the previous level in relative value because of how expensive it gets. I would generally level people up to the point where you need to work on their gear more, finish that gear, then level them more. Without the gear upgrades, the levels just aren't worth much on their own.

Then we come to mods. Mods kinda need their own special aside. At level 85 arena, they are the most important aspect of arena. We all have a ton of level 85 7* G10-11 heroes, so what makes or breaks a matchup are mods. That said, it sounds like you're still leveling, so I wouldn't focus a ton on mods right now. It is worth getting enough mods with Health and CC sets at 1-2* for your arena and GW teams. This doesn't take that much farming because you get to cherry pick the shape of the mod you need to farm. Once you have those, I'd mostly leave mods alone until you're about level 75 and can farm 5* Health and CC mods. Thanks to the credit heist, you should have a couple pretty OP scoundrels in your lineup (Lando, STH, Boba, etc.), so you only really need some filler, and there are a bunch of fairly easy scoundrels to farm. I would start by just getting sets of these mods and not worrying about secondaries (but do worry about primaries...you don't need any CC set triangle defense mods). Once you get a full set (5 * 6 mods) of 5* useable mods for your arena team, then you probably want to try to farm up your Resistance dudes to get Speed set mods, and then really work on trying to get speed set mods with speed secondaries. It sucks, and takes forever, but is really important.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I applied to QGJ with my authentic Star Wars name "Shabada DeePoo"

Lando is pretty loving good I must say. I do like that I'm starting to hit a point where strategy actually matters in GW and Squad Arena.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

Oh I applied to QGJ with my authentic Star Wars name "Shabada DeePoo"

Lando is pretty loving good I must say. I do like that I'm starting to hit a point where strategy actually matters in GW and Squad Arena.

Also, having STH and RG to shield Lando is really loving good. Just wait until you have Biggs and Wedge in there as well, it's crazy.

Oh, one more thing, if anyone from IGD wants to make heroic AAT a thing, start farming your clones...someone in my guild just posted 4 Clones (all but Rex) + Leia for 10 million damage in P4. They're all G11 and I assume godly mods, but, if you can do all of P4, it'll probably help the team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually working on clones after Maul is done.

I enjoy the poo poo outta that cartoon.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

Chilichimp posted:

I'm actually working on clones after Maul is done.

I enjoy the poo poo outta that cartoon.

I'm still 75 and I have all clones ready to activate and have tons of shards for them.. i haven't activated them since i cant afford to gear them and my arena team is a priority which is wiggs, lando, boba and saint han. Clones blow for arena but its my SWGOH dream to get a full clone team for raiding and general fun.

After seeing a First Order team with Zeta Phasma/Kylo its my next project, FO Stormtrooper / FO TFP are a pain to get from hard nodes though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I would love to have an Anakin Skywalker lead time with Rex, Ahsoka, General Kenobi and Cody.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Thanks for the tips!

I wish more unique teams were viable early/late game. I have some Nightsisters that are just sitting around after I thought it would be novel early in my gaming to have a few. A Clone Wars group sounds pretty fun too. In fact, the only reason I keep playing this game is because the first character I got was Ahsoka, and she reminds me of my daughter.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Burning_Monk posted:

Thanks for the tips!

I wish more unique teams were viable early/late game. I have some Nightsisters that are just sitting around after I thought it would be novel early in my gaming to have a few. A Clone Wars group sounds pretty fun too. In fact, the only reason I keep playing this game is because the first character I got was Ahsoka, and she reminds me of my daughter.

I think there are more viable teams now than ever before. Just yesterday my Zader/EP/TFP/Boba/B2 team got its rear end kicked several times in Arena by a Zeta-QGJ/Ani/Ahsoka/Aayla/Yoda team, and surprisingly enough Ahsoka was the one doing the most rear end-kicking, critting me several times for 20k+. It's a lot better now than is was even 6 months ago, where all you saw was Dooku/OB leads. Or even further back, a year-plus, when it was all Sid and Phasma. Factions are also more important now than before, where you just mashed all the OP guys together and won (except Droids, they've always had good synergy).

