Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zipperelli. posted:

Every time I see a recipe for "no bake cheesecake" I want to choke the author. Make cheesecake correctly, not this whole "refrigerate for 2 hours, and WALLA!" Lazy bastards.
If someone tells me there's cheesecake, and it turns out they mean baked cheesecake, I am incredibly disappointed. Baked cheesecake isn't exactly bad, it's just not particularly good either. But a proper cheesecake is amazing.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anytits, hello from Bangkok! Shelf-stable pigs in blankets, anyone?
I see nothing at all wrong with this.

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's marshmallow with like a ton of extra sugar and corn syrup added because that's what marshmallows needed
I thought marshmallows were already basically 100% sugar?

Mymla posted:

Lmao at the idea that tuna on pizza is in any way bad.
The way they say "I can’t imagine slopping on some canned tuna, spreading it around with a butter knife, and just eating it" makes me think they don't realise that you're supposed to drain the water/brine off before you eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daert1
Nov 11, 2012

I have seen things that you people cannot imagine,
Thunt crying on an unposted blog,
An otter drawn by a madman,
A she-beast screeching on the moon in June,
All lost, like GeoCities in rain
time to die
:suicide:
I tried to make an omelette on Thursday, it belongs here.

:smith: :smithicide:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

No omelette rules?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
How....is that even eggs?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

daert1 posted:

I'm the dusting of sawdust and ash

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

daert1 posted:

A good ohnomelette, I give it 4 out of 5 "oh God why?"s.

EDIT: I'm betting it tasted delicious though

Bubblyblubber has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Feb 20, 2017

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Im the barf

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Did you just use plain beans? 'cause we always did Heinz baked beans on toast when we were Teaside and it's delicious. You could mix in some ketchup. Bit of Marmite as well?

e: I am aware of the use of "tomato sauce" but, no, honey, it's ketchup. This is one area where I refuse to code-switch.

Yeah it was Heinz. Apparently they're not the same as the British Heinz beans though?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

daert1 posted:

Why is it wet

e: I'm not judging, I've made some ohnomelettes too in my life

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Zipperelli. posted:

Personal AFP: when I first moved to Florida from Boston, I had no idea what grits were. Like, the conversation between Joe Peschi and the cook at the diner in My Cousin Vinny literally happened to me irl.

Anyway, the first time I had them, I thought they were similar to oatmeal, and I added sugar.

The looks of horror I got from other southerners in the greasy spoon diner I was in was incredible (I was eating at the counter, so in full view of everyone). To this day, I still put sugar into my grits (I do add salt and pepper as well too).

:stare: Call me crazy, but wouldn't you put butter on grits if anything? And maybe pepper?

Alaois posted:

its called polenta you hicks

I'm a midwesterner and pretty sure that you're not totally right here.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

I heart bacon posted:

I'm a midwesterner and pretty sure that you're not totally right here.

You're probably right.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Sugar and butter in grits is delicious, I have no idea what makes that controversial? You put sugar in cream of wheat and oatmeal, works in grits just the same.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
A lot of people put jam in grits too, but IDK if that would be frowned upon in "REAL grit country"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOxtkAi_fPs

you may die
Dec 15, 2013

Tiggum posted:

The way they say "I can’t imagine slopping on some canned tuna, spreading it around with a butter knife, and just eating it" makes me think they don't realise that you're supposed to drain the water/brine off before you eat it.

The whole article reads like that, like it's forced humor out of a topic that isn't that funny. Yeah, some of the pizzas looked lovely, but then it was like "Broccoli? On a pizza? Don't they realize broccoli tastes bad?"

edit: if the person who wrote that article is a food writer then I think they're probably a very bad food writer because it really seems like they hate food

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

you may die posted:

The whole article reads like that, like it's forced humor out of a topic that isn't that funny. Yeah, some of the pizzas looked lovely, but then it was like "Broccoli? On a pizza? Don't they realize broccoli tastes bad?"

edit: if the person who wrote that article is a food writer then I think they're probably a very bad food writer because it really seems like they hate food

We had a pizza bar for a period of time when I was in middle school and one day I decided a good pizza combo would be ground beef, broccoli and nacho cheese and it was worse than it sounds somehow

you may die
Dec 15, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

We had a pizza bar for a period of time when I was in middle school and one day I decided a good pizza combo would be ground beef, broccoli and nacho cheese and it was worse than it sounds somehow

That sounds good but the broccoli was probably damp little steamed florets of despair sitting in a pan for hours, neglected by preteens so I can imagine it being bad. The broccoli in the broccoli pizza picture looks dark green with little flecks of what I'm guessing are chili flakes on it so it's probably good broccoli.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

fizzymercy posted:

Sugar and butter in grits is delicious, I have no idea what makes that controversial? You put sugar in cream of wheat and oatmeal, works in grits just the same.
Maybe you do, freak. Some of us like our food to taste like the food we're eating.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The woman who ran the day care I went to as a kid ran it out of her house and she used to make American chop suey. This looks disturbingly similar.

All I remember of it was that it tasted really salty.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

daert1 posted:

What I'm seeing there is an omelette that was so overstuffed with mushrooms, onions, red peppers, bacon, and cheese that it ruptured explosively.

Would, without hesitation.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Alter Ego posted:

The woman who ran the day care I went to as a kid ran it out of her house and she used to make American chop suey. This looks disturbingly similar.

All I remember of it was that it tasted really salty.

Childhood white trash memories, I have those too :allears:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

ahhh, the poverty goulash

ate it a lot growing up. My family was very poor and my mom would do what she could. Tomato sauce, macaroni noodles, hamburger, and cheese if we had it. :unsmith: Kinda nostalgic.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Sociopastry posted:

ahhh, the poverty goulash

ate it a lot growing up. My family was very poor and my mom would do what she could. Tomato sauce, macaroni noodles, hamburger, and cheese if we had it. :unsmith: Kinda nostalgic.

My mom calls this Kristiinanpannu or Christina's casserole. Only macaroni and minced meat... It's so good with ketchup.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Sometimes when depression kicks my collective poo poo in, I'll still make it. Only I put like, spices in.

That and cheese taters are comfort food galore, even if they are AFP.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

WHY IS IT NOT WET

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Looks like navy-style makaroni, a popular Easter European dish.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

I know everything is pizza and therefore subject to no pizza rules, but maybe we need some pasta protocols? Like "meat sauces should actually contain sauce"?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Pasta is just weird pizza. Everything is pizza.

Anarchy.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
No gods, no masters, put a whole loving roast chicken all up in them pizza guts.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bubblyblubber posted:

No gods, no masters, put a whole loving roast chicken all up in them pizza guts.

Whole roast chicken, green olives and thawed frozen french fries; my favorite!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bubblyblubber posted:

Pizza is essentially pandora's box. Once opened to no rules, the world will descend into chaos. And I will be here to eat all that psycho-zza.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Bubblyblubber posted:

I know everything is pizza and therefore subject to no pizza rules, but maybe we need some pasta protocols? Like "meat sauces should actually contain sauce"?

It's not supposed to be sauce. It's just meat.

Pingiivi has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Feb 20, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
C O N S U M E

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bubblyblubber posted:

This is not allowed.

EorayMel posted:

C O N S U M E

Christ Jesus, neither is this.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

EorayMel posted:

C O N S U M E

Tarman is such an iconic character.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Pingiivi posted:

It's not supposed to be sauce. It's just meat.

UMMMM ACTUALLY I think you'll find that according to current pasta protocols a meat accompaniment must be either a) a steak b) a meat based, suitably liquid sauce or c) cold cuts. No substitutions allowed.

Mymla posted:

This is not allowed.

Christ Jesus, neither is this.

Whatever you say, pizza Stalin.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bubblyblubber posted:

UMMMM ACTUALLY I think you'll find that according to current pasta protocols a meat accompaniment must be either a) a steak b) a meat based, suitably liquid sauce or c) cold cuts. No substitutions allowed.

Pasta with cold cuts???

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

steinrokkan posted:

Pasta with cold cuts???

Look at this fool who's never had spaghetti bolognase :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bubblyblubber posted:

whats a sauce