Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Värmland is superior & will rise again mother fucker's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

eightpole posted:

Värmland is superior & will rise again mother fucker's

Just like yeast..

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
all you local anarchical aspirations will be crushed by the strong hand of the Nordic Union, commanded from the seat of power: Stockholm

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alhazred posted:

Just like yeast..

https://240snusit.se/

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

He is exceedingly dumb so he unlikely knows about Finnpol or the fact that Finland is not part of Scandinavia.

oh yeah i forgot the mongoloid finns aren't allowed into the norseman club

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

icantfindaname posted:

They were in for 650 years and then after briefly joining another club decided that they didn't want come back

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

Fader Movitz posted:

They were in for 650 years and then after briefly joining another club decided that they didn't want come back

The time is right to welcome them back into the fold

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Wild Horses posted:

The time is right to welcome them back into the fold

I'm onto your tricks, Sven.

Fine, but you'll have to pay for the border defense in the east then too.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

^^^accurate tbh

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Fox News is running these segments:

Sweden used to be "rape capital" full stop until some genius racist thought of mixing the refugees in it and now suddenly Sweden wasn't rape capital until the filthy jew muslim scum invaded that pristine aryan Western landscape. I'm NOT going to call anyone a Nazi because Nazism died with the third reich.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

throw to first drat IT posted:

I'm onto your tricks, Sven.

Fine, but you'll have to pay for the border defense in the east then too.

Well you're not supposed to say it...

Totally true though.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Revelation 2-13 posted:

No one said to ignore it, or to let criminals and/or murderers run free, you stupid rear end in a top hat.

Someone said you shouldn't be worried, because terrorism isn't actually very dangerous, this isn't even a controversial opinion or anything, it's something we've literally known for hundreds of years - it works because the media exaggerates the threat and people react completely irrationality to the media coverage (such as start blaming the Jews for losing WW I). People are utter imbeciles when it comes to terror (I blame lack of math and probability in the education system), and especially if politicians fall for it too realize that there are votes to be had in being 'tough on immigration', because people stupidly believe immigration and terror are related.

Teacher: "And now you know how to do a proper regression analysis."

Student: "I feel much better now that I know future terrorism will almost certainly only afflict people who aren't me, beep boop."

https://samtiden.nu/2017/01/terrorattacker-ar-inte-trafikolyckor/

Try structuring your sentences so they're possible to parse before decrying education.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Karpaw posted:

Teacher: "And now you know how to do a proper regression analysis."

Student: "I feel much better now that I know future terrorism will almost certainly only afflict people who aren't me, beep boop."

https://samtiden.nu/2017/01/terrorattacker-ar-inte-trafikolyckor/

Try structuring your sentences so they're possible to parse before decrying education.

Racist poo poo head with the hot takes. Good ol' scandipol.

Better hide, the biiiiig baaaad mooslems are coming to kill us and rape out women. Meanwhile, even in countries which have had sustained, targeted, terror campaigns, you're still more likely to die in traffic. Beep boop, it doesn't really matter because I don't actually care about the danger of terror, it's just a vehicle for me to spew my fascist and racist views and and platform for me to pretend that immigration should be seen as an existential threat.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
Yeah the whole point that everything is fine as long as it is less deadly than traffic probably isn't the best way to fight racism...

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Fox Cunning posted:

Yeah the whole point that everything is fine as long as it is less deadly than traffic probably isn't the best way to fight racism...

In case it wasn't clear from my last post, let me just say;

No one is arguing that we should ignore it. What I, and others, are saying is that the perceived danger is blown, way, way, way, out of proportion to the objective danger. Are we good? Do I need to reanimate Hans Rosling?

These are not the same thing, you understand that right? That you can be aware that terrorism on the grand scale of things, is a very minor issue, but still not want to ignore it? Like murder in general for example. I mean, this cannot me a huge revelation I hope? As we do that with a ton of things every day, such as the aforementioned traffic-related deaths.

As a side note: we also know that media coverage helps terrorism and exacerbates the problem - in two ways really, emboldening nazis like Karpaw, and increase recruitment potential for terrorist organizations, the implications should be obvious.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Terrorism is an ideological struggle. The liberal democratic groundworks are under attack, it's not just a murder.

