Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Schnorkles posted:

I must admit watching the republican senate yell at Paul Ryan for being dumb has been very enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/833758035927502848

joementum getting in some burns here and there

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

Paul Ryan is almost certainly safe, but his district is only R +6 iirc. A big enough wave would put him in jeopardy.

He's a strong incumbent and popular in his district though, so probably wouldn't happen even in the case where random R +6-7 districts get knocked off.

oh yeah he's totally safe. it's just a dream. even if the senate yells at him it won't make him contrite.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Paul Ryan is almost certainly safe, but his district is only R +6 iirc. A big enough wave would put him in jeopardy.

He's a strong incumbent and popular in his district though, so probably wouldn't happen even in the case where random R +6-7 districts get knocked off.

i know nothing about his district but i'm guessing it's a total shithole

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

this one will stand up in court tho.

not sure if I'm getting whooshed but scrawling "except Syrians" at the bottom of the original order is probably not going to change much

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

thrawn527 posted:

Holy poo poo. He is shook as gently caress.

His entire shtick is at risk. Instead of liberal students throwing a tantrum every time he was scheduled to speak somewhere because of bigoted statements he made, administrators can reject his visit because of his views on pedophilia and conservatives won't have a leg to stand on to criticize that decision. Milo's avenues for trolling are going to be severely limited, and as a result his worth to the right-wing is going to tank.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

IKEA should shut down its US locations until Trump apologizes

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Yinlock posted:

i know nothing about his district but i'm guessing it's a total shithole

Wisconsin, so yes

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

triple sulk posted:

IKEA should disassemble its US locations until Trump apologizes

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Nichael posted:

Again, this assumes that they didn't want judicial chaos. I don't know if they ever wanted that version of the travel ban to succeed. I believe they just wanted to drum up chaos and further divide the nation in an effort to destabilize it. After all, destabilization is literally what Bannon has said on record that he wants (and considering Donald works for a foreign enemy, destabilization works for his bosses too).

Trump and Bannon are not complex machiavellian political agents.

Trump is an out of shape idiot who watches TV all day and eats McDonalds.
Bannon is an alcoholic weirdo.

There is no greater plan at work here; you're ascribing far too much competence to an administration staffed by people who work in the dark because they don't know how to turn on lights.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

Does the WH even understand why its mulsim ban was enjoined. I dont think they do.

Because of a bad court that didn't do its job!! Easy D!! Sad!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/833733129504485377

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm expecting the new EO to be very much a response to the legal reasoning in the various court rulings but it will be drafted by non-lawyers who are all in on the ideology so it's gonna get loving owned again and I'm gonna do some hearty lols

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Penisaurus Sex posted:

There is no greater plan at work here; you're ascribing far too much competence to an administration staffed by people who work in the dark because they don't know how to turn on lights.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

the real problem here is how everyone with the power to stop them refuses to even try

this is why checks and balances are important!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

putin is an evil machiavellian super agent tho

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

His entire shtick is at risk. Instead of liberal students throwing a tantrum every time he was scheduled to speak somewhere because of bigoted statements he made, administrators can reject his visit because of his views on pedophilia and conservatives won't have a leg to stand on to criticize that decision. Milo's avenues for trolling are going to be severely limited, and as a result his worth to the right-wing is going to tank.

yeah, the only way things could get worse for him is if simon&schuster pull his book deal

incidentally if you wanted to contact simon&schuster for some reason this guy is their PR dude https://twitter.com/AdamRothberg

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Chokes McGee posted:

not sure if I'm getting whooshed but scrawling "except Syrians" at the bottom of the original order is probably not going to change much

the other leaks about it have indicated they're exempting green card holders and giving an in transit consideration as well. There's probably been more softening as well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm expecting the new EO to be very much a response to the legal reasoning in the various court rulings but it will be drafted by non-lawyers who are all in on the ideology so it's gonna get loving owned again and I'm gonna do some hearty lols

my one fear is that he's going to keep spamming the same order over and over again with different wording and DHS/ICE is going to say "well the new order hasn't been struck down so I guess we have to execute it until then!!"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

nah, public universities still have to be careful with the hecklers veto thing because technically advocating for man/boy love isn't illegal. it does make it less likely that conservative college groups will invite him, though.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Penisaurus Sex posted:

p. sure you're both right. bannon is an idiot who fancies himself a political mastermind, but america is juuuuuust stupid enough to fall for it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Pedophiles are bad imo

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Yinlock posted:

the real problem here is how everyone with the power to stop them refuses to even try

That's the scary thing.

We have a party in power ran by people who are profoundly incompetent, and an opposition party saying "Yeah they're doing bad things, but the worst part is that they have no respect for the process!"

There's no easy way out of this situation, and things aren't going to turn around when Trump leaves.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Yinlock posted:

[republican congressman voice] why don't you check deez?*balances nuts on your chin*

Serf
May 5, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

my one fear is that he's going to keep spamming the same order over and over again with different wording and DHS/ICE is going to say "well the new order hasn't been struck down so I guess we have to execute it until then!!"

rip the legal system: killed by eo spam

new tactic is op, congress pls nerf

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

the other leaks about it have indicated they're exempting green card holders and giving an in transit consideration as well. There's probably been more softening as well.

kelly has probably had input so it won't be nearly as much of a hilarious clusterfuck but that means it'll also allow syrian refugees in (because kelly knows our vetting process is hilariously long and arduous) and simply restrict immigration quotas or something like that.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So I hope everyone is having a healthy and productive start to the week

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Serf posted:

p. sure you're both right. bannon is an idiot who fancies himself a political mastermind, but america is juuuuuust stupid enough to fall for it

Bannon is a 'political mastermind' in DC because he's read like 4 books.

lmao we're so hosed.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

triple sulk posted:

IKEA should open up more US locations until Trump apologizes

Penisaurus Sex posted:

lmao we're so hosed.

that's an achievement for most americans wow 4 books

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

That's the scary thing.

We have a party in power ran by people who are profoundly incompetent, and an opposition party saying "Yeah they're doing bad things, but the worst part is that they have no respect for the process!"

There's no easy way out of this situation, and things aren't going to turn around when Trump leaves.

i think trump leaving will be a pretty sharp turn around no matter what, even if it brings us from devastated to extremely poo poo

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

ffvii is p. good but ix will always be the best

And tactics.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

nah, public universities still have to be careful with the hecklers veto thing because technically advocating for man/boy love isn't illegal.

lol no they don't

the one common thread through all mainstream and most fringe though is advocating pedophilia makes you a persona non grata

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

playing C&C:Generals has prepared me for the coming cold war with China.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wikkheiser posted:

So I hope everyone is having a healthy and productive start to the week

My car has a 400 repair and I'm in urgent care feeling like my jugulars are going to explode

how are you

Serf
May 5, 2011

Penisaurus Sex posted:

lmao we're so hosed.

tbf that is 3 more books than the average american

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Donald Trump is literally that drunk uncle character on Weekend Update

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-says-last-night-in-sweden-incident-fox-news

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it's like when you get on a rollercoaster and start going up and up and up and then you're reversed back to the station because you're a pedophile and cops are there to arrest you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Serf posted:

tbf that is 3 more books than the average american

Excuse me.

The Harry Potter series is 7 books.

• Locked thread