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Oh, one more thing, if anyone from IGD wants to make heroic AAT a thing, start farming your clones...someone in my guild just posted 4 Clones (all but Rex) + Leia for 10 million damage in P4. They're all G11 and I assume godly mods, but, if you can do all of P4, it'll probably help the team.

Working hard on this. Have Cody Zeta, and everyone at at least G10, but I think they *need* to be G11 with some nice mods. An all-clone team is super nice for GW too, I preload my good team's TM on the first battle, then auto with clones just about the whole way through to 9 or sometimes 11, then put my good team back in to finish up

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
What's the scroll when you upgrade gear? I thought it was new bonuses, but I could swear I saw 6 speed scroll when I upgraded TFP to GX, but in his stat screen he's still showing his pre-upgrade speed.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

fishtobaskets posted:

What's the scroll when you upgrade gear? I thought it was new bonuses, but I could swear I saw 6 speed scroll when I upgraded TFP to GX, but in his stat screen he's still showing his pre-upgrade speed.

That's all of the stats from the gear from the previous level being added to the character's base stats. % increase from mods and abilities apply to base stats, not stats+gear.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

My ally code is 642-765-669 if anyone would like to friend me. Could use extra ally's.

I joined some random guild, does it really matter if I'm not even close to having any characters up to raid requirements yet? That seems to be the only thing guilds are for right?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Need sone suggestions on who to grab next from cantina. Heres who I had in mind:

Kylo
Dooku
B2
Aayla
Chirpa

My guild is eons away from hAAT.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fullTimeLurker posted:

My ally code is 642-765-669 if anyone would like to friend me. Could use extra ally's.

I joined some random guild, does it really matter if I'm not even close to having any characters up to raid requirements yet? That seems to be the only thing guilds are for right?

You can earn guild currency daily without participating in raids. And you only need 1 7* character to contribute to a raid, which isn't particularly difficult to attain.

That being said, join one of the goon guilds. We're both doing Heroic Rancor. IGD does AAT, not sure about QGJ.

Boozie posted:

Need sone suggestions on who to grab next from cantina. Heres who I had in mind:

Kylo
Dooku
B2
Aayla
Chirpa

Never too early to start building your roster for it, man. Aayla and Chirpa are both good for AAT (And Ayala is good on a Qui Gon Zin arena squad).

B2 is a gadget arena toon, good in most any squad. Kylo to some extent is also a good gadget toon, but he's a hard counter to debuff-heavy teams as well.

Dooku might be good in the new Sith meta, though still not certain on that.

Depends where you're at with your other poo poo, honestly... but I'd say if you're more focused on PVP to target B2 or Kylo.

Mal?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 18, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Kylo
Dooku
B2
Aayla
Chirpa

Chilichimp posted:

Depends where you're at with your other poo poo, honestly... but I'd say if you're more focused on PVP to target B2 or Kylo.

Mal?

I would lean towards B2 here. He and JKA are two heroes that go well in any team comp. They are tanky but do damage if you ignore them. I've heard B2 is also pretty decent in P2 AAT (with HK lead).
Kylo is another solid PVP choice, and he can get thrown in random teams to put out pretty solid AAT damage, probably best in P1 where you take DoTs and use your special ability to land lots of damage on GG.
Chirpa and Aayla are primarily choices for PVE. Chirpa + EP are the cornerstone of THE P3 team comp. Aayla plays a big part in Jedi team comps for P1 -- this is probably why I still only have her at 3 or 4* -- once I realized I could score 10% with Ewoks + TFP on P1, I stopped caring about Aayla (also would've required spending credits/gear on IGD and Eeth).

Alternatively, Speed mods. You just can't go wrong with farming speed mods. I know everyone hates doing this, but it's so critically important.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Alternatively, Speed mods. You just can't go wrong with farming speed mods. I know everyone hates doing this, but it's so critically important.

I've been doing this for weeks now and having basically nothing to show for it. It really makes me lose all faith in the game and is super depressing :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
9B 3* thanks to zQGJ and Mal's GK. Thanks Mal !

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

9B 3* thanks to zQGJ and Mal's GK. Thanks Mal !

Lucky!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I've been doing this for weeks now and having basically nothing to show for it. It really makes me lose all faith in the game and is super depressing :(

Yeah, you get some bad weeks and then like one good mod. It's bad game design and lame, but what else are you going to do, farm shards for another hero you don't have the resources to gear/level?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

I took the last like 3 weeks to farm mods. It's been poo poo but I got several passable sets.