You should take it very seriously, not minimize it.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

we also know that media coverage helps terrorism and exacerbates the problem - in two ways really, emboldening nazis like Karpaw, and increase recruitment potential for terrorist organizations, the implications should be obvious.

>implying

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Wild Horses posted:

Terrorism is an ideological struggle. The liberal democratic groundworks are under attack, it's not just a murder.

You should take it very seriously, not minimize it.

I agree, the rampant nationalism in both the US and the EU represents a clear and present danger to democracy. I just hope our secret police forces are on the ball.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Better hide, the biiiiig baaaad mooslems are coming to kill us and rape out women.

Got new avatar for you;

http://imgur.com/a/V4X4U

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I agree, the rampant nationalism in both the US and the EU represents a clear and present danger to democracy. I just hope our secret police forces are on the ball.

I agree with that too. Islamic extremism and European Nationalism are linked together, they support each other even

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Maybe we should consider why people feel need to vote for literal nazis as their representatives.

Hmm.

Nah, better just call them racists, that will do it.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Better hide, the biiiiig baaaad mooslems are coming to kill us and rape out women. Meanwhile, even in countries which have had sustained, targeted, terror campaigns, you're still more likely to die in traffic. Beep boop, it doesn't really matter because I don't actually care about the danger of terror, it's just a vehicle for me to spew my fascist and racist views and and platform for me to pretend that immigration should be seen as an existential threat.

Karpaw is a sympton of a far larger problem. The issue isn't terrorism and rape like the shitheads imply it is, it's the feeling that there are systemic problems that are occurring at seemingly every level of our society.

Schools? Slipping in PISA rankings, and teachers are underpaid, student scores are getting worse (especially in minority areas) and we keep loving with the curriculum constantly.
Healthcare? Takes ages to get help, nurses understaffed, ER's are a minor disaster, operations canceled due to shortage of staff, rising costs due to aging population and immigrants
Migrationsverket is woefully understaffed, and seem to either lack solid guidelines or leave far too much up to the judgement of their staff, considering you get established people with families and jobs deported, and reports that some staff are too softhearted to deny people who shouldn't be accepted in.
The police are also facing a major crisis. Not enough of them, to bogged down with administrative work, and not enough tools to deal with certain situations and types of people. (Nordstan anyone?) Leadership totally lacking, yet nothing gets done about that and things continue a steady decline.
Housing? Lol. Just lol.
LGBT and women issues in suburbs have drastically gotten worse as well. And anti-semitism is a huge problem in Malmö.
Jobs? Unless you got a university degree or YH education, you can go get hosed.

The far right has naturally decided to not let a good crisis go to waste and have blamed all these issues on immigrants. And they are partially right, in that the influx of people is putting tremendous pressure on the areas I mentioned. Without them, there'd still be problems with schools and healthcare and what not, they probably just wouldn't be this bad. These people are making a bad situation worse by adding pressure to a system already pushed to the brink, but it's not like it was rosy and hunky dory 2-3 years ago. Even if things are still pretty good now compared to other nations, we still remember that 10 years ago poo poo was a lot better than now.And that's not even getting in to the more thorny issues of the results of adding a large amount of people with cultural values that run counter to our own at certain areas, see the LGBT/womens issue above. People are starting to notice things getting worse around them, and they want someone to blame. They live in a nation with the highest taxes in the world, and they're not getting any returns on that investment.

The politcal leadership in this country has failed. Politicians squabble amongst each other and are either unable or unwilling to offer solutions. People are getting frustrated, they're seeing how the cornerstones of our society are being chipped away at all sides, and they want solutions, not platitudes.

In short, this is a powder keg, and when the next economic recession hits poo poo will hit the proverbial fan.

This is all just my opinion of course. I'm probably wrong and just internalised all the scary headlines I've been reading. But real or not, this is how a lot of people feel, and ignoring that is how you end up with an orange fascist in the white house. How do you fight something like the creeping terror that society is heading downhill and you get a front seat to the fall of the western world? :shrug:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

I agree with that too. Islamic extremism and European Nationalism are linked together, they support each other even

SÄPO rate left-wing extremism as an higher risk than right-wing, FYI.

The easy answer is that they are all bad.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McCloud posted:

Karpaw is a sympton of a far larger problem. The issue isn't terrorism and rape like the shitheads imply it is, it's the feeling that there are systemic problems that are occurring at seemingly every level of our society.

