Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Is doomshaper Hitler? Also I feel like there's a lot of Hitlers in immoren

Rahn is basically lex luthor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I actually won a game against Legion today which felt nice. Was against fyanna2 and they missed assassination on mah bae Morvahna2 so I used some sneaky tricks to pin his warlock in and then morvahna goat smacked them. I needed a 10 to hit with carnivore up (gotdang def 18), so naturally it took me 4 tries to roll it. Re-rolls rule. Ram rules.

I also headbutted Proteus with Brennos which is cool and good. I could have murdered him with my stick but that would give Fyanna fury to transfer with and I stopped myself before doing so.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 20, 2017

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yo how come those counterslamming goatmen aren't more popular? Seems like they'd be bonkers with any of the synergy casters.

Specifically kaya3

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 20, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've used the Gnarlhorn quite a bit and basically his problem is that he's A) Fury 3, which is Not Good and B) not supported properly by his terrible, terrible faction. Brennos is really the only good goat and it's purely because he is Fury4, and even then nobody uses him because warpwolves are better in every dang way.

Counterslam is also not great as a rule because you have to move 3" for the slam to count and slams have to go directly towards the other model. So you have a 3-6" zone where the slam is good and any other models in the way are going to mess it up. I've gotten a counterslam off only a very few number of times.

albany academy posted:

Specifically kaya3

I think maaaaybe the Shadowhorn (leap goat) could be decent with Kaya simply because it skews more towards Def and so the feat is actually meaningful on it, and it is also considerably faster, but honestly she wants max # of purebloods, forever, or maybe Argii. Goats would be way down her list of things to take and make better.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

That sucks. For a second I was imagining kaya3 with lots of goatmen slamming for pow18.

Also slamming through frontline models would be cool.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
In other Circle news why the poo poo is Loki's hook POW15 with Thrown Weapon? Why does he have a shield? These are terrible ideas and PP are terrible people.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

That sucks. For a second I was imagining kaya3 with lots of goatmen slamming for pow18.

Also slamming through frontline models would be cool.

I want to play Kaya3 with a Storm Raptor. Just imagine a world where it's swinging at effectively Mat8!!

She's a seriously good warlock and synergy is stupid in hordes. The only reason I haven't picked her up is all the local actually good players who all play Circle immediately flocked to her and I am a special snowflake when picking my wardudes.

E:

http://conflictchamber.com/#b81b_-0jgUgkgkeeeeee4B

Circle Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] The Devourer's Host

(Kaya 3) Kaya the Wildheart [+27]
- Storm Raptor [38]
- Storm Raptor [38]
- Argus Moonhound [6]
- Argus Moonhound [6]
- Argus Moonhound [6]
- Gorax Rager [7]

Makes u think.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 20, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Probably going to start selling my stuff off soon. About half my group has moved or quit playing in recent months, and we haven't been able to get any replacements. I'm running demos at a local convention in a few weeks to try and drum up support, but if not I'm going to pare down to one or two factions that I can take elsewhere for an event every few months.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

albany academy posted:

Yo how come those counterslamming goatmen aren't more popular? Seems like they'd be bonkers with any of the synergy casters.

Specifically kaya3

Premeasuring is a pretty big nerf to countercharge. It's good, but now there's no "oh I hope I'm in range, but I need to be about here" it's "I advance to 6.001 inches out". I felt the change when playing eBorka after MK3 dropped.

Likewise, it's a huge buff to sprays, since you can pre-measure and move 2.001" away from the enemy and line the spray itself up before you make your attack, and hit 5+ guys every time because people still cluster their infantry when they charge in.

Sprays were overcosted in MK2 because of their potential damage, and they never realized it. Sprays are undercosted in MK3 because of MK2 performance, but now they can actually land everywhere on everything.

Opposite for Countercharge.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Agreed. Countercharge still makes people eat clock, but it's not like you're gonna be having any gotcha moments.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

chutche2 posted:

Probably going to start selling my stuff off soon. About half my group has moved or quit playing in recent months, and we haven't been able to get any replacements. I'm running demos at a local convention in a few weeks to try and drum up support, but if not I'm going to pare down to one or two factions that I can take elsewhere for an event every few months.

That sucks, dude. Where's your group at?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

S.J. posted:

That sucks, dude. Where's your group at?

Savannah GA. Hoping to find the time to drive to Charleston to play there sometime.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I never really like Darius all that much; even in MK3 he didn't really jell with me.