Keep at it, and watch the mod shop. by any good speed secondary and any speed primary arrow you find.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That won't get you the really good speed mods though. What you need is a mod that already has speed on it, drops as purple (all 4 stats revealed) and rolls speed increase at least 3 times while upgrading.

Why, yes, that is RNG upon RNG upon more RNG indeed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

That won't get you the really good speed mods though. What you need is a mod that already has speed on it, drops as purple (all 4 stats revealed) and rolls speed increase at least 3 times while upgrading.

Why, yes, that is RNG upon RNG upon more RNG indeed.

I lucked into 2 that managed to upgrade to 12 speed on secondary... but you can get a 20 speed secondary and that's just not loving fair.

That being said, almost noone has perfect loving mods, you just need passable mods.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, y'all can stop worrying about GK Chaze and just focus on Zoba. Just went 1v3 vs the hardest to beat dude on my shard, Zoba vs. GK Chaze.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Malgrin posted:

Well, y'all can stop worrying about GK Chaze and just focus on Zoba. Just went 1v3 vs the hardest to beat dude on my shard, Zoba vs. GK Chaze.

Got to say Mal, since you've added me I have a lot of fun with GK and my Jedi team. Thanks again!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Are you saying Zoba is the new preferred zeta? I was planning on Zader, but I can easily switch to Zoba since he's currently in my arena squad anyway.

Today was a cool day for me cuz I farmed my first zetas. For anybody that's not there yet, I got 2 on the 1st try, 1 on the 2nd. If that trend continues, then 6-9/week seems like the rate of return.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

Are you saying Zoba is the new preferred zeta? I was planning on Zader, but I can easily switch to Zoba since he's currently in my arena squad anyway.

Today was a cool day for me cuz I farmed my first zetas. For anybody that's not there yet, I got 2 on the 1st try, 1 on the 2nd. If that trend continues, then 6-9/week seems like the rate of return.

Zoba is appealing because it's not a leader skill; regaining 100% protection on a KB gives him a ton of sustainability to mop up in a close arena match. I don't know if I'd chase it first over Zader still, just because Zader offers so much utility for everything in the game - what it loses in not being the absolute best arena lead, it makes up for by being great in raids and everywhere else.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Another question: QGJ is trying HAAT. I know I don't have enough teams to participate in every phase. Where should I concentrate my effort?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I would hold off on Zader because it's a leader ability and there's a whole lot of change coming. Right now, TI is looking at Zaul (L) Sith Assassin, Trooper, Nihilus, and Zarriss. SA gives TM up to other Sith, so you can actually set it up with speed mods to go SA -> Maul -> Nihilus. Top people at TI think that like Chaze, this team will be absurdly good, even at 3-4*. In terms of gear/zeta order you're definitely looking at Zaul > Nihilus > SA > Zarriss > ST. Shoretrooper, Baze, and GK can all be stand-ins for ST, since that's a lot of farming. I'll probably run Zoba over SA until I have Zaul, Nihilus, and Zarriss situated, although it won't be as good (SA is a lot faster than Nihilus or Maul). Even if you're just looking at getting started with Nihilus, you can run Zaul (L) Nihilus, EP, +2.

Zoba is only worth it at G11, and even then, you really need him to be fast for it to be worth it. I love it, but it was only through some crazy RNG that I beat GK Chaze. The fact that Chaze spawn tons of HoTs and Boba can execute is what did it. If you are considering going the above Sith route, I would hold onto your zetas. Zaul is the only necessary one, but Zarriss will make that team super strong. Nihilus' zeta is pretty questionable...but his kit is absurd with or without it.

Holy poo poo that's lucky. Expect to get about 3-5 per week from the challenge. I was super excited to get 2 today.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I understand Zaul is the hot poo poo, but I dont have him anywhere close to being ready. My question was Zader v. Zoba, cuz those are my G10 candidates.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I understand Zaul is the hot poo poo, but I dont have him anywhere close to being ready. My question was Zader v. Zoba, cuz those are my G10 candidates.