Schools? Slipping in PISA rankings, and teachers are underpaid, student scores are getting worse (especially in minority areas) and we keep loving with the curriculum constantly.
Healthcare? Takes ages to get help, nurses understaffed, ER's are a minor disaster, operations canceled due to shortage of staff, rising costs due to aging population and immigrants
Migrationsverket is woefully understaffed, and seem to either lack solid guidelines or leave far too much up to the judgement of their staff, considering you get established people with families and jobs deported, and reports that some staff are too softhearted to deny people who shouldn't be accepted in.
The police are also facing a major crisis. Not enough of them, to bogged down with administrative work, and not enough tools to deal with certain situations and types of people. (Nordstan anyone?) Leadership totally lacking, yet nothing gets done about that and things continue a steady decline.
Housing? Lol. Just lol.
LGBT and women issues in suburbs have drastically gotten worse as well. And anti-semitism is a huge problem in Malmö.

The far right has naturally decided to not let a good crisis go to waste and have blamed all these issues on immigrants. And they are partially right, in that the influx of people is putting tremendous pressure on the areas I mentioned. Without them, there'd still be problems with schools and healthcare and what not, they probably just wouldn't be this bad. These people are making a bad situation worse by adding pressure to a system already pushed to the brink, but it's not like it was rosy and hunky dory 2-3 years ago. Even if things are still pretty good now compared to other nations, we still remember that 10 years ago poo poo was a lot better than now.And that's not even getting in to the more thorny issues of the results of adding a large amount of people with cultural values that run counter to our own at certain areas, see the LGBT/womens issue above. People are starting to notice things getting worse around them, and they want someone to blame. They live in a nation with the highest taxes in the world, and they're not getting any returns on that investment.

The politcal leadership in this country has failed. Politicians squabble amongst each other and are either unable or unwilling to offer solutions. People are getting frustrated, they're seeing how the cornerstones of our society are being chipped away at all sides, and they want solutions, not platitudes.

In short, this is a powder keg, and when the next economic recession hits poo poo will hit the proverbial fan.

This is all just my opinion of course. I'm probably wrong and just internalised all the scary headlines I've been reading. But real or not, this is how a lot of people feel, and ignoring that is how you end up with an orange fascist in the white house. How do you fight something like the creeping terror that society is heading downhill and you get a front seat to the fall of the western world? :shrug:

Pretty much my view as well.
As well as some others:
http://folkbladet.se/blogg/widardirekt/svenska-massproblem-behover-utmanas/?blog=2518025&entry=9532869

Widar Andersson (S) posted:

Enligt Tino Sanandaji har 22 procent av Sveriges befolkning – 17 procent utrikes födda och 5 procent andra generationens invandrare – utländsk bakgrund.

I sin bok beskriver Tino Sanandaji Sveriges misslyckande som invandringsland genom att spegla de 22 procenten ovan mot andra siffror. Utrikes födda utgör 53 procent av de med långa fängelsestraff, 54 procent av de arbetslösa, och mottar 60 procent av de socialbidrag som utbetalas. 71 procent av barnfattigdomen i Sverige finns i hushåll med utländsk bakgrund. 76 procent av medlemmarna i kriminella gäng har invandrarbakgrund.

Ledande politiker talar gärna om ”Flyktingkrisen” 2015 som alla invandrarrelaterade utmaningars moder och orsak. Inget kunde vara felaktigare.

Sanningen är att huvuddelen av de rekordmånga asylsökande som kom till Sverige det året ännu bara belastar det statliga mottagningssystemet.

Faktum är att Sverige allt sedan 1985 och fram till 2015 har haft – räknat per innevånare- en ungefär fyra gånger så hög asylinvandring som övriga länder i Västeuropa.

Sanandaji skriver att Sverige på grund av den snabba invandringen har en befolkningsökning som ligger i nivå med ”utvecklingsländer som Bangladesh.”

Sverige är samtidigt är sämst i hela den industrialiserade världen med att få ut asylinvandrarna i arbete.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
From what I can find, Sweden has a pop growth rate that is closer to Iceland than Bangladesh. How is Timo counting? Cardiac, can you tell me?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

throw to first drat IT posted:

Maybe we should consider why people feel need to vote for literal nazis as their representatives.

