Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

That's many vandalized graves, almost as many as I got votes in the electoral college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

His response would be a rambling fifteen minute diatribe about how many people attended his inauguration, followed by decrying an imaginary terrorist attack in some randomly-determined northern European country.

this would be funny if it wasnt a thing that literally happened

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol milo was just about the cross the finish linea fter his softball interview with maher and now hell just be rememered as DANGEROUS (TO CHILDRNE)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This is fine right?

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

This is like a sweet tasty morsel amidst a famine

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Did Milo go to Penn State?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

what is even the loving point of antisemitism in tyool 2k17

it's not as if these people are doing it because they disagree with israel's settler policy

like does random joe redneck really feel the boot of the jew on his neck or something

people really enjoy having some other group to hate and blame for all their life's ills

like they actively enjoy it, it is fulfilling to them (but always leaves them hollow husks)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That book was coming out in two weeks and S&S poured a ton of money into it.

drat

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!
for the record, for all the gross poo poo in sci fi, the worst was when i found out Samuel R. Delaney is a NAMBLA member

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

it's not as if these people are doing it because they disagree with israel's settler policy

like does random joe redneck really feel the boot of the jew on his neck or something

Me, a white man, am being bested by the black mud people. However I am superior to him. How can this be?

:enter antisemitic conspiracy theories about Jewish puppetmasters:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Wikkheiser posted:

drat

oh man that's too bad, think of all the synonyms for "cuck" we're missing out on

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

FizFashizzle posted:

do they really? no. but they think they do!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SKULL.GIF posted:

people really enjoy having some other group to hate and blame for all their life's ills

like they actively enjoy it, it is fulfilling to them (but always leaves them hollow husks)

This forums group is Drunk Canadian Sewer Workers.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

zegermans posted:

Me, a white man, am being bested by the black mud people. However I am superior to him. How can this be?

:enter antisemitic conspiracy theories about Jewish puppetmasters:

*reads farnham's freehold*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

maybe we should give the nazis the chance to express themselves in the marketplace of ideas

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Former Everything posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EAT poo poo YOU gently caress

the best part will be explaining this to my extreme RW family members who have been posting Milo's "sick burns on libs" to their facebook for the last couple of weeks

How old are these family members? Curious.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Haha

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wikkheiser posted:

drat

Sue milo into the grave?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Can't he just self publish it on Amazon and probably still make a shitload of money?

Or do they own the rights to all the content?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

stop giving milo all this attention :qq:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

someone needs to a send a golem after these nazi retards

like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK1uem7xGSc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

guys guys dont you know thats what he wants???? to have his book cancelled and his career ruined because nobody will hire him to speak anymore!!!! youre playing right into his hands

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

so close to the wing nut welfare book tour circuit, yet so far :discourse:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
and in one swoop, the demon is felled

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Al! posted:

guys guys dont you know thats what he wants???? to have his book cancelled and his career ruined because nobody will hire him to speak anymore!!!! youre playing right into his hands

lol people got mad UC Berkely wouldn't let a pedophile speak and doxx fellow students. Somehow Trump is still going to threaten the UC system withholding funds.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

lmao I hope Milo already blew all his advance money and now he can't return it~~~~

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Stefan Prodan posted:

Can't he just self publish it on Amazon and probably still make a shitload of money?

Or do they own the rights to all the content?

depends on the contract. was this milo's first book? most typically, publishers will demand exclusive publishing rights on someone's first book because someone's first publication is a big risk for them and on the off-chance it becomes big they don't want to have it taken from them - and the author likely doesn't have the credibility to just go wherever they want, so they can get away with it.

if it wasn't his first book then it is almost certainly not exclusive.

it's also not guaranteed that it was exclusive even if it was his first book. books with very broad appeal give people a better negotiating position, and political/manifesto books generally do better there than, say, whatever sci-fi or fantasy novel some boring housewife has had rattling around in her brain for the better part of a decade. he may also have just been willing to take less money in return for not being tied down. maybe. i'd still rate the chances of exclusivity over 50% if it's his first rodeo.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 20, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Schnorkles posted:

and in one swoop, the demon is felled

Naw he's not a demon he's just a Dumb Pedo-supporting Brit with zero brains.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I gotta say it's really loving cathartic to have something career-ruining actually matter after the last year and a half.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

change my name posted:

lmao I hope Milo already blew all his advance money and now he can't return it~~~~

he almost certainly gets to keep it regardless

ss is taking a huge loss on this.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Coolguye posted:

well this is heartening because it means that kiddie loving does, indeed, matter

now we just need to get ivanka to do her tell-all about donny t's dark room drop and the world will start to recover its sanity

it only matters if its boys sorry

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Wikkheiser posted:

drat

Lol nice

Sorry you couldn't help your buddy achieve normalization bill :(

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

change my name posted:

Those pearls weren't cheap

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zegermans posted:

I gotta say it's really loving cathartic to have something career-ruining actually matter after the last year and a half.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

leftist agitators

proof: they left "goldstein" standing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lmao at people convinced this is the last we'll hear of milo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/fart/status/833744756542840832

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted:

he almost certainly gets to keep it regardless

ss is taking a huge loss on this.

They were already under quite a bit of internal pressure from writers who didn't want anything to do with Milo, so I'm sure their exit strategy was already mapped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Coolguye posted:

depends on the contract. was this milo's first book? most typically, publishers will demand exclusive publishing rights on someone's first book because someone's first publication is a big risk for them and on the off-chance it becomes big they don't want to have it taken from them - and the author likely doesn't have the credibility to just go wherever they want, so they can get away with it.

if it wasn't his first book then it is almost certainly not exclusive.

nah he wrote like a poetry book or whatever before

• Locked thread