How are your other empire/sith dudes?

Who would you run with Zoba?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
so...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_nAO6wnT8Q

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

fishtobaskets posted:

Another question: QGJ is trying HAAT. I know I don't have enough teams to participate in every phase. Where should I concentrate my effort?

This is my question too. Really only have Rebels that can keep up at that level. That couple month break I took is killing me.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

fishtobaskets posted:

Preemptive goondolences. You won't get past P2 so don't hold back, just go where you think you can do the most damage.

after you guys crash and burn, if your top guys wanna combine with IGD we MIGHT be able to do it together! :negative:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

oops wrong forum posted:

Preemptive goondolences. You won't get past P2 so don't hold back, just go where you think you can do the most damage.

after you guys crash and burn, if your top guys wanna combine with IGD we MIGHT be able to do it together! :negative:

HAAT always sounds good and fun until you actually throw yourself against it. Prepare to be humbled. I hope you guys do well but P2 is a bitch to get past.

As for what teams to work on: If you already have a 7* EP then you should work on your P2 team (HK, 88, 86, JE, Nebit). If you DON'T have a 7* EP then work on a rebel team so you can get him next time he comes around.

Chirps(L)+EP+3 tanks is your P3 team. P1 is your Rancor TM squad: Teebo(L), EE, TFP, QGJ, Phasma. P4 is your rebel team or clone army (whales can carry this phase hard).

I think we stand a very, very good chance at beating HAAT if we combine forces. But QGJ doesn't seem too interested in that :smith:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So with my fan *must have* setting me behind on ships by instead 7*ing maul, I kind of want to get some milage out of him. My current dark side toons I have are 7*ep, 7*rg,7*boba, 6*tfp(almost 7) all at g9, 3*with trooper(so much gear), 6*Vader, at g8. Sid and dooku are both going to be 7* this week as well. So what are my best team options? I am replacing my old droids and wiggs teams since they can't keep up anymore, all so what line up would be good for Haat since thee last one showed I was way not ready. I mean I thought I was 90ish percent ready nope more like 60%. I still have droids and wiggs for raids but I think I could be more useful if I can make a team for p1/2 since they are where we are short damage. I actually have a bunch of other dark side toons at various stages of gearing so any suggestions are welcome to include pretty much any ftp guys.

On the Haat I think pretty much everyone had one or both of Jedi and rebels so if we can break through p1/2 we probably are good on it.

I am also out of every piece of gear thanks to with trooper, holy poo poo he needs all the gears. Went from donating 10-30 pieces of gear a day to 5 most days.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

(sorry, I had to :v: )

Also, Return of the zJedi trip report: they are surprisingly rather amazing, even without GK!

Wigss, Zader or Chaze are no problem. Haven't tried them against zMaul yet.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

(sorry, I had to :v: )

Also, Return of the zJedi trip report: they are surprisingly rather amazing, even without GK!

Wigss, Zader or Chaze are no problem. Haven't tried them against zMaul yet.

I did it on purpose to knock him down a spot. Everyone else that put up zero should put in some also. That way he loses the benefit.

Don't know who the two players are that say I've done it before because that's BS. Have only done it this once.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/zeta-abilities/
Someone asked for a list of Zeta abilities in the game chat

dandaman fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 20, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Zircon has come to kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger with Zader because I'm not in a position to gear out a Sith team and I don't even have Barriss. Here's what I"m working with currently:

Vader - G10
Shore (4 star) - G10
Boba - G9
TFP - G8
EP - G8

STH - G10
Biggs - G10
Wedge - G9
Lando - G8

JKA - G8
RG - G8
Baze (4 star) - G9
Chirrut (3 star) - G8

STH/Shore + Wiggs/Lando is just outdated in my shard. I get shredded by EP/Vader/Shore (or RG)/Boba/TFP and it can't touch Chaze teams either. The easy choice is Zader with the first 5 posted. I have the raid gear needed to get Vader and shore to G11 once I hit 85, should I just keep down this path? Is there something else I can do outside of gear 5 new characters for a Sith team?

I have better speed mods than most people in my shard so that is going in my favor. I have a severe gear disadvantage working against me which makes me nervous about mirror matches. I need to somehow try to leverage my speed advantage.