Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LOL THE PICK IS PROTECTED INDEFINITELY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Are you loving serious.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

BEST TIME BEST MOVE BEST OFFER

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

tyreke is coming yeah...tyreke is expiring contract

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Comparing Steven Nash to Steph Curry is really dumb. They are extremely different players. Steph just scored 30 points in a Season. Nash, at most, scored 19. Other than both of them being great shooters they are really, really different point guards.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I think that the craziest thing about this trade is that there is a very real chance that Cousins and Davis are not going to mesh together on the court defensively. Offensively this has a chance to be a game changer, having two bigs with range that can also punish you down low could greatly punish teams for going small.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Probably Magic posted:

Does Curry have even close to the same passing skill and court vision that Nash did, because honestly, I don't think so and am siding with Daltos here.

Nash has about 3 more assists per 100 possesions and about .25 more turnovers (though Nash's prime years he turned it over a lot more than Curry has). I'd give Nash the edge on being a floor general, but Curry scores way, way, way more (9 more points per 100) on a bit more efficient shooting. Curry also is much better at getting steals, and probably is a couple tiers above Nash defensively (Curry isn't great at that, but Nash was really, really bad). Curry also takes twice as many 3s, which if you subscribe to floor stretching, he does that better than any player ever.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Are you loving serious.

To paraphrase:

Reporter: "Is the pick top 3 protected?"
Vlade: "yes and if we don't get it this year we get it the next and if not that year then the next and so on and so on"

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
sacramento.craigslist.org

/for sale

/sporting

"Lightly Used Best Big Man in the NBA, 50 Cents on the Dollar OBO"

*checks "No, I do not want to be contacted with other better offers" box*

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

WhyteRyce posted:

What the actual gently caress?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
So the thesis of this press conference is that Buddy and a mid-first rounder would have been off the table if the Kings waited a couple more days?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

xbilkis posted:

So the thesis of this press conference is that Buddy and a mid-first rounder would have been off the table if the Kings waited a couple more days?

Well, Salary needs to match.

e: that's also all they essentially gave up. None of those other assets have any value.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Well, Salary needs to match.

e: that's also all they essentially gave up. None of those other assets have any value.

Salaries only have to match if the trade results in going over the cap. A bunch of teams could have absorbed Cousins without sending much salary back.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Lockback posted:

Nash has about 3 more assists per 100 possesions and about .25 more turnovers (though Nash's prime years he turned it over a lot more than Curry has). I'd give Nash the edge on being a floor general, but Curry scores way, way, way more (9 more points per 100) on a bit more efficient shooting. Curry also is much better at getting steals, and probably is a couple tiers above Nash defensively (Curry isn't great at that, but Nash was really, really bad). Curry also takes twice as many 3s, which if you subscribe to floor stretching, he does that better than any player ever.

Yeah all of this. Curry being a more efficient shooter while having a significantly higher usage than Nash just about every year puts a lot of distance when trying to compare them. Nash was a better passer and Curry is better at everything else.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

Salaries only have to match if the trade results in going over the cap. A bunch of teams could have absorbed Cousins without sending much salary back.

that's not the question I was responding to but yeah ok

e: Nevermind I misread his post.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
With Nash you also had to keep in mind that he had a weird back problem (I think he was born with it) that limited his ability to defend and limited his minutes. I'm a huge fan of Steve and think he's a genuinely good guy. But Curry's a better player, full stop. poo poo, Steve would probably agree.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

I think that the craziest thing about this trade is that there is a very real chance that Cousins and Davis are not going to mesh together on the court defensively. Offensively this has a chance to be a game changer, having two bigs with range that can also punish you down low could greatly punish teams for going small.

Cousins locks down the paint Davis plays weakside defense. I can't wait for that offense though. Holy gently caress.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Can Durant/Green remotely guard Davis/Boogie? That is going to be a highly entertaining series if GSW can't play the death lineup.

(Warriors in 4)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

big boi posted:

Can Durant/Green remotely guard Davis/Boogie? That is going to be a highly entertaining series if GSW can't play the death lineup.

(Warriors in 4)

Durant can't guard either idk about green

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh man I can't understand why we got such a poo poo haul for Cousins
https://twitter.com/seancunningham/status/833779198581886976

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade Divac was, not making GBS threads you, hired for his diplomacy and bridge building skills
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/833778719860748289

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

big boi posted:

(Warriors in 4)

Warriors do well without a Death Lineup. They got through the West in 2015 without using it once. They are going to have a real problem rebounding the ball though. I think its important to also understand that the Boogie/AD Pelicans are not going to be full potential trying to adjust midseason.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Zach "The stories about Demarcus Cousins berating Nik Stauskas. Threatening to fight Nik Stauskas on the plane to China." Windhorst "He's getting hounded and bullied everyday by Demarcus, I felt bad for him." From Zach Lowe's podcast around 17 mins and on, http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18725359.

Oh man Cousins ruined golden boy Stauskas no wonder Vivek wanted him gone for Stauskas pt.2

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade: Character matters
*trades best player for someone who just punched him in the balls*
Vlade: Best time best offer

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I want to know what offer he turned down two days ago that was supposedly better so badly

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade is the worst loving negotiator. Like, he sold his car to a third party minutes before walking into a dealer for the first time ever and his cellphone was broken so he couldn't Uber his way out of it

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Jota posted:

I want to know what offer he turned down two days ago that was supposedly better so badly

Almost literally any other trade that didn't involve Buddy Hield

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Vlade Divac was, not making GBS threads you, hired for his diplomacy and bridge building skills
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/833778719860748289

You can't build a bridge if there's one already there. Gotta burn them all down first.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The worst thing about this trade is now any superstar on a small market is going to constantly have pieces written about him being traded for a bunch of trash. I feel like this was slowly dying.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Just hold in your hearts that this is causing Simmons physical pain

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

The worst thing about this trade is now any superstar on a small market is going to constantly have pieces written about him being traded for a bunch of trash. I feel like this was slowly dying.

So business as usual for the Wolves then

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Lockback posted:

At least it was to another small market team. People have gotta write terrible trade speculation stories about something, it's a law of the universe.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Adun posted:

You can't build a bridge if there's one already there. Gotta burn them all down first.

Oh man the Kings really are run by Roll Safe meme guy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

big boi posted:

(Warriors in 4)

Neither can guard AD at all. Boogie has been significantly hampered by them.

AD's stats with Durant and Green on the court

Boogie's stats with Durant and Green on the court

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cousins stats suffer because the warriors are smart about how they send help because they don't have to fear anyone else beating them. and their length results in bad turnovers on kick outs or on dribbling into the help

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Warriors lose if they're forced to start McGee. They are incredibly reliant on Zaza's health if the Pelicans face the Warriors.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Buddy Hield is only five years younger than Charles Barkley?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

The Warriors lose if they're forced to start McGee. They are incredibly reliant on Zaza's health if the Pelicans face the Warriors.

Counterpoint, Curry Durant pnrs and threes are worth more than twos.

But I hope they can pick up a shooter or two off the scrapheap and have a monstrous offense and make the playoffs

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

So business as usual for the Wolves then

Not to sound like a sports radio host but I called this when the New CBA came out. The banana boat crowd got themelves huge paydays and everyone else has to find a crack to slide into. Maybe that's fair for the best 20 or so players, but what about the 10 other teams. At least some of them are going to supermax just all star caliber not great players and will be handicapped.

At least there will be more max salary depleting trades and wild stuff every year.

The NBA is going to be a lot more like the late 90s NBA, those huge Allan Houston esque deals, and deferred payment maxes now that the over 36 rule is gone.

We're going to be living in stretch, buyout, trade, chaos city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I hope this is a thing now where whoever wins the allstars mvp gets cousins for a year

• Locked thread