That being said with a Masters tournament coming up I needed him as a pair for my Maddox list and I found something that is actually really fun:

Theme: Heavy Metal
Objective: Armory
Captain E. Dominic Darius - WJ: +29
- Halfjacks
- Squire - PC: 0
- Stormwall - PC: 39 (Battlegroup Points Used: 29)
- Lightning Pod
- Defender - PC: 16
- Defender - PC: 16

Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Hunter - PC: 11
Lieutenant Allison Jakes - PC: 4
- Hunter - PC: 11
Archduke Alain Runewood, Lord of Fharin - PC: 4

Field Mechaniks - Crew Chief & 3 Grunts: 3

I got ARM and no knockdown where I want it and plenty of guns to shoot at armies advancing toward me. Refuge and Energizer let me scoot the Hunters around the board, while Full Throttle let's my jacks smash face in melee. All the mechanics and halfjacks lets me repair a lot of the shooting that I would take in turn. Runewood was there because I had 4 points left but his March action is proving very useful in letting Darius or the Mechaniks get where they need to go.

So if your stuck wondering how to make Darius go, this might help you out.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I've been playing a bunch of Gorten, but with a full high shield boat in front of him as operation human shield. Worked surprisingly well!

Having Thor with his avalancher, free bokur on Thor and unit of hammer dwarves on one flank, you can have your jacks that want to be within ten of gotten on the other inching up with his turtle formation just off the center towards that flank.

I've always liked high shields for being really really hard to kill (esp with twelve of them) but also not really worth killing! With Gorten behind them though, a melee army has to either flank you somehow or get through them all to assassinate, but to get that close puts them in feat range. Really really liking this list!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jimmy Hats posted:

In other Circle news why the poo poo is Loki's hook POW15 with Thrown Weapon? Why does he have a shield? These are terrible ideas and PP are terrible people.

Because I guess PP wanted to sell some character Circle beasts for once

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Definitive WMH faction Goodness ranking, least bad to worst:

"Sort of ok but not really" - tier
Trolls - They would just really appreciate it if everyone would leave them the gently caress alone. Except for Troll Hitler. He's a dick.
Cygnar, Khador - They're just feudal nation-states. They do some good poo poo, some bad poo poo, some terrifying mess-with-forces-beyond-your-ken poo poo, but they're mostly just people.

"Say what you will about the <Faction>, at least it's an ethos, man" - tier
Protectorate of Menoth - Magical Steampunk Catholic ISIS.
Retribution of Scyrah - Elf Nazis.
Convergence of Cyriss - Bringing about the robo-apocalypse to manufacture a god is a huge ethical grey area as far as I'm concerned.
Circle Orboros - Yes, they may have prevented the apocalypse numerous times, but eating people's hearts isn't kosher.

Cartoony Bad Guy Tier
Skorne - People who at some point asked themselves, "how can we weaponize the agony of baby elephant people?"

"Exist only to bring about a terrifying apocalypse and enslave all souls to a abominable god-entity, forever" - tier
Cryx, Legion - Self explanatory.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
How did people describe Protectorate before isis existed

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

chutche2 posted:

Al qaeda presumably.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
the Inquisition with flamethrowers is how I've always described them

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Jewish Orthodoxy that came up with the Spanish Inquisition before the Christians.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Jewish Orthodoxy that came up with the Spanish Inquisition before the Christians.

This comparison does not make sense.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Geisladisk posted:

Definitive WMH faction Goodness ranking, least bad to worst:

"Sort of ok but not really" - tier
Trolls - They would just really appreciate it if everyone would leave them the gently caress alone. Except for Troll Hitler. He's a dick.
Cygnar, Khador - They're just feudal nation-states. They do some good poo poo, some bad poo poo, some terrifying mess-with-forces-beyond-your-ken poo poo, but they're mostly just people.

"Say what you will about the <Faction>, at least it's an ethos, man" - tier
Protectorate of Menoth - Magical Steampunk Catholic ISIS.
Retribution of Scyrah - Elf Nazis.
Convergence of Cyriss - Bringing about the robo-apocalypse to manufacture a god is a huge ethical grey area as far as I'm concerned.
Circle Orboros - Yes, they may have prevented the apocalypse numerous times, but eating people's hearts isn't kosher.

Cartoony Bad Guy Tier
Skorne - People who at some point asked themselves, "how can we weaponize the agony of baby elephant people?"

"Exist only to bring about a terrifying apocalypse and enslave all souls to a abominable god-entity, forever" - tier
Cryx, Legion - Self explanatory.

Good post, A++ would internet again.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

!Klams posted:

I've been playing a bunch of Gorten, but with a full high shield boat in front of him as operation human shield. Worked surprisingly well!

Having Thor with his avalancher, free bokur on Thor and unit of hammer dwarves on one flank, you can have your jacks that want to be within ten of gotten on the other inching up with his turtle formation just off the center towards that flank.

I've always liked high shields for being really really hard to kill (esp with twelve of them) but also not really worth killing! With Gorten behind them though, a melee army has to either flank you somehow or get through them all to assassinate, but to get that close puts them in feat range. Really really liking this list!

Interesting. I've been wanting to get into dwarves.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

RagnarokAngel posted:

Al qaeda presumably.

No, ret is Elf Qaeda, menoth is all the bad parts of the crusades

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Clearly they're more of elf Hamas

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Geisladisk posted:

Cartoony Bad Guy Tier

Be honest with yourself, who hasn't asked themselves how you can weaponize the agony of baby elephant people?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

^ if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

chutche2 posted:

My description:
You see, there's these heretics... And you gotta burn them.

Usually I just say Battle Catholics, Crusade era.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just say you roll up the 3 big religions and take out everything nice or helpful

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Interesting. I've been wanting to get into dwarves.

My issue is that I play Dwarves, rather than mercs, so only the three Rhulic casters and their 'Jacks, and by far and away the most optimal way to do it is with Ossrum under tier. It's just straight up better. So in the past I've tried to come up with Durgan lists that take advantage of his feat / setting everything on fire, to try and come up with a good reason to play him over Ossrum, but never really tried to go quite so all in on the Gorten plan before of 'Deliver Gorten to the heart of the battle, alive'. And it turns out that if you manage to have him feat in a way that is almost purely offensive it's REALLY decisive.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

My guess was that theme gorton would have a lot of heavies to just make sure strength of granite lands on something. Run it into other BG armies like hark and just out cheap heavy them.

But I'm glad to hear high shields have a place in the world.

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Be honest with yourself, who hasn't asked themselves how you can weaponize the agony of baby elephant people?

In their defense, they were trying to make stronger babies so they could have more/better beasts. But they messed up and now they have extra weak babies who drive others crazy with their screams.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Warboot posted:

In their defense, they were trying to make stronger babies so they could have more/better beasts. But they messed up and now they have extra weak babies who drive others crazy with their screams.

They weren't trying to make stronger babies, they were trying to increase titan birth rates. Which they did, but the babies were weak abominations.

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!

chutche2 posted:

They weren't trying to make stronger babies, they were trying to increase titan birth rates. Which they did, but the babies were weak abominations.

Correct, my mistake, I thought they were also trying to make them stronger as well as higher birth rates.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So what's the difference between wolf sworn and the tharn?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Cryx are the good guys. They're the only faction whose ruler's sole goal is the elimination of as many dragons as possible from Immoren.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I just picked up cheap flame bringers by accident, tell me about them!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Forzelt posted:

This comparison does not make sense.

They got driven into the desert and then came up with the Spanish Inquisition

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

xiw posted:

They are incredibly useful and good. They get pretty nasty defensively with Defenders Ward on them, and offensively things like Strength of Death (thyra) can make them pretty rude. In my opinion they are absolutely at their best under Severius 1 (defenders ward and Eye of Menoth). They'll pac-man their way through enemy units with ease, and speed 9 pathfinder is really, really good. They're also on the cheap end for cavalry models. I love them to death and they are the #1 reason I picked Menoth back up. I am eyeballing a second unit pretty hard!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

chutche2 posted:

So what's the difference between wolf sworn and the tharn?

Tharn are a different race. Wolf sworn are furries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

xiw posted:

Flame Bringers are rad. If you can throw a defensive spell on them or give them stealth (Thyra) they get really ridiculous but just on their own they're a super unit. Fast, they hit hard, and with Parry, Side Step and Repo 5 they can really hit and fade. If your opponent doesn't dedicate resources to killing them they can tear a lot up and don't necessarily need any support to do it. That can be a bit of a curveball for opponents who don't expect something in Menoth to be able to do those things. I guess their main drawback is that they are really fragile and once your opponent does get to grips with them they die pretty fast. However, I find by that time (assuming I haven't made any mistakes) they have either more than pulled their weight in killing things or distracted a huge amount of attention their way. I never regret bringing them.

e: I haven't run 2 units yet but I'm really tempted to try it with Thyra.