Hmm.

Nah, better just call them racists, that will do it.

Won't anyone think of the poor nazi supporters? :qq:

McCloud posted:

Housing? Lol. Just lol.

I agree, that it's a powder keg, but so was the situation when the jewish people were the cause of all of Germany's woes 80 years ago.

No really, I agree with most of what you write, except on a couple central issues. Blaming immigration for all the problems is a misdiagnosis, sure there are cultural clashes (cue: someone disingenuously characterizing this statement as downplay hate-crimes or rape), but we've literally never been richer (as a society) in the EU, companies are producing record profits, executive salaries are through the roof, but suddenly we can't afford basic healthcare? We can't afford reasonable unemployment benefits? We can't fund our schools properly? It is simply not true. (side note: the Pisa survey is completely useless, it's an abomination against science, I say this as someone who works with statistics every day).

The current situation is the consequence of a choice made by politicians over the last 20-30 years to channel funds away from the public sector. OVERALL, in society, there is more money now than ever, we've never been this rich - it's all just in hedge funds and CEO pockets, funneled there based on the false reasoning that it would be more 'efficient' for society. It's loving comedy hour economic models at play here (for a fun time, look at the so-called 'dream-model' the danish government uses. It's an utterly political tool, designed to defund the state, legitimized by pretending to 'crystal ball' how the future is going to look, but in practice the answer to ANYTHING, unemployment, growth, demographic displacements, is lower the taxes). The 'we cant afford the welfare we used to', is simply not true, of course we can, but liberal and conservative fiscal economic policy, has been draining the public sector for decades now (both economically and in terms of competent people) to the point where the strengths of the traditional Scandinavian welfare state are all but gone (such as fighting inequality which we know leads to social strain in general, specifically crime, unrest and other issues with not having access to the institutionalized means - such as rejecting cultural goals, etc).

I know that it's not necessarily your point of view, but the 'highest taxes' is also complete horse poo poo, you cant look at taxes as separate from purchasing power. Purchasing power is a much better measurement for how much money people actually have to use (can they buy ipads, houses, cars, nikes, etc.), and Sweden is doing amazingly. I know this is harder to understand than 'taxes high = bad', but ffs. We can't allow stupid peoples perception of something to dictate how we treat problems in society, that leads to a complete horror show of a society. This goes for terrorism as well. We can't just say, 'Well people are really scared of terrorism, let's fight the muslims', because it has nothing to do with being a muslim (ooh, uuh, controversial, I expect a stinging retort from one of the white supremacists itt).

TLDR: The problem is capitalism, not immigration*

*THIS DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD PRETEND THAT THERE ARE NO ISSUES WITH IMMIGRATION AND INTEGRATION - Am I making myself clear? Is this a good enough disclaimer? Anyone still offended that I dare ignore the issues with known sharia state Malmo?
Really, I guess I should preface my every post with "Immigration issues is something we should take seriously and not ignore - here is my amazing recipe for walnut bread" for people not to be complete morons about it.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Won't anyone think of the poor nazi supporters? :qq:

I agree, that it's a powder keg, but so was the situation when the jewish people were the cause of all of Germany's woes 80 years ago.

No really, I agree with most of what you write, except on a couple central issues. Blaming immigration for all the problems is a misdiagnosis, sure there are cultural clashes (cue: someone disingenuously characterizing this statement as downplay hate-crimes or rape), but we've literally never been richer (as a society) in the EU, companies are producing record profits, executive salaries are through the roof, but suddenly we can't afford basic healthcare? We can't afford reasonable unemployment benefits? We can't fund our schools properly? It is simply not true. (side note: the Pisa survey is completely useless, it's an abomination against science, I say this as someone who works with statistics every day).

The current situation is the consequence of a choice made by politicians over the last 20-30 years to channel funds away from the public sector. OVERALL, in society, there is more money now than ever, we've never been this rich - it's all just in hedge funds and CEO pockets, funneled there based on the false reasoning that it would be more 'efficient' for society. It's loving comedy hour economic models at play here (for a fun time, look at the so-called 'dream-model' the danish government uses. It's an utterly political tool, designed to defund the state, legitimized by pretending to 'crystal ball' how the future is going to look, but in practice the answer to ANYTHING, unemployment, growth, demographic displacements, is lower the taxes). The 'we cant afford the welfare we used to', is simply not true, of course we can, but liberal and conservative fiscal economic policy, has been draining the public sector for decades now (both economically and in terms of competent people) to the point where the strengths of the traditional Scandinavian welfare state are all but gone (such as fighting inequality which we know leads to social strain in general, specifically crime, unrest and other issues with not having access to the institutionalized means - such as rejecting cultural goals, etc).

I know that it's not necessarily your point of view, but the 'highest taxes' is also complete horse poo poo, you cant look at taxes as separate from purchasing power. Purchasing power is a much better measurement for how much money people actually have to use (can they buy ipads, houses, cars, nikes, etc.), and Sweden is doing amazingly. I know this is harder to understand than 'taxes high = bad', but ffs. We can't allow stupid peoples perception of something to dictate how we treat problems in society, that leads to a complete horror show of a society. This goes for terrorism as well. We can't just say, 'Well people are really scared of terrorism, let's fight the muslims', because it has nothing to do with being a muslim (ooh, uuh, controversial, I expect a stinging retort from one of the white supremacists itt).

TLDR: The problem is capitalism, not immigration*

*THIS DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD PRETEND THAT THERE ARE NO ISSUES WITH IMMIGRATION AND INTEGRATION - Am I making myself clear? Is this a good enough disclaimer? Anyone still offended that I dare ignore the issues with known sharia state Malmo?
Really, I guess I should preface my every post with "Immigration issues is something we should take seriously and not ignore - here is my amazing recipe for walnut bread" for people not to be complete morons about it.

Seriously, you're talking about purchasing power when swedes are being slaughtered and raped on a daily basis. The problem is not capitalism, wake the gently caress up. There weren't grenades flying or no go zones for the police before the immigrants came.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

I'm on the train to Malmö atm pray for me

Btw having been through basically the entire Malmö hospital in my edumacation the last years, the resource intensive patients are by far the elderly, followed by addicts. The troubles stem from understaffing. Not that immigration doesn't put more burden on it but if anything it is another straw on an already heavily loaded back.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Stockholm Syndrome posted:

Seriously, you're talking about purchasing power when swedes are being slaughtered and raped on a daily basis. The problem is not capitalism, wake the gently caress up. There weren't grenades flying or no go zones for the police before the immigrants came.

Go back to the_donald, stop posting hyperbole.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

I've seen a few Swedish pensioneers collecting cans from the trash lately though, wasn't the case a few years ago. Sweden is still in a very good state, but it's the trend people are worrying about.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Stockholm Syndrome posted:

Seriously, you're talking about purchasing power when swedes are being slaughtered and raped on a daily basis.

What kind of Warhammer 40K diorama are you imagining here?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Finally, a solution for playing politics if you have too much occupational experience for parliament.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

McCloud posted:

Karpaw is a sympton of a far larger problem.

Indeed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:master:

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
http://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/mona-sahlin-erkanner-brott
Looks like Sahlin is finally done. It's quite impressive that such an utterly incompetent and corrupt politician have managed to stay relevant for so long. She should have been done 20 years ago but S takes care of the nomenklatura. However I will quite miss her since I can't think of any other figure that has done so much damage to S.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Yeah, nobody is going to miss her.

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wonderful Swedish multiculture :-D

http://www.nettavisen.no/nyheter/utenriks/opptyer-i-rinkeby-i-stockholm---politiet-har-avfyrt-varselskudd/3423315037.html

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Swedish supreme clown in charge with immigrant children. haha.

Why is the swedes so retarded?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

:derp: svenske tilstander :derp:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Beeswax posted:

What kind of Warhammer 40K diorama are you imagining here?

They fear the next foreign person they meet will suddenly turn inside out, praise Khorne and eat all his lingonberries. Truly these are the end times when even Mighty Sahlin has fallen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fox Cunning posted:

I've seen a few Swedish pensioneers collecting cans from the trash lately though, wasn't the case a few years ago. Sweden is still in a very good state, but it's the trend people are worrying about.

And there will be more as M & S stubbornly refuse to adjust the lowest levels of the pension scale against actual costs of living. V is still the only party more than symbolically vested in reforming the public